HSX HyperSonic.Xtreme PlayStation 2

8.4

1. LuzbelN.
    Apr 25, 2003
    Bonito juego digo me gusta a webo por que es el ulnico que me alcanzo pues nadamas tenia 10 dolares =D asi a quien no le gusta no creen?
  2. JigganisZig
    Aug 3, 2004
    I like this game very much. The trak editor alone is a reason to buy this game. You could imagine its like F-zero. Eee-yeap. The racing is fun, although when you go too fast or go over certain parts of track, the steering goes outta control, and it was intentional in the game. You get used to it. The trak editor is very fun to play with. Ive spent 40 hours on it so far and i have just I like this game very much. The trak editor alone is a reason to buy this game. You could imagine its like F-zero. Eee-yeap. The racing is fun, although when you go too fast or go over certain parts of track, the steering goes outta control, and it was intentional in the game. You get used to it. The trak editor is very fun to play with. Ive spent 40 hours on it so far and i have just started playing the game (well i beat all the races.) The races are very hard even on easy mode. Its pretty frustrating. and you have to race to get more Track editor features. But in the end, it is good. and its $10. Expand
  3. SeanF.
    Feb 20, 2003
    Track editor is well worth the price of admissions. What not many are telling you is that this game only sux if you are a hard core racing gamer nerd. I thought it was very fun with crazy wild tracks and quite a few surprises.
  4. AndyM.
    Mar 18, 2003
    If the gameplay in HSX was even half as good as the track editor is, the folks who make Wipeout would be truly scared. It isn't, though, and the game isn't much fun because of it. So much potential... let's see if there's an HSX2 that fixes the problems. :)
  5. JohnScott
    Aug 16, 2005
    This game ROCKS!!! The game is all about speed. The track editor has unlimited posibilities in the game. You can choose from all over the world, and I mean anyhere in the world! And when you pick it you will start building your track. like most level editors like in tony hawk, the track building is total manual control. meaning turning the degrees of your track up or down,left,right,side This game ROCKS!!! The game is all about speed. The track editor has unlimited posibilities in the game. You can choose from all over the world, and I mean anyhere in the world! And when you pick it you will start building your track. like most level editors like in tony hawk, the track building is total manual control. meaning turning the degrees of your track up or down,left,right,side to side. just how to explain how you make the track is put all of those words that I just said and mix it up. I dont know,its kinda difficult just how the track building works. but its totally like you never seen before. and its vary easy to do. and it has a tutorials so you can lern about the track editor and its easy to lern. its like a 2 step generation of level editors of this day. you can aso put scenery on your track. like different bridges style and a audience and lights on your track and buidings and trees and bill boards and many other stuff. and you can move these objects in any angle and in the world. and you can change the time and weather and track themes. and you can change the ground to snowy or braked earth, themes like that. and you can change the track style to by different track textures and waves on the track and track barriers styles and track barrier height and even to invisible track. it aso has a highlighter track thing to put stuff like that. the game is actually easy! Just press the R2 or L2 for when you are going too fast or hard turns. makes the game a lot easer for me. there's sooo much I havent explained about the track editor but trust me its ReaIIIILLLY BIG!!! so if you like the fucherictic racing with fast speeds and big jumps that just make you feel,wooh! and the EXSLUSIVE! track editor than this is your game! you will probly not find it in stores now but look on ebay. you will find it there. just make sure it has a 100% feed back and in good condition. Collapse
  6. ArtN.
    Apr 11, 2003
    Good racing game for weekend racers. Won't make the hardcore racers happy but it's learning curve is light enough to allow us other have some fun. The track editor is awesome, Excite Bike anyone?
  7. RyanM.
    Apr 28, 2003
    I love these kind of racing games and there are only two of its kind, and that' s f-zero x. This is a great game for a starting price of 10 bucks, so because it is so cheap i would recommend it. You can also makeyour own cups and tracks which can be very fun.

1. If this game didn't have such a robust (yes, that's right, robust) track creation engine, then HSX would only be worth a weekend rental.
    Isn't worth the cost of an Extra Value Meal, let alone two.
  3. PSM Magazine
    Overall, HSX isn't too bad, but it's definitely behind the times in terms of polygon count, special effects, control, and other such things. [Apr 2003, p.42]