Jaws Unleashed PlayStation 2

7.5

1. Outraged
    Mar 8, 2008
    Wow. I'm shocked. It must take a hell of a lot of talent to take a game where you play as a SHARK and KILL OR DESTROY EVERYTHING and make it un-entertaining! Once I got to the first mission I knew this game was doomed. "Find an ID card to escape!" What the hell? So I'm playing as a big, dumb, bloodthirsty predator and I'm looking for ID cards? Jaws controls like crap, theWow. I'm shocked. It must take a hell of a lot of talent to take a game where you play as a SHARK and KILL OR DESTROY EVERYTHING and make it un-entertaining! Once I got to the first mission I knew this game was doomed. "Find an ID card to escape!" What the hell? So I'm playing as a big, dumb, bloodthirsty predator and I'm looking for ID cards? Jaws controls like crap, the graphics are worse than N64 graphics and killing people is not as fun as it should be. Also, if Jaws is so unstoppable, why can be killed instantly by a dolphin 1/8th his size? Or a gang of friggin' piranhas??? The whole first stage involves escaping a marine park, and this is done by head-butting heaps of glass walls, metal gratings and blocked exits. Wow, what fun. When I discovered the stage ended with a BOSS BATTLE against the marine park's ORCA WHALE, I almost threw the disc out the window. This game is so hilariously bad, it really is the PS2's answer to Superman 64- bad graphics, bad controls, laughable level design, and ruining a fantastic concept. If you're curious to play this game like I was, just rent it because you'll be sick of it within 30 minutes. Expand
  2. RandyM.
    Aug 23, 2006
    Absolutely one of the most pitiful games ever created. This game deserves nothing less than to be floating belly up in the toilet in the eighth circle of gaming hell.
  3. RedXIII
    Jul 12, 2006
    The only reason this game got a 1 is because of the highly addicting carnage for the first 30 mins, after that it gets extremely repetitive and boring, camera angles were horrible, controls bad, all in all a bad game, except the original carnage. Rent, do not buy!
  4. laladoodielaladoodie
    May 19, 2008
    the carnage is bretty bloody and fun for half an hour, later youll be thinking what am i doing. it has plenty of bugs and glitches. it has bad graphics but da sound quality is ok, but da music dat cumz on after every time u attack something is so annoying. da controls are terrible itz all flimsy and flabby and an ablsoutly horrable camera angle and so on. u no what i bet these guysthe carnage is bretty bloody and fun for half an hour, later youll be thinking what am i doing. it has plenty of bugs and glitches. it has bad graphics but da sound quality is ok, but da music dat cumz on after every time u attack something is so annoying. da controls are terrible itz all flimsy and flabby and an ablsoutly horrable camera angle and so on. u no what i bet these guys didnt even try to make this a good game, well dont u think if i made this i would only do it to make money. they gave it no good graphics on porpose. if anything this game should be given for free. Expand

Though it's correct that JAWS does suffer from a number of bothersome glitches, numerous camera issues, and sometimes-infuriating lock-ups, it also benefits from a number of gruesomely satisfying missions, a large environment to play around with, and unique combat maneuvers that you just can't do in any other game.
  2. Playing Appaloosa's ultraviolent and ultrastupid take on the titular killer shark is about as much fun as having your legs chewed off.
  3. The abstruse design and technical flaws leave us cold, but the sheer potential for savage bastardry makes it undeniably fun.