• Publisher: Atari
  • Release Date: Sep 26, 2005
7.8

1. AidanJ.
    Nov 17, 2005
    This game is quite overrated. I have to agree with the minority on this one. I had really high hopes for the game but when I got it home I was completely dissapointed. I just want to warn people to not waste their money. Rent this first. I think it must be an acquired taste.
  2. PhilT.
    Sep 24, 2005
    This isn't the future of adventure games, it's a rehash of many ideas adventure games abandoned years ago. Endless cutscenes interrupted by occasional moments of awkward game-play via a "Tomb Raider" style control system, dodgy camera to boot. And clumsy gesture recognition thrown in for good measure. If ever a game deserved the title of "Emperor's New Clothes", it's this one.
  3. JoshuaJ.
    Sep 25, 2005
    The game only gets a 3 because it (1) Boots up, (2) the cut scenes are sometimes OK, and (3) One of the many chronicly annoying characters has a I (heart) c++ mug. Notice that all three points have noting to do with game play. The in game camera work is dodgy, the game progression is slow and tedious, characters are remarkably thin and flimsy, and I was left with the feeling that I was The game only gets a 3 because it (1) Boots up, (2) the cut scenes are sometimes OK, and (3) One of the many chronicly annoying characters has a I (heart) c++ mug. Notice that all three points have noting to do with game play. The in game camera work is dodgy, the game progression is slow and tedious, characters are remarkably thin and flimsy, and I was left with the feeling that I was prompted to mash buttons in order to make a relatively uninspired interactive story more game like. Expand
  4. Jun 8, 2013
    An interactive story driven game Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy starts out with great promise featuring some genuinely tense scenes as you try to avoid arrest. Unfortunately the story soon becomes a complete load of nonsense and the gameplay consists almost entirely of extended QTE sections. A shame as at first it seemed as though it could have been something great.
  5. Melanie
    Sep 25, 2005
    This game is really bad. Very boring and all around annoying. If you like to awkwardly walk around a screen and wait for an icon to pop up before you move the right analog stick in a specified direction then this is the perfect game for you.
  6. Joshua
    Dec 8, 2005
    A potentially excellent game ruined by Simon Says reflex controls, pointless mini-games, and shoddy camera work. At one point the camera kept sliding after I took my thumb off the analog. I wanted to keep playing the game and following the story but the wretched controls (worse than Silent Hill) kept angering me. At one point I yelled, "Didn't anyone playtest this?" A serious A potentially excellent game ruined by Simon Says reflex controls, pointless mini-games, and shoddy camera work. At one point the camera kept sliding after I took my thumb off the analog. I wanted to keep playing the game and following the story but the wretched controls (worse than Silent Hill) kept angering me. At one point I yelled, "Didn't anyone playtest this?" A serious disappointment. Hopefully Quantic Dream will solve these problems before they release another game in this genre. Expand
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    This game defines Deus Ex Machina.

You might think I'm being harsh, but imagine watching a serious movie such as Shawshank Redemption, or Schinler's List and then having it go all Angels & Demons/Dragon Ball Z on you........ The last couple hours of the game just ruined it for me. The first few hours are amazing, and right when you hone in and figure out what's going on......I'm not
    This game defines Deus Ex Machina.

The last couple hours of the game just ruined it for me. The first few hours are amazing, and right when you hone in and figure out what's going on......I'm not going to spoil anything, but the game completely changes. You literally jump out a window and into a new game. This wouldn't be so bad, but the switch to this whole demonic plot is just poorly done. The villain is terribly portrayed.....and it literally feels like they made a great game, but didn't know how to end it, so they went with "completely off the walls."

1. Fahrenheit heralds the renaissance in adventure games. The puzzles are logical and use common sense. The cinematic feeling, excellent voice acting, gripping action sequences and excellent audiovisual elements complement the tightly woven plot. The story and scene’s change according to the players choices and actions, which has often been talked about, but rarely implemented as well as in Fahrenheit. The game proves that adventure games are not dead, they just needed to find a way to adjust. [Sept 2005, p.52]
  2. Well, now Fahrenheit is here in all its understated, slow-burning glory; and chances are most gamers will probably be blissfully unaware that the adventure genre has changed for the better in Quantic Dream's latest masterpiece.
  3. Unique, and only the fact that it won't be every player's idea of fun (walking, listening, talking, mashing sticks...) holds it back. But to pass up on such a powerful experience based on preconceptions of 'boring adventure games' would be a very big mistake. [PSM2]