• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 18, 2005
8.2

1. Dec 3, 2011
    I have always told myself that no game deserves a 0. But this game....this game deserves a 0. How can you get to the good aspects of a game when it constantly freezes and corrupts your saved data? Thus causing you to lose everything you have done in it and start anew. Sure the game may be worth a 6 or 7 if this bug never occurred but how can you get to that gameplay if you can't even load a **** race? You can't. And this game deserves to be down there with Duke Nukem Forever and the other pieces of trash developers have pushed out to us. Expand

1. It's been too long since we had a great vehicular combat game, and Jak X delivers some rollicking good multiplayer fun. It just lacks the flair needed to make it a must-buy. [Dec 2005, p.101]
  2. The gameplay variety wasn't always necessary but is a welcome change for the genre – a few more changes with the inevitable Jak X sequel and they could form a new sub-genre.
    A healthy collection of on and offline modes and a very satisfying story build real value for the title, but the actual play can sometimes feel a bit lifeless and often suffers from spontaneous swings.