8.5

1. May 26, 2017
    I didn't grow up with Goldeneye on the N64. Instead, I grew up in this era of Bond games and Nightfire is easily the best Bond game as the controls actually hold up, unlike Goldeneye.
  2. Nov 15, 2016
    A great shooter on the PS2. Good story, fun gameplay with lots of variety. The stages are well designed. The multiplayer is a very enjoyable experience as well.
  3. Aug 2, 2016
    This game has got awesome graphics for PS2, GC and Xbox, storyline is good too and gameplay is very amazing - Stealth and Shooter. Shooter and Steath in this are awesome. Not Bad Game and one of the best 007 Games. Good Game, Very good.
  4. Jun 3, 2015
    This is a very fun game to play by yourself, but preferrably with friends. It's a true party game, as the popular gamers from James and Mike Mondays have shown us. The guns are super fun, especially the explosive ones. The story is fun from the beginning to the end, but gets hard really quickly. Cutscenes are also masterly done. One flaw is the classic aiming that is known throughout theThis is a very fun game to play by yourself, but preferrably with friends. It's a true party game, as the popular gamers from James and Mike Mondays have shown us. The guns are super fun, especially the explosive ones. The story is fun from the beginning to the end, but gets hard really quickly. Cutscenes are also masterly done. One flaw is the classic aiming that is known throughout the Bond series to be awful, exceptions being hip-aiming and snipers. Expand
  5. Dec 7, 2014
    One of the best shooters in my opinion, still holds up to this date! Incredible, fun and just awesome. i would have liked the missions to be a little longer though.
  6. Nov 15, 2012
    I'm still playing this in 2012, that's how enjoyable it is!
    I have to say, it is probably the most enjoyable FPS I've played on multiplayer. The fun is actually endless!
    I'm still playing this in 2012, that's how enjoyable it is!
    The campaign itself isn't too bad, but I found it slightly too easy, and by today's standards, with gaming having moved on so much in the past 10 years (almost exactly to the day!), it is really outweighed by other games, hence why I could only rate it 7/10.
  7. Jul 5, 2012
    What a great game. The multiplayer to this day is tough to beat. Shooter games are one genre that I find grows less fun as it gets more realistic, and this one has just the right blend of realism and, in certain spots, a fun lack thereof.
  8. Feb 14, 2012
    This is an incredible game. You can get past the violence by remembering that it's James Bond. The graphics are great and seamless. Multi-player is chaotic and fun. The story line feels like a James Bond plot. The weapons are great, and in multi-player it is very nice to have the separate sets of weapons to choose from. The original James Bond theme song mix and the other songs are goodThis is an incredible game. You can get past the violence by remembering that it's James Bond. The graphics are great and seamless. Multi-player is chaotic and fun. The story line feels like a James Bond plot. The weapons are great, and in multi-player it is very nice to have the separate sets of weapons to choose from. The original James Bond theme song mix and the other songs are good and represent the feel of each level accurately. The underwater level has an eery feel, matched with eery music. I love how the first mission is like the opening action sequences of the movies: grabs your attention, but unrelated to the plot. This adds to the James Bond effect. I love how in multi-player you can get the golden gun, and how you can fight in levels based off settings in the movies, as well as shrunk versions of the maps in the game. Collapse
  9. Mar 21, 2011
    Awesome game! Single player is whatever, but the best part is playing against bots in the local multiplayer. Playing against bots is really fun and there is lots of options to make it harder/easier.
  10. Nov 17, 2010
    I still do like this given even though it's years old. I just find it to be a nice shooter, it has it's moments of somewhat dullness, and i usually only play it now if i'm playing with friends, but it's still a nice game.
  11. Nov 16, 2010
    Nightfire is the best Bond game since Goldeneye 007 on the N64. The story mode has a great plot and numerous difficulty settings, however it is a bit too short.
    The multiplayer game is brilliant, the bots aren't brilliant but there are many characters to choose from and personalities along with game rules and weapon sets can be adjusted to a tee. While now in 2010 the graphics are slightly dated they do stand up somewhat. A fun game.
  12. Aug 22, 2010
    Has some cool elements but is not as fun as Agent Under Fire and the graphics were weird. The single player was decent as usual but it lacked some pizazzz.
  13. LuisC.
    Oct 4, 2006
    This is a very good game a bit short and irritating on the underwater missions.
  14. Bestgameever
    Mar 2, 2006
    You can play this game multiple times!
    Aug 12, 2004
    The worst 007 game ever, but still fun. The worst things about this title are the AI and the soun. 007 doesn't sound like 007 and finding a game with worse AI is like try to find a needle in a stack of hay. Decent game overall.
  16. TyC.
    Feb 23, 2004
    I thought this was the best James Bond Game...Yet!!! I can't wait to try out Everything or Nothing.
  17. ChrisC.
    Dec 30, 2003
    This game is the best shooting game i have ever played. I dont really like 3rd person shooting games so this is great.
  18. RJblake
    Sep 7, 2003
    This game is great for peopl who like first person shooters.
  19. BarfB.
    Jun 11, 2003
    It's a extreeeeem game!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. Duffbag
    May 6, 2003
    Cool.
  21. RyanM.
    Apr 28, 2003
    One of my favorite first person shooters ever. I love this game, but only if i owned it...
  22. [Aonymous]
    Feb 26, 2003
    DUDE! THIS GAME TOTALLY ROCKS! It needs to have multiplayer Co-Op and more! You need MORE MAPS! MORE GUNS! MORE SUITS! but then SINGLE PLAYER IS A BLAST!!!!!!!! it is great and though the loading sequence is kind of annoying it has alot of nice objectives. The games not to easy but not too hard its just rite!!!!!!
    Feb 19, 2003
    Yes, Nightfire is fun. No, its not too original or completely interactive. Just as Entertainment Weekly put it: "...but what's really frustrating is that these [cinematic] sequences (parachuting off a skyscraper, somersaulting to avoid gunfire) illustrate precisely the kind of actions that you should be able to control."
  24. AJB.
    Jan 8, 2003
    The graphics are better than all the other games and it harder than it looks. the multy player is better becouse you can play the ps.
  25. ZackO.
    Dec 27, 2002
    This game sucks. it duz anything but make you feel like your in the game. the punching action in the multiplayer is so lame that you have to laugh. also, the game isnt anything new and it is very predictable.
  26. MikeD.
    Dec 6, 2002
    Crap.
  27. Feb 14, 2012

#24 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#50 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. A little more challenge, depth, and length with the trimming of the lame on-rails levels would have made this one a near classic. As it is, though, it's an above-average shooter with just enough variety and charm to make the familiar trip worth your time.
  2. PSM Magazine
    Definitely takes a step in the right direction, but everything is still so predictable. [Holiday 2002, p.38]
    It's fun as far as it goes, but the experience can't help but feel a little limited at times -- you go there, you do this, you whack a few bad guys in between, and do it all over again once a new objective arises.