K-1 World Grand Prix PlayStation 2

  • Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Jul 9, 2003
User Score
9.0

Universal acclaim- based on 7 Ratings

User score distribution:
  1. Positive: 6 out of 7
  2. Negative: 0 out of 7
Buy On

Review this game

  1. Your Score
    0 out of 10
    Rate this:
    • 10
    • 9
    • 8
    • 7
    • 6
    • 5
    • 4
    • 3
    • 2
    • 1
    • 0
    • 0
  1. Submit
  2. Check Spelling
  1. Marky
    Jul 26, 2003
    5
    I agree 95% with the Game Revolution review. for the other 5%: being an MMA fan myself, i find K-1 only amusing because i try to simulate real K-1 bouts and boxing-style matches, jabbing after jab, setting up for KO moves such as Mirko Cro-Cop's sledgehammer left foot into the jaw of an opponents face. but thats as exciting as it can get. for amateurs, after exchanging seeminglyI agree 95% with the Game Revolution review. for the other 5%: being an MMA fan myself, i find K-1 only amusing because i try to simulate real K-1 bouts and boxing-style matches, jabbing after jab, setting up for KO moves such as Mirko Cro-Cop's sledgehammer left foot into the jaw of an opponents face. but thats as exciting as it can get. for amateurs, after exchanging seemingly harmless blows would some lucky big action shots come in. In essence, K-1 is more a mental game, more than any. Definately NOT a button masher like most arcade games. So for those who appeal to the mental strategy of boxing and such (setting up for the big blows, working the opponent), K-1 deserves a look - just as long as u can get used to the extremely precise controls. Collapse
  2. TyrallS.
    Aug 7, 2003
    8
    I was always a sucker for fighting games; This K-1 World Grand Prix would seem excellent, I can't wait to play this myself.
  3. RJBlake
    Sep 7, 2003
    10
    This game is wicked but they should of put more fighters in it like jet rufus and chong lee.
  4. Ty
    Jan 11, 2005
    10
    Real good game....but could be much better.

Awards & Rankings

#95 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003
Metascore
67

Mixed or average reviews - based on 24 Critics

Critic score distribution:
  1. Positive: 9 out of 24
  2. Negative: 4 out of 24
  1. The game has a lot of atmosphere and more options than a typical fighter. However, some may be put off by the pace of the game the unknown format.
  2. There is not really anything groundbreaking here, but the element it provides does the sport justice and brings an entertaining time to the gamer. However, the lack of seeing anything new affects the amount of time you'll spend.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    90
    It's not a button masher. Energy and strength must be conserved. The key to good gameplay is looking for and finding openings. Taking advantage of your opponent's weakness is the strategy that will separate the men from the boys.