7.3

1. Sep 19, 2017
    There was such potential for a good Indiana Jones story here, but it was squandered on endless cliches and terrible writing. This is further marred by endless rail shooting sequences and even more endless quick time events. The times that neither of those are happening, the clunky controls take much of the fun away. In areas where the game opens up, it becomes difficult on what path theThere was such potential for a good Indiana Jones story here, but it was squandered on endless cliches and terrible writing. This is further marred by endless rail shooting sequences and even more endless quick time events. The times that neither of those are happening, the clunky controls take much of the fun away. In areas where the game opens up, it becomes difficult on what path the developers want for you to take. This ends in spending time looking for some trigger for an event to happen.

I did not mind the graphics of the game for its time. The only graphical issue I could complain about is the faces. The reactions are terrible, and from a distance, their faces are barely recognizable. The voice acting is quite good. I wish they would have recorded more falling voices for Indy because I got sick of hearing the same one each time I fell trying to reach an artifact or in the other times I fell.

In the end, unless you are a huge Indy fan, this game is unremarkable and I wouldn't recommend playing it. Even as an Indy fan there will be many moments that will make you cringe in the story.
  2. Sep 28, 2015
    Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is the second Indiana Jones game I've played on the PS2, after The Emperor's Tomb, and it really didn't feel like an improvement at all.

The controls feel somewhat unresponsive. The graphics in this game are really bad, even for a PS2 game. The environments are dull and empty. The face of Indy looks weird, even on the front of the box he looks less like Indy than on the box from the older game.

You can't use a weapon whenever you want. There are fixed points in the game where you get to shoot a gun without being able to run around, just like an old -fashioned on rail shooter. But the controls feel clunky and make the shooting sequences very unpleasant.

The person who did the voice acting for Indiana Jones did a rather good job, he really sounds a lot like him.

The Indiana Jones movie series delivered some of the best adventure movies ever, but unfortunately there is no good Indiana Jones game made for the Playstation console as to this date.

I can't give this game more than 4 out of 10.
  3. Oct 8, 2011
    Very successful PS2 port. Staff of Kings is very hard game, but it provides a lot of fun! It's great game! Great battle system, puzzles and interface. This game is great back of Indiana Jones and I recommend that for everyone.
  4. BryanFear
    Sep 6, 2009
    Utter crap. Fate of Atlantis and The Infernal Machine were vastly superior to this game. How many years was this in the making again? Two? Three? What a train-wreck. It's horrible player control reminds me of the old Fifth Element game from a decade or so ago.

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings is a pity, because although it has very interesting aspects, the final result is not as good as it should have been.
  2. Entirely unremarkable.
  3. Even so, its relatively short escape to parts unknown, coupled with its limited gameplay, can make this adventure feel like another in a growing string of low moments in Indy's console career.