• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Dec 17, 2001
7.7

1. DahlfynP.
    Apr 21, 2002
    At first I thought the monsters were a bit too much like pokemaon but then they all evolved.... need I say more?
  2. GrahamP.
    Feb 5, 2002
    I love this game.
  3. ChrisN.
    Feb 8, 2002
    I think it's an overall good game, but I hate those darn advancement tests.
  4. JustinD.
    Mar 24, 2002
    I agree with Chris that the advancement tests are a pain. Also with Phil, that finetuning groups is difficult. Over all it is a GREAT game. Anyone thinking they might be interested should really give it a try.
  5. PhilT.
    Mar 4, 2002
    This game was great. One of the only PS2 rpg's I liked. But it's hard to get your team exactly how you want them.
  6. ZAndredM.
    Apr 11, 2002
    This game is awesome. I like it and the monster looks so cool.
  7. VegetaSSJ5T.
    Apr 24, 2002
    This game is perfect. I love it, so thats why I'm giving it this score.
  8. SeanE.
    Jun 8, 2002
    I think this games rocks, it is one of the better games I've ever played.
  9. EvanC
    Dec 14, 2009
    It is december 14th 2009. I have played a fair few hours in Jade cocoon two now, only just got it. I'm pretty hardcore gamer have got original Jade cocoon. Review: This game is a case off hit and miss graphically and otherwise. It is 8 years old and still the charecter disign if limited, ie. no muscle animation and mouth does not move during dialouge, it is charming and the It is december 14th 2009. I have played a fair few hours in Jade cocoon two now, only just got it. I'm pretty hardcore gamer have got original Jade cocoon. Review: This game is a case off hit and miss graphically and otherwise. It is 8 years old and still the charecter disign if limited, ie. no muscle animation and mouth does not move during dialouge, it is charming and the charecters have a personality and i almost care about them. The backgrounds and the monsters are where the game completely fails graphically. Every dungeon forest looks identical and quickly gets drab, the monsters too have a very limited number of models and quickly get uninteresting. The voice acting and cutscenes range from embarrising and infurating to amateur. However, THe main charecter kahu and the fairy thing nico are well voiced for the most part, and do add a certain charm and humour. The game is split up into short dungeon type levels, which suits it very well, if making it extremely linear and obviously repetive. The gameplay is original and i'm surprised it hasnt been used or developed further in any other rpgs. The fact that you have to decide on strategy and that its so simple to pick up but infinitely complex makes it a game that any serious rpg hardcore should play if only to see how smart the gameplay system is. Overall you come for the charming charecters and intersting gameplay, you stay to unlock all the possibility of your battle formation and monster merging variations. Any serious RPG gamer should at least own the original jade cocoon as it was a deep experience withgreat producion vlaues [for the time] and if you like the original you will like the sequel. If original and forgotten rpg gems, and gameplay that can teach games developers for the furture about being innovitive and smart. Pokemon it was not, but there are so many original features that have not been adopted by contempary rpgs [that despite its shallow and linear levels and inispirng and drab backgrounds and some annoying voices] it deserves to be played. Give it and [the orignal] a chance. Expand
  10. BrianM.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I LOVE this game! It RRRROOOOCCCCKKKKSSSS!!!!!!
  11. MikeD.
    Jul 26, 2002
    I'll put it to you this way, if i could vote higher than a 10 i would. :) IT ROCKS TOTALLY!!!
  12. Sep 12, 2013
    A good game that really does its own thing. At the time, this was a rather unique concept that really was allot of fun. However, I did find the game did get very repetitive the longer you played it. With a few more side activities and more in game mechanics, it could have been better. But, as it is, it still good and allot of fun.

Overall: A different, but good game, that perhaps is

Overall:
    A different, but good game, that perhaps is better played in small doses.

1. Visually appealing and highly addictive
  2. The repetitive environments drag it down a bit, but that’s far from a fatal blow. [Feb 2002, p.107]
    Different, rewarding, intelligent, funny, and filled with memorable characters and weird creatures. It’s damn fun, too, and will keep you performing the repetitive duties required of a monster raiser for far longer than you’d ever imagine.