Katamari Damacy PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Sep 21, 2004
9.0

1. EdB.
    Aug 23, 2005
    How people can rate this garbage high I dont know. They rate manhunt and suffering under 70 but this crap is almost 90??? Rolling around a ball...please ...garbage.
  2. HarryPotterk.
    Sep 20, 2007
    This game has no meening to you roll stuff around.no fun realy. the guy has a butt chin. it sell for too much. the graphics are ok but this game realy sucks. waste of time and money.
  3. HaterofK.
    Mar 28, 2006
    This is by far the worst game of all time. Anyone who likes to play this game needs to get a life and grow up, unless your a kid and then I can see that you would like this. It has the worst music of anything I have ever heard and the characters are so freaking retarded they make me want to hurt someone. If I could I would flat out slap the creator in the face.
  4. Apr 19, 2016
    This game is the WORST experience of my LIFE. How can people rate this so frikin' high? You take a ball, role stuff up for like, 10 hours worth of levels, a time limit like superman 64, which, compared to this, superman 64 is like a masterpiece, a incredibly weird and not understandable storyline with nothing deep to it, a super bad soundtrack that will drive you crazy, extremely uglyThis game is the WORST experience of my LIFE. How can people rate this so frikin' high? You take a ball, role stuff up for like, 10 hours worth of levels, a time limit like superman 64, which, compared to this, superman 64 is like a masterpiece, a incredibly weird and not understandable storyline with nothing deep to it, a super bad soundtrack that will drive you crazy, extremely ugly characters, dumb levels, low content, the list goes on. Verdict is the worst game ever, worst than Ride to Hell and Superman 64 combined, 0/10 would rate it lower. Expand
  5. VladimírS.
    Jul 6, 2005
    Za úchylnou prezentací se skrývá skv?lá logická hra!
  6. RussellJ.
    Sep 24, 2004
    Best game since Tetris!
  7. GeorgeC.
    Jan 18, 2005
    Weirdest game I've ever played... And enjoying every minute of it.
  8. AdamJ.
    Oct 20, 2004
    I bought this game after reading good reviews on this site. It's the most fun game I've played in a long time. [Ed: nice....] It's a short game, but I can't stop replaying levels trying to do better. Amazing that it's under $20.
  9. BillA.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This game is the Bomb as puzzle games for the PS2 goes, it's not exceptionally innovative but the gameplay is such that you cannot put it down and that funky music will have you humming the stuff all day long. For 20 bucks, you cannot go wrong with this game, Leave it to the Japanese to think of something is quirky and downright fun. Mister Mosquito was fun too but this tops even This game is the Bomb as puzzle games for the PS2 goes, it's not exceptionally innovative but the gameplay is such that you cannot put it down and that funky music will have you humming the stuff all day long. For 20 bucks, you cannot go wrong with this game, Leave it to the Japanese to think of something is quirky and downright fun. Mister Mosquito was fun too but this tops even that. I have not seen ONE BAD REVIEW on this game, pick it up and try it and you'll see why. Expand
  10. JamalB.
    Jan 8, 2005
    I recently picked this up. Simply amazing. Tons of replay value. Must complete my collection.
  11. Wongit
    Feb 5, 2005
    Incredible, the best kind of game for $20. its tottaly worth it and its extremely fun.
  12. SM
    Jan 17, 2006
    I wonder if the moron who gave the game a 2 ever played it? Not enough blood, not enough violence? Give me a break. This is just an honestly good game. It doesn't need flashy graphics and realistic violence to compensate for the fact that you're doing the same thing over and over again since what you're doing is fun and amusing inof itself.

The gameplay is

The gameplay is unsurpassed, the soundtrack great (and amusing). The king of all cosmos will keep you laughing with his constant slew of insults.
    You're meant to have FUN playing this game. It may not be appropriate for Mountain Dew drinking ExTrEmE GamErZ, who are just looking for another game to 0wn.

Excuse my sarcasm, I hope you all take it good humor! :)
  13. TylerJ.
    Apr 7, 2006
    I think Its the BEST game I've ever played!
  14. VictoriaB.
    Jan 17, 2007
    A great game graphics are a bit weird but thats what makes it fun. Different style making it a riot for anyone to play.
  15. NeshimiAce
    Aug 11, 2008
    Awesome game. i'll admit it has retched graphics, but the playability and fun this game provides is amazing! many many hours can be spent perfecting each and every level without losing any entertainment value. The most fun I've had on the PS2 in years! and the weirdness and quirkiness add to the fun. after your first hour, your sides will hurt!!
  16. AB
    Nov 1, 2004
    This game is awesome, but ugly (sort of like Marilyn Manson). But what could be more than rolling a wierd ball around and catching things on it? Nothing.
  17. KarenD.
    Dec 16, 2004
    It's the cutest little thing that you ever did see.
  18. Sakuya
    Dec 31, 2004
    LoL I can't believe how good this game is. ~.~ it's almost too good. Only problem I have with it is that its so short. I finished the whole game in under 6 hours. Oh well it has a high replay value so that makes up for its shortness. Only other annoying part is getting caught on a stair or between something and wasting presious moments to break free. Great game and awsome music. LoL I can't believe how good this game is. ~.~ it's almost too good. Only problem I have with it is that its so short. I finished the whole game in under 6 hours. Oh well it has a high replay value so that makes up for its shortness. Only other annoying part is getting caught on a stair or between something and wasting presious moments to break free. Great game and awsome music. I can't wait for part 2 to come out in the spring. Expand
  19. SeanP.
    Dec 8, 2004
    The best game to come out this year but I did beat it with great marks one day into it but its been two weeks and I still go back to it. Just wish there was more to do.
  20. PanchoE.
    May 22, 2004
    Bizarre, crazy sh.t, but I had the best time with this game. Import it. Trust me.
  21. RafaelF.
    Jul 23, 2004
    The game is a bundle of joy! It makes me laugh, the music is great and best of all it's freakin' great to play! Import, import, import and import this game. You won't regret it!
  22. RichardW.
    Dec 18, 2005
    Worth every penny! Anyone who dismisses the hardcore fun this game brings is simply too prejudiced against any game that isn't an M rated first person shooter to be a real gamer. Never gets old!
  23. Ryan
    Apr 10, 2005
    The music and gameplay rock!
  24. BobP.
    Jun 2, 2005
    Katamari Damacy is the most relaxing and fun game I've played in a long time. It's also the best $20 I ever spent on a videogame! I can't wait for the sequel "We Love Katamari"!
  25. AnnaM.
    Jun 20, 2005
    A great game with tremendous replay value. Its so weird and wonky, you cant find another game like it. For those who like mindless fun. You can play it for only 10 minutes, or go hours long. Something which you will be returning to every week, just because its so fun.
  26. MattW.
    Jul 23, 2005
    Brilliant! It's good to see video game companies putting on their imagination caps again. You're a fool if you don't pick this up for the cheap $20 it costs.
  27. David
    Aug 26, 2005
    Great. Buy it, so cheap you can't lose. I don't know what Ed B. is smoking.
  28. RistoA.
    Jan 18, 2007
    Excellent game and suitable for just about anyone. Something else than shooting and violence for a change.
  29. Fighter17
    Dec 25, 2004
    One ball, pick up anything you what, you are happy. Get this game right now.
  30. JamesB.
    Dec 27, 2004
    My wife quit talking to me after I purchased this game for the kids at Christmas. Quit talking to me because she hasn't stopped playing it for a minute. Now the whole family hums the tunes to the game. Great fun!

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2004
#56 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

1. Go buy this friggin' game. Now. Reward Namco for having the balls to put out something this... well, Japanese. For $20, you're getting one hell of a party game.
  2. GMR Magazine
    The game has an amazing energy and great joy. Its unfettered creativity is astounding, and this is where Katamari truly excels. [Nov 2004, p.110]
  3. As a total package, Katamari Damacy is one of the most original, imaginative, and purely entertaining games to come along in years.