9.0

1. Oct 27, 2013
    This my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version inThis my favorite kingdom hearts game and maybe one of my favorite games of all time. and a improvement from kingdom hearts 1. the battle system is better, the areas are bigger, although i do think it lacks extra content when compared to kingdom hearts 1. the final mix version fixes that problem, the final mix version has only been released in japan, but there will be an english version in the kingdom hearts 2.5 HD remix coming soon. but although the game lacks extra content, it has lots of replay value, i think i played this game over 10 times when i had it. the game just pulls you in and you don't want to stop playing. kingdom hearts is one of the best crossovers ever made. Expand
  2. Jun 24, 2014
    That's one of the most epic and incredible game on PlayStation ;3 I LOVE IT.In this game i hate only tutorial which is too long buy it's part of storyline so i can understand this .
  3. Oct 5, 2014
    kingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws inkingdom hearts 2 is one of the best games i played in my life, the story fits so well together, if you look at the other games, and how huge the story is, it is a miracle that there is almost no plot-holes, the fighting style isn't just pressing a button, its about deflecting and guarding when you have to and get a strategy so you won't get your ass whooped! it improved all the flaws in kingdom hearts 1 (they explain almost nothing about what you have to do, which i like, but dont make me talk twice to a character without telling me i have to talk to her again after a cutscene) Expand
  4. Dec 30, 2014
    Kingdom Hearts 2 manages to fix the problems of the first game and, as a whole, makes the experience better. However, the game suffers through its story, dialogue, and Atlantica in general. It's still a wonderful game that's a lot of fun.
  5. DerekS.
    Mar 28, 2006
    this is what you need to be playing.
  6. Apr 11, 2011
    Kingdom Heart II is better than its predecessor. Pros: Excellent use of action-RPG and platforming elements, improved controls, graphics, and visual effect, and more Disney worlds to explore. Cons: Only for viewers who have played the previous games and starts out with a dull 3 hour long tutorial.
  7. Alex
    Apr 7, 2006
    surpasses the original in nearly every way. there are some flaws here and there, but they don't really take a whole lot away from an otherwise spectacular game. the worlds, while plentiful, don't seem quite as deep as in the first, and a few worlds don't take much more than a hour a peice to complete a chapter. the game's difficulty does tend to drift from easy to surpasses the original in nearly every way. there are some flaws here and there, but they don't really take a whole lot away from an otherwise spectacular game. the worlds, while plentiful, don't seem quite as deep as in the first, and a few worlds don't take much more than a hour a peice to complete a chapter. the game's difficulty does tend to drift from easy to rather tricky (such as a few of the Organization XIII battles), and some sections feel a little like space-fillers (the 1000 Heartless battle). the graphics are pretty, but some of the character animations (eg. Jack Sparrow's running), and some of the facial animations (particularily the mouth movements) are choppy and awkward, and star to take away from the overall immersion factor after a while. and while the game does have an E10+ rating, the drifting difficulty and some of the storyline's concepts will probably make this game appeal more to teen audiences more than anything else. but the game is fun (and surprisingly addicting), and the new Drive feature is sweet (two keyblades, who can ask for more?). some of the worlds are down-right spectacular (special kudos to SquareEnix for the Tron world), and there are tons of side-stuffs to do. a definite buy. overall 9.2 out of 10. Expand
  8. DanielMcGarry
    Dec 21, 2006
    Many people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a bookMany people say that this game is just about bashing X to get through it all but the game has SO much more than that. People are so picky they won't think of even buying the game just because of the childrens charecters in it. Myself included at first i thought "this must be rubbish" i tried it, and BOOM it has to be one of the best games i have ever played. Don't judge a book buy its cover Expand
  9. JohannY.
    Oct 9, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, Kingdom Hearts has been known for its intriguing Square-Disney chemistry, star-studded character voices, and notable storyline.. Since its debut, massive fans were created all over the globe and now that a PS2 sequel was finally released, fans were generally mesmerized once more upon the improvement on gameplay elements and the story composition just to name a few.. Better fight scenes, better dialogue, more cool characters.. This game is phenomenal.. Can't wait for the next.. You have to be a Square and/or Disney fan to appreciate this..Hardcore action gamers won't be able to get it. Expand
  10. MartinK.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Three simple words, Best Game Ever. Nothing even compares tot he supremacy and excellence of this game. Nothing has been this good, nor will it ever be. The story is complex, interesting and amazing while the gameplay mirrors that. P.S IGN is completely wrong, i think they should realize how much at fault they are.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Im getting this game for my birthday today I cant wait to get it it souns awesome.
  12. DeonS.
    May 23, 2006
    This game is just perfect for the rpg lover like me this is the best sequel EVER!
  13. AnthonyU.
    Jun 11, 2006
    This game is so amazing! I couldn't put the controler down till I was finished! The graphics were awesome, the sound was great, the controls have no flaws, and the overall game was SO cool! If you don't have this game, PLEASE, do yourself a favor and go get it, NOW!
  14. Sora&Kairi
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is AWESOME! I like Sora and Kairi's new outfits. The funniest thing about this game is summoning Chicken Little.
  15. JasmineW.
    Apr 7, 2007
    This game is the best I don't think any game can top it (well maybe until the 3rd Kingdom Hearts comes out) everyone I know who plays it is totaly addited to it!
  16. ConanL.
    Mar 30, 2006
    Astonishing! The long wait was worth it for an incredible game like this.
  17. PabloRodriguez
    Mar 30, 2006
    part one was the gretest game ever....until part 2. it was so good that my mom almost let me stay home from school to play it and she was definatly convinced that it was the best game ever. YOU MUST BUY THIS GAME!! GRAPHICS CHRACTERS STORY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY the BATTLE WAS AWESOME!!...must buy for pS2.
  18. BonbonA.
    Mar 31, 2006
    The story is simply amazing. The first original Kingdom Hearts was excellent, but this.. is just perfect.
  19. SteveT.
    Mar 30, 2006
    A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see A fantastic game so far, great graphics Alll though I am saddened that had to stop playing Oblivion (my 360 took a dump and is off for repair). Kingdom Hearts II fills that little hole in my heart quite nicely. Any fan of FF or Disney will be thrilled with this game. I learned my lesson from the last time. Kingdom Hearts is for everyone, not just kids. Just don't let your friends see you in the Winnie the Pooh world. It is hard to explain to your other adult friends and relatives why you are playing a game that appears to be for a three year old.(I think Pooh rules, but I would get slugged for admitting it) Other than that get this game if you need some PS2 greatness before PS3 comes out. I also recomend getting the limited edtion guide while you can. It is Shwagtastic! Expand
  20. JosephB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    it is the best game i have played in the longest time the sequel is better than the original and it has a boost of action i love it.
  21. TylerD.
    Apr 12, 2006
    Amazing. This game reminded me of why I love video games.
  22. AnthonyC.
    Apr 13, 2006
    This Game is the best action rpg i played sense KOTOR becouse it is full of action and has a deap syntasis system and the overall story is good.
  23. Cameron
    Apr 15, 2006
    This game is amazing, the idsney, the fighting, the actions, the guests, the limits and drives, it rocks! If you don't already have this game, GET IT NOW! You won't be wasting your money.
  24. BenF.
    Apr 17, 2006
    This is the best one yet.This game rocks a lot. It is super enjoyable. This game is even better than the original one. Buy it. It is awesome
  25. DanielM.
    Apr 2, 2006
    I would have liked a more challenging game, with larger worlds. I feel like all of the worlds are no more than three or four rooms. Other than that, it is an amazing, story driven game that I will love forever.
  26. AlexL.
    Apr 22, 2006
    A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they A little heavy on the cutscenes, but gameplay has been vastly improved over that of the first game. It is a rare game that will keep me absorbed for 50+ hours, but KH2 definitely pulls it off. I was definitely put off by the Square/Disney concept when I heard about the original game, but this is a series that is set to go down in RPG history with the likes of Dragon Quest and FF if they continue to play their cards right like this. Expand
  27. ChrisC.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Its fantastic, The story is amazing, the gameplay is fantastic and it's all well meshed together. The gameplay is varied and the voice acting for the most part is great. My only complaint is the constant load times but they are forgivable once you get in.
  28. CD
    Apr 3, 2006
    Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall Being a gigantic fan of series, and having beaten the original and GBA games something like 5 times each, I was definetly excited for this game. I had read preveiws, and seen clips on TV. With al the hye, natutrally, my expectations were set high. I received the game the seond it was avalible to me. Kingdom Hearts 2 includes an incredible amount of small things that add to the overall expeirence. things I noticed include, the camera adjustments, moogle shops at each level, an improved gummi ship game, drive mode, limit abilities, reaction commands, and adjustments you can make to make donald and goofy suit your style. I played about 8 hours, and I was stunned. The graphics had improved by leaps and bounds. This was not a problem with the original, but after seeing next gen quality I was afraid KH2 could not compare. No worries there. Not only that but the game had tons of new features. The added limits, reaction comands, and drive modes are all woundefully added into the now nearly flawless battle system. The camera is now attached to the right analog stick, making a giant improvment on the previous installment. Kingdom Hearts incredible mini games also return to this game. One example is the return of the colisium. The colisium is now destroyed, and a new one has opened in the under world. Each world seems to have it's own unique mini games. (Most were not optional, witch is a disappointment.) Most KH fans will notice something new about the gummi ship as soon as they veiw the world map. Instead of constant battles, you chose a gate in witch you'd like to open, and battle through it once. This opens the gate and allows for you to move through it freely. These gummi battles still take place on tracks, but now you fight enemies on lands, in the air, and fight "bosses" that literally fill up the whole screen. Once defeating one gummi battle, you can return to it to raise your high score, and unlock new gummi parts. Kingdom hearts 2 goes well beyond expectations. This game is nearly flawless, and continues to tell the Amazing story of Sora the keyblade weilder. I searched for years inbetween KH1 and KH2 for something like it to keep me occupied during the vacancy, and was unable to find anything. This is a one of a kind series, and will hopefully make a return with Kingdom Hearts 3. 10 out of 10. Perfect. Expand
  29. Hugh
    Apr 3, 2006
    easily the best game of 2006. in amny ways better than the first, and this is just within the fisrt few hours of gameplay. if u like disney, square, or both, this is for you. if you dont lie, either, u still ghet immersed as this game can appeal to anyone who likes games. this is a must but for anyone who plays games or intends to play in the near future.
  30. RoyL.
    Apr 4, 2006
    The gameplay is much improved from the first.With the new action button (triangle) it gives you much more fun. (my favorit slaying the hydra).
  31. georgeP.
    Apr 8, 2006
    this game is the best next to the original.
  32. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    This game is the best game ever. if you are looking for somthing different, or new or just somthing fun, this game will take you into another world.
  33. Toaman1994
    May 10, 2006
    This is the best game. EVAR!!! Okay, okay, okay. Only for PS2...It's still REALLY GOOD!!! Seriously. If you don't have this game, buy it now. And if you don't have a PS2, buy one. Then, buy this game.
  34. BobQ.
    May 21, 2006
    It started out with a little adventure game and now it unraveled into an incredible new game. I'll have to say this game is alot better than the first and they should keep going with the series of Kingdom Hearts.
  35. ChristineP.
    Jun 19, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II is one of the best video games I have ever played on PS2. The camera is much improved since the first game. Although it lacks some interest in the story compared to the first, Kingdom Hearts II is still great, and it keeps you playing even after it's ending.
  36. SangheeJ.
    Jun 7, 2006
    This game is amazing. My brother plays all the time, and I even enjoy watching the game. Its great special effects, and its amazing characters catch the eye and suspense. You get attachted to all the characters, and the movies and plot twists are all amazing. Even incorporating all those amazing movies did well. The only problem that I can find is that all the moves are spelled out for This game is amazing. My brother plays all the time, and I even enjoy watching the game. Its great special effects, and its amazing characters catch the eye and suspense. You get attachted to all the characters, and the movies and plot twists are all amazing. Even incorporating all those amazing movies did well. The only problem that I can find is that all the moves are spelled out for you, and there is almost no room for error. Its kind of irritating. Maybe if you go to ther harder modes that goes away, but in standard mode, its easy enough for me to do during SAT week. Otherwise, you care about the characters, the plot is interesting, and the graphics are amazing, Recommended game. Expand
  37. TrevorB.
    Jun 8, 2006
    it was the best game i've played. the graphics where the best ever. sora, kairi, riku, and any other character matured a lot and that made the game connect to teens like me. at first i thought it was going to be bad with all the kid disney stuff but it acuatly had a lot of cool battles without any kid stuff.
  38. Me
    Aug 3, 2006
    i give a 10 and screw anyone who does otherwise i must have played it for 4 hrs and just gotten Sora butt it was fun.
  39. Dragondude
    Jan 10, 2007
    I think it had a great story line. But theres to much talking. I know you can skip it but then you just miss a bunch of explanations.
  40. JoeyV
    Oct 20, 2009
    Great, but not as good as the original. The story is still fantastic, and the gameplay was revved up a bit more, but it still didn't have the charm of the original. The ending boss fight is great, and the CG's are beautiful. (The opening in particular.)
  41. AnonymousMC
    Aug 25, 2009
    This game was a definite step up from KH1, with the action button taking away from the button mashing, and a longer mp bar. The story is still a bit kid-cheesy, but you can always skip the cutscenes (not available in KH1, you had to watch ALL of them). The graphics are also a couple steps up from KH1 and the camera has a WAY better functionality. The secret ending leaves you a bitThis game was a definite step up from KH1, with the action button taking away from the button mashing, and a longer mp bar. The story is still a bit kid-cheesy, but you can always skip the cutscenes (not available in KH1, you had to watch ALL of them). The graphics are also a couple steps up from KH1 and the camera has a WAY better functionality. The secret ending leaves you a bit confused, though, and is nothing to keep trying for Expand
  42. Roxas
    Jan 23, 2010
    The story, the enemy design, the music, the action, everything's awesome. If you've played the first one, than this will blow your mind!! It is a million-billion-trillion-bazillion times better. It will blow your mind. The combat is button mashing, but it's some of the best button mashing ever with the insane customizable combos and best enemy design in video games, even The story, the enemy design, the music, the action, everything's awesome. If you've played the first one, than this will blow your mind!! It is a million-billion-trillion-bazillion times better. It will blow your mind. The combat is button mashing, but it's some of the best button mashing ever with the insane customizable combos and best enemy design in video games, even better than Bayonetta. The story is superb. Dont let the Disney characters fool you, this is the real deal. Expand
  43. TravisF.
    Apr 11, 2006
    Kingdom hearts 2 has to be one of best games i have ever played in my life! The graphics are almost perfect I love the controls.Also the way they mix Disney with Square-Enix is just so creative.
  44. JoshT.
    Apr 11, 2006
    i thought that the first KH was awesome but this one blows it outta the water.
  45. AlexG.
    Jul 18, 2006
    i loved this game. i could not stop playing it! beautiful story, fun, interesting characters and amazing gameplay.
  46. Jun 12, 2011
    Definitely better than the first Kingdom Hearts in both gameplay and story. It's darker and even has certain moments that could be considered epic, even though they have characters that would make us laugh as kids (Goofy and Donald and other Disney toons). The battles at times in this can be extremely long, but to an extent that's what makes it all so fun- it wants you to take your time,Definitely better than the first Kingdom Hearts in both gameplay and story. It's darker and even has certain moments that could be considered epic, even though they have characters that would make us laugh as kids (Goofy and Donald and other Disney toons). The battles at times in this can be extremely long, but to an extent that's what makes it all so fun- it wants you to take your time, plus there's a vast amount of things you can do to get better at fighting. Despite it's E-Rating, this is a pretty mature game and that's why I found more to enjoy in its subject matter, though it still suffers some of the flaws of the first game. Expand
  47. Nov 18, 2011
    Squareenix brings back the players to the Kingdom Hearts universe which includes Disney and Final Fantasy characters. The sequel consists of even a more epic and dark storyline than the first, although some of the worlds from the first game are included and seem to be a rehash, there are different routes and locations. The game also includes new worlds, new enemies, new characters, and newSquareenix brings back the players to the Kingdom Hearts universe which includes Disney and Final Fantasy characters. The sequel consists of even a more epic and dark storyline than the first, although some of the worlds from the first game are included and seem to be a rehash, there are different routes and locations. The game also includes new worlds, new enemies, new characters, and new music. This game is worth getting! Expand
  48. Rol
    Apr 1, 2006
    Great production values, but what a silly childish game for anyone over 12. This is not the way forward, a polished backward leap. Japanese designers ( alot of them anyway) need to advance beyond their cutesy culture and get gaming into the mainstream with more challenging stories and game mechanics. It's in no way a bad game just ridiculously young in scope. IGN review is bang on.
  49. FFIXlove
    Apr 14, 2008
    As much as I love Disney I could not get into this game. KH1 was a mildly fun game with challenging battles and a respectable (but cheesy) storyline. KH2 on the other hand (for adults) is just an easy, boring button masher. The plot is a mess and the script is hit and miss - one would have thought that with all the Disney connected opportunities the plot would have been more interesting - As much as I love Disney I could not get into this game. KH1 was a mildly fun game with challenging battles and a respectable (but cheesy) storyline. KH2 on the other hand (for adults) is just an easy, boring button masher. The plot is a mess and the script is hit and miss - one would have thought that with all the Disney connected opportunities the plot would have been more interesting - but its not. There are however some good Disney cameos such as Mushu's, to go with the poor ones such as Capt Jack Sparrow's (his entry was plain dull). Final Fantasy characters were cool, Vivi was nice to see but they completely screwed his character up. Overall, its just very underwhelming. The huge opportunities this combination could provide just havent been exploited. Well, at least SE still makes Final Fantasy. Those games never fail to impress me (Ignoring FFX-2 + FFXI). Dragon Quest is good as well. So, in conclusion, while KH2 does have some unmistakable charm its kiddy, boring and absurd parts make it a journey not worth taking. Expand
  50. Sep 21, 2012
    Seriously, IF you have anything good to say about this game then say what so good about it. I can't give it less than 5 beacuse it ain't a total waste of playing though I rather play trough the previous Kingdom Hearts that actually was fun. Belive it or not but ut was less butt mashing on X and Triangle. You actually used your block. In this game you just grind trough an endless waves ofSeriously, IF you have anything good to say about this game then say what so good about it. I can't give it less than 5 beacuse it ain't a total waste of playing though I rather play trough the previous Kingdom Hearts that actually was fun. Belive it or not but ut was less butt mashing on X and Triangle. You actually used your block. In this game you just grind trough an endless waves of mobs hoping you at least get to the next "decent "cutscene. Still I like the somewhat nostalgic and still childish feature about this game. Like the cheesy story line but Voice acting imo are much better in Japanease. (As in all other dubbed video games) The Camera are much better than the last game but gameplay are less fun, less challenging. Still hope that the next game will be a mix of both this and the previous one. Expand
  51. DavidF.
    Jun 26, 2007
    As disappointing as it was easy KH2 fails to live up to what I thought it would be. The designers took out the exploring and the challenge of the first game and replaced them with flashy graphics and unneeded abilities. Obviously they decided to focus the game on a younger audience.
  52. DylanC.
    Jul 7, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts two was a disappointment and utter failure. If you don't own a gameboy andvanced with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, this game will make no sence at all. It lacked both story and excitement unlike the first. Kingdom Hearts (the Origional) was a spark of geneous and insperation that has obviously left the creators of the game. A sudden puberty stuck Haley Joel Kingdom Hearts two was a disappointment and utter failure. If you don't own a gameboy andvanced with Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, this game will make no sence at all. It lacked both story and excitement unlike the first. Kingdom Hearts (the Origional) was a spark of geneous and insperation that has obviously left the creators of the game. A sudden puberty stuck Haley Joel Osment made listening to the main character, Sora, litterally unbarable. Although the graphics may have improved a little; it didn't make a big impact. Hopefully Square can compensate for Kingdom Hearts II's failure to meet many fans' expectations. Better luck next time I guess? Expand
  53. Oct 6, 2013
    If you're a fan of Square and KH1, don't play KH2.

If you're a fan of Square and KH1, don't play KH2.

Explanation: KH1 had challenge and was well designed, as for KH2 the design is that of a child. Streamlined, repetitive, and cinematic crazed. If you want to play KH2 save yourself 18 hours and just watch a Disney flick, it's easier and less painful. Any true gamer, which is a gamer over the age of 18, whom doesn't sit and play "Halo" or COD:MW", real gamer I can't stress this enough, should avoid this game like ET for the 2600. If you're getting it for a child? Cool, do that. But know this, when that child grows older they will learn that you don't love them. Good day.
  54. JackMehoff
    Jun 3, 2006
    I gave it a zero because today is opposite day! If it were any other i would talk about how great this game is but not today. I hate this game because it has a great story line and mind boggeling graphics. The game is to short it only took me a month to beat and I hate all of the great characters. Please take not it is opposite day! Thank You
  55. Mar 10, 2011
    Terrible game.How can anybody say they liked this?If you played the first KH this is nothing like that the whole series keeps taking big stupid needless twists and turns that are not even interesting and do nothing to improve the story much less teach you anything or really entertain you:It's super easy you could almost get through the whole thing with the stick and the X button.I haveTerrible game.How can anybody say they liked this?If you played the first KH this is nothing like that the whole series keeps taking big stupid needless twists and turns that are not even interesting and do nothing to improve the story much less teach you anything or really entertain you:It's super easy you could almost get through the whole thing with the stick and the X button.I have played every game in the series at least once because you can't knock'em till you tried 'em but I'm not buying anymore until they fix the whole thing. But I think most of the people who still REALLY like this are the same people(kids...I hope)who really like that anime crap I got into some pretty long arguements with some kids on youtube and they like that anime crap so telling them it sucks is the same as telling them it's good they don't care if it sucks they just want to play what their freinds are playing.So this game probably won't get any better as long as kids keep buying it but that doesn't mean it can't get better because I like FF/Disney stuff but this is neither of those things it's like the video game version of a japanese pop song there are parts when if you have an imagination your like"why did they do that? This sucks."A perfect example amongst others is riku turning into ansem there is no real reason for this to happen it just does and it's stupid and makes the story even more meaningless.I hope people stop buying these so maybe square will get it's act together and make another good one.It's pretty simple if it sounds stupid or is meaningless leave it out,increase the difficullty so I can make the game really hard if I want to,bring back real FF characters and worlds and make the story universally interesting and this series could eventually be one of the memorable classic greats. Expand
  56. IvyM.
    May 21, 2006
    am i the only gamer out there that feels ripped off? i can't believe more people aren't offended by the spoonfed gameplay. button mashing, watching cinamatics and having every singal move you make dictated to you are all you get to do in this game. it's dissapointing and annoying. if i taped the x button to my dog's paw, he could beat this game. i am so glad i am i the only gamer out there that feels ripped off? i can't believe more people aren't offended by the spoonfed gameplay. button mashing, watching cinamatics and having every singal move you make dictated to you are all you get to do in this game. it's dissapointing and annoying. if i taped the x button to my dog's paw, he could beat this game. i am so glad i didn't buy it. Expand
  57. Joe
    Jul 8, 2006
    If you love singing along at the little mermaid stage and fighting cartoons next to Chicken Little this game is for you! I tell ya rated E 10+ is not my game for action! Go play Halo 2 you bunch of Disney wimps!
  58. judsonS.
    Jan 27, 2010
    This is the GREATEST game ive ever played its been four years since it came out and i still love it to death I recommend to buy this game it is better than the first in pretty much every way Birth by Sleep cant come sooner!
  59. Tenoko
    Oct 27, 2005
    Disney meets Final Fantasy... again. ^_^ The only reason I bought the first one was becaue of the fact that it had FF characters in it, plus I saw one of the commercials and nearly fell in love. I bet the original with like two weeks, getting little no sleep. haha. Anyways, this one can only compliment the original further, and if not we always have the post sequel. ^_^
  60. JeffM.
    Mar 27, 2006
    incredible! this game flows smoother than... reayl smoothly flowy thing. 2 thumbs way up.
  61. NathanD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    A great game! I only started playing this morning, and I can say it was well worth the wait. One of the best sequels I've ever played, and one of the best PS2 games available!
  62. MikeL.
    Mar 29, 2006
    This game is so fun i started playing it today and i just cant stop, i love the storyline
  63. DickD
    Mar 31, 2006
    Decent story. Good presentation. But fighting is boring. All you do is tap X over and over. The enemys never even get harder throughout the game. The game is linear too. Its a above average hack and slash game. Don't buy this game just rent it. Trust me this game is NOT worth playing twice. Go out and buy Oblivion, it's way better then this game.
  64. BradZ.
    Mar 31, 2006
    this games has a great story line the jumping around in the cut sceens really keeps you alert.The boss battles are differnt now with timing is a great addtion to the game. Instead of the ald runnig around and trying to find a weakness you can fight with style and injoy a awsome cutsceen while you battle the bosses.
  65. BrandenB.
    Mar 31, 2006
    No game I have ever played has ever effected me like this one. With spectacular gameplay and an amazing story, Kingdom Hearts 2 is definately one of the (if not) the greatest game of our time.
  66. MikeS.
    Apr 1, 2006
    Not the best game ever! Or even the best game of the year so far. But regardless, KH2 is easily one of the best of it's kind. Be prepared for a lengthy story through almost every notable Disney movie ever. And story is where Kingdom Hearts 2 excels- it has some shocking revalations. Now, where this game falls short is gameplay. Overall it is painfully easy and simple. Well, if you Not the best game ever! Or even the best game of the year so far. But regardless, KH2 is easily one of the best of it's kind. Be prepared for a lengthy story through almost every notable Disney movie ever. And story is where Kingdom Hearts 2 excels- it has some shocking revalations. Now, where this game falls short is gameplay. Overall it is painfully easy and simple. Well, if you were already a fan of the series, gameplay issues won't change your mind. If you're not a fan, give it a try, because this is as good as the series gets... for now. Expand
  67. MarissaB.
    Apr 11, 2006
    i am a big fan of all the work they have put into of making all the kingdom hearts. i enjoy playing them.
  68. HomerS.
    Apr 18, 2006
    This game is one of the best i have ever played. it has a great storyline and hooked me right at the begining. i dont normally play video games that much because i am busy with college and hoping to get a masters in biology.Even with my school work i find time to play this game. It is a very promising sequel to the ever popular first one. I was kind of frustrated at the beggining with This game is one of the best i have ever played. it has a great storyline and hooked me right at the begining. i dont normally play video games that much because i am busy with college and hoping to get a masters in biology.Even with my school work i find time to play this game. It is a very promising sequel to the ever popular first one. I was kind of frustrated at the beggining with Roxas because of the lack of disney characters (gotta have donald and goofy) one downside to this game is that it seems like you spend more time watching it than playing because of all the cinematic events, but overall i thin this is one of the best i have ever played. Expand
  69. SamuelP.
    Apr 2, 2006
    Kingdom Hearts II is definitely one of the best releases of 2006. It has a lovely storyline that will entice the gamer all the way to the end of the game, and it will keep them coming back for more. The fact that there is a lot to do in the game will keep the player wanting to see more of the game, and they will find more as the story progresses. The music and the detail in the game are Kingdom Hearts II is definitely one of the best releases of 2006. It has a lovely storyline that will entice the gamer all the way to the end of the game, and it will keep them coming back for more. The fact that there is a lot to do in the game will keep the player wanting to see more of the game, and they will find more as the story progresses. The music and the detail in the game are both excellent, and it is definitely an improvement from the first game in the series. The plot twists and awesome controls will make the player feel like they are actually in the game. If I were to only buy one game in 2006, this is the game that I would choose. Nicely done square enix. Collapse
  70. JordanR.
    Apr 22, 2006
    This game lacked..... some things, like the worlds to small and basically i was diasppointed.
  71. EmmanuelG.
    Apr 27, 2006
    This game is better than the first because you have better combos, more ability points boost, and have new abilities and all of them rock. Oh and Sepheroth is alot harder and still does Sin's wrath so becareful.
  72. Sammi&Khari
    Apr 3, 2006
    I have no complaints about this game...It was soooooo cool!!! Cain't wait for the third one.
  73. KaiK.
    Apr 3, 2006
    This game is great there should be another one.
  74. ChrisE.
    Apr 4, 2006
    An awsome game through and through. The story is the best part by FAR and the secret ending leaves you salivating about the next one. The addition of the drive forms puts a wonderful twist on the game play and character development. The story is EXTREMELY compelling but there are a few story quirks I'd just like to point out. For one, how did Sora grow so much in just a year!? I mean An awsome game through and through. The story is the best part by FAR and the secret ending leaves you salivating about the next one. The addition of the drive forms puts a wonderful twist on the game play and character development. The story is EXTREMELY compelling but there are a few story quirks I'd just like to point out. For one, how did Sora grow so much in just a year!? I mean seriously, he used to be about 5 in. shorter than goofy, now he's a little taller than him. It made it seem like more than just one year passed. And what about the nobodies of Sora and Kairi? If they were created, then that means their hartless should have been created too! Could the people in the secret video be those heartless? I guess we'll have to find out. But overall, this game was very good and compelling, with over 50+ hours of game play. Expand
  75. Action
    May 5, 2006
    I wouild give this a 9.5 if I could. Nearly perfect followup to the original, improving on the glaring flaws of the first game and adding some nice touches to boot. The idiots complaining about not having to finish every world or that the game was too kiddy need to get a clue... this game is for 10 and up, and there is something for everybody here of all ages and skill levels. If you I wouild give this a 9.5 if I could. Nearly perfect followup to the original, improving on the glaring flaws of the first game and adding some nice touches to boot. The idiots complaining about not having to finish every world or that the game was too kiddy need to get a clue... this game is for 10 and up, and there is something for everybody here of all ages and skill levels. If you didn't finish every world, then you didn't get the special ending. Nuff said. The only real flaw, in my opinion, was that the voice acting wasn't that great... was it really so hard to get Billy Zane to repirse his character? Expand
  76. TalhoP.
    Jun 11, 2006
    Animation on this game is excellent- gameplay is also very well done. Well rounded plot line with vivid characters; overall- this game is worth playing over and over again.
  77. DanielP.
    Jun 8, 2006
    Despite it's status as one of the strangest games out there, Kingdom Hearts II proves to be a great gaming experience. The graphics and the intriguing story prove to be it's greatest assets, while the gameplay itself lags behind. Worse yet, a bit of that "Disney flare (Square related pun not intended)" seems to have evaporated with the transition. But despite the flaws, Kingdom Despite it's status as one of the strangest games out there, Kingdom Hearts II proves to be a great gaming experience. The graphics and the intriguing story prove to be it's greatest assets, while the gameplay itself lags behind. Worse yet, a bit of that "Disney flare (Square related pun not intended)" seems to have evaporated with the transition. But despite the flaws, Kingdom Hearts II is still an amazing successor and a top-tier in my list of favorite games. Highly recommended. Expand
  78. DavidC.
    Jul 2, 2006
    Whoever thought up the idea of putting FF and Disney together should be dipped in honey and put in a container full of wasps!
  79. Ryan
    Jul 21, 2006
    it was a good game, kinda long, but some of the voices didnt match the faces, like ansems new voice, or xemnas. And i agree with the Sora thing. And he was kinda a pussy in the game. He cried. But other than that, i loved the forms, like Valor, Master, and Final. Wisdom..eh im not a magic kinda guy. But this games better than the last cuz sora is more experienced witht eh keyblade and it was a good game, kinda long, but some of the voices didnt match the faces, like ansems new voice, or xemnas. And i agree with the Sora thing. And he was kinda a pussy in the game. He cried. But other than that, i loved the forms, like Valor, Master, and Final. Wisdom..eh im not a magic kinda guy. But this games better than the last cuz sora is more experienced witht eh keyblade and there are new cool lookin combos. And u use almost all the buttons this time. But proud mode, wasnt that proud. The only difficult battle i acutally had was the dude with a million swords. And how the fuck are u spoz to defend him when he gets on his lil dragon??? u cant do much about that. And personally, the story woulda been better if Riku ended up dieing or something. I dunno, thas just me. I thought it was a good thing that getting the Ultima Weapon was tons easier too. But i will say the secret ending has me looking forward to the third installment. Good game, corny dialogue( the whole auron thing pissed me off), unfit voices, new combos, new powers, new blades. 7. Expand
  80. BrianD.
    Aug 18, 2006
    I would give this game a 20 if I could. This game rocks. Sora is my favorite person in the game. This time u can turn into forms. I have heard they were making a third, I can't wait.
  81. B.e.
    Aug 4, 2006
    Even in Proud Mode it's too easy.
  82. AndrewC.
    Feb 8, 2007
    This game is great as sequels go. The story is vastly improved on the original, there's loads of new gameplay options, and the game is lengthy and quite challenging, too. The biggest beef I have with the game is it sometimes overdoes the Disney license thing. When I wanted more Kingdom Hearts story, I got to go to Mulan Land or whatever. When I was dying to know about Riku, Kairi and This game is great as sequels go. The story is vastly improved on the original, there's loads of new gameplay options, and the game is lengthy and quite challenging, too. The biggest beef I have with the game is it sometimes overdoes the Disney license thing. When I wanted more Kingdom Hearts story, I got to go to Mulan Land or whatever. When I was dying to know about Riku, Kairi and Roxas, I got to run around with Tron. So basically, the game's biggest flaw is its own most intriguing innovation. Pacing is the problem here, but it's still wonderful. Expand
  83. FredB.
    May 10, 2007
    I think this game is amazing. One of my favorite games of all time. Loved it just as much as the first one. I love the game play and the actors player the characters are perfect (Hayden Panettiere as "Kairi").
  84. AmandaF.
    May 17, 2007
    This game was awesome. It had a good story line, which was too long at times, but the levels were awesome. I've replayed it 3 times, and every time it gets better.
  85. mazekitten_khearts2....
    May 24, 2007
    This is an amazing game. Not just speaking from an obsessed fangirl's point of veiw, but as a hard core gamer of these types. Please, all of the people who said it was bad, was because they sucked at it.
  86. BryanM.
    Jun 1, 2007
    One problem is you can never play as Roxas again, how dumb! ot that i totaly hate Sora but I think Roxas is cooler. but otherwise this game rocks.
  87. AquaC.
    Jul 8, 2007
    KH1 and Kh2 has so much detail - I enjoyed it 100%. For some reason it made me really emotional... Which was kinda weird yet comforting. The only thing that's sucky is that KH3 is coming out only on PS3 - So I've heard.. And if it is, thats just wrong because some people are playing it on PS2... But still over-all 10!!
  88. AronVanMatre
    Jul 11, 2008
    i gave it a 9 for to ressons once agian hoe in the world do u kill sephorth and who is roxas where did he come from and who have to be roxas for 3hrs that is how long the prologe takes but other wise great game if loved the first one this is a must buy it also adds the drive forms wich is really aswome
  89. CodyB
    Mar 17, 2009
    Kingdom Hearts 2, one of THE best masterpieces I have ever played. Micky Mouse, an incredibly epic storyline, beautifully intense graphics, Organization 13, Scar, what's not to love about this Disney-worldly game? Judge this game not by the level of difficulty (go to hell IGN and entertainment weekly) but by what this game is meant to offer; the storyline, graphics, new features, and Kingdom Hearts 2, one of THE best masterpieces I have ever played. Micky Mouse, an incredibly epic storyline, beautifully intense graphics, Organization 13, Scar, what's not to love about this Disney-worldly game? Judge this game not by the level of difficulty (go to hell IGN and entertainment weekly) but by what this game is meant to offer; the storyline, graphics, new features, and all the new Disney worlds & characters with their own storylines. KH2 surpasses the original Kingdom Hearts in every way that it counts! Expand
  90. SteveA.
    May 14, 2009
    This game almost blew my mind. It included some of the best graphics I'd seen on a PS2 game, fun abilities, great characters. I had so much fun playing it. It is, however, flawed. When playing it, it's impossible not to compare it to the original Kingdom Hearts game. The gameplay is far too easy, even on Proud mode (the most difficult setting), mainly due to the enemies This game almost blew my mind. It included some of the best graphics I'd seen on a PS2 game, fun abilities, great characters. I had so much fun playing it. It is, however, flawed. When playing it, it's impossible not to compare it to the original Kingdom Hearts game. The gameplay is far too easy, even on Proud mode (the most difficult setting), mainly due to the enemies seemingly never attacking you, or at least not as much as they did in the first game. This means most battles are over very quickly. Some of the boss fights are a little underwhelming, especially Shan Yu, Hades, Cerberus, Luxord and the bosses of Argabah. However, most of them are as fun as the first game, most of the Organization fights are great, Barbossa, Oogie Boogie, the Pride Lands fights, are all great. The only world I have a problem with is Atlantica - I'd much rather have had a world like the one in Kingdom Hearts than the whole pushing-buttons-in-time-to-the-beat musical. Another minus is that the story seems to have lost some of the epic scope that was present in the original KH, it feels as though it's lost some of it's heart. The exploration part of the game has been dumbed down greatly - the chests are so easy to get to they're literally right in front of you the whole way through the game, there's no secret areas or bosses besides Sephiroth, no objects to find such as the Dalmations. Basically, it's good for a couple of play throughs, but you won't find much to do after that. There's some quests that will take up your time but 90% of them are easily done on the first time. However, I like the new synthesis system, which is something that will keep you busy for a bit. And I love the new worlds included based on live-action Disney films. If you're a fan it's definitely worth playing as it's an addictive experience, but if you're new to the series, I wouldn't play this one first. Expand
  91. freddorton
    Jan 21, 2005
    This looks like the sweetest game in the world i cant wait until i get i'll pre-order it like in a month i bet i'l play this game for like 8 hours straight every day (well not really)but a whole lot i probobly sound like a freak but i seen trailers and i was blowed away i was smiling soooooooo long my lips started to crack well im rambling so i'll just go
  92. mystsowada
    Mar 21, 2006
    This game is not a baby game like what people said about the first one. Im 15 and most of my friends are obsessed with this game as am I. Im not a nerd, I do track, football, baseball, and of course basketball.Kingdom Hearts one and two are probably the best games I've ever played by far.
  93. BrianH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Got it this afternoon and after four hours of playing, it looks a ton better than the first one! :D
  94. SeanS.
    Mar 31, 2006
    So far, I think the camera is even worse than last time, the story is almost incomprehensible, and the breaks in the action are downright tedious. And I think I've finally grown tired of this whole Square shtick of spiky-haired whiners who fall in love and reluctantly save the world. All that being said, I find myself compelled to continue playing...maybe it 's merely the So far, I think the camera is even worse than last time, the story is almost incomprehensible, and the breaks in the action are downright tedious. And I think I've finally grown tired of this whole Square shtick of spiky-haired whiners who fall in love and reluctantly save the world. All that being said, I find myself compelled to continue playing...maybe it 's merely the promise of playing amongst the characters of "Tron" and "Pirates of the Caribbean." Expand
  95. HeatherA.
    Apr 13, 2006
    this game does not have all the jumping the 1st kh had which is nice. i love the new worlds. but part of wishes that they would have more new worlds to vist-that have 3 worlds from the 1st game that could have easiler been changed to 3 diff ones. Although i do have to say that the griphes in this our much much better then in the 1st one. the worlds feel much less boxed off then in the 1st this game does not have all the jumping the 1st kh had which is nice. i love the new worlds. but part of wishes that they would have more new worlds to vist-that have 3 worlds from the 1st game that could have easiler been changed to 3 diff ones. Although i do have to say that the griphes in this our much much better then in the 1st one. the worlds feel much less boxed off then in the 1st one. Sora has grown more as well as all his friends. I am not a box fan of RPG based games/ But once my bf brought me KH one i love them. i can wait to beat this and for the 3rd KH to come out. :) Expand
  96. ChrisF.
    Apr 14, 2006
    The game is great... The people complaining about the lack of difficulty should keep in mind that this game is specifically targeted at a younger audience.. The game is supposed to be easy. I happen to enjoy more story focused game with fairly easy battles..
  97. JaseP.
    Apr 14, 2006
    i loved this game. i loved playing both this game, and the first one. they both made me think. overall, they were both great games but this one surpasses the first by far
  98. AndrewN.
    Apr 16, 2006
    This game is awesome, even when there are hordes and hordes of Heartless after you the game never lags. Square Enix is creative with all the Disney characters and story line. This game is better than Zelda and more fun too the new reaction command makes the game even more interesting to play with.
  99. Clabog
    Apr 17, 2006
    Probally the best game i have ever played!! It is long, packs a great storyline and game experience so you know you will get your moneys worth! New camera controls are great, and the new combat system never gets old. Also if you are really into the game you will have to unlock the secret ending which will get you excited and wondering about KH 3. But that could be a looonnnggg time! this Probally the best game i have ever played!! It is long, packs a great storyline and game experience so you know you will get your moneys worth! New camera controls are great, and the new combat system never gets old. Also if you are really into the game you will have to unlock the secret ending which will get you excited and wondering about KH 3. But that could be a looonnnggg time! this game isa must have for anyone. Expand
  100. ScotticusR.
    Apr 17, 2006
    I first have to say that KH1 is the reason I bought my PS2. I am a huge fan of the first game and basic concept. However, I just beat KH2 and am generally dissatisfied with it. There were many gaps in the gameplay that I felt were a result of pure laziness on the part of the designers. For example, I was able to finish the game without 'ending' (or in the Prideland's case - I first have to say that KH1 is the reason I bought my PS2. I am a huge fan of the first game and basic concept. However, I just beat KH2 and am generally dissatisfied with it. There were many gaps in the gameplay that I felt were a result of pure laziness on the part of the designers. For example, I was able to finish the game without 'ending' (or in the Prideland's case - even setting foot in) every world! Also, Maleficient showed up all throughout the game but was not dealt with in the ending. Mayhaps she provides the motivation for KH3, but at least mention her in the ending to KH2! I guess on the positive side I could compliment the many (and I mean MANY) opportunities to use the restroom or take a shower, or even mow the yard during the cut scenes. Those scenes I swear must have consisted of about 75% of the 36 hours it took me to beat it! This game is definitely a must-have for fans, but certainly not worth the $50 I paid. Expand

1. An all around excellent game. It looks phenomenal and plays even better. What started out as a crazy fan based experiment for Square-Enix has panned out to one of the most entertaining titles of the year. [JPN Import]
    From the amazing opening cg cinema (oh god, I think I just soiled myself it was so good) with Utada Hikaru's newest song, Passion, to the kick ass ending, this game rocked and set itself a more than worthy successor to the first Kingdom Hearts. [JPN Import]
  3. It has an excellent battle system, more variety than almost any game out there, great graphics, and an interesting story. The title isn't perfect though. The story lacks a bit of cohesiveness and the auto-camera still can't seem to track everything that's going on. [JPN Import]