8.9

1. DanielMcGarry
    Dec 21, 2006
    Many people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a bookMany people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a book buy its cover Expand
  2. JohannY.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, better dialogue, more cool characters.. This game is phenomenal.. Can't wait for the next.. You have to be a Square and/or Disney fan to appreciate this..Hardcore action gamers won't be able to get it. Expand
  3. MartinK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Three simple words, Best Game Ever. Nothing even compares tot he supremacy and excellence of this game. Nothing has been this good, nor will it ever be. The story is complex, interesting and amazing while the gameplay mirrors that. P.S IGN is completely wrong, i think they should realize how much at fault they are.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Im getting this game for my birthday today I cant wait to get it it souns awesome.
  5. DeonS.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is just perfect for the rpg lover like me this is the best sequel EVER!
  6. AnthonyU.
    Jun 11, 2006
    This game is so amazing! I couldn't put the controler down till I was finished! The graphics were awesome, the sound was great, the controls have no flaws, and the overall game was SO cool! If you don't have this game, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and go get it, NOW!
  7. Sora&Kairi
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is AWESOME! I like Sora and Kairi's new outfits. The funniest thing about this game is summoning Chicken Little.
  8. JasmineW.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This game is the best I don't think any game can top it (well maybe until the 3rd Kingdom Hearts comes out) everyone I know who plays it is totaly addited to it!
  9. DerekS.
    Mar 28, 2006
    this is what you need to be playing.
  10. ConanL.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Astonishing! The long wait was worth it for an incredible game like this.
  11. PabloRodriguez
    Mar 30, 2006
    part one was the gretest game ever....until part 2. it was so good that my mom almost let me stay home from school to play it and she was definatly convinced that it was the best game ever. YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME!! GRAPHICS CHRACTERS STORY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the BATTLE WAS AWESOME!!...must buy for pS2.
  12. BonbonA.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The story is simply amazing. The first original Kingdom Hearts was excellent, but this.. is just perfect.
  13. SteveT.
    Mar 30, 2006
    A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see you in the Winnie the Pooh world. It is hard to explain to your other adult friends and relatives why you are playing a game that appears to be for a three year old.(I think Pooh rules, but I would get slugged for admitting it) Other than that get this game if you need some PS2 greatness before PS3 comes out. I also recomend getting the limited edtion guide while you can. It is Shwagtastic! Expand
  14. JosephB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    it is the best game i have played in the longest time the sequel is better than the original and it has a boost of action i love it.
  15. TylerD.
    Apr 12, 2006
    Amazing. This game reminded me of why I love video games.
  16. AnthonyC.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This Game is the best action rpg i played sense KOTOR becouse it is full of action and has a deap syntasis system and the overall story is good.
  17. Cameron
    Apr 15, 2006
    This game is amazing, the idsney, the fighting, the actions, the guests, the limits and drives, it rocks! If you don't already have this game, GET IT NOW! You won't be wasting your money.
  18. BenF.
    Apr 17, 2006
    This is the best one yet.This game rocks a lot. It is super enjoyable. This game is even better than the original one. Buy it. It is awesome
  19. AlexL.
    Apr 22, 2006
    A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they continue to play their cards right like this. Expand
  20. ChrisC.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Its fantastic, The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic and it's all well meshed together. The gameplay is varied and the voice acting for the most part is great. My only complaint is the constant load times but they are forgivable once you get in.
  21. CD
    Apr 3, 2006
    Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall expeirence. things I noticed include, the camera adjustments, moogle shops at each level, an improved gummi ship game, drive mode, limit abilities, reaction commands, and adjustments you can make to make donald and goofy suit your style. I played about 8 hours, and I was stunned. The graphics had improved by leaps and bounds. This was not a problem with the original, but after seeing next gen quality I was afraid KH2 could not compare. No worries there. Not only that but the game had tons of new features. The added limits, reaction comands, and drive modes are all woundefully added into the now nearly flawless battle system. The camera is now attached to the right analog stick, making a giant improvment on the previous installment. Kingdom Hearts incredible mini games also return to this game. One example is the return of the colisium. The colisium is now destroyed, and a new one has opened in the under world. Each world seems to have it's own unique mini games. (Most were not optional, witch is a disappointment.) Most KH fans will notice something new about the gummi ship as soon as they veiw the world map. Instead of constant battles, you chose a gate in witch you'd like to open, and battle through it once. This opens the gate and allows for you to move through it freely. These gummi battles still take place on tracks, but now you fight enemies on lands, in the air, and fight "bosses" that literally fill up the whole screen. Once defeating one gummi battle, you can return to it to raise your high score, and unlock new gummi parts. Kingdom hearts 2 goes well beyond expectations. This game is nearly flawless, and continues to tell the Amazing story of Sora the keyblade weilder. I searched for years inbetween KH1 and KH2 for something like it to keep me occupied during the vacancy, and was unable to find anything. This is a one of a kind series, and will hopefully make a return with Kingdom Hearts 3. 10 out of 10. Perfect. Expand
  22. Hugh
    Apr 3, 2006
    easily the best game of 2006. in amny ways better than the first, and this is just within the fisrt few hours of gameplay. if u like disney, square, or both, this is for you. if you dont lie, either, u still ghet immersed as this game can appeal to anyone who likes games. this is a must but for anyone who plays games or intends to play in the near future.
  23. georgeP.
    Apr 8, 2006
    this game is the best next to the original.
  24. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    This game is the best game ever. if you are looking for somthing different, or new or just somthing fun, this game will take you into another world.
  25. Toaman1994
    May 10, 2006
    This is the best game. EVAR!!! Okay, okay, okay. Only for PS2...It's still REALLY GOOD!!! Seriously. If you don't have this game, buy it now. And if you don't have a PS2, buy one. Then, buy this game.
  26. BobQ.
    May 21, 2006
    It started out with a little adventure game and now it unraveled into an incredible new game. I'll have to say this game is alot better than the first and they should keep going with the series of Kingdom Hearts.
  27. ChristineP.
    Jun 19, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II is one of the best video games I have ever played on PS2. The camera is much improved since the first game. Although it lacks some interest in the story compared to the first, Kingdom Hearts II is still great, and it keeps you playing even after it's ending.
  28. SangheeJ.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game is amazing. My brother plays all the time, and I even enjoy watching the game. Its great special effects, and its amazing characters catch the eye and suspense. You get attachted to all the characters, and the movies and plot twists are all amazing. Even incorporating all those amazing movies did well. The only problem that I can find is that all the moves are spelled out for This game is amazing. My brother plays all the time, and I even enjoy watching the game. Its great special effects, and its amazing characters catch the eye and suspense. You get attachted to all the characters, and the movies and plot twists are all amazing. Even incorporating all those amazing movies did well. The only problem that I can find is that all the moves are spelled out for you, and there is almost no room for error. Its kind of irritating. Maybe if you go to ther harder modes that goes away, but in standard mode, its easy enough for me to do during SAT week. Otherwise, you care about the characters, the plot is interesting, and the graphics are amazing, Recommended game. Expand
  29. TrevorB.
    Jun 8, 2006
    it was the best game i've played. the graphics where the best ever. sora, kairi, riku, and any other character matured a lot and that made the game connect to teens like me. at first i thought it was going to be bad with all the kid disney stuff but it acuatly had a lot of cool battles without any kid stuff.
  30. Me
    Aug 3, 2006
    i give a 10 and screw anyone who does otherwise i must have played it for 4 hrs and just gotten Sora butt it was fun.
  31. AnonymousMC
    Aug 25, 2009
    This game was a definite step up from KH1, with the action button taking away from the button mashing, and a longer mp bar. The story is still a bit kid-cheesy, but you can always skip the cutscenes (not available in KH1, you had to watch ALL of them). The graphics are also a couple steps up from KH1 and the camera has a WAY better functionality. The secret ending leaves you a bitThis game was a definite step up from KH1, with the action button taking away from the button mashing, and a longer mp bar. The story is still a bit kid-cheesy, but you can always skip the cutscenes (not available in KH1, you had to watch ALL of them). The graphics are also a couple steps up from KH1 and the camera has a WAY better functionality. The secret ending leaves you a bit confused, though, and is nothing to keep trying for Expand
  32. Roxas
    Jan 23, 2010
    The story, the enemy design, the music, the action, everything's awesome. If you've played the first one, than this will blow your mind!! It is a million-billion-trillion-bazillion times better. It will blow your mind. The combat is button mashing, but it's some of the best button mashing ever with the insane customizable combos and best enemy design in video games, even The story, the enemy design, the music, the action, everything's awesome. If you've played the first one, than this will blow your mind!! It is a million-billion-trillion-bazillion times better. It will blow your mind. The combat is button mashing, but it's some of the best button mashing ever with the insane customizable combos and best enemy design in video games, even better than Bayonetta. The story is superb. Dont let the Disney characters fool you, this is the real deal. Expand
  33. judsonS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This is the GREATEST game ive ever played its been four years since it came out and i still love it to death I recommend to buy this game it is better than the first in pretty much every way Birth by Sleep cant come sooner!
  34. Tenoko
    Oct 27, 2005
    Disney meets Final Fantasy... again. ^_^ The only reason I bought the first one was becaue of the fact that it had FF characters in it, plus I saw one of the commercials and nearly fell in love. I bet the original with like two weeks, getting little no sleep. haha. Anyways, this one can only compliment the original further, and if not we always have the post sequel. ^_^
  35. JeffM.
    Mar 27, 2006
    incredible! this game flows smoother than... reayl smoothly flowy thing. 2 thumbs way up.
  36. NathanD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    A great game! I only started playing this morning, and I can say it was well worth the wait. One of the best sequels I've ever played, and one of the best PS2 games available!
  37. MikeL.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This game is so fun i started playing it today and i just cant stop, i love the storyline
  38. BradZ.
    Mar 31, 2006
    this games has a great story line the jumping around in the cut sceens really keeps you alert.The boss battles are differnt now with timing is a great addtion to the game. Instead of the ald runnig around and trying to find a weakness you can fight with style and injoy a awsome cutsceen while you battle the bosses.
  39. BrandenB.
    Mar 31, 2006
    No game I have ever played has ever effected me like this one. With spectacular gameplay and an amazing story, Kingdom Hearts 2 is definately one of the (if not) the greatest game of our time.
  40. TravisF.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Kingdom hearts 2 has to be one of best games i have ever played in my life! The graphics are almost perfect I love the controls.Also the way they mix Disney with Square-Enix is just so creative.
  41. MarissaB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    i am a big fan of all the work they have put into of making all the kingdom hearts. i enjoy playing them.
  42. JoshT.
    Apr 11, 2006
    i thought that the first KH was awesome but this one blows it outta the water.
  43. HomerS.
    Apr 18, 2006
    This game is one of the best i have ever played. it has a great storyline and hooked me right at the begining. i dont normally play video games that much because i am busy with college and hoping to get a masters in biology.Even with my school work i find time to play this game. It is a very promising sequel to the ever popular first one. I was kind of frustrated at the beggining with This game is one of the best i have ever played. it has a great storyline and hooked me right at the begining. i dont normally play video games that much because i am busy with college and hoping to get a masters in biology.Even with my school work i find time to play this game. It is a very promising sequel to the ever popular first one. I was kind of frustrated at the beggining with Roxas because of the lack of disney characters (gotta have donald and goofy) one downside to this game is that it seems like you spend more time watching it than playing because of all the cinematic events, but overall i thin this is one of the best i have ever played. Expand
  44. SamuelP.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II is definitely one of the best releases of 2006. It has a lovely storyline that will entice the gamer all the way to the end of the game, and it will keep them coming back for more. The fact that there is a lot to do in the game will keep the player wanting to see more of the game, and they will find more as the story progresses. The music and the detail in the game are Kingdom Hearts II is definitely one of the best releases of 2006. It has a lovely storyline that will entice the gamer all the way to the end of the game, and it will keep them coming back for more. The fact that there is a lot to do in the game will keep the player wanting to see more of the game, and they will find more as the story progresses. The music and the detail in the game are both excellent, and it is definitely an improvement from the first game in the series. The plot twists and awesome controls will make the player feel like they are actually in the game. If I were to only buy one game in 2006, this is the game that I would choose. Nicely done square enix. Expand
  45. EmmanuelG.
    Apr 27, 2006
    This game is better than the first because you have better combos, more ability points boost, and have new abilities and all of them rock. Oh and Sepheroth is alot harder and still does Sin's wrath so becareful.
  46. Sammi&Khari
    Apr 3, 2006
    I have no complaints about this game...It was soooooo cool!!! Cain't wait for the third one.
  47. KaiK.
    Apr 3, 2006
    This game is great there should be another one.
  48. TalhoP.
    Jun 11, 2006
    Animation on this game is excellent- gameplay is also very well done. Well rounded plot line with vivid characters; overall- this game is worth playing over and over again.
  49. BrianD.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I would give this game a 20 if I could. This game rocks. Sora is my favorite person in the game. This time u can turn into forms. I have heard they were making a third, I can't wait.
  50. AmandaF.
    May 17, 2007
    This game was awesome. It had a good story line, which was too long at times, but the levels were awesome. I've replayed it 3 times, and every time it gets better.
  51. mazekitten_khearts2....
    May 24, 2007
    This is an amazing game. Not just speaking from an obsessed fangirl's point of veiw, but as a hard core gamer of these types. Please, all of the people who said it was bad, was because they sucked at it.
  52. AquaC.
    Jul 8, 2007
    KH1 and Kh2 has so much detail - I enjoyed it 100%. For some reason it made me really emotional... Which was kinda weird yet comforting. The only thing that's sucky is that KH3 is coming out only on PS3 - So I've heard.. And if it is, thats just wrong because some people are playing it on PS2... But still over-all 10!!
  53. CodyB
    Mar 17, 2009
    Kingdom Hearts 2, one of THE best masterpieces I have ever played. Micky Mouse, an incredibly epic storyline, beautifully intense graphics, Organization 13, Scar, what's not to love about this Disney-worldly game? Judge this game not by the level of difficulty (go to hell IGN and entertainment weekly) but by what this game is meant to offer; the storyline, graphics, new features, and Kingdom Hearts 2, one of THE best masterpieces I have ever played. Micky Mouse, an incredibly epic storyline, beautifully intense graphics, Organization 13, Scar, what's not to love about this Disney-worldly game? Judge this game not by the level of difficulty (go to hell IGN and entertainment weekly) but by what this game is meant to offer; the storyline, graphics, new features, and all the new Disney worlds & characters with their own storylines. KH2 surpasses the original Kingdom Hearts in every way that it counts! Expand
  54. freddorton
    Jan 21, 2005
    This looks like the sweetest game in the world i cant wait until i get i'll pre-order it like in a month i bet i'l play this game for like 8 hours straight every day (well not really)but a whole lot i probobly sound like a freak but i seen trailers and i was blowed away i was smiling soooooooo long my lips started to crack well im rambling so i'll just go
  55. mystsowada
    Mar 21, 2006
    This game is not a baby game like what people said about the first one. Im 15 and most of my friends are obsessed with this game as am I. Im not a nerd, I do track, football, baseball, and of course basketball.Kingdom Hearts one and two are probably the best games I've ever played by far.
  56. BrianH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Got it this afternoon and after four hours of playing, it looks a ton better than the first one! :D
  57. HeatherA.
    Apr 13, 2006
    this game does not have all the jumping the 1st kh had which is nice. i love the new worlds. but part of wishes that they would have more new worlds to vist-that have 3 worlds from the 1st game that could have easiler been changed to 3 diff ones. Although i do have to say that the griphes in this our much much better then in the 1st one. the worlds feel much less boxed off then in the 1st this game does not have all the jumping the 1st kh had which is nice. i love the new worlds. but part of wishes that they would have more new worlds to vist-that have 3 worlds from the 1st game that could have easiler been changed to 3 diff ones. Although i do have to say that the griphes in this our much much better then in the 1st one. the worlds feel much less boxed off then in the 1st one. Sora has grown more as well as all his friends. I am not a box fan of RPG based games/ But once my bf brought me KH one i love them. i can wait to beat this and for the 3rd KH to come out. :) Expand
  58. ChrisF.
    Apr 14, 2006
    The game is great... The people complaining about the lack of difficulty should keep in mind that this game is specifically targeted at a younger audience.. The game is supposed to be easy. I happen to enjoy more story focused game with fairly easy battles..
  59. JaseP.
    Apr 14, 2006
    i loved this game. i loved playing both this game, and the first one. they both made me think. overall, they were both great games but this one surpasses the first by far
  60. AndrewN.
    Apr 16, 2006
    This game is awesome, even when there are hordes and hordes of Heartless after you the game never lags. Square Enix is creative with all the Disney characters and story line. This game is better than Zelda and more fun too the new reaction command makes the game even more interesting to play with.
  61. Clabog
    Apr 17, 2006
    Probally the best game i have ever played!! It is long, packs a great storyline and game experience so you know you will get your moneys worth! New camera controls are great, and the new combat system never gets old. Also if you are really into the game you will have to unlock the secret ending which will get you excited and wondering about KH 3. But that could be a looonnnggg time! this Probally the best game i have ever played!! It is long, packs a great storyline and game experience so you know you will get your moneys worth! New camera controls are great, and the new combat system never gets old. Also if you are really into the game you will have to unlock the secret ending which will get you excited and wondering about KH 3. But that could be a looonnnggg time! this game isa must have for anyone. Expand
  62. JordanG.
    Apr 22, 2006
    KH2is a vast improvment on the first. the camara is less against you and more with you by working right.the story is a bit simpler but is still amazing the controls are easier and the cliff hanger ending will make you wanting more.
  63. -SoulS.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Awesome game, now I know that Square can make a hilarous sequel.
  64. Tami
    Jul 25, 2006
    I played for so long that i couldn't stop playing!! FUNNY SEQUEL!
  65. KevinM.
    Dec 22, 2007
    When my sister first picked up Kingdom Hearts, I was suspicious. I thought it was okay, but I was more awe-inspired by Jak and Daxter. A few years later, bored and searching Hollywood video, I came across II. I didn't know quite what to say, and decided to give it a try. So, I arrived home, and began to play. I promise you this-I did not want to stop for anything. The game's When my sister first picked up Kingdom Hearts, I was suspicious. I thought it was okay, but I was more awe-inspired by Jak and Daxter. A few years later, bored and searching Hollywood video, I came across II. I didn't know quite what to say, and decided to give it a try. So, I arrived home, and began to play. I promise you this-I did not want to stop for anything. The game's graphics are so intense and so beautifully rendered, I was entranced even before the opening movie ended. Starting to play, I realized that this could be the best game I've ever seen. I've been a KH geek ever since. If you can find the time, rent it. You will not be disappointed. Expand
  66. D.L.
    Jan 23, 2007
    This game is the best! I know that EVERYBODY says it's too easy, but it is not! My friend would probably agree, he can't get past the "dance water, dance!" guy!! Also, the AWESOME amour and the ability to go anywhere are the best! Anyone who gave 10 is right!
  67. MathewZ.
    Jul 25, 2007
    Clearly the best and most creative mix of style and creativity of Square with the fisaz of disney. Clearly the best if not best in the top 10 for Ps2 or top 50 for best games of all time.
  68. SamB.
    Jun 29, 2009
    Kingdom Hearts...what can I say about this game? I was captivated by its elegant look and entrancing soundtrack as soon as I saw the main menu. This game is undeniably one of the best games ever made. Its alluring storyline, deep narrative, enjoyable comment and beautiful graphics will have you hooked on this game, but above all, the emotional impact this game has had on me is truly Kingdom Hearts...what can I say about this game? I was captivated by its elegant look and entrancing soundtrack as soon as I saw the main menu. This game is undeniably one of the best games ever made. Its alluring storyline, deep narrative, enjoyable comment and beautiful graphics will have you hooked on this game, but above all, the emotional impact this game has had on me is truly amazing. When Sora cried for Roxas in the beginning, I was floored. When Xaldin controlled the Beast, I was pissed. As I charged my way through the World That Never Was, I was determined. AN ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE! Expand
  69. Feb 12, 2011
    While Birth by Sleep is now my favorite KH game, I really thought this sequel was superior and better than the original one, much like how movies like Terminator 2 or The Dark Knight exceeded their predecessors.
  70. Mar 24, 2011
    i loved this game and will not trade it in even though i have played through it many times because i know that i will want to dive back into this amazing piece of work again someday. the graphics were amazing for a game on the PS2 and the story keeps you interested until the very end. the voice acting is spot on and very convincing along with good music that matched what was going on ini loved this game and will not trade it in even though i have played through it many times because i know that i will want to dive back into this amazing piece of work again someday. the graphics were amazing for a game on the PS2 and the story keeps you interested until the very end. the voice acting is spot on and very convincing along with good music that matched what was going on in the current situation. along with these points you also come to feel attachment to the characters which is very rare in games and they do not have 30 min cut scenes like in Metal Gear Solid but are still able to pull at your heart strings when something bad happens to certain characters and the gameplay is so long and addictive that you can play for hours and still want to keep playing and you will not have even left a dent in the progression and i love that in a game because it will keep you entertained for hours upon hours. this game is definitely a must buy especially with the price dropped way down but good luck trying to find it because i doubt that the ppl who bought this game were willing to trade it in because it is so fun Expand
  71. May 24, 2011
    10 perfect in near all ways an amazingly fun game this is a must own just amazing BUY THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  72. Sep 18, 2011
    i loved kingdom hearts 1 i love 2 even more its one of the most fun games i have played and have spent tons of hours playing if you haven't played this yet you need to the best place to find it now a days is game stop and stores like it its the battle system is like the 1st with some added features the story is deep the music is good everything is good about this game i suggest you play iti loved kingdom hearts 1 i love 2 even more its one of the most fun games i have played and have spent tons of hours playing if you haven't played this yet you need to the best place to find it now a days is game stop and stores like it its the battle system is like the 1st with some added features the story is deep the music is good everything is good about this game i suggest you play it if you haven't already Expand
  73. Nov 18, 2011
    Squareenix brings back the players to the Kingdom Hearts universe which includes Disney and Final Fantasy characters. The sequel consists of even a more epic and dark storyline than the first, although some of the worlds from the first game are included and seem to be a rehash, there are different routes and locations. The game also includes new worlds, new enemies, new characters, and newSquareenix brings back the players to the Kingdom Hearts universe which includes Disney and Final Fantasy characters. The sequel consists of even a more epic and dark storyline than the first, although some of the worlds from the first game are included and seem to be a rehash, there are different routes and locations. The game also includes new worlds, new enemies, new characters, and new music. This game is worth getting! Expand
  74. Feb 22, 2012
    What can I say about this game? I've played Kingdom Hearts, and I gotta say, that was an awesome experience. Kingdom Hearts II just took everything that was good about Kingdom Hearts and enhanced it. The camera is a ton better, the battles are just fun, and the Drive Forms? Awesome

One sad thing about the game is how the reaction commands make it quite a bit easier. You need to play KH1 and CoM to understand KH2 though...
  75. Jun 9, 2012
    Though the intro is long and a little dull, Kingdom Hearts 2 is a fantastic game. I personally feel it is better than the first. However, playing the first game is essential. The combat is fun and the story is entertaining. The gummi ship and camera have been improved. The enemies, the nobodies, are very well designed and creative. A must have for RPG fans.
  76. Jul 8, 2012
    Best Video Game of All Time in my opinion
  77. Oct 27, 2013
    This my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version inThis my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version in the kingdom hearts 2.5 HD remix coming soon. but although the game lacks extra content, it has lots of replay value, i think i played this game over 10 times when i had it. the game just pulls you in and you don't want to stop playing. kingdom hearts is one of the best crossovers ever made. Expand
  78. Jan 1, 2014
    I do not know if it's because that Square Enix made ​​this game or why or appear in it my favorite characters from Disney but I love this game! Flawless combat system, great backing voices and divine history is what I like the most! I can not say that the game is squeezed out of the PS2 last sweats (because it does Final Fantasy XII), but I like it immensely. I finished it 4 times atI do not know if it's because that Square Enix made ​​this game or why or appear in it my favorite characters from Disney but I love this game! Flawless combat system, great backing voices and divine history is what I like the most! I can not say that the game is squeezed out of the PS2 last sweats (because it does Final Fantasy XII), but I like it immensely. I finished it 4 times at different levels of difficulty. The only thing I can be accused of it is that Kairi is not a playable character Expand
  79. Nov 11, 2012
    I think Kingdom Hearts is the videogame of my life. Nothing more. I was a child without any idea of what´s a ps2 about. And then, Kingdom Hearts appeared in my life. It was really funny, with hard moments but with an easy control. I spend hours and hours playing when I was only 9 years old. I learn how to play videogames with Kingdom Hearts. The story, the characters, the graphics,I think Kingdom Hearts is the videogame of my life. Nothing more. I was a child without any idea of what´s a ps2 about. And then, Kingdom Hearts appeared in my life. It was really funny, with hard moments but with an easy control. I spend hours and hours playing when I was only 9 years old. I learn how to play videogames with Kingdom Hearts. The story, the characters, the graphics, ALL in this game was fantastic and new to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 was better. For me, Kingdom Hearts 2 is one of the best videogames of PS2 history. The fights against the Organitazion XIII members, against SEPHIROT. Fight with Donald, Goofy, Mickey, Cloud, Tifa... It´s like a dream, like a dream came true by Square Enix. For me, the last good videogame they have made.

The best of this game: The story, hundreds of hours of entertainment, the graphics, the music. ALL.
    The worst of this game: Perhaps if you are an adult, you can´t touch the fantastic touch this game has.
  80. Feb 25, 2013
    Giving this awesome game a 10 since it's the best out of kh series so far that truely kept me wanting me to keep purchasing more new releases of the game. Unfortunately they don't make any more for the ps2 now which is a disappointment, but the psp bbs (birth by sleep) turned out good. Now the ds which stopped making me care about any more kh games I was just hoping for a 3, but insteadGiving this awesome game a 10 since it's the best out of kh series so far that truely kept me wanting me to keep purchasing more new releases of the game. Unfortunately they don't make any more for the ps2 now which is a disappointment, but the psp bbs (birth by sleep) turned out good. Now the ds which stopped making me care about any more kh games I was just hoping for a 3, but instead they're doing such random stuff that doesn't even make much sense. Play Kh1 and/or 2 to see the reason why they're kh fans because they are very incredible, but now the story seems to be endless. Kh2 has great action, and journey across disney worlds while taking out the heartless, the graphics are well made. Expand
  81. Mar 9, 2013
    Just finished playing this game and all I can say is WOW! Never before in my life have i been touched so greatly by a video game, or by anything else for that matter. There were also many improvements on this from the previous game, such as the Drive gauge, new MP bar, etc. This game's plot is astounding, extremely deep and well planned! Graphics are great, especially the flawlessJust finished playing this game and all I can say is WOW! Never before in my life have i been touched so greatly by a video game, or by anything else for that matter. There were also many improvements on this from the previous game, such as the Drive gauge, new MP bar, etc. This game's plot is astounding, extremely deep and well planned! Graphics are great, especially the flawless rendering of the intro/outro. Game-play is fun and more exciting than ever! Many complain about the numerous and unending cutscenes, but face it: without them, the game wouldn't be nearly as deep. Love the game's concept of light, darkness, and nobodies. Hands down the best video game I have ever played! Expand
  82. Jul 26, 2013
    Kingdom Hearts II was and still is my favorite game of all time, honestly this game has no faults. While the game series may not be for everyone, it's a huge improvement over the first game. How is it better? Well, it has: a more interesting storyline, entertain characters which you slowly attach to, better camera controls and much more. This was the first game I ever played in the KingdomKingdom Hearts II was and still is my favorite game of all time, honestly this game has no faults. While the game series may not be for everyone, it's a huge improvement over the first game. How is it better? Well, it has: a more interesting storyline, entertain characters which you slowly attach to, better camera controls and much more. This was the first game I ever played in the Kingdom Hearts franchise and while it didn't all make sense at first I went out and bought all the other titles in the franchise to fill in those missing gaps and since I have been attached to the franchise unable to let go. I can't wait for the recently announced third installment for PS4 and XBOX ONE. Expand
  83. Sep 12, 2013
    When I first imagined putting Disney characters in a mix with the awesome franchise that is Final Fantasy I was very nervous. The two just don't seem like they would combine well together at all but somehow it has been done and it is PERFECT. This is easily the best Kingdom Hearts game and one of the best games available on PlayStation 2. The game is beautiful, the characters are lovable,When I first imagined putting Disney characters in a mix with the awesome franchise that is Final Fantasy I was very nervous. The two just don't seem like they would combine well together at all but somehow it has been done and it is PERFECT. This is easily the best Kingdom Hearts game and one of the best games available on PlayStation 2. The game is beautiful, the characters are lovable, the story is interesting and the game play is addictive. I have to say that i thoroughly enjoy traveling to the different worlds and defeating classic Disney bad guys and interacting with all of the classic characters. Some parts of the game can be frustratingly difficult (Organization XIII members mostly!) but hey, this is a Square Enix game! The only negative is that only some of the characters have their original voice actors from their movie counterparts. Some replacements are sound accurate but some (Jack Sparrow being the most obvious) sound nothing like they should. There was a clear sign of no Johnny Depp and his stand-in is painful to listen to. But overall a classic game! Simply a must have! Roll on Kingdom Hearts III! Expand
  84. Sep 25, 2013
    After loving the first Kingdom Hearts so much, I was so excited when I found out they were making a sequel. I waited for so long for this game and was not disappointed. It is a great game with all new characters and new Disney worlds to visit. The storyline is also fantastic and links Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts:Chain of memories. I also LOVED that they finally added The Lion King'sAfter loving the first Kingdom Hearts so much, I was so excited when I found out they were making a sequel. I waited for so long for this game and was not disappointed. It is a great game with all new characters and new Disney worlds to visit. The storyline is also fantastic and links Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts:Chain of memories. I also LOVED that they finally added The Lion King's world to the game. I just loved being able to play as a lion. Also, being able to see Sora, Riku, and Kairi after they've grown some was really cool as well. Not to mention the ending was real nice and satisfying. Expand
  85. Dec 15, 2013
    this is one hell of an awesome game. if you can find this game cheap take the opportunity to get it. its that good. im sure you will enjoy i (unless your not a fan of disney or final fantasy)
  86. Jan 23, 2014
    Kingdom Hearts II is one of the best RPGs I've ever played hands down. It deserves all the hype and recognition it gets. The story is absolutely amazing, the characters are unforgettable, and the battle system is a vast improvement over the first game. There are some new worlds and some old ones. The new worlds are based off of quite amazing Disney classics such as Mulan and The Lion King.Kingdom Hearts II is one of the best RPGs I've ever played hands down. It deserves all the hype and recognition it gets. The story is absolutely amazing, the characters are unforgettable, and the battle system is a vast improvement over the first game. There are some new worlds and some old ones. The new worlds are based off of quite amazing Disney classics such as Mulan and The Lion King. Which is definitely wonderful for me since I'm a big, longtime Disney fan. There are also various characters from the Final Fantasy franchise. Some will be your allies and some will be your enemies. The battle system has definitely changed a lot from the first game and rightfully so due to how frustrating the controls and camera were. The system in this game is easier to use and has all kinds of nifty new features that you will definitely love.

The story in this game will confuse you at first and starts off rather slow and sluggish which may even turn you off but things soon heat up and you'll find yourself immersed and spellbound by the game! You'll be so drawn into it that you'll be disappointed when it's over. Very disappointed. There are several mini-games/side quests in the game that you can do and they are actually quite good and borderline addictive. Even if some of them are slightly cheesy. The boss battles are as climactic as they come and you might find yourself getting several Game Overs which will prove to be frustrating and downright annoying.

As for music, it is perfection. No other word can describe it. The music for each world will remind you of the Disney film it's based on and if you're a Disney fan, it'll be nostalgia overload for you. The theme song Sanctuary (or Passion in Japanese) is wonderful and you'll want to listen to it over and over again. The voice acting is also perfection. With an all-star voice cast and most of the characters having their actors reprised from their source material, you won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately the game is a one-hit wonder due to having no replay value. But it's so amazing that you'll want to play it again! Overall, Kingdom Hearts II is amazing and it should definitely be in your collection! If you haven't played this game, you haven't lived!
  87. Feb 23, 2014
    if you have not played this game go out buy it and play it from start to finish now its a must must play game for hard core gamers and casual gamers i crown this game best game ever and any one who says a differ will have to show me physical proof that this game is not a master piece sure theres a few bad things but the good things overwelm the bad things so much so you forget about theif you have not played this game go out buy it and play it from start to finish now its a must must play game for hard core gamers and casual gamers i crown this game best game ever and any one who says a differ will have to show me physical proof that this game is not a master piece sure theres a few bad things but the good things overwelm the bad things so much so you forget about the problems in the game Expand
  88. Mar 3, 2014
    Great characters and music, awesome boss fights. This is one of the most memorable games I have ever played even though its doesn't have the replay value of something with multiplayer. This game makes me smile whenever I play it.
  89. Jun 20, 2014
    Not only is this the best game made by Square Enix, it's quite possibly the best game of all time. Great story, great gameplay, well designed fighting mechanics, awesome background music, and absolutely lovable characters. Long story short, it was practically a perfect game.
  90. May 2, 2014
    This is my best kingdom hearts and my best playstation 2 games it excelent advanture games for everyone and it's excellent because more Disney worlds to explore.
  91. Jul 5, 2016
    If you're a real fan of video games, then this is a must-play before you die. It features incredible combat mechanics, knockout graphics, epic boss battles, and a great story, making it one of the best games I've ever played.
  92. Jun 24, 2014
    That's one of the most epic and incredible game on PlayStation ;3 I LOVE IT.In this game i hate only tutorial which is too long buy it's part of storyline so i can understand this .
  93. Nov 9, 2014
    I love that they put cool stuff then from the first one. 10/10 to this game. There is some mild childish stuff, but still a awesome game. The best game in the series. The controls are very easy and they made battling more funner, because you can do some funny stuff to defeat heartless with/at the heartless. This game has amazing graffics, Amazing animation, and the world map is AMAZING!!!I love that they put cool stuff then from the first one. 10/10 to this game. There is some mild childish stuff, but still a awesome game. The best game in the series. The controls are very easy and they made battling more funner, because you can do some funny stuff to defeat heartless with/at the heartless. This game has amazing graffics, Amazing animation, and the world map is AMAZING!!! They made the building a gunny ship easier. this is worth the money!! This is a good game for a KH fan. Expand
  94. Oct 5, 2014
    kingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws inkingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws in kingdom hearts 1 (they explain almost nothing about what you have to do, which i like, but dont make me talk twice to a character without telling me i have to talk to her again after a cutscene) Expand
  95. Nov 24, 2015
    This is the game I grew up with, this is my favourite game to EVER exist on this PLANET, and it is the only half linear game i have play for more than 250hrs!!!

I do sound like a fanboy but I promise you all this game is worth it. The graphics for the time of release was spectacular and the gameplay is much more complex than the first game. The story is probably most disappointing

I do sound like a fanboy but I promise you all this game is worth it.

The graphics for the time of release was spectacular and the gameplay is much more complex than the first game. The story is probably most disappointing but that is mainly because most people haven't played the other games in the series.

PROS:
    Amazing graphics
    Heavy emotion
    Large variety of enemies
    Most worlds out of any Kingdom Hearts games
    Difficult bosses (if you play on the harder difficulties)
    Multiple epic moments during the game (Like come on, if defeating 1000 heartless at once isn't epic well then I don't know what is)
    Good balancing with delay between dodge rolls, and uses for every attack
    Adverse environment
    Lovable and relatable characters
    Lots of stuff to do (completing the journal, finding all the chests, reaching lv100, forging the ultimate weapon, ect. ect.)
    Smooth mechanics (everything feels as if it is actually happening)
    Very well done voice acting (most of the time)
    Damn the drive forms (changes up the gameplay a fair bit, and another thing to do! Lv them up!)
    User friendly menu with a simple but effective display)
    Gummi ship missions DRAMATICALLY improved from the first game
    Gummi ship maker menu DRAMATICALLY improved from the first game
    Massive variety of equipment including armor, accessories, potions and weapons
    The synthesis has been improved since the first game
    There are so many things you can make by synthesizing (hey guess what you can lv this up as well! =D)
    Better Magic set up compared to the first game
    Better enemy health bars (more obvious what % health they are on)
    Limit commands, just adds more variety and also is very helpful on harder difficulties
    Extra variant of enemies: the nobodies

OKAY I'LL STOP, lets get on with the negatives

CONS:
    Atlantica world (although i liked it for some reason i know pretty much everyone hated it)
    gummi ship missions still need improvement
    Could be a harder game (fixed in Final Mix version, with a harder difficulty setting and the ability to cap your lv at 1)
    More hidden bosses (once again fixed in Final Mix version, added 20 new bosses!!! YES 20!)
    simple gameplay (compared to KH1, it is about 10x more complex)

That is all i can think of, I literally sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of another fault, but sorry nothing.
  96. Aug 9, 2015
    "Video games make kids stupid." - every whiny parent alive. BS. This game is fukin poetry, and beauty at it's finest. The only video game to ever make me cry. 10/10 Best game of all time
  97. Aug 12, 2015
    If you have anything bad to say about this game then please... PLEASE get the hell away from my beloved Kingdom Hearts and go back to 360 no scoping in COD. This is a nice thing so no touching.. This is not for you.
    Now onto the review. This game is amazing. I had waited what felt like an eternity to see the next chapter in this amazing series. The game play was more fluid, the drive forms added a nice new aspect to it. The reaction commands made for eye candy visual attacks. The major bosses like ORG13, Sephiroth and Lingering Will presented great challenges. What's such a nice little Easter egg to these games is how so much is made clear in future titles and you slowly realise that the entire story has been planned out ahead. Even this game had references to Dream Drop Distance. A game that wasn't even announced until 6 years later. It's the little touches like this along captivating story unveiling before you that makes this game great... And with the many moments to tug on heart strings too it's a brilliant sequel to one of the best games ever made.
  98. Aug 28, 2015
    This game is a masterpiece that I grew up playing. The combination of gameplay, story, visuals and everything else is just great, and perfectly done. Easily my favorite Kingom Hearts game alongside Birth By Sleep.
  99. Oct 6, 2015
    An excellent sequel, it is also on my list of the best games ever. The story was amazing as were the characters. The worlds are bigger and better. The game features many talented voice actors and actresses.
  100. Feb 19, 2016
    Just love, LOVE, U GOTA LOVE KH2, if u don't love kh2 u don't love it, JUST DO IT, MAKE U DREAMS COME TRU JUST DO IT JUST DO IT JUST DO IT JUST DO IT JUST DO IT

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. An all around excellent game. It looks phenomenal and plays even better. What started out as a crazy fan based experiment for Square-Enix has panned out to one of the most entertaining titles of the year. [JPN Import]
    From the amazing opening cg cinema (oh god, I think I just soiled myself it was so good) with Utada Hikaru's newest song, Passion, to the kick ass ending, this game rocked and set itself a more than worthy successor to the first Kingdom Hearts. [JPN Import]
  3. It has an excellent battle system, more variety than almost any game out there, great graphics, and an interesting story. The title isn't perfect though. The story lacks a bit of cohesiveness and the auto-camera still can't seem to track everything that's going on. [JPN Import]