Jak X: Combat Racing PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Oct 18, 2005
7.7

1. DerekH.
    Dec 4, 2005
    I don't know why Naughty Dog has not learned from there other bogus cart racing game, but they released this "game", another embarrassment, i just hope that Jak doesn't fall the way of Crash.
  2. SlyEnemy
    Aug 20, 2008
    This is the most frustrating game I've ever played in my life. It's not that it's an entirely bad game, I can see where the fun is, it's just smothered with idiotic design flaws, cheating AI and infuriatingly long tracks/elastic band racing/finish-line wipe-outs. It boils my blood! Thank God GamesTM actually saw through it.
  3. J.H.
    Oct 29, 2005
    Not very good for a naughty dog cart game pick up crash tag team racing instead.
  4. Dec 3, 2011
    I have always told myself that no game deserves a 0. But this game....this game deserves a 0. How can you get to the good aspects of a game when it constantly freezes and corrupts your saved data? Thus causing you to lose everything you have done in it and start anew. Sure the game may be worth a 6 or 7 if this bug never occurred but how can you get to that gameplay if you can't even loadI have always told myself that no game deserves a 0. But this game....this game deserves a 0. How can you get to the good aspects of a game when it constantly freezes and corrupts your saved data? Thus causing you to lose everything you have done in it and start anew. Sure the game may be worth a 6 or 7 if this bug never occurred but how can you get to that gameplay if you can't even load a **** race? You can't. And this game deserves to be down there with Duke Nukem Forever and the other pieces of trash developers have pushed out to us. Expand

#50 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005

1. PSM Magazine
    It's been too long since we had a great vehicular combat game, and Jak X delivers some rollicking good multiplayer fun. It just lacks the flair needed to make it a must-buy. [Dec 2005, p.101]
  2. The gameplay variety wasn't always necessary but is a welcome change for the genre – a few more changes with the inevitable Jak X sequel and they could form a new sub-genre.
    A healthy collection of on and offline modes and a very satisfying story build real value for the title, but the actual play can sometimes feel a bit lifeless and often suffers from spontaneous swings.