8.7

1. May 7, 2012
    One of the best PS2 games of all time. Jak 3 conclude's the epic tale of the series with a few twists. I wish they were still making games like this because its one of the most funniest games I've ever played.
  2. Dec 16, 2012
    This might just be nostalgia talking, but the game is an amazing game that is very well done. Of course there's going to be flaws, but it's an example of a proper third person platforming shooter done to a tee. There's even a good storyline to follow, this series will forever be a huge part of the PS2 library and truly shows the prime of Naughty Dog.
  3. Nov 14, 2011
    Naughty Dog have dramatically increased the scale of Jak and Daxter's world with this entry, with the entire wasteland opened up to you, a new city to explore, an engrossing plot leading straight on from Jak II and a horde of new weapons, vehicles and gameplay elements amount to what is the biggest game available on PS2, and as a welcome nod to fans, a slightly altered/scaled down HavenNaughty Dog have dramatically increased the scale of Jak and Daxter's world with this entry, with the entire wasteland opened up to you, a new city to explore, an engrossing plot leading straight on from Jak II and a horde of new weapons, vehicles and gameplay elements amount to what is the biggest game available on PS2, and as a welcome nod to fans, a slightly altered/scaled down Haven City is featured so the environments never become monotonous. The new characters are all loveable and all favourites from Jak II return in all their glory, and through the plot you find out so much more about the past, present and future of the Jak and Daxter universe, some overly powerful new weapons do slightly unbalance gameplay, but only when you're in large-scale battle engagements are the tools necessary or particularly useful, so the negative affect is limited. Hard to recommend over Jak II, but easy as devouring a warm apple pie when compared to just about every other title on the PS2. Overall, a brilliant conclusion to a brilliant trilogy and a must play for anyone with a soul, also Gingers Expand
  4. Jan 9, 2013
    The story in the game, is great as always and it follows well Jak II. Cutscenes are funny and amazingly well made. Gameplay is as good as in Jak II. Now Jak has more guns and they are better. I think, that the game has more platforming sections, and that is only a good thing. Jak 3 is an incredibly great game. Naughty Dog, make Jak and Daxter 4.
  5. Jan 19, 2015
    In my opinion, best of the series. Most memorable music (Josh Mancell and Larry Hopkins know a lot about creative and mindblowing music. Without exaggeration), story and atmosphere. Horewer, gameplay has changed not so much from previous game, but it is likely more a plus than a minus. After all, what needs for sequels - be based on already established standard and make it better. AndIn my opinion, best of the series. Most memorable music (Josh Mancell and Larry Hopkins know a lot about creative and mindblowing music. Without exaggeration), story and atmosphere. Horewer, gameplay has changed not so much from previous game, but it is likely more a plus than a minus. After all, what needs for sequels - be based on already established standard and make it better. And Jak 3, again, in my concept, deal with it is just perfect. Expand
  6. JakeH.
    Nov 10, 2004
    It is awesome. i love this game. I mean the first and second were my favorite games ever .Then JAK 3 came in and now its my favorite. I love the guns the hover cars the hover board i acctually love everything about this game. Im telling you get this game.
  7. LukeA.
    Jul 23, 2005
    This game is the most awesome game ever! It is such a cool game! It has good graphics and great gameplay! I don't know how those can give this game a 50. This is by far the best game I have ever played!
  8. Mr.pokeGuy
    Jan 6, 2006
    Great game stunning graphics. Great story, and sums up the whole trilogy. THe only thing that annoyed me was the part where you had to shoot the gems off of Erol's spider machine..... Awsome but Jak II is very close. Another improvement is the extra gun upgrades i really liked the supernova over the peacemaker.
    Nov 14, 2004
    I don't know what some off these people are smoking giving JAK3 a 60. This game is awesome! There are 12 guns, you can slow down time, drive sand buggys, and tons of other stuff. I LOVE THIS GAME.
  10. HaleyH.
    Jun 15, 2005
    It is great.
  11. MikeW.
    Mar 29, 2008
    Jak 3 is the perfect "platformer" if it can be defined as just a platformer as this game has got everything including the kitchen sink. In Jak 3 you race, shoot and platform your way through around 20 hours of gaming bliss all the while playing some of the best Mini games ever that actually feel like they are part of the game and not just "tacked on time wasters". Jak 3 fixes everything Jak 3 is the perfect "platformer" if it can be defined as just a platformer as this game has got everything including the kitchen sink. In Jak 3 you race, shoot and platform your way through around 20 hours of gaming bliss all the while playing some of the best Mini games ever that actually feel like they are part of the game and not just "tacked on time wasters". Jak 3 fixes everything that was wrong with the overrated Jak 2 and refines the platforming elements that made the original a hit with fans. Highly recommended to any and all gamers. Expand
  12. Apr 6, 2012
    The third installment to the Jak and Daxter series is a very good game. It has platformer and shooter elements like the second game but it also adds a racing element to it. The game is open world and is fun to explore and find all the hidden content in the game. The game some times has very high difficulty spikes and bad check points and isn't as good as the first two games in my opinionThe third installment to the Jak and Daxter series is a very good game. It has platformer and shooter elements like the second game but it also adds a racing element to it. The game is open world and is fun to explore and find all the hidden content in the game. The game some times has very high difficulty spikes and bad check points and isn't as good as the first two games in my opinion but it's still a great game you should get. Expand
  13. Jul 4, 2011
    Simply put, this **** is mad fun. There is something for everyone. It has so many different elements to it and it pulls off all of them spectacularly. The driving sequences are fun, the platforming never gets boring, there are a bunch of cool guns to use, the open world gameplay is similar to grand theft autos, the characters are hilarious, the voice acting is amazing, the graphics are rlySimply put, this **** is mad fun. There is something for everyone. It has so many different elements to it and it pulls off all of them spectacularly. The driving sequences are fun, the platforming never gets boring, there are a bunch of cool guns to use, the open world gameplay is similar to grand theft autos, the characters are hilarious, the voice acting is amazing, the graphics are rly good for an 04 release and the storyline is great. This game is just amazingly fun. Expand
  14. Aug 16, 2011
    this games is the best of the trilogy, the depth of Jak as a character is at peak, and the amount of fun to this game is endless.. if your looking for a fun game to waste hours on this is your game.
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    After Jak II was released, I couldn't help but think, "Is there more? I really hope so!" The more ends up being Jak 3, a satisfying conclusion to a trilogy of great games. The gun mod additions and the new Light Jak powers are a HUGE part of the game, as there now more better ways to kill enemies, and if you have Light Eco, you can easily heal or protect yourself. The Wasteland and SpargusAfter Jak II was released, I couldn't help but think, "Is there more? I really hope so!" The more ends up being Jak 3, a satisfying conclusion to a trilogy of great games. The gun mod additions and the new Light Jak powers are a HUGE part of the game, as there now more better ways to kill enemies, and if you have Light Eco, you can easily heal or protect yourself. The Wasteland and Spargus City have got to be the best environments I've seen in a while. A more run down and ruined version of Haven City makes the game even better. Naughty Dog really knew what they were doing with Jak 3. I think the only complaints I had were the annoying KG deathbots or Metal heads that would just attack you out of nowhere and lower your health easily. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is the essence of my childhood, I must have played it 10 times. Its a little late to be writing a review but I feel that its important to tell people how great this game is! Everything is perfect mystery, sci-fi, comedy, action and of course solid gameplay
  17. Jan 4, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jak 3 is definitely a gamer's game. Although I have not played more than 10 minutes of the supposedly critical Jak II, I still think Jak 3 is a fantastic game. Using what I know from Jaks 1, 3, and X, I know some of the general Ideas from 2, like Krew, Erol, Praxis, etc. I think the animations of were flawless, not perfect, but flawless. The way enemies attacked, they way things disintegrate or explode, the way things took damage, overall animation was flawless. Depending on where you are in the game, I think marauders should come in hordes, NFS Most Wanted: Heat 5 pursuit style. This would bog down the engine, and therefore virtually impossible. It would also be quite infuriating if you wanted to drive around in the Tough Puppy. Even with very little knowledge Jak II, I think Jak 3 still had an interesting and engaging storyline. When Light Eco was introduced, I was right with Jak, I was interested, I was amazed, and I thought of how the Dark Eco filled plotline could take on a whole new direction. I also wanted to brutally murder Veger in the scene where Damas dies. Throughout the game I had the exact same emotions as Jak, and occasionally Daxter. Serious plotline aside, this game has a lot of humor, mainly from Orange Lightning himself. "Ah Samos, still as green as the stuff between my toes". Although all the side missions can get a little dull at times when it takes you 20 tries, the rest of the game as well as the reward is definitely worth it. It just drives me crazy in a good way when you have an orb search in the Wasteland. "I've seen that spot ten thousand times, but where is it?" is what many people think when doing some of them. Overall a fantastic and well earned 10/10. This game is easily one of the top 5 games I have ever played, Ever. Expand
  18. May 22, 2014
    The graphics here are some of the best on the PS2. The characters feel alive thanks to great animation and strong voice acting. The environments are so believable because there is such great attention to detail. We care so much about the protagonists because they are both funny and at times very serious.
  19. Jan 31, 2016
    Easily the best one for me, had the great charm of Jak 1 and all the great aspects of Jak 2 like the vehicles and weapons. The game adds depth with the addition of cars which you can use in the wasteland. Jak 1 was a great platformer with less focus on combat and more on the world. Jak 2 took the great platforming and added gun-play making a much more interesting experience but Jak 3 forEasily the best one for me, had the great charm of Jak 1 and all the great aspects of Jak 2 like the vehicles and weapons. The game adds depth with the addition of cars which you can use in the wasteland. Jak 1 was a great platformer with less focus on combat and more on the world. Jak 2 took the great platforming and added gun-play making a much more interesting experience but Jak 3 for me polished everything and added the charm and world variety which was so prominent in Jak 1. Expand
  20. Feb 20, 2016
    This game was so awesome as a kid and it still is now. You don`t get games like this anymore which is a shame as whenever i play it many memories and nostalgia just roll in. One of my favourite PS2 games of all time.
  21. Mar 5, 2016
    Best 3D action/platformer out there. It has awesome weapons, interesting vehicles, and fun characters. Best game in the Jak series, and arguably the best PS2 game. It has everything.
  22. JasonH.
    Oct 20, 2005
    Jak3 is off the hook i am totally addicted to the game I hope naughty dog continues to make more Jak games.
  23. jimminibillybobIII
    May 1, 2005
    The best freakin game ever!!! p.s. Daxter is sooo sexy!!!! Yum!!!
  24. D.gaston
    Oct 1, 2005
    This game is the best!!!!
  25. JacobP.
    Jul 29, 2005
    Dude it was so narly.
  26. James
    Jun 7, 2005
    Great game, not as good as the best in the series jak II but still amazing. All the way through i couldn't wait to the end and enjoyed (most of) the missions throughout! There are some tedious ones, e.g. pressing x, square, circle and triangle in time but apart from that magic. I'm now going back to play jak II...
  27. Gareth
    Nov 4, 2005
    The second best action/adventure your PS2 grabbin mitts can get their hands on. Second only to MSG3, which, lets face it, there is no shame in at all. Stunning graphics, great game play and a good story far surpass the slightly anoying very end, which is its only let down. Please play to the end however to see some of the most well designed levels for a good long while in video games.
  28. BryanS.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I got this game for Christmas, after I had beaten the two previous Jak and Daxter games. I beat it within a month, because you just keep coming back to play it. personnaly, I think that it could have been harder, but it is still a great game. I give it a 9 out 0f 10.
  29. Jacob
    Feb 1, 2006
    It was a good game, though rather short. And it is a pretty satisfying ending to the trilogy of games, but it also is a letdown that the whole series is over. Other than that, the graphics were great and it's story line was tied together well with the other Jak games.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Nov 17, 2004
    This was a great game and I loved playing it... However, the overall plot wasn't nearly as good as the second started to lead up to. Especially the ending. Naughty Dog built up this energy right before the end, and then they dropped it. I swear, I felt jsut as astonished as Jak looked when it was discovered that the precusors were just a load of frickin rats. It was overall a goodThis was a great game and I loved playing it... However, the overall plot wasn't nearly as good as the second started to lead up to. Especially the ending. Naughty Dog built up this energy right before the end, and then they dropped it. I swear, I felt jsut as astonished as Jak looked when it was discovered that the precusors were just a load of frickin rats. It was overall a good game despite its shortness and anticlimatic ending. Expand
  31. Aug 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. This was the best game I ever played before I Twilight Princess. Definitely the best game in the Jak series( even though I only played the first three). I thought none of the other Jak games could beat Jak 2, but boy was I wrong. One of the highlights was finding out the Precursors were just a bunch of Ottsels! :) Collapse

#10 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#18 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Its identical nature to "Jak 2" may leave a nasty taste in the mouth, especially given that this is the send-off to the comical pair.
  2. Daxter's shtick notwithstanding (he hasn't made me laugh since the middle of last year's adventure) Jak 3 stands tall and proud as a testament of what polished gameplay and cutting-edge graphics can do when the host system's Emotion Engine is maximized.
  3. PSM Magazine
    Despite the sweet new weapon upgrades and other new features, Jak 3 didn't have the same impact on me as "Jak II" because it wasn't as fresh - it feels a little too much like extra "Jak II" chapters. It's still great, don't get me wrong - but maybe not as mind-blowingly fantastic as what came before. [Nov 2004, p.70]