Kingdom Hearts PlayStation 2

1. AnonymousMC
    Dec 30, 2005
    Here are the pros of Kingdom Hearts:
    - It has good graphics.
    - The Disney characters' voices are authentic. The cons of Kingdom Hearts: - "Gameplay" consists of mashing buttons in the general direction of enemies, which appear way too often. - Knowing what to do/where to go at any given time is impossible due to the poorly executed story sequences - Stages are LIFELESS and
    Here are the pros of Kingdom Hearts:
    - It has good graphics.
    - The Disney characters' voices are authentic.

The cons of Kingdom Hearts:
    - Stages are LIFELESS and utterly mind-numbingly boring.
    - The inter-world trasportation mini-game adds nothing to the game and is unfathomably annoying.
    - There are so many mini-games in this game that are completely unrelated to one another and add very little if anything to the rest of the game.
    - Parts where the story is revealed are few and far between, and they certainly don't make all the work of getting through the various worlds worth it.

I love Square, but I think this game is a clear indication that they are abusing the fame that they have earned in the past with games that are actually GOOD. It is a chore to play, with little reward. Don't get it.
  2. ZiggyS.
    Oct 28, 2002
    It's a little dull, and the combat is mind numbing.
  3. MasterofOrion
    Jan 3, 2003
    The disney characters are cool, but I found the gameplay mucho boring. Whoever was in charge of developing the camera in KH should be fired over there at EASquare. The best thing I could say is that if you liked FFX a lot, you'll probably enjoy KH. That said, I believe FFX to be much better.
    Feb 8, 2003
    This game is bad. Anyone who says otherwise, definitely knows very little, if anything, about games. First of all, it tries to pass off as an Action/RPG but it's more of an Action/Adventure game with several Platform sequences than anything else. To add insult to injury, they're bad Platform sequences at that, and they don't even touch the brilliance of a Mario game by a This game is bad. Anyone who says otherwise, definitely knows very little, if anything, about games. First of all, it tries to pass off as an Action/RPG but it's more of an Action/Adventure game with several Platform sequences than anything else. To add insult to injury, they're bad Platform sequences at that, and they don't even touch the brilliance of a Mario game by a long mile. Then you have the camera... or should I say you do NOT have one because you're pretty much fighting blind half the time while walls and objects block your sight. Gameplay is definitely the worse as it's a button-masher experience all the way - every three steps enemies show up which you MUST defeat if you want to have access to simple commands like "OPEN". That's right, you may have that neat little chest right next to you, but if there is one single enemy nearby the game won't allow you to open it. There's more, the AI for your companions is customizable but that's not saying much - either they waste all their resources in a couple of fights or they save them so much it kills them leaving you alone to fight whatever enemies are left on the screen. If there is one thing relatively "good" about Kingdom Hearts is the sound - Music is fine and the Voices are top-notch, but no one buys a game for music alone. You have been warned. Collapse
  5. CourtneyI.
    Jun 20, 2004
    Ive got 1 word 4 em hard i got stuck as soon as i started not rrally 4 a 12 yr old gal like me.
  6. RanmaS.
    Oct 5, 2002
    I am the dancing machine. I love this game. I bought the dance pad for this game and it made the game way better. It is groovy!!!
  7. MarkA.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This game was so boring I couldn't even finish it. Total waste of money.

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Game Informer
    The battles that unfold are as beautful as they are intense, and as difficult as they are easy to manhandle. [Oct 2002, p.76]
  2. Play Magazine
    To say that Kingdom Hearts is magical is an understatement. As cinematic experiences go, it's exquisite. It's not the finest in terms of action, but overall, it's wonderful. [Oct 2002, p.74]
  3. Has a few flaws, but its unique character pairings and jaw-dropping graphics make this a remarkable RPG.