8.9

1. Sep 6, 2011
    "it sucks." who ever wrote that review probably spends hours at a time playing COD. lol obviously he started the game couldn't get past it because he can only play terrible shooters, and sucks at every other game. funny, creative, fun and all around good.
  2. Jul 22, 2013
    The first time I reviewed this I was a bit harsh. An 8 on the beginning game that started one of my favourite video game franchises of all time. Granted the storyline is a bit cliché but everything else about this game is AMAZING. The characters, the missions (while a bit infuriating at times though mostly brilliant), the areas (Precursor Basin anyone? Or Misty Island?), the music, theThe first time I reviewed this I was a bit harsh. An 8 on the beginning game that started one of my favourite video game franchises of all time. Granted the storyline is a bit cliché but everything else about this game is AMAZING. The characters, the missions (while a bit infuriating at times though mostly brilliant), the areas (Precursor Basin anyone? Or Misty Island?), the music, the Zoomer sections, DAXTER!, the insane amount of stuff to collect (I collected every Power Cell, Scout Fly and Precursor Orb. It made me feel good!) and the Eco mechanic. While they absence of no after-game story is a downer, it doesn't need an after-game story (aside from the VERY disappointing secret ending!) While Jak 3 is definitely my favourite of the trilogy, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy just comes in at second! Expand
  3. Apr 29, 2011
    A boastful platformer that gamers of all ages should experience. Pros: Fantastic graphics; excellent control, camera, and audio; visually stellar level design; funny characters. Cons: Too short; repetitive enemies; bad soundtrack; the gameplay rarely varies.
  4. May 22, 2011
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy did what Banjo-Kazooie did on the N64: introduced everyone to whole new world and a grand, whacky adventure. Pros: Beautiful graphics; excellent controls, camera, and sound; fantastic level design; no loading screens; funny characters; generic, but plain old fun 3-D platforming. Cons: Too short, too easy; average soundtrack; you can't play as Daxter.
  5. Apr 20, 2011
    Amazing game. I have a PS3 and this is still my favourite game of all time.
  6. Jun 2, 2011
    This is the best video game ever made. The visuals are stunning, the story is entertaining, the gameplay is excellent, the characters are lovable and funny, the music/soundtrack is beautiful. Everything about this game is perfect. I love this game!!
  7. Apr 6, 2012
    This is one of my favourite platformer games. The game is completely open world with no loading times and has a great story. The difficulty scales up just perfectly, and the bosses are well balanced. Over all it's a unique experience I'd recommend to try out.
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Never will you find a platformer with more charm, intuitive, diverse gameplay, well-constructed story and loveable characters. The world of Jak and Daxter is beautifully and thoughtfully designed, with each area having its own unique charm and flare, collecting all 2000 precursor orbs and all 101 Power Cells will never come close to feeling tiring, and the game never presses you into doingNever will you find a platformer with more charm, intuitive, diverse gameplay, well-constructed story and loveable characters. The world of Jak and Daxter is beautifully and thoughtfully designed, with each area having its own unique charm and flare, collecting all 2000 precursor orbs and all 101 Power Cells will never come close to feeling tiring, and the game never presses you into doing something you don't want to do, or forcing you to continue prematurely, you play at your own pace, Jak and Daxter will accommodate for you, also, this is one of the funniest titles you'll play on PS2, that's guaranteed Expand
  9. Jan 5, 2012
    Naughty dog, at it's best!
  10. Nov 1, 2011
    One of the best games I've ever played. I got the game years ago when it came out, and I've beaten it around ten times now. It truly is one of the best platformers of all time.
  11. Nov 1, 2011
    A well made game to say the least. Fun and I love the miniquest system. Very innovative and original. I applaud Naughty Dog for this game. A fun game to get a series going.
  12. Nov 30, 2011
    I don't understand why people give this game anything under a perfect score. I'm not worshiping the game and not trying to sound like a game developer's pet, but Naughty Dog just knows how to create quality products. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is a mix of fun, adventure, and comic mischief. Although compared to the later titles, this game seems a tad light-hearted and strippedI don't understand why people give this game anything under a perfect score. I'm not worshiping the game and not trying to sound like a game developer's pet, but Naughty Dog just knows how to create quality products. Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is a mix of fun, adventure, and comic mischief. Although compared to the later titles, this game seems a tad light-hearted and stripped down, it is still loads of fun and gets quite difficult to beat especially if you're going for collecting every item. Overall, this is a must buy for lovers of the action platform genre; There is nothing wrong with this game. Expand
  13. Jul 14, 2012
    So many colors! i love how many colors they put in this game, and how beautiful it is watching it turn from day to noon to evening to night, killin' enemies,platforming and collecting stuff. than collect stuff and sell it to get more stuff, killing enemies to unlock stuff that unlocks more stuff to get more stuff. beautiful...just...beautiful.
  14. Mar 12, 2012
    I love the PS2 plat formers and this is one is soaked in charm, a beautiful, slick controls and awesome plat forming. Most of the game revolves around collecting power cells in order to get to the next area so you can return Daxter back to his human form. To get power cells you have to usually do a task to get one there are 101 power cells to collect, the tasks that you need to completeI love the PS2 plat formers and this is one is soaked in charm, a beautiful, slick controls and awesome plat forming. Most of the game revolves around collecting power cells in order to get to the next area so you can return Daxter back to his human form. To get power cells you have to usually do a task to get one there are 101 power cells to collect, the tasks that you need to complete are all extremely fun and varying in game play you'll be driving a speeding hover bike, riding on giant birds, fighting off lurkers and jumping your way across many different landscapes. This game looks beautiful and has aged very well mostly due to it's art style and the many interesting areas with no load screens in between that all have its own distinct fell and atmosphere. This game does have a few minor issues the biggest being the length of the story could finish this game easily in a week and the game's difficulty although it has a very good ramp is still won't be challenging enough for some gamers. Sometimes you might get a little lost in an area and a map would be great for each area, If you have a PS2 this is a must own along with it's squeals. Do not dismiss this as a kids game you will end up having some of your greatest gaming memories with Jak and Daxter. Expand
  15. May 7, 2012
    Back in 2001, this was the best game created and one of the most creative games I've played. It still holds a special place in my heart and its how I got into the Jak and Daxter series. Its also one of my first PS2 games I bought. An amazing game indeed!!
  16. Jul 11, 2012
    This Game, Is a Master Piece...I loved It the ending was good, gameplay was brilliant and the Boss battle was superb! It would be in the top 10 Greatest Games of all time!
  17. Aug 22, 2012
    Best game ever! This is my favorite game!

The art style is amazing! The graphics are insanely detailed. But the character models do seem to be very simple although this could be because the game is so huge. The gameplay has a lot of variety. A good number of moves and power-ups. Plus the game has 0 loading screens, which really impressed me when I was a kid. The music changes
    Best game ever! This is my favorite game!

The art style is amazing!
    The graphics are insanely detailed.

The gameplay has a lot of variety. A good number of moves and power-ups.

The music changes very slightly depending on where you are in the level.

Overall it's a great game!

You can get it for about £2 nowadays. SO BUY IT!
  18. Jan 8, 2013
    Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is one of the best games ever. Gameplay is perfect, the story is great and the ending is a good "cliffhanger" to Jak II: Renegade. Cutscenes are very funny and well detailed. Locations are interesting, variable and music fits nicely to every level. Boss battles are epic, though there are just a few. It is very impressive, that there are no loadingJak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy is one of the best games ever. Gameplay is perfect, the story is great and the ending is a good "cliffhanger" to Jak II: Renegade. Cutscenes are very funny and well detailed. Locations are interesting, variable and music fits nicely to every level. Boss battles are epic, though there are just a few. It is very impressive, that there are no loading screens. Perfect game. Expand
  19. Feb 25, 2013
    My personal favorite of the Jak series to be honest. I loved the route they took with this game and it was a lot of fun to playthrough as a little kid. I still play it every once in a while, it's a lot of fun!
  20. Mar 6, 2013
    This game is amazing, one of the best platformers of all time. The characters are really fun, especially Daxter. The gameplay is great, the story is decent (Daxter gets transformed into a combination of an otter and a weasel and so Jak and Daxter go to find a cure), the environments are really well done and the adventure is probably one the best you'll ever have.
  21. Jun 13, 2013
    This game is personally my favourite game of all time and the rest of the series .It gave a new, fun and great experience. The graphics were amazing for a ps2 game and it is a game that you would play over and over!!!!!
  22. Mar 14, 2014
    Jak and Daxter is the game that do what nintendon't do with The Legend of Zelda. Just incridible, a game made with love and time, and is one of the most innovative of the generation. Congratulations to Sony.
  23. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is absolutely fantastic. My personal favorite platformer ever. If you wish for a great platforming experience, this is your game. I can't explain why I really like this game, its more of a you have to play it in order to understand why its good. Expand
  24. Oct 6, 2014
    How could somebody give this game a negative! This game is packed with amazing aesthetics and wild and vast landscapes. The amount of effort put into this 2001 classic is amazing! Here I am sitting with my PS3 playing all these amazing games with outstanding graphics and I still enjoy challenging myself with this first Jak and Daxter game! If you gave this game a negative go #%&$ yourself!
  25. Jul 14, 2014
    Considering this game was released in 2001, you wouldn't thinnk so playing it. I had a lot of fun with it, and the graphics were great. It deserves its 10/10 rating!
  26. Jul 28, 2014
    This in my opinon is one of the best playstation 2 platformers ever. The games core is that its a colectothon adventure action 3d platfomer much like mario 64 or banjo kazzoie.The open world tropical island still looks gorgous and the best part NO LOADING SCREENS YES YES YES MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME:) If I had a poblem that isn't that big that the story is very simple its just stop the badThis in my opinon is one of the best playstation 2 platformers ever. The games core is that its a colectothon adventure action 3d platfomer much like mario 64 or banjo kazzoie.The open world tropical island still looks gorgous and the best part NO LOADING SCREENS YES YES YES MY GOD THIS IS AWESOME:) If I had a poblem that isn't that big that the story is very simple its just stop the bad guys from taking over the world and the characters mostly daxter can get annoying and the dialog in any of the games to me isn't very funny compered to banjo kazzoie. The gameplay itself is simple but fun you play as jak a silent protagonist who has a ability to use different eco power ups red makes you stronger and better attack power blue makes you faster and yellow allows you to fire progectiles.You also have your spin attack and punch attack and jumping of course.Daxter just sits on your shoulder through the entire adventure just to make comments on the area with his annoying vocie. the main colectabels include preceursor orbs which can be used to get the main object of the game the power cell which makes jak and daxter do the best thing ever whichmakes me smile every time. If you love games like banjo kazzoie or mario 64 and have not played this game. GO GET IT NOW ITS FUN HAS A BUATIFUL WORLD TO EXPLORE AND IT KICKS MAJOR ASS TODAY 10 OUT OF TEN Expand
  27. Sep 19, 2010
    Jak and Daxter: The Percursor Legacy is a good game. First off, the game is lovely to look at and the 3D design of the levels was definitely revolutionary at the time. The game is huge (considering it is an early PlayStation 2 game) with multiple areas to explore. You need to collect a certain amount of Power Cells which can be obtained by doing tasks (like doing jobs for the locals) orJak and Daxter: The Percursor Legacy is a good game. First off, the game is lovely to look at and the 3D design of the levels was definitely revolutionary at the time. The game is huge (considering it is an early PlayStation 2 game) with multiple areas to explore. You need to collect a certain amount of Power Cells which can be obtained by doing tasks (like doing jobs for the locals) or finding them dotted around the area which then can be used to advance to the next area. The 2 main characters, Jak and Daxter are likable although Daxter can get on my nerves sometimes (although his voice actor is awesome) and Jak doesn't talk. This game is a nice, traditional platformer with obstacles like Dark Eco crates, nicely designed enemies and pitfalls. Jak (the main character you play as) has a variety of moves to help him fight like a punch, dive and spin attack (Like Crash Bandicoot, another game made by Naughty Dog) to help him fight his enemies. He also can charge himself with a variety of powers vented from Eco Vents like Red Eco will make Jak stronger, Orange Eco can make him shoot fireballs and Blue Eco can make him operate special platforms. The bosses are simple but cool to fight. You can also ride in a zoomer which serves as some vehicle sections over lava pits which are interesting. The script can also pop out some comedy moments especially from Daxter and the voice acting for each character is spot on. The end boss is also epic. The game does become difficult due to the fact that checkpoints are spaced out and quite rare but Jak and Daxter is an enjoyable game that fans of platformers can't miss! Expand
  28. Oct 7, 2011
    Don't listen to me if I say otherwise, this was my FAVORITE childhood game. Without a freaking doubt, a fantastic platformer, designed for kids as a slapstick comedy, and insanely fun. The story is pretty deep, the characters were good, and the dialog is humorous, if you're below the age of 8. If you've got a kid looking for a first game, this is just the best way to go. Once you finish,Don't listen to me if I say otherwise, this was my FAVORITE childhood game. Without a freaking doubt, a fantastic platformer, designed for kids as a slapstick comedy, and insanely fun. The story is pretty deep, the characters were good, and the dialog is humorous, if you're below the age of 8. If you've got a kid looking for a first game, this is just the best way to go. Once you finish, you'll have to go through again to try and get EVERYTHING in the whole world. It will give you so much fun, even if you don't even play it for long. It's truly a beautiful game. Expand
  29. Nov 22, 2011
    This game is graphically beautiful, and the environments reach perfection. Daxter is a very funny sidekick, and the game gave me some good laughs. Daxter will try to do CPR or something on you when you die, and he yells like you're leaving forever. Jak is interesting, with his athletic techniques. Unfortunately, I couldn't give this game a 10 because it's fairly short and leaves you wanting more.
  30. Feb 21, 2013
    One of my favorite 3D platformers as a kid, and one of my favorite ps2 games, this is a classic platformer you shouldnt miss out on. Great gameplay, funny dialog and jokes, good story, awesome graphics, good music, and an overall experience that keeps you playing start to finish, and keeps you sucked in the whoel time. I really enjoy this game, and i reccommend it to any ps2 owner out there.

1. One of the most thrilling games to hit PS2 since its launch.
  2. From the way the game renders an entire world that you can explore from one end to the next without a single loading screen, to animation that literally trounces anything ever seen in any videogame, to game design that keeps things interesting despite being what some would call “just a fetch quest,” this is a perfect example of the next generation in videogames.
    Simply amazing.