7.2

1. Oct 18, 2010
    I may be giving this a 10 because I'm biased due to the fact this is a Kingdom Hearts game, and I am a huge fan of the series. But once you get used to the cards, the rest will be smooth sailing.
  2. KimyKun
    Sep 16, 2009
    I think that this game is great... i don't like the cards battle... but the graphic is great. I don't know why didn't he came out in ITALY to,i hope some day that this fantastic game will arive in ITALY soo i can play the game...I think that this game is great... i don't like the cards battle... but the graphic is great. I don't know why didn't he came out in ITALY to,i hope some day that this fantastic game will arive in ITALY soo i can play the game... XOXO Expand
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    This is an interesting game. I played it when it first came out on GBA several times and just finished playing through this PS2 version. I love this game because I think it has the single best combat system in any Action-RPG. Period. However, I can understand the polar opposites in terms of reviews. There is an enormous amount of depth to the combat system. The game requires you to thinkThis is an interesting game. I played it when it first came out on GBA several times and just finished playing through this PS2 version. I love this game because I think it has the single best combat system in any Action-RPG. Period. However, I can understand the polar opposites in terms of reviews. There is an enormous amount of depth to the combat system. The game requires you to think om a wide range of strategic levels very quickly. The PS2 version even more so because it requires more spacial thinking due to the fact that it is in 3D and, unlike the GBA version, you cannot always see everything that is occurring at once, forcing you to predict and anticipate enemy movements (whom you cannot always see if they are behind or above you) on the fly, while also card counting, adding card values, dodging, attacking, blocking, keeping track of your HP and more. On top of it all, the combat difficulty forces you to grasp all concepts and use them or you will die. It is not forgiving in any way. The strategy and customization goes far beyond the standard swing swing block, shoot shoot roll of even some of the greatest Action-RPG (in terms of challenge and strategy it out does even Mass Effect and Elder Scrolls) This depth is what may turn a lot of would be fans away though. It is several times more complex than what Kingdom Hearts folks are used to.
    Other parts of the game don't quite live up to the one of a kind battle system, however. The main overall story is pretty interesting and well done but has many of the trappings of a JRPG which is not necessarily bad but tends to push away some. The small plots in each of the worlds are kind of a throw away though. The world exploration, while very unique, is not it's strongest point. I understand that it is a carry-over from the GBA which had it's technical limitations. What I would like to see happen is for Square to take combat system of Chain of Memories and apply to a Action-RPG with a bigger scope. Something with a larger and more open world to explore. There is a lot Square could do in terms of evolving the gameplay concepts they started with Chain of Memories and I would love to see it happen (I don't care if is within the Kingdom Hearts franchise or not) It seems any people couldn't quite grasp the game. This is apparent by the fact that there are many people on here rating this game a "0" because they don't like the fact that enemies can defend themselves and counter-attack any attack made by the player that is not thought out. Due to the fact that the general attitude of big game developers is that they must appeal to as many people as possible, the chances of Square picking a concept back up that was so divisive is slim to none.
  4. Nov 18, 2011
    Squareenix re-makes Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories from the 2D realm to the 3D Realm, if you played the original, there isnt much difference as the gameplay and storyline is pretty much the same. The only difference is the plane is 3D and that can be a good thing. Alot of the problems with positioning and aiming in the original has been fixed due to the graphic interface completelySquareenix re-makes Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories from the 2D realm to the 3D Realm, if you played the original, there isnt much difference as the gameplay and storyline is pretty much the same. The only difference is the plane is 3D and that can be a good thing. Alot of the problems with positioning and aiming in the original has been fixed due to the graphic interface completely changing. The game feels like Part 1 but with less freedom as expected in its card based battle system. Expand
  5. Dec 14, 2013
    First, let me just say, do NOT compare this any other game in the franchise. This game is the black sheep of Kingdom Hearts, but that doesn't have to be bad. The story of Castle Oblivion is ultimately an intriguing one and will be what keeps you going forward. Graphically the game looks good, despite that fact that everything is reused and room layouts don't change dramatically. The reasonFirst, let me just say, do NOT compare this any other game in the franchise. This game is the black sheep of Kingdom Hearts, but that doesn't have to be bad. The story of Castle Oblivion is ultimately an intriguing one and will be what keeps you going forward. Graphically the game looks good, despite that fact that everything is reused and room layouts don't change dramatically. The reason the game is sometimes disliked is due to it's radically different card-based combat. It's handled way differently than any other thing you've seen. You have to manage your deck while fighting in real-time, keep track of numbers, and use sleights to the best effect. It can get extremely chaotic and difficult if you can't keep up. Now the system isn't bad, if you know exactly what you're doing you can have a lot of fun. If you don't think you'll be able to manage it, play it on beginner mode. Expand

#3 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2008
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2008

Seriously, though -- for Kingdom Hearts fans who missed out on COM the first time, this is definitely the best way to play it. While the new stuff is small (a few so-so minigames in Hundred Acre Wood, additional voice acting from the Sixth Sense kid, etc.), my memory of Chain of Memories hasn't changed: It's a pleasant little title that reminds me how much I want Kingdom Hearts 3.
    An impressive remake that improves the presentation of the original GBA version by leaps and bounds while simultaneously streamlining the battle system.
    Even though it's not a wholly fresh experience, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories is definitely worth a try, especially if you didn't play the original GBA release.