7.9

1. SvenS.
    Oct 10, 2006
    Even on PS2 this game is amazing, doesn't look as good as on the 360 but it still is just as fun and isn't that what really counts?
  2. RobB.
    Sep 23, 2006
    This game has the worst graphics I have ever seen on any PS2 game! Vice City is 3 years old this game looks 3 years older than that! The gameplay is repetative and boring. There is just too much wrong with it to list it all. It's just embarrassingly bad, STEER CLEAR!
  3. RodO.
    Oct 2, 2006
    Just Cause is an amaizing game on PS2. Although the graphics on Xbox 360 are better, it has more glitches than on PS2.
  4. MikeS.
    Jan 5, 2007
    I thought it was fantastic. Great gameplay, great graphics and great sound. What more can you ask for?
  5. CM
    Aug 31, 2008
    This game is absolutley terrible!! The visuals are appaling and as for it being a "vast enviroment", it is just a copy and paste landscape. The gameplay and controls are even worse then the visuals. The only fun thing about this hunk of junk is the grappling hook, which wears out its welcome very fast. This game is a Mercenaries want-a-be. I hate this game with a passion and I wish that IThis game is absolutley terrible!! The visuals are appaling and as for it being a "vast enviroment", it is just a copy and paste landscape. The gameplay and controls are even worse then the visuals. The only fun thing about this hunk of junk is the grappling hook, which wears out its welcome very fast. This game is a Mercenaries want-a-be. I hate this game with a passion and I wish that I could take all the copies of this "game" and launch them into outer space. That would however probably cause an intergalactic war in which the Earth would be destroyed for unleashing this terrible excuse of a game!!! Expand
  6. BeauG.
    Sep 24, 2006
    Appalling game, GTA wannabee with bad gameplay and graphics.
  7. SteveW.
    Sep 28, 2006
    Okie this game has its share of problems its graphicly very bad (ps2) and there is alot of glitchy issues like walking through trees and to top it off the shooting element is FAR too easy but that said it has some very original ideas with the grapple hook and parashoot combo that make this game extremely playable not to mention the sheer size of the map with next to no slowdown and no Okie this game has its share of problems its graphicly very bad (ps2) and there is alot of glitchy issues like walking through trees and to top it off the shooting element is FAR too easy but that said it has some very original ideas with the grapple hook and parashoot combo that make this game extremely playable not to mention the sheer size of the map with next to no slowdown and no loading times. The main missions are actully quite fun and some are challenging although the side missions are a little boring and repatative. Overall tho there is some laughs to be had at this game intentional or not and when you come across some of the towns in the game you cant help but feel absorbed into the just cause world. Rent or buy? Rent first Expand
  8. PeteB.
    Feb 27, 2007
    Picked up Just Cause (PS2) off the bargin shelf and glad I did. Graphics could have been better but open-endedness of where to go and how to get there makes up for it a little. Some interesting weapons available too. Wouldn't paid full price for it but worthwhile bargain purchase. Bring on Just Cause 2!
  9. JamesRickaby
    May 12, 2008
    Just cause is the best game i have ever really had on PS2, because i just love exploring the vast landscape. I have had the game about a year, and according to the game stats i have played it for 160 hours! When i am playing it i just cannot stop, weather i am flying from airport to airport practicing my landings, or base jumping from dizzying hights. People constantly moan about graphicsJust cause is the best game i have ever really had on PS2, because i just love exploring the vast landscape. I have had the game about a year, and according to the game stats i have played it for 160 hours! When i am playing it i just cannot stop, weather i am flying from airport to airport practicing my landings, or base jumping from dizzying hights. People constantly moan about graphics but they really arn't that bad seeming as the gaming area is so huge. But its the feeling you get from exploration that gripped me from the very first step i put on the island. I cannot help but fall helplessly into the hipnotysing world of Just Cause when i stumble upon a secluded town or fishing village, seeing people wandering around with nothing to do, probably driven mad by the atmosphere of the mesmorising landscape.
    It is very true that the side missions and liberations are as repetetive as friday night television and the story is shortlived and uninspiring, but the real reason of being on San Esperito is to have fun in a free world where everything and anything is yours to drive, fly, ride, sail, shoot and kill.
    The gaming experience is very similar to that of the legendary Grand Theft Auto series with a Carribian tweak. Police forces become more intense as you fight to destroy them, and you can throw people out of there vehicles to take control. Amongst the sheer brilliance of this experience is a never-ending array of annoying glitches that follow you wherever you go, from Rico's head flpping inside-out to randomly dieing for no apparent reason when entering a helicopter. Yes, the game has its reasons for being called 'repetetive', 'uninspiring' and 'Just Crap' but in my tiny little oppinion i say WOOP WOOP!

James Rickaby (14)
  10. Sep 5, 2010
    Just Cause on the PlayStation 2 is a cool game. The landscape; San Esprito that the game takes place is so huge; a great feat accomplished on the PS2, the game looks great and has some cool gameplay elements. You can use a grappling gun and tether yourself to a car or helicopter and glide with your parachute. The gunfights are basic; there is an auto aiming system to make it easier. TheJust Cause on the PlayStation 2 is a cool game. The landscape; San Esprito that the game takes place is so huge; a great feat accomplished on the PS2, the game looks great and has some cool gameplay elements. You can use a grappling gun and tether yourself to a car or helicopter and glide with your parachute. The gunfights are basic; there is an auto aiming system to make it easier. The side missions can get repetitive and the landscape can be empty with not much to do after the main story mode which isn't long either. Just Cause is a nice sandbox game on the PS2 overall but lacks the gameplay depth that the Grand Theft Auto titles have. Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    I give this game a 6/10 not because it's necessarily bad, but it's frustrating as hell. There are way more pros than cons, but if it weren't for the one thing that I hate about it, it would probably be 8/10 or so.
    The graphics really aren't that great for its time. The lighting is, though. But the graphics really don't define the game. The gameplay is pretty good, and the controls are tolerable. The story is OK, but really nothing absorbing. It doesn't capture you like other games do. The thing that really brings this game down for me is the save system. Trying to save your game is next to impossible. Now, there are no 'save' button in the pause menu like there could, and should be. THe only way to save is at the most recent safehouse you've unlocked, and they fail to mention this at the beginning of the game. I had to look up on the internet for 15 minutes to find this out. It's more frustrating than it sounds, especially when you're like me and have a bunch of people bicthing at you to get off the T.V. but you can't because you just finished that mission that was very, very difficult. For me, the save system really dumbs down the quality of the game. Lots of other people enjoy it. But do whatever you want, this is just what I think.
  12. Mar 28, 2013
    The graphics were okay, however the ps2 developers were coming out with better by this time. But at least make your characters move like HUMANS! lol It was the gameplay and storyline that caught me off guard, they engaged me from the very begining, and I kept asking, what happens next! Exteremely exiting, I totally forgive anything else that is wrong with this game. In my opinion, if youThe graphics were okay, however the ps2 developers were coming out with better by this time. But at least make your characters move like HUMANS! lol It was the gameplay and storyline that caught me off guard, they engaged me from the very begining, and I kept asking, what happens next! Exteremely exiting, I totally forgive anything else that is wrong with this game. In my opinion, if you get the oportunity to get it, GET IT! I promise, you wont be disapointed. Expand
  13. Jun 17, 2013

1. A jaw-dropping adventure that disappoints slightly thanks to a short central plot padded out with repetitive objectives. [Oct 2006, p.78]
    The ugliness of Just Cause on the PS2 also takes a lot away from the experience. If you're going to play Just Cause, you'll want to get it on one of the other platforms.
  3. It is a fun game with some cool ideas, just one with its share of problems. If nothing else it tries a few new things, which is more than you can say about many games. [Oct. 2006, p.93]