8.1

1. Apr 26, 2015
    Here is simply my list of what I considered good and bad in the game.
    Pros:
    - Very deep move set - Quality soundtrack with interactive elements - No loading screens - Immersive world and story with interesting characters - Challenging - Plenty of optional activities And cons: - Gun play can feel awkward (especially aiming) - Some missions could use more checkpoints - Boss
    Here is simply my list of what I considered good and bad in the game.
    Pros:
    - Very deep move set
    - Quality soundtrack with interactive elements
    - No loading screens
    - Immersive world and story with interesting characters
    - Challenging
    - Plenty of optional activities
    And cons:
    - Gun play can feel awkward (especially aiming)
    - Some missions could use more checkpoints
    - Boss battles are pretty lacking
    - This is a minor one, but navigation in the menu (turning the wheel) feels kind of sluggish
  2. Aug 16, 2014
    This game is one of the hardest but greatest games I ever seen. It has beautiful atmosphere, great variety of enemies and weapons, and great story and characters. However, it has some of the raging missions but it forces you to take your knowledge to outrun challenges. If you hate challenges, you will hate this game. But to me, this game is a 9/10 not perfect because the raging missionsThis game is one of the hardest but greatest games I ever seen. It has beautiful atmosphere, great variety of enemies and weapons, and great story and characters. However, it has some of the raging missions but it forces you to take your knowledge to outrun challenges. If you hate challenges, you will hate this game. But to me, this game is a 9/10 not perfect because the raging missions but it makes the icing of the game. Expand
  3. May 22, 2014
    Jak ll is much different than the last installment. It's darker, more violent, even vulgar and suggestive at times. It's also much more exciting, funny, and features more inventive gameplay.
  4. May 12, 2014
    This otherwise decent game is one of the most frustrating ones I've ever played. And it's all due to its poor design and completely wrong checkpoints placements. I really have no idea what were the creators thinking and how little idea and understanding did they have of games in general. The most important aspect of any game is that a game should be.... wait for it.... fun! Oh wow, howThis otherwise decent game is one of the most frustrating ones I've ever played. And it's all due to its poor design and completely wrong checkpoints placements. I really have no idea what were the creators thinking and how little idea and understanding did they have of games in general. The most important aspect of any game is that a game should be.... wait for it.... fun! Oh wow, how brilliant, I must be a genius! Too bad they didn't think of that - this game punishes you for playing it, it's brutal.

Oh, and one more (but very important) thing. It has one of the most terrible soundtracks I've ever heard, anywhere. Seriously, just listen to it. Calling the guy who made it a "composer" is a joke...
  5. Apr 17, 2014
    This game is absolutely great. The story is bad ass, the characters were memorable, Haven city was fun to explore and the gameplay was, overall, solid. Some complain that they hated racing in the class races but I had fun whilst playing them. People also say that the game is too hard and I think that the game is, mostly, a moderately challenging game (though some of the later missions canThis game is absolutely great. The story is bad ass, the characters were memorable, Haven city was fun to explore and the gameplay was, overall, solid. Some complain that they hated racing in the class races but I had fun whilst playing them. People also say that the game is too hard and I think that the game is, mostly, a moderately challenging game (though some of the later missions can be frustrating at times). I also loved getting missions from Torn and using weapons to kill metal heads. Some things that I did not enjoy about the game were: that the weapons were quite bland when compared to games like Ratchet and Clank, and there is no strafing in this game nor is there a legitimate aiming system which makes some gun fights drag on longer than they need to. Overall, Jak 2 is an excellent game. Expand
  6. Jan 26, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I tried to like this game, as much as I could. It got to the point where I couldn't continue to force myself to play this game. This game is almost like a GTA knock off and I absolutely hate it. Many would disagree with me, but hear me out.

The first game was a Action-Adventure Platformer where you seek for powercells and acquire them through various trades and challenges. The objective was liner and straight forward, go north in search of Gaul (However his name is spelt) and attempt to change Daxter back. The ending of the first game lead to a door that led to a cliffhanger for the next squeal. The game was absolutely beautiful and loved every minute of it.

At the beginning of Jak II, you are given the opening cut scene of what is a giant ring with no explanation of it. Jak presses a button and is mysteriously attacked by a 3-eyed rhino of a monster which then leads to Jak, Daxter, the Green Sage, and Kaira (Again, not entirely sure of the spelling) off into what is a rift gate and are separated. Jak and Daxter are transported to a city which Jak gets captured and is submitted to Dark Eco injections for the next 2 years. Daxter breaks Jak out, and you are sent into the city of Haven.

The first thing I noticed during the tutorial was that the sound effects of Jaks jumps weren't of him from the first game. Next, Jak can transformed into some sort of super being of dark eco and is sent upon the city. After, you are greeted by some prick who never tells you his name and is sent mission after mission to some place without any story progress; at least I felt like there was none.

A broken game feature was the checkpoint system; yes, its Effing broken. You could be more than 75% done with the mission, but if you die sorry. Go back to square one with the same amount of ammo that you had from where you died. Oh yeah, you're given an Effing gun.

Instead of being an Action-Adventure, Naughty Dog decided to say "Hey! Lets switch genres and turn it into a shooter! All the kids love shooters!" Yeah, not the kids who played the first game. This game turned into a shooter with very little platforming. And for the very little platforming you can do, they also decided to say "screw barriers and invisible walls! If you fall out of the map! Tough luck! Back to square one!"

Hover cars are another broken feature in this game due to how weak like paper mache they are. 3 hits into some object and bye bye car; it doesn't make it easy if theres another hover car 2 feet away from you and everywhere. For the racing mission in 3 minutes, freaking impossible! I kept my car running and I still couldn't make it no matter how many different routes I took.

These are my problems with Jak II. The game is utterly horrible. If you've played the first game, stick to the first game please. You're not missing much. If you really want to know the story, go look up on youtube or where ever if you want to know that bad. But it's seriously not worth your money.
  7. Dec 8, 2013
    This game is more boring, more frustrating and larger than the first game, and the little more interesting story cannot overcome the shame this game is in comparison with the first Jak.

Shame on you, naughty dog
  8. Oct 9, 2013
    What went wrong? Jak II is more of a third person shooter crossed with GTA type game, rather than the fantastic platformer the first game was, and while neither of these things are bad, Jak II simply doesn't do either of these things well enough. The level design is tedious, the combat is clunky, checkpoints are infrequent and the difficulty is poorly tuned. Jak is now an angsty longWhat went wrong? Jak II is more of a third person shooter crossed with GTA type game, rather than the fantastic platformer the first game was, and while neither of these things are bad, Jak II simply doesn't do either of these things well enough. The level design is tedious, the combat is clunky, checkpoints are infrequent and the difficulty is poorly tuned. Jak is now an angsty long haired teen with anger issues, almost completely unlikable as a character redeemed only by the Ottsel on his shoulder (who, thankfully, hasn't changed one iota). Jak II should have been better, but it's just too agonizing to struggle though, and marks a terrible change of direction for the franchise. Final Score: 5.4/10 Expand
  9. Oct 5, 2013
    The story takes place right at the end of the first game, Jak, Daxter, Kierra and Samos go through a rift, into "haven city," ruled by dictator Baron Praxis. Jak is taken away and tortured for 2 years, then Daxter finds him. Not only has Jaks personality changed but due to long term dark eco torture, he can transform into a dark monster which you will have to fill up your dark eco meter toThe story takes place right at the end of the first game, Jak, Daxter, Kierra and Samos go through a rift, into "haven city," ruled by dictator Baron Praxis. Jak is taken away and tortured for 2 years, then Daxter finds him. Not only has Jaks personality changed but due to long term dark eco torture, he can transform into a dark monster which you will have to fill up your dark eco meter to use. When you escape, you will be exploring the city, with tasks, missions and new and impressive characters to meet. There are precursor orbs to find and if you complete challenges, you will earn them. The places and environments are amazing and throughout the game you will learn fascinating facts about the city and its origins. With the gameplay, you get guns and it is fun to start a firefight in he streets with the Krimzon Guard police force and play your on survival game, and Jak II will get frustratingly at times. Missions are fantastic. There are also loads of mini games to play. The graphics are great, the story and its characters are amazing, a fantastic atmosphere, the music is perfect and the locations are spot on, such as the dirty sewers, the beautiful mountains which you would want to get a view of the city from, the dead town and loads more. Jak 2 is simply the best game I have ever played. Expand
  10. Mar 13, 2013
    this game was funny, thrilling, and somewhat romantic. This is probably the best jak game in the series and it's a must buy for anyone who likes platformers.
  11. Feb 25, 2013
    Not as good as the first in my opinion. But this is easily one of the best games the Playstation 2 has to offer. If you missed out on this precious gem I recommend you buy it!
  12. Jan 8, 2013
    Naughty Dog changed Jak and Daxter from beautiful and calm to dark and gun weighted game. They succeeded. It is still incredible game. Many says that Jak II is a very hard game, but when you play it second time, it isn't. Gameplay is quiet different from the predecessor, because now guns are the main thing. It is distressing, that platforming suffers. The story, however is very, very good.Naughty Dog changed Jak and Daxter from beautiful and calm to dark and gun weighted game. They succeeded. It is still incredible game. Many says that Jak II is a very hard game, but when you play it second time, it isn't. Gameplay is quiet different from the predecessor, because now guns are the main thing. It is distressing, that platforming suffers. The story, however is very, very good. It has funny moments, twists and sinister feeling. Cutscenes are superb. It's almost like different franchise, but still 10 out of 10 easily. Expand
  13. Sep 25, 2012
    Heres the problem with jak 2. they changed too much it feels like grand theft auto. but a very horrible version of grand theft auto. the game feels more like a chore to play, and its really difficult and frustrating at some points(The part at the docks where you have to fight a buttload of krimson guards, which was a real pain in my a$$). there was also no proper way to use your weaponsHeres the problem with jak 2. they changed too much it feels like grand theft auto. but a very horrible version of grand theft auto. the game feels more like a chore to play, and its really difficult and frustrating at some points(The part at the docks where you have to fight a buttload of krimson guards, which was a real pain in my a$$). there was also no proper way to use your weapons which added to the frustration. In Ratchet and Clank going commando (a perfect game) you do not experience any of these problems. The original Jak and daxter is a great game. get that and not this mess. Expand
  14. Aug 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game was a real disappointment.

I was hoping for another beautiful platformer like the last Jak game. But instead I got a poor GTA clone with no art style.

The checkpoints were stupidly placed (Which made the game frustratingly hard!!)

There are some badly made escort/race missions THAT SUCK!!

And remember how The Precursor Legacy had no loading screens?
    Well say goodbye to that!
    Every time you want to exit the city you have to wait for a slow door to open.
    (It's a kinda cleverly disguised loading screen.)

The only good thing I have to say about this game is that the story is kick-ass and deep and also the music is still pretty good.

Oh and all the boss fights are boring and repetitive (The Krew boss fight for example).

Although the last boss fight was pretty good.
  15. Jul 23, 2012
    In the top 5 best games I ever played. Great story, amazing characters, awesome gameplay, perfect difficulty, not too short, not too long, lots of stuff to collect if you like to go for 100% playthroughs. Loved every moment with this masterpiece.
  16. May 28, 2012
    Good game but hard as hell.
  17. Apr 6, 2012
    The sequel to the first Jak and Daxter game is a great game with more content and game play added. The game has platformer elements like the first game but it's also gotten a shooter element to it. The game again is completely open world and is fun to explore. Some of the levels have pretty bad check points and over all the game isn't as good as the first game in my opinion but it still isThe sequel to the first Jak and Daxter game is a great game with more content and game play added. The game has platformer elements like the first game but it's also gotten a shooter element to it. The game again is completely open world and is fun to explore. Some of the levels have pretty bad check points and over all the game isn't as good as the first game in my opinion but it still is a very good game I'd recommend for everyone. Expand
  18. Mar 11, 2012
    This game should be shortlisted for worst sequel of all time. The first Jak & Daxter game is a masterpiece, and to follow it up with this crap is offensive. In the first game, our protagonist Jak is silent throughout the entire game, and this worked really well when coupled with his hyper active partner, Daxter. However, in this game, they gave him a voice. And now he feels like aThis game should be shortlisted for worst sequel of all time. The first Jak & Daxter game is a masterpiece, and to follow it up with this crap is offensive. In the first game, our protagonist Jak is silent throughout the entire game, and this worked really well when coupled with his hyper active partner, Daxter. However, in this game, they gave him a voice. And now he feels like a completely different character. I understand why he has had a complete overhaul, but the reason why he has had a complete overhaul shouldn't even be a part of the game. This is nothing like the first one. This is like a heavily watered down Grand Theft Auto. Naughty Dog made vehicles a huge part of this game. It's a shame they clearly don't know how vehicles should work in video games. They're a complete nightmare to control, and what makes it worse is that you need to master the terrible vehicles in order to progress in the story!

The only positives I can take from this game is that the introduction of guns made it more fun (more Ratchet & Clank-esque) and that while the story ruined what was a perfectly good mascot for the PS2 era, it was still entertaining and unpredictable. I love Naughty Dog. Hopefully they never screw up another series as badly as they did the Jak & Daxter one.
  19. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is the essence of my childhood, I must have played it 10 times. Its a little late to be writing a review but I feel that its important to tell people how great this game is! Everything is perfect mystery, sci-fi, comedy, action and of course solid gameplay
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    "Jak II" is easily the best game in the Jak and Daxter series. The graphics are still good even to this day, there's a lot of replay value (I'm currently beating the game for the 9th time and I'm not even close to getting sick of it), and Jak is just BAMF to play as. Jak's "Dark Jak" powers make the game even more fun. There are a lot of challenging missions, but that does not detract from"Jak II" is easily the best game in the Jak and Daxter series. The graphics are still good even to this day, there's a lot of replay value (I'm currently beating the game for the 9th time and I'm not even close to getting sick of it), and Jak is just BAMF to play as. Jak's "Dark Jak" powers make the game even more fun. There are a lot of challenging missions, but that does not detract from the fun of the game. The Precursor Legacy was good, but Jak II is 10 times better in every way. Expand
  21. Nov 6, 2011
    Jak 2 show how a sequel should be made it took every thing from the first one and made the game better intelligent Ai, bigger worlds, more characters jak 2 is a beautiful
  22. Nov 2, 2011
    Quite honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life, the gameplay is perfectly balanced and endlessly fun, the story is right up there with titles like Halo and Assassin's Creed, the graphics are among the best on PS2 and Haven City is intricately and beautifully designed, even from a modern day perspective (2nd November, 2011) this is among the best games of all time (IQuite honestly the best game I have ever played in my entire life, the gameplay is perfectly balanced and endlessly fun, the story is right up there with titles like Halo and Assassin's Creed, the graphics are among the best on PS2 and Haven City is intricately and beautifully designed, even from a modern day perspective (2nd November, 2011) this is among the best games of all time (I willingly compare it to the likes of "Ocarina of Time", "Super Mario Galaxy" "Metroid Prime", couple all the above praise with a unique charm and unbeatable humour and you have a classic you'll treasure for all time.
    One flaw, the 200 collectible precursor orbs are almost impossible to gather, given that they appear in some places that you never get a chance to revisit (like the metalhead nest), but the collectibles make up about 0.1% of Jak II, so don't stress your **** about it, it detracts very little to the ultimate perfection that is Jak II
  23. Aug 8, 2011
    What a great game! Hoverboarding is so much fun and Dark Jak is unbelievable. Jak 3 betters it though! The final boss can be infuriating but is very fun! Much better than TPL an dnever gets old!
  24. May 22, 2011
    Naughty Dog's sequel to the stunning Jak and Daxter lacks the charm of the first game, partly because of its slightly imbalanced transfer to the "Teen" rating. However, Jak II still offers some solid platforming and action-adventure elements. Pros: Excellent graphics, control, camera, and sound; no loading screens; variety of weapons to play with and missions to conquer. Cons: Unoriginal;Naughty Dog's sequel to the stunning Jak and Daxter lacks the charm of the first game, partly because of its slightly imbalanced transfer to the "Teen" rating. However, Jak II still offers some solid platforming and action-adventure elements. Pros: Excellent graphics, control, camera, and sound; no loading screens; variety of weapons to play with and missions to conquer. Cons: Unoriginal; generally ugly characters and level design; a bit of a lousy attempt at transferring the series to a mature setting; sappy dialogue. Expand
  25. Apr 29, 2011
    Fortunately, the maturity of Jak II does include some fun. Pros: Fantastic graphics; variety of gameplay and weapons; fair voice acting and character designs; lengthier than the first game. Cons: A somewhat dull storyline set in a somewhat dull world; cheesy dialog; hideous soundtrack.
  26. Apr 20, 2011
    This game is amazing. Different from the first game but just as good. It should have got a 100.
  27. Mar 24, 2011
    I would actually rate this game a 9.5/10. Let's get this straight, if you enjoyed playing Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, then you might enjoy this one, unless you want to keep it simple without having any guns then your probably not going to like this one. They have lots of different types of guns that can be used in different situations. The new Dark Jak powers are one of my favoriteI would actually rate this game a 9.5/10. Let's get this straight, if you enjoyed playing Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy, then you might enjoy this one, unless you want to keep it simple without having any guns then your probably not going to like this one. They have lots of different types of guns that can be used in different situations. The new Dark Jak powers are one of my favorite additions to the Jak series, and being able to upgrade your powers is awesome. The vehicles in this game are great too. It's not like the first one where the vehicles we're scarce but now you see them all over Haven City. Oh yes, Haven City. Yup, now we're in a city that's more unique than The Old World. This game is hard. It gets pretty hard from the middle to the end. Overall this game is great and I mean GREAT. The only reason that I would rate it a 9.5 is because I kind of wanted Haven City to be a little more imersive if you know what I mean. If you have a PS2 or a PS3, buying this game would be a huge favor for yourself. Expand
  28. Jan 25, 2011
    This game is so different from the first. it is darker and more intense. the first thing that happens in it you get sent to a prison and escape. i love it. the weapons are nice. the graphics are great. i love the soundtrack yet i cant give it a ten ( i would ) but, it is too hard i beat it but i had trouble. if you like a challenging 3rd person shooter you must get.
  29. Sep 25, 2010
    Jak II: Renegade is a fine sequel to Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. This game is darker and more action packed than it's predecessor and packs a few swear words into the dialog as well. The game starts off with Jak, Daxter, Kiera and Samos going through the Precursor rift gate and then being scattered across Haven City which serves as the main Hub for the game. Jak is then capturedJak II: Renegade is a fine sequel to Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy. This game is darker and more action packed than it's predecessor and packs a few swear words into the dialog as well. The game starts off with Jak, Daxter, Kiera and Samos going through the Precursor rift gate and then being scattered across Haven City which serves as the main Hub for the game. Jak is then captured by guards who are known as Krimson Guards and imprisoned for 2 years during which that time, the guards leader, Baron Praxis has exposed Jak to dark eco. Instead of finding power cells to progress through the game, you complete a variety of tasks for contacts. The city is huge and the story campaign is meaty too; It took me about 15 hours to complete this game. The game play is significantly different compared with the last game: Jak still has his attacks from the first game but now along the way, he is rewarded with 4 weapons like the Scattergun and the Blaster to help him fight the Metal Heads which along with the Krimson Guards, serve as the main enemies of the game. Jak and Daxter tranverse through a sandbox environment (similar to the Grand Theft Auto Series) and find contacts to help them seek revenge on Baron Praxis. Jak can also hijack civilian vehicles and help him explore the environment. Because Jak has now been exposed to dark eco, Jak can now turn into dark Jak and preform some new attacks like the Dark bomb attack and being invincible to enemy attacks. The game play bears a slight resemblance to the 2002 game Ratchet and Clank but there are plenty of things that distinguishes this game apart from Ratchet and Clank; you shoot your way through levels. You can participate in races, use Metal head gems (which are given to you when you defeat Metal heads) and trade them for other dark power abilities who the Oracle gives them to you, some quick time event games like the Whack-a-Metal head game (which can be frustrating) and shooting galleries to test your weapon skills on. Jak now talks and has a more mature appearance in this game compared to the last game and the plot of this game throws a couple of twists towards the end. The cutscenes are beautifully animated and the game play is smooth. This game is definitely harder than the first one and it can become annoying towards the end of the game but thats pretty much my only gripe with the game. The boss battle are better than the first one and some of the level designs are nice. Jak II: Renegade is a worthy successor to an already great game. Expand
  30. Sep 22, 2010
    If you thought Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was a great game wait till you get a taste Jak 2. Jak and Daxter are back in their brand new adventure and this time its bigger and better than ever. The story picks off right after you completed the first game where, Jak and his friends, Kiera and Samos are testing out the Rift Rider and Precurspr Rift gate that you opened afterIf you thought Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was a great game wait till you get a taste Jak 2. Jak and Daxter are back in their brand new adventure and this time its bigger and better than ever. The story picks off right after you completed the first game where, Jak and his friends, Kiera and Samos are testing out the Rift Rider and Precurspr Rift gate that you opened after collecting all of the Precursor Orbs in the last game. As you go through you get transported to a place called Haven City which is under command by Baron Praxis. Jak his captured and 2 years have passed since. Daxter manages to find Jak and help him escape, only to find out that Jak had gone through experiments by Dark Eco which can make him transform into a dark beast. Not only that but his personality has changed him into a teenage Jak. The gameplay is a lot different than the first game. You start off in the city and are given tasks to do by people. Once you've completed the first task, you move onto the next one and the next one, so it is like a step up ladder really. There are some challenges too which earn you Precursor Orbs if you pass them. You can ride new vehicles which you can steal from others, some are faster than others so you can get to places quicker because there is a lot of going back and forth in this game. Don't steal any of the krimzon guards vehicles or run into them otherwise the city will go on alert and they will start chasing after you and try and shoot you, try to outrun them if you can but its a real pain and wastes time. In fact its a sort of a GTA spin off this game. There are more tasks to accomplish and tougher ones too. You have new moves as well, spinning and punching is still there but this time you can carry a Rifle. The Rifle has 4 different types of shots and you have to collect these as you progress. And if that wasn't enough, when collect a number of Dark Eco you can transform into a dark beast which makes you unvulnerable for a short period of time and you can go through and smash your way through hundreds of enemies to make your job a much easier. If you collect metal heads you can trade them in to the oracle and he will give you new abilities for your beast form. You can ride on a hoverboard which can float on water and there is a skate arena where you can pull of a few tricks (a bit like playing those Tony Hawk, SSX and Matt Hoffman games). There are hover races too which are loads of fun, there are more bosses this time and for the first time Daxter is a playable character too. This game has virtually everything to make this game stand out and I loved absolutely every bit of it. Bigger gameplay, more challenges and better moves. The graphics are done beautifully and some of the level designs (one of my faviroutes is the one where your inside a temple) are very impressive. The music is perfect and the voice acting is great, especially Daxter's who is as funny as ever. There aren't many sequels out there that are as good as the first but this one is way more superior to the first, so if you thought Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy was a great game wait till you get a taste of Jak 2 Expand
  31. FrodoB.
    Jan 19, 2008
    Now, let's start with, "Why i didn't give this game 10". Well, it's because of the hugely annoying missions where you repeatedly start again due to minor mistakes. The rest blew me away. Wonderful humor like, "Remind me not to piss you off!" by Daxter. Graphics are nothing special, gameplay wonderful, music and sounds take a new level from the prequal. The story starts from Now, let's start with, "Why i didn't give this game 10". Well, it's because of the hugely annoying missions where you repeatedly start again due to minor mistakes. The rest blew me away. Wonderful humor like, "Remind me not to piss you off!" by Daxter. Graphics are nothing special, gameplay wonderful, music and sounds take a new level from the prequal. The story starts from where the prequal left off.Jak still won't talk, but when you get to the (spoilers) part where jak's tortured with dark echo, he finally says his first words, "I'm going to kill Praxis!" referring to the torturer, the lord of Haven city, in the future. Get ready for some solid gameplay. Expand
  32. Carlos
    Nov 27, 2007
    Jak 2 for the PS2 is a fantastic game. It borrows from some of the best games out there and sometimes does it better than them. An example is the shooting mechanics that the game uses are better than Ratchet And Clank I think by the way that blaster(like a rifle ) shoots nicely and always hitting the guy you want. The graphics complement the game in every way with great colors that bloom Jak 2 for the PS2 is a fantastic game. It borrows from some of the best games out there and sometimes does it better than them. An example is the shooting mechanics that the game uses are better than Ratchet And Clank I think by the way that blaster(like a rifle ) shoots nicely and always hitting the guy you want. The graphics complement the game in every way with great colors that bloom in front of your eye showing its not how much power the system has its how you use it. The story is great twisting and turning until you really can not see the line between good and evil. Jak's character is better than the first game by being dark and cool and showing its not trying to be cool. Daxter's character is still funny and grew up in this game. The game is great and you should buy it now. Expand
  33. LiamD.
    Oct 23, 2007
    I personally think that this is the worst game of the three. This game in particular focuses way too much around missions. It's the intent of the game, as I have noticed, but sometimes it's just too much to do mission after mission after mission in the same grungy, dark, ugly city for 6 hours, only to be given more. Doesn't live up to the high standards that the Precursor I personally think that this is the worst game of the three. This game in particular focuses way too much around missions. It's the intent of the game, as I have noticed, but sometimes it's just too much to do mission after mission after mission in the same grungy, dark, ugly city for 6 hours, only to be given more. Doesn't live up to the high standards that the Precursor Legacy set it up for. Expand
  34. NickT.
    Oct 14, 2007
    Great game! the graphics are completely smooth as is the gameplay! this game has pretty much everything to want in a game. it's more exciting than jak and daxter and is more difficult than jak 3. the wide cast of characters and the great voiceovers (jak finally talks and dax is hilarious) make this game's great storyline come to life. never bored for a minute. bottom line. amazing game.
  35. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    it's cool, it's more of a dark story and this mo-fo finally talks! game play is cool and story is even better. as well as daxters funny little jokes and almost every cutsecnes.
  36. DavisS.
    Apr 4, 2006
    The Jak trilogy is my favorite series of games ever, and JakII is the best one. If you don't already have it then i question your common sense!
  37. MateusC.
    Feb 3, 2006
    Very different from the first game and sometimes very repetitive.. but is a good platformer.
  38. carlosdelvillar
    Nov 4, 2005
    I THING THAT THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN THE LEGEND OF ZELDA .THEY ARE THE SAME TIPE OF GAME BUT ZELDA IS FROM THE PAST AND JAK FROM THE FUTURE ZELDA HAS ACCESESORIES LIKE AN SWORD BOMBS AND OLD THINGS LIKE FROM THE 1300'S AND JAK AND DAXTER ARE MORE COOL AND FUNNY BUT JAK HAS BETTER EQUIPAMENT ARMS FROM POWERFUL POTENCE AND LONG DISTANCE TURVOTABLE,MANY CARS AND YOU CAN HIT TO THEI THING THAT THIS GAME IS BETTER THAN THE LEGEND OF ZELDA .THEY ARE THE SAME TIPE OF GAME BUT ZELDA IS FROM THE PAST AND JAK FROM THE FUTURE ZELDA HAS ACCESESORIES LIKE AN SWORD BOMBS AND OLD THINGS LIKE FROM THE 1300'S AND JAK AND DAXTER ARE MORE COOL AND FUNNY BUT JAK HAS BETTER EQUIPAMENT ARMS FROM POWERFUL POTENCE AND LONG DISTANCE TURVOTABLE,MANY CARS AND YOU CAN HIT TO THE CITYCENT'S BUT DAXTER MAKE BIG DESASTERS BUT IT IS FUNNY. BUT IT IS THE SECRET TO MAKE MORE HART Expand
  39. Daniel
    Mar 22, 2005
    This game is the best ever!!!!!!
  40. G.adams
    Nov 5, 2004
    Some may call it a GTA rip off, so would i. Its odd that your stealing cars (that are as fun as driving mrs daisy) and you have to do GTA type missions, that involve driving these real WACK cars with terrible controle. graphics are good. cut scenes are done well. But i felt the game got really repetitive. go but "GTA:vice city" or "ratchet and clank" instead.
  41. JustaFan
    May 9, 2004
    This is my favorite game ever! I just can't wait for jak III in october 2004.
  42. MattG.
    Apr 8, 2004
    This game rocked.
  43. BrittanyH.
    Mar 14, 2004
    This game is like, sooooo awesome!! :D
    Jan 4, 2004
    It was a great game at first but my file got erased really easily. ERR!!!!!!!!
  45. BonehoC.
    Jan 1, 2004
    This is one of my favorite games. The gameplay is extremely addicting and it's almost impossible to resist. The controls are perfect executed. The graphics are to it's full potential. The sound fits perfectly to the atmosphere of the game. The level design is without a doubt some of the best I've ever seen in a game. The level designers took each level to their advantage. This is one of my favorite games. The gameplay is extremely addicting and it's almost impossible to resist. The controls are perfect executed. The graphics are to it's full potential. The sound fits perfectly to the atmosphere of the game. The level design is without a doubt some of the best I've ever seen in a game. The level designers took each level to their advantage. The story and the characters make the game very deep and interesting. The voice acting is very professional and fits each character. The humor of the game at times had me laughing out loud, thanks to Daxter. Thankfully this game long. Almost half of the games on the market right can be beaten in an insanely short rate. That was one of the worst things about the original game. Sure the difficulty can be challenging, but most of the time I find it rather easy. Well, unlike many of the games I own, almost all of the challenges in this game takes more than 5 tries and plently of patience. With the addition of Dark Jak, hovercrafts, guns, and attitude, Jak II really beats it's original by far. The replay value is also a very long and fun. With so many extras its fun to come back for more. Collapse
  46. JakC.
    Dec 26, 2003
    If you are a a gta freak. You will think this game rulesbreak cars killing police stealing hovers and blastin with guns.This game makes all my other game look bad everyone accept final fantasy x and i dont know about eye toy.
  47. JamalC.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Dis game wuz hecka sick . GTA type a game cept it was t. i liked da car jackin . dis a 1 sick game. holla at ya boy twice oo.
  48. RonH.
    Dec 17, 2003
    This is possibly the best game I have ever played. The sheer number of levels are staggering. The difficulty is at times easy and other times completely frustrating, but you can't put it down. I see NO comparison to Grand Theft Auto and am confused with the two games being spoken of in the same sentence. The graphics are amazing. The scenery changes fom day to night with sunrises, This is possibly the best game I have ever played. The sheer number of levels are staggering. The difficulty is at times easy and other times completely frustrating, but you can't put it down. I see NO comparison to Grand Theft Auto and am confused with the two games being spoken of in the same sentence. The graphics are amazing. The scenery changes fom day to night with sunrises, sunsets and everything in between. The best $50 you could spend. It is a bit too much for young kids with the language, and the language really isn't necessary. It's replay value is not very good, but I'll be first in line for the next installment of this series! Expand
  49. Jayrod
    Dec 14, 2003
    This is an okay game, i wouldnt be too dissapointeed if i would've bought this game instead of rented. It gets old after a while though. The most annoying thing about it is it is another immitation, a really bad immitation, of GTA. >:(
  50. AndreaS.
    Dec 5, 2003
    This is a great game. However, I regret that the story line is much more linear than the original Jak and Daxter. On the other hand, it's still a fast-paced fun game that both my 8-year-old and I can play together.
  51. ToddW.
    Dec 2, 2003
    Not as good as the first, going through the city is tiresome and it is a very dark game as opposed to the very scenic first title. Feels like another GTA rip off.
  52. FrankH.
    Nov 22, 2003
    This game is the best game ever! It has all the great stuff that you would like in an action/ adventure game.
  53. CandiceA.
    Nov 17, 2003
    Really cool! Dark Jak kicks butt! Daxter keeps you laughing the whole time.
  54. MoonyVengence
    Nov 14, 2003
    Really awesome fun game. Only downside is that younger kids will want to play the sequel which isn't exactly appropriate for all age levels.
  55. MacH.
    Nov 6, 2003
    Best game ever!!
  56. Guru3D
    Oct 28, 2003
    Good graphic but still lacks in the user interface control......sometimes low frametes during facing with huge soldier... STILL needs a lot of improvement.... if compare to MAXIMO...the game are not selectable choice to buy.
  57. SteveJ.
    Oct 24, 2003
    If I could rate this game higher than a 10 I would. This is quite possibly the most addictive game I've ever played. If you take the mindless, over-the-top violence out of Grand Theft Auto and mix what's left with Jak and Daxter, you'll have a pretty good idea of what Jak II is like. Though I'm only a short way into it so far, I feel comfortable saying that this game If I could rate this game higher than a 10 I would. This is quite possibly the most addictive game I've ever played. If you take the mindless, over-the-top violence out of Grand Theft Auto and mix what's left with Jak and Daxter, you'll have a pretty good idea of what Jak II is like. Though I'm only a short way into it so far, I feel comfortable saying that this game will very likely end up in my personal top ten games of all time list. Expand
  58. MattK.
    Oct 18, 2003
    I unsubscribed from GameSpy just because of what a low score that loser from that site gave this game. I simply cannot understand the motivation behind his incredibly negative review. My only guess is that he is one of those die-hard NintendoBoys or a Bandwagon X-Boxer, and ANYTHING on the PS2 is simply not up to his standards. Whatever. In my opinion, this game is simply one of the most I unsubscribed from GameSpy just because of what a low score that loser from that site gave this game. I simply cannot understand the motivation behind his incredibly negative review. My only guess is that he is one of those die-hard NintendoBoys or a Bandwagon X-Boxer, and ANYTHING on the PS2 is simply not up to his standards. Whatever. In my opinion, this game is simply one of the most original, beautiful, replayable platformers EVER!! Do yourself a favor and pick this game up IMMEDIATELY. You will NOT be disappointed. Expand
  59. MichaelT.
    Oct 15, 2003
    Jaks back and this time it's personal. Jak II is a great game with some really amazing graphics but not without it's small graphical quips. This game is all about polish and it shows, Naughty Dog set out to one up it's last effort with this game and in most areas did extremely well but getting used to the GTA influened city controls did take some getting used to. At times Jaks back and this time it's personal. Jak II is a great game with some really amazing graphics but not without it's small graphical quips. This game is all about polish and it shows, Naughty Dog set out to one up it's last effort with this game and in most areas did extremely well but getting used to the GTA influened city controls did take some getting used to. At times it feels forced but a few hours into the game and it's all good. Jak II is a great game for fans of platformers and adventure games. Expand
  60. Stephen
    Oct 14, 2003
    I'm only through the first through levels now, but I find this game superior to the first in every way. Brilliant graphics, great storyline, unrivaled gameplay - this baby's got it all.
  61. GregS.
    Oct 5, 2003
    An Absolutely stunning game that isn't content to simply improve upon the original. It reinvents intself in every way possible, combining numerous genres and gameplay mechanics into a seamless blend of gameplay nirvana, stunning visuals and an engrossing plot that never quits. Huge replay value, definitely worth your money as it's one of the best Platformers ever made...

1. It’s undoubtedly a bold (if not brazen) attempt to entertain, and while Gamestyle found itself striving to collect every last item from the first title, it is hard to see the same happening with this one. Which leaves its technical achievements looking rather muted.
  2. I was hooked on the gameplay and the story of Jak II almost immediately and my addiction and love of the game hasn’t subsided weeks later. Jak II is, without question, one of the finest gaming experiences I’ve ever had.
  3. Naughty Dog's expansion of Jak and Daxter's world to include different forms of gameplay has been seamless, and should open up their adventures to those who find the very concept of platform games anathema.