Kingdom Hearts PlayStation 2

8.8

1. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    I cannot belive you people think the game is bad. i mean sure "some" people may find the camrea a little hard to deal with.(not me). but the story, characters, gameplay and uniquness makes it the best. This is the best game that you will ever play!
  2. RodneyH.
    Sep 9, 2006
    This is the greatest game of all time I don't care what those other people say this is a great game.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Aug 18, 2008
    This is one of the most amazing games of all time! I did not discover it until 2008, and I mourn all the years I could have been playing it. The storyline is captivating, and the characters seem so real one bonds with them! Very few games give me goosebumps when I beat it, every time, no matter if it is the 32nd.
  4. JoeyV
    Oct 20, 2009
    Look the others have said, this is one of the best games ever created. I loved the incredible story, enthralling quotes, and beautiful music, as the high points. But don't worry the gameplay is pretty good too. Of course when you think of Final Fantasy+Disney it = GTFO. But believe it or not, it works beautifully.
  5. AnonymousMC
    Apr 15, 2009
    epic a masterpeice in gaming and truly unique in every sense i love this game with a passion and if i should ever find another copy (other one was sold without my knoledge) i will buy even if its 100$ this game is the best rpg ever made it combines the family friendliness and stories of disney with the godliek awsoem of the final fantasy franchise (appluads)
  6. EmilyP
    Jun 5, 2009
    This is probably the most beautiful games I've ever played. When I first played it at a friend's house, I expected it to be some fun, easy-going game like Mario or Donkey Kong, But I bought it and found that it was much deeper than that. I found it to be dark, like Final Fantasy, but it held that sort of Disney magic that connot be paralelled. The quality of the graphics and This is probably the most beautiful games I've ever played. When I first played it at a friend's house, I expected it to be some fun, easy-going game like Mario or Donkey Kong, But I bought it and found that it was much deeper than that. I found it to be dark, like Final Fantasy, but it held that sort of Disney magic that connot be paralelled. The quality of the graphics and music were stunning, the characters wonderful, and the whole mood just so memorable that I can't compare it to any other game. It has a touching innocence about it that easily softens you up. You CANNOT think of this as your standard shooting-robots-level-three-high-score video game; it is more like a movie, something to be patient with. And the best part was, I think, that the ending resembled the old Final Fantasy sad yet touching ending, like FFX. I was certain that this game would end all sugar-coated and too happy, but I was surprised when it didn't. In fact, every time I hear "Never Land Sky", "Traverse Town", and "Dearly Beloved", it makes me close to crying! Anyone who loves either Disney OR Final Fantasy should seriously try this game. DO NOT PLAY KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FIRST. It will ruin the whole thing for you. Expand
  7. SteveL.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Bad @$$!
  8. BenP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    It's so cool! I've never seen a game like it. It has every thing I like in a game; cool graphics, the ability to gain levels, and interesting story line.
  9. MatthewT.
    Oct 13, 2002
    I love this game and i already beat it and I'm trying to get ther 2nd ending the game was a blast sure there is always some parts in a game that you dont like but thats hard to find in this one even if Donald and Goofy are in your party.
  10. MarkH.
    Oct 22, 2002
    SWEET!!!
  11. ChuckW.
    Oct 20, 2002
    This game is damn near perfect! The animation and look of the Disney characters are as loyal to the original 2D hand-drawn characters as possible. The summon animation for Genie alone is the perfect sign that the Square guys knew exactly what they were doing. I sat my friends down and showed them the character models shown in Jiminy Cricket's journal, and they were all amazed, and This game is damn near perfect! The animation and look of the Disney characters are as loyal to the original 2D hand-drawn characters as possible. The summon animation for Genie alone is the perfect sign that the Square guys knew exactly what they were doing. I sat my friends down and showed them the character models shown in Jiminy Cricket's journal, and they were all amazed, and then seeing the Halloweentown level... they all now want to buy a Playstation2 JUST so they can play this game for themselves. And the fact that Square and Disney brought back most of the original voice actors (most notably, James Woods reprising Hades, from Hercules) is exciting enough, but then to bring in talent like Haley Joel Osment, David Boreanaz, and so on, you have the BEST voicework in a videogame ever. I'm about halfway through the game, and I can't wait to FINALLY see the end of a Square game (I could never beat any of the Final Fantasy games, unfortunately). I'm positive that I will make it to the end, as the action-packed, real-time battles are a lot easier to command than the turn-based battles of Square's RPG series. I've been waiting for this game for well over a year, and I am so glad to find it was worth the wait. Expand
  12. LizzieP.
    Dec 30, 2002
    I'll admit, I was a little unsure at first about this game. I mean, some kid running around with Disney Characters fighting with a giant key? But after I played for a few...minutes, I loved it!
  13. Sho-langA.
    Dec 5, 2002
    OkayI'm a sucker for this game! well you can't blame me!! the game play is rather a bit dull and interesting but seeing the opening theme song made it all change! I just love it! Utada Hikari is a genius!! Hearing the theme "Simple and Clean" made it all worth while, at least that's really the reason why I play it! O.o!!
  14. BrianK.
    Oct 31, 2002
    This games rules baby! I have upmost respect for disney for collaborating with the greatest RPG gaming company of all time, the concept is slick the innovation is what makes the game, I love the levels its like reliving all my fav disney flicks, the voice acting is superb the graphics and animation are so good its like watching a disney movie sometimes! Only bad part is the camera, it sux This games rules baby! I have upmost respect for disney for collaborating with the greatest RPG gaming company of all time, the concept is slick the innovation is what makes the game, I love the levels its like reliving all my fav disney flicks, the voice acting is superb the graphics and animation are so good its like watching a disney movie sometimes! Only bad part is the camera, it sux and it makes jumpimg a pain in the ass, other than that I give it a 10, just darn good! Expand
  15. RanmaS.
    Oct 5, 2002
    I am the dancing machine. I love this game. I bought the dance pad for this game and it made the game way better. It is groovy!!!
  16. Ryan
    Oct 6, 2002
    This is a ten! no question. The graphics are great. the battle system is amazing. Barly any glitches. this is truly one of the greatest games ever made!
  17. JoshF.
    Oct 8, 2002
    It is really cool.
  18. FilazaferX
    Sep 25, 2002
    This is a very cool game. The reviewers make a big deal about the camera problems, but they aren't that bad at all. This is a game where watching the cutscenes is even more fun than playing the game and I have never thought that about any other game, ever. You just want to see what happens next. Very addicting.
  19. ZainA.
    Feb 10, 2003
    It is so cool. I salute whichever nutjob that thought of this.I can't wait until they release Kingdom Hearts 2.
  20. JohannesB.
    Feb 18, 2003
    I did first think this was a baby game. But when i did play this game i did play it very much! This game can be serious some time! The music and the graphic is good! Traverse town is so nice! I want to live in that town! Whataever this is one of the best game in the world and it is a good start for Disney and Squaresoft!!!
  21. JoeM.
    Feb 9, 2003
    The gameplay is enjoyable to a point, but... if you heard that nagging little voice in the back of your head saying to you, "Square... and DISNEY?", heed it. It is an unholy pairing which, in the end, drains from the game its possible greatness and drags it down to the level of insipid commercial stupidity. You are fighting side by side with the noble knight... GOOFY! And DONALD DUCK! The gameplay is enjoyable to a point, but... if you heard that nagging little voice in the back of your head saying to you, "Square... and DISNEY?", heed it. It is an unholy pairing which, in the end, drains from the game its possible greatness and drags it down to the level of insipid commercial stupidity. You are fighting side by side with the noble knight... GOOFY! And DONALD DUCK! These are such well-known commercial icons that any sense of otherworldliness or removal from the here and now is completely shattered. They may as well have made the shops into 7-11s and had the cast eat Reeces Pieces to restore health. Blech! The Disney world is not about imagination, it is an entity in and of itself. Hell, you can actually GO there! It's in Florida! I really can't conceive how this did not contaminate the game completely for any of the reviewers I have read. And this is without even getting into the uninspired music and the totally USELESS and INFANTILE Gummi ship sequences. This product cannot even hold the SHADOW of a candle to FFX but, due to its unfortunate success, Square is sure to make another. THAT one I will at least know better than to purchase. So much for trusting the critics. Or the general public, who willingly swallowed this turkey. Definately not recommended if you are over 12 years of age. Quite a disappointment. Expand
  22. SherryM.
    Mar 19, 2003
    Loved the game, but didn't like having to keep going back to worlds I already locked.
  23. JustinH.
    Mar 6, 2003
    It's got cool characters, levels, bosses, and the graphics.
  24. JamesR.
    Apr 1, 2003
    I cant describe how happy this game made me. I hope for another in the near future.
  25. DavidG.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Graphics are fantastic, combats are original and fun.
  26. ArielS.
    Jul 19, 2003
    Square and Disney? It's the clash of the best gaming company and classic Disney! The graphics are awesome, the storyline is great, and the creativity is definatly showing! Walk into the world of Square and Disney combined and you'll be amazed! It's great for people of all ages to play. This the the RPG 2002 you'll want to buy!
  27. DaveE.
    Aug 13, 2003
    BRILLIANT is the only word to describe it.
  28. JessS.
    Sep 30, 2003
    Kingdom Hearts was the best game EVER!!! I love everything about it; the graphics, the characters, the music, EVERYTHING! It is my favorite game and I play it over and over. Square and Disney were brilliant! I do hope the sequal gets out soon, and it better be as good as the first one! I was very impressed and I hope I am impressed with the second one!
  29. PhillipG.
    Oct 12, 2004
    This game is fantastic, this is one of the best game for playstation 2 even though I played it at my friends house. I was wondering if ya'll can ask the squaresoft people if they can put Kingdom Hearts for gamecube and xbox just like they did for the mobil phone can you do that for me please.
  30. LilyP.
    Jun 24, 2004
    AMAZING!!! This has got to be one of the best RPGs ever. KH has such unique graphics, talented voice actors, beautiful music, and a great battle system. KH is full of nostalgia from Disney movies to Final Fantasy games; both worlds are blended perfectly.
  31. Tenoko
    Oct 27, 2005
    One of the best rpgs ever, honestly. Could have done without some of the Disney innocence which took away from the dark issues and story line, but i wonderful game none the less. Wonderful graphics, HOT guys, pretty girls,and all your favorite villians! ^_^v I can't wait for KH2.
  32. Shortfuse
    Jan 4, 2006
    the game is fine the only two flaws in this game are the gummi ship thing and the not able to skip the cutscenes like when ever you already scene them before is also anoying but the rest of it is so awsome and it is better then some of the final fantasy games casue the game is good for all ages.
  33. NickB.
    May 20, 2006
    Being both a Disney and a Square fan, I really enjoyed this game. The worlds were vivid, the gameplay intuitive, and voiceovers authentic. Unfortunately, the game suffers somewhat from a slight lack of an all-encompassing storyline. I mean, the main story was good, but they could have put more effort into it.
  34. BenF.
    Jul 9, 2006
    Excellent. Could have been better like KH2. This is not an RPG game.
  35. DanaK.
    Nov 2, 2007
    A total awesome game, there is not another game out there that is near as good as this, it does have a couple downsides, but the activeness of the game, gives a spark, that leads to a beautiful fire!
  36. KyleG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    When I first saw the commercial for this game i was like,"a disney game with all the cartoon characters? that's gonna suck!". Then I borrowed it from a friend and played through it...and I played through it again because i liked it so much, but then i had to return it to my friend. I ended up buying it just so i could beat it one more time. This game has the most charm i've ever When I first saw the commercial for this game i was like,"a disney game with all the cartoon characters? that's gonna suck!". Then I borrowed it from a friend and played through it...and I played through it again because i liked it so much, but then i had to return it to my friend. I ended up buying it just so i could beat it one more time. This game has the most charm i've ever seen in a game. The music combined with the wonderfully diverse worlds make it a memorable experience. I liked remembering the game more than playing through it. It's a very nostalgic game because you get to interact with all those disney characters you watched when you were a toddler. Either you love it or you hate it. Expand
  37. EricB
    Jun 12, 2009
    I'm just gonna go with the flow here, and say this is one of my favorite games of all time. Sure, the camera is a bit awkward most of the time, but that's just a minor problem when comparing it to the epic, exciting and memorable adventure this game has in store. The worlds are colorful and unique, and the music is incredible, bringing back memories of the cherished disney I'm just gonna go with the flow here, and say this is one of my favorite games of all time. Sure, the camera is a bit awkward most of the time, but that's just a minor problem when comparing it to the epic, exciting and memorable adventure this game has in store. The worlds are colorful and unique, and the music is incredible, bringing back memories of the cherished disney films. The characters are very likable, minus a few of the minor Final Fantasy people (Cid). The difficulty can jump around a bit, with there being about 10 or so final bosses, and the last one being one of the easiest fights in the game in comparison. But I definitely enjoyed this game a lot, and recommend it to anyone looking for a great, long action/RPG. Expand
  38. kingdomhearts
    Aug 25, 2009
    This game had a good concept and almost good controls, except for the horrible camera views, and the x-button mashing. If you try to turn one way to see something, you have to walk forwards or backwards, ending usually in you falling off wherever you are. If you try to make up the button mashing with magic, you run out of MP very fast, and the only way to recharge it is either more This game had a good concept and almost good controls, except for the horrible camera views, and the x-button mashing. If you try to turn one way to see something, you have to walk forwards or backwards, ending usually in you falling off wherever you are. If you try to make up the button mashing with magic, you run out of MP very fast, and the only way to recharge it is either more button-mashing or an elixir/ether which are both pains to use because you have to take the time to scroll down and select items, and select what you want to use. In a boss battle, this can be very ineffective. The game also encourages you to buy the guide, because in many places, it leaves you off with a random start. I like the fact, however, that you could decide between Atlantis and Halloweentown, as Atlantis was both incredibly hard, and had horrible controls. Also, if you wanted to repeat the game in a relatively fast time, there is no way to get past the hours and hours of cutscenes. Expand
  39. GeorgeC.
    Nov 4, 2002
    This game changed my whole perpective towards Disney characters... I didnt really liked Disney until now. This game rocks.
  40. JamesW.
    Nov 8, 2002
    Yes there is an evil camera. yes the disney characters are kiddy and yes the story is cliche'. but its still one of the best told, well made games that i have played in a LONG time. the gameplay though repetitive, continued to challange even to the very end. Oh yea and the best boss battle in history is Sephiroth. I dont care what you think lance bass's voice fit perfectly.Yes there is an evil camera. yes the disney characters are kiddy and yes the story is cliche'. but its still one of the best told, well made games that i have played in a LONG time. the gameplay though repetitive, continued to challange even to the very end. Oh yea and the best boss battle in history is Sephiroth. I dont care what you think lance bass's voice fit perfectly. Arrogent but pretty at the same time. An excellent game. Expand
  41. DannyG.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This game so kicks ass! It got me to start liking the Disney characters all over again. It has some problems with the camera, but overall, Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG game I ever played on the PS2!
  42. Nick
    Dec 13, 2002
    This is the best game made this year! Everything rules! You have to get this game!!!!!!
  43. BryanP.
    Dec 15, 2002
    I thought this game was awsome!!! A lot of sqaresoft's (the best game company ever) Final Fantasy characters came out more clear. The battling is awsome and the ending is sad but i like it that way. The only bad thing is that i had a some problems with the camera but besides that it was one of my favorite games ever. KINGDOM HEARTS ROCKS!!!!!!
  44. KarenH.
    Dec 2, 2002
    MAN!! THIS GAME IS SUCH A NUCLEAR!! i love it so much!!! But the disappointing thing is: Why aint [**Potential Spoiler Omitted**] in the end??? and I dont understand that secret ending thing. But still!!!! THIS IS MY BEST GAME EVER!!!!!
  45. MichaelP.
    Dec 31, 2002
    This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out for all ages, and can be customized to fit how fast or slow you would like the game to move! A+++++++ Expand
  46. ZiggyS.
    Oct 28, 2002
    It's a little dull, and the combat is mind numbing.
  47. ShaneH.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game rulez its betta then final fantasy 10 and ive completed it but still love to play it, it's one of the best games ive played!!! CLASS GAME
  48. YoyoD.
    Feb 23, 2003
    I really like this game and it has real live graphics. But I wish it was a little longer and had more Disney characters in it. When you beat the game it leaves you with some questions. Like what's going to happen to Riku, King Mickey, and kairi. I hope it come out with another Kingdom Hearts. I like the game Kingdom hearts because it leave you guessing.
  49. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    Man One Of The Best Games I've Played Ever And Not Just Disney But Also Final Fantasy Characters In Here Too Im Just Speachless About This Game Its So Tight.
  50. EduardoR.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Excellent game, one of the best games I have played in my life, very engaging game play and really cool story line, on top of that it has awesome graphics. It filled up the empty space in the PS2 world for action-RPG like Zelda.
  51. Uter
    Apr 28, 2004
    I like the disney themes, but come on. This game is is seriously unexciting. It's more square table scraps.
  52. NielsM.
    Aug 12, 2004
    The magic of this game is overwelming,when I first played this game I was very enthousiastic about the mix of disney and final fantasy,this game is a true masterpiece.This game gives a 20 hours fun gameplay of the highest level, go buy this pearl!!!!
  53. AdamE.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This game was the best i can"t wait till the next one comes out i have looked every for the trailer.
  54. AnonymousMC
    Dec 25, 2005
    come on, thsi one of the most amazing master pieces of square soft not square-enix because since squaresoft joins enix his games are such boring only want money , fantasy go away, I wait kingdom hearts ii wil be good and enix dont contaminate and destroy such a great game
  55. AnonymousMC
    Dec 30, 2005
    Here are the pros of Kingdom Hearts:
    - It has good graphics.
    - The Disney characters' voices are authentic. The cons of Kingdom Hearts: - "Gameplay" consists of mashing buttons in the general direction of enemies, which appear way too often. - Knowing what to do/where to go at any given time is impossible due to the poorly executed story sequences - Stages are LIFELESS and
    Here are the pros of Kingdom Hearts:
    - It has good graphics.
    - The Disney characters' voices are authentic.

The cons of Kingdom Hearts:
    - Stages are LIFELESS and utterly mind-numbingly boring.
    - The inter-world trasportation mini-game adds nothing to the game and is unfathomably annoying.
    - There are so many mini-games in this game that are completely unrelated to one another and add very little if anything to the rest of the game.
    - Parts where the story is revealed are few and far between, and they certainly don't make all the work of getting through the various worlds worth it.

I love Square, but I think this game is a clear indication that they are abusing the fame that they have earned in the past with games that are actually GOOD. It is a chore to play, with little reward. Don't get it.
  56. HannahL.
    Oct 31, 2005
    This is such a WONDERFUL game, I love it. Such beautiful colors. I've never seen such colors in my life. Love the characters, love the story, and love the gameplay. BUT, it's very confusing at times. Overall, FANTASTIC!! I wish I could give it a 10, but it has to be a 9 because it's so confusing!
  57. MarkA.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This game was so boring I couldn't even finish it. Total waste of money.
  58. AdamC.
    Apr 11, 2006
    this game is the greatest game of all time and its ridiculous that it got only and 85...but the irony is that the critics are all old 40 year-old "heartless" guys who can't see past a wacky camera and excesive enemies and take in the powerful storyline and compelling characters.
  59. LarryL.
    Aug 22, 2007
    The best thing ever to gaming history, its really fun, and a clever mix of ff and disney characters, as childish as it might seem, people of all ages would like this game.
  60. PhilQ.
    Aug 27, 2007
    I really wanted to like this game. I endured the bad---infuriating---camera and control response and button-mashing, but gave up at the Little Mermaid level. No way could I take any more when the already bad control/camera scheme was plunged underwater. I picked this up a year later for another try---the game art and cutscenes are just so inviting and I really wanted to like this game. I really wanted to like this game. I endured the bad---infuriating---camera and control response and button-mashing, but gave up at the Little Mermaid level. No way could I take any more when the already bad control/camera scheme was plunged underwater. I picked this up a year later for another try---the game art and cutscenes are just so inviting and I really wanted to like this game. But I gave up even sooner than before with renewed distaste for the gameplay. Too bad. It looks so good. I fully believe this is the most overrated game of all time. Expand
  61. AnonymousMC
    Feb 22, 2008
    I just bought hte game about two weeks ago, yeh how late am I, but I first played Kingdom hearts chain of memories on the gba and i freakin' loved it so when i got my PS2 the first game I bought was Kingdom Hearts and I like it even though I hate the way they made the colesium and how hard it is to beat Yuffi and Leon but I still love the game and when Iam finished with this oneI just bought hte game about two weeks ago, yeh how late am I, but I first played Kingdom hearts chain of memories on the gba and i freakin' loved it so when i got my PS2 the first game I bought was Kingdom Hearts and I like it even though I hate the way they made the colesium and how hard it is to beat Yuffi and Leon but I still love the game and when Iam finished with this one I'm going to get Kingdom Hearts 2 and hopefully I will like it just as much as I like the first one, HEM! Expand
  62. LukeR.
    Nov 13, 2002
    This game is the best adventure game since Zelda! The Story, graphics, gameplay, voices, and batlle system are 10 out of 10.
  63. RoanD.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Although Square are already well known in the field for innovative game play, inventive characters and well developed plot lines, Disney have frequently failed to impress the games market with thier limited games based on single movies. The decision to team up with Square was unusual but commendable. Kingdom Hearts takes the assets of both comapnies and amalgamates them into a visually Although Square are already well known in the field for innovative game play, inventive characters and well developed plot lines, Disney have frequently failed to impress the games market with thier limited games based on single movies. The decision to team up with Square was unusual but commendable. Kingdom Hearts takes the assets of both comapnies and amalgamates them into a visually stunning, well plotted game spanning a wealth of age groups and backgrounds as no game has done since Zelda on the 64. Of particular interest is the use of many Disney locations, and teh re-emergance of Square's Final Fantasy favourites in new guises. Of all the games I have played this year, Kingdom Hearts has surpassed all and filled me with an obssession to play that I have not felt since the launch of FF7 so very long ago. Expand
  64. MattA.
    Dec 24, 2002
    At first when my mom bought it for christmas I was very skeptical about wanting it. I mean how fun would a 16 year old think a disney game is, and also i was never into Final Fantasy. But now after reading all the reviews and comments, I am pretty stoked on recieving this gift tomorrow. I hope it lives up to everybodys' word.
  65. HeatherG.
    Dec 26, 2002
    I'm a die-hard Final Fantasy fan and a loyalist to Square, which--in my opinion--is the very best developer in existence. I'm *not* a Disney fan... but that doesn't matter. This game is so breathtakingly beautiful and fun to play that the first time I put it into my PS2, I was gobsmacked (actually, I still am). The fluidity of the characters' movement is incredible, I'm a die-hard Final Fantasy fan and a loyalist to Square, which--in my opinion--is the very best developer in existence. I'm *not* a Disney fan... but that doesn't matter. This game is so breathtakingly beautiful and fun to play that the first time I put it into my PS2, I was gobsmacked (actually, I still am). The fluidity of the characters' movement is incredible, the graphics are gorgeous, game-play is lots of fun and the voice acting is top-notch. Best of all, KH gives Final Fantasy fanatics a chance to catch up with longtime faves (Squall, Aeris, Cloud, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Yuffie, etc.), and to actually *hear* those characters speak brings the experience to an entirely new level. If you're an RPG gamer, and especially if you're a Square/Final Fantasy freak, Kingdom Hearts should be a must-have on your list. No gamer's library is complete without it. Expand
  66. RyanM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    An immensely entertaining, hours-on-end, fully flourished game that, if I may say so myself, is the game of the year.
  67. aDDiCt
    Dec 31, 2002
    Aight man im gunna give it to ya straioght, dis game was DOPE!, at first i thought it was gunna be gay cuz it had Disney Characters in it, but den wen i heard it was gunna have finalfantasy in it too i was like cool, so i tried it den i played it so much dat i became a KINGDOM HEARTS aDDiCt. nd dats wut i think of dis game.
  68. AbeG.
    Nov 28, 2003
    People underestimate this game but that's not true. Awesome gameplay, mixed with mindblowing graphics, set this game amongst the greats.
  69. RileyI.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Best game i ever had.
  70. Jan 22, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When you put Final Fantasy characters and Disney Characters together in the same game and try to make a masterpiece of epic proportion, you get Square Soft's Kingdom Hearts. This unlikely action RPG has been getting heads rolling and some tilting in confusion of this strange crossover between two franchise you would probably never see together. But the game has created a huge fanbase and sparked many sequels and prequels into the series. Story: The main character of the game is Sora, a 14 year old boy who lives on Destiny Island who dreams of venturing to different worlds due to the fact that his best friend Kairi was originally from a different world. They were all set to go until a storm sent him through a wormhole and he was forced to face off against the creatures of the dark known as the Heartless. Sora also obtained the mysterious weapon known as the Keyblade and teams up with Donald Duck and Goofy to find his friends, the missing king of Disney Castle and save the worlds from being destroyed by the Heartless.

Gameplay: Like an other type of RPG, you have to level up your player character and your party, Sora is the only character you can play with in the game since he's the main protagonist of the series. Like in Final Fantasy, Spells and Items have been brought into play, and also character classes as well. Donald is a Mage, while Goofy is a Knight. On the journey after finishing a world, you will receive a new Keyblade to a equip which may give you a certain type of bonus that might affect your status, strength, health, or magic. Also depending on the world you are in you might get an ally who is native to that world (ex: Peter Pan, Tarzan, or Beast). As an Action RPG, the game isn't too difficult and easy to figure out, even though you can mash the x button to keep attacking your opponent, there is still some strategy to the game like adding equipment, healing party members, and using magic against certain enemies, it is also important to change in variety of strategy to attack enemies because some enemies might not be easy to just bash in the face the entire time. When fighting the Darkside Boss, I found using the Thundaga spell easier then waiting to hit the boss in the face.

Music: The music of the game is very good, and memorable as well, I find myself humming the theme to Kingdom Hearts from time to time. Also in the Disney World, some recognizable to tunes can be heard.

Difficulty: The main campaign of the game isn't that hard as long as you know how to play an RPG in the right way, to newcomers, you may 2 or 3 times against a boss. Optional things might prove to be a challenge later on like the Phantom Boss, you can not be hit by physical attacks.
  71. Dec 5, 2014
    I first played Kingdom Hearts as a kid on the ps2 and it was by far amazing, the characters were strongly developed and the plot was amazing. Disney and final fantasy characters with some fresh faces, it was a winning formula. The actual gameplay was great, the battle system, level system, and abilities were all designed without flaw. I played this game so much I had leveled up 99 andI first played Kingdom Hearts as a kid on the ps2 and it was by far amazing, the characters were strongly developed and the plot was amazing. Disney and final fantasy characters with some fresh faces, it was a winning formula. The actual gameplay was great, the battle system, level system, and abilities were all designed without flaw. I played this game so much I had leveled up 99 and battled all of the secret bosses. The only reason I give this game a 9 instead of 10 is because I liked Kingdom Hearts II more. Expand
  72. Jan 27, 2015
    Amazing game! A beautiful, immersible story with depth in the characters. I really get emotional playing this.
    The battle system, while simple the first time around, is still fun and epic when you pull off these crazy spinning moves, and customization is great! However if you don't like it too much here, push your way through this one and play the sequels. They do greatly improve on it.
    I love the worlds! Each teems with creativity and really feels like you're in the movie (unless it's original) based off of. They truly leave you with the feeling that you helped save the world and restored it to its happy, musical self.
    The character interaction is touching and also comical at times, and stays positive as to keep you feeling like you WILL restore our hero's (Sora) happy ending.

Great game for a kid who loves Disney or colorful characters, or an adult more into depth of a story. I experienced both styles back on PS2 and again with the 1.5 Mix version.

If you like Final Fantasy, you'll love this. Rich, fun, and happy, Kingdom Hearts is a work of art.

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Game Informer
    The battles that unfold are as beautful as they are intense, and as difficult as they are easy to manhandle. [Oct 2002, p.76]
  2. Play Magazine
    To say that Kingdom Hearts is magical is an understatement. As cinematic experiences go, it's exquisite. It's not the finest in terms of action, but overall, it's wonderful. [Oct 2002, p.74]
  3. Has a few flaws, but its unique character pairings and jaw-dropping graphics make this a remarkable RPG.