8.9

1. KarenH.
    Dec 2, 2002
    MAN!! THIS GAME IS SUCH A NUCLEAR!! i love it so much!!! But the disappointing thing is: Why aint [**Potential Spoiler Omitted**] in the end??? and I dont understand that secret ending thing. But still!!!! THIS IS MY BEST GAME EVER!!!!!
  2. MichaelP.
    Dec 31, 2002
    This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out for all ages, and can be customized to fit how fast or slow you would like the game to move! A+++++++ Expand
  3. ShaneH.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game rulez its betta then final fantasy 10 and ive completed it but still love to play it, it's one of the best games ive played!!! CLASS GAME
  4. YoyoD.
    Feb 23, 2003
    I really like this game and it has real live graphics. But I wish it was a little longer and had more Disney characters in it. When you beat the game it leaves you with some questions. Like what's going to happen to Riku, King Mickey, and kairi. I hope it come out with another Kingdom Hearts. I like the game Kingdom hearts because it leave you guessing.
  5. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    Man One Of The Best Games I've Played Ever And Not Just Disney But Also Final Fantasy Characters In Here Too Im Just Speachless About This Game Its So Tight.
  6. Uter
    Apr 28, 2004
    I like the disney themes, but come on. This game is is seriously unexciting. It's more square table scraps.
  7. NielsM.
    Aug 12, 2004
    The magic of this game is overwelming,when I first played this game I was very enthousiastic about the mix of disney and final fantasy,this game is a true masterpiece.This game gives a 20 hours fun gameplay of the highest level, go buy this pearl!!!!
  8. AdamE.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This game was the best i can"t wait till the next one comes out i have looked every for the trailer.
  9. HannahL.
    Oct 31, 2005
    This is such a WONDERFUL game, I love it. Such beautiful colors. I've never seen such colors in my life. Love the characters, love the story, and love the gameplay. BUT, it's very confusing at times. Overall, FANTASTIC!! I wish I could give it a 10, but it has to be a 9 because it's so confusing!
  10. MarkA.
    Nov 2, 2006
    This game was so boring I couldn't even finish it. Total waste of money.
  11. AdamC.
    Apr 11, 2006
    this game is the greatest game of all time and its ridiculous that it got only and 85...but the irony is that the critics are all old 40 year-old "heartless" guys who can't see past a wacky camera and excesive enemies and take in the powerful storyline and compelling characters.
  12. LarryL.
    Aug 22, 2007
    The best thing ever to gaming history, its really fun, and a clever mix of ff and disney characters, as childish as it might seem, people of all ages would like this game.
  13. AnonymousMC
    Feb 22, 2008
    I just bought hte game about two weeks ago, yeh how late am I, but I first played Kingdom hearts chain of memories on the gba and i freakin' loved it so when i got my PS2 the first game I bought was Kingdom Hearts and I like it even though I hate the way they made the colesium and how hard it is to beat Yuffi and Leon but I still love the game and when Iam finished with this oneI just bought hte game about two weeks ago, yeh how late am I, but I first played Kingdom hearts chain of memories on the gba and i freakin' loved it so when i got my PS2 the first game I bought was Kingdom Hearts and I like it even though I hate the way they made the colesium and how hard it is to beat Yuffi and Leon but I still love the game and when Iam finished with this one I'm going to get Kingdom Hearts 2 and hopefully I will like it just as much as I like the first one, HEM! Expand
  14. LukeR.
    Nov 13, 2002
    This game is the best adventure game since Zelda! The Story, graphics, gameplay, voices, and batlle system are 10 out of 10.
  15. RoanD.
    Dec 17, 2002
    Although Square are already well known in the field for innovative game play, inventive characters and well developed plot lines, Disney have frequently failed to impress the games market with thier limited games based on single movies. The decision to team up with Square was unusual but commendable. Kingdom Hearts takes the assets of both comapnies and amalgamates them into a visually Although Square are already well known in the field for innovative game play, inventive characters and well developed plot lines, Disney have frequently failed to impress the games market with thier limited games based on single movies. The decision to team up with Square was unusual but commendable. Kingdom Hearts takes the assets of both comapnies and amalgamates them into a visually stunning, well plotted game spanning a wealth of age groups and backgrounds as no game has done since Zelda on the 64. Of particular interest is the use of many Disney locations, and teh re-emergance of Square's Final Fantasy favourites in new guises. Of all the games I have played this year, Kingdom Hearts has surpassed all and filled me with an obssession to play that I have not felt since the launch of FF7 so very long ago. Expand
  16. MattA.
    Dec 24, 2002
    At first when my mom bought it for christmas I was very skeptical about wanting it. I mean how fun would a 16 year old think a disney game is, and also i was never into Final Fantasy. But now after reading all the reviews and comments, I am pretty stoked on recieving this gift tomorrow. I hope it lives up to everybodys' word.
  17. RyanM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    An immensely entertaining, hours-on-end, fully flourished game that, if I may say so myself, is the game of the year.
  18. aDDiCt
    Dec 31, 2002
    Aight man im gunna give it to ya straioght, dis game was DOPE!, at first i thought it was gunna be gay cuz it had Disney Characters in it, but den wen i heard it was gunna have finalfantasy in it too i was like cool, so i tried it den i played it so much dat i became a KINGDOM HEARTS aDDiCt. nd dats wut i think of dis game.
  19. AbeG.
    Nov 28, 2003
    People underestimate this game but that's not true. Awesome gameplay, mixed with mindblowing graphics, set this game amongst the greats.
  20. RileyI.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Best game i ever had.
  21. Sep 23, 2010
    The crossing of Square's Eastern RPG sensibilities with the magic of Disney results in a charming and most enjoyable journey to save your friends, your world, and the universe itself.
  22. Dec 16, 2010
    This game should not work and probably shouldn't have sold so many copies. Its just mad that this got through. Until you play it and get sucked in. All lets go through this and cover all the bases I can. Plot: You really wouldn't believe me because its Japanese. Its not racism (at least, not intentionally) but to a tiny-minded westerner like myself, this stuff is bonkers. After waking upThis game should not work and probably shouldn't have sold so many copies. Its just mad that this got through. Until you play it and get sucked in. All lets go through this and cover all the bases I can. Plot: You really wouldn't believe me because its Japanese. Its not racism (at least, not intentionally) but to a tiny-minded westerner like myself, this stuff is bonkers. After waking up from a strange dream, Sora and his friends - Riku and Kiari - plan to get away from their still lives on a tropical island in the Destiny Islands. To do this, they build a raft. This all gets kicked in the head when Riku opens a portal of darkness (because anything else wouldn't be reckless or hard enough), sucking him, Sora and the rest of the Island with it. Sora lands somewhere new with a new weapon, the legendary Keyblade. He must find his friends and solve the mysteries surrounding his new weapon. That's the simplified version. There is so much more stuff in there to fry your brain and its fantastically presented. I've left out the games own spirituality because I'll sound like a lunatic. The word 'heart' is used to much, it might actually be being used as punctuation. It's a little nuts to a westerner but in a good way. While the inclusion of Final Fantasy VII characters is nice because its a J-RPG with all this pseudo-spirituality mushiness, some players may be turned off. Others maybe turned off further by the Disney characters running around. All the characters are written quite authentically but they all appear to have been affected by Square Enix's presence. Even the colourful Disney characters have hints of the same unrealistic hollowness that seems to effect Final Fantasy characters when Square removed a portion of their emotions. But, the characters still have their charms, it just depends on which you are in the company off. Jack Skeleton is the agreed high point with Pooh and Ursula actually having any real appeal. Gameplay: This is odd. Kingdom Hearts looked at the RPG norm but then screwed in hack and slash elements instead. This does actually work quite well as a basher of the RPG norm. If you can't be bothered to fight, there is a chance you can escape without being killed by simply running away. If you were ever annoyed with randomly missing in Turn-based RPG's then Kingdom Hearts challenges you to catch the git yourself. Want to hit someone? Push X. No need to let the computer do anything. If you do, simply mash the X button like a manic woodpecker, you run the risk of constant attack so you can gain extra moves to pull to avoid and defend against attacks. Avoiding works well but defending requires practice. Otherwise, a normal RPG but be warned. This game might look cute and cuddly but its difficulty curve is there to make you think otherwise. It can be pretty nasty and does require some grinding for some of those massive bosses. Although, not all the bosses are massive. The developers must have realised that a normal sized boss is just as, if not more of a threat than a larger one. Asthetics: It looks lovely more or less through out. Its bright, colourful and appealing. Overall: Very good. Agreed, Disney characters aren't always the best to hang around with but its good but to smack Yuffie in the face with a massive key. Didn't I mention that? Expand
  23. Feb 16, 2011
    Probably the most underrated PS2 game of all time, along with it's sequel, Kingdom Hearts is a phenomenal game. Interesting and new RPG mechanics mixed with splendid graphics and gameplay make it stand out but it is the story that will entice you. Following Sora's quest to save his friends becomes entertaining, heart-warming, beautiful, sinister and quite frankly, brilliant. Until KingdomProbably the most underrated PS2 game of all time, along with it's sequel, Kingdom Hearts is a phenomenal game. Interesting and new RPG mechanics mixed with splendid graphics and gameplay make it stand out but it is the story that will entice you. Following Sora's quest to save his friends becomes entertaining, heart-warming, beautiful, sinister and quite frankly, brilliant. Until Kingdom Hearts 3 is released (any day now), there will never be another game like this again. Expand
  24. Apr 11, 2011
    Kingdom Hearts will more or less appeal to the older demographic than its target Disney audience. Pros: An unexpectedly perfect blend of Disney and Square, solid action RPG gameplay, and glossy soundtrack. Cons: Hit or miss visuals and a bit over-complex storyline.
  25. Mar 26, 2011
    Kingdom Hearts is probably one of the most unkown and underrated games on the Playstation 2. I have both Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 and play them all the time, you definitely have to buy this game.
  26. May 22, 2011
    Final Fantasy and RPG lovers have fallen in love with Kingdom Hearts, a surprising, but entirely unique collaboration between Square Enix and Disney. Pros: Beautiful visuals; innovative battle system; lots of Disney worlds to explore; fantastic soundtrack. Cons: The story may be too confusing or melodramatic for some to follow; boring gummi ship sequences; quirky camera.
  27. May 23, 2011
    THIS IS A GREAT GAME you need to buy this game it's fun and lasts for months and the people who gave it a low score because it's hard aren't the best gamers it's hard somtimes which is a very good thing, BUY IT NOW!!!
  28. Sep 17, 2011
    I can't keep track of how many times I've played this. I've even made my own strategy guide, not that I need one. I love visiting all the different Disney movies, I think the only bad thing I would say is I wish they included more! I also love that they managed to rally together almost all the original voice actors to all these movies.
  29. Dec 1, 2011
    Now I have to admit, whenever I hear about a new Kingdom Hearts game, I go mental (except for Kingdom Hearts 365 1/2 Days). When I first got this game, I thought it was one of those games that wasn't getting that much hype and wasn't fun to play, but I was way, WAY wrong. Kingdom Hearts is a great RPG, but not the same type that you would expect from something like The Witcher 2, with allNow I have to admit, whenever I hear about a new Kingdom Hearts game, I go mental (except for Kingdom Hearts 365 1/2 Days). When I first got this game, I thought it was one of those games that wasn't getting that much hype and wasn't fun to play, but I was way, WAY wrong. Kingdom Hearts is a great RPG, but not the same type that you would expect from something like The Witcher 2, with all of the swords, medieval like worlds and girls. Kingdom Hearts still has a lot of collecting. There's collecting key-chains, collecting new and more powerful weapons for your companions, Donald and Goofy to use, and collecting blocks in space missions, Kingdom Hearts is still an RPG and a great one too. The game also has the perfect amount of challenge, even after having this game for a few years now, I still haven't beaten the last boss. Fail, yes I know. The only thing I think they should improve on, is the combat, you'll mainly be pressing the attack button for most of the game, but when you get near the end of the game, you start to get some really awesome stuff. Expand
  30. Nov 18, 2011
    Incredible RPG-Action game made by Squareenix featuring the beloved Squareenix and Disney characters all in the same universe fighting against the evil heartless who threaten to destroy their world. This game contains old classic disney characters, their worlds and the music as playable stages. You take the role of Sora who team up with Donald and Goofy to save the worlds from theIncredible RPG-Action game made by Squareenix featuring the beloved Squareenix and Disney characters all in the same universe fighting against the evil heartless who threaten to destroy their world. This game contains old classic disney characters, their worlds and the music as playable stages. You take the role of Sora who team up with Donald and Goofy to save the worlds from the heartless. Storyline, Music, Graphics all perfect score bundled with incredible gameplay and nostalgia. Expand

1. The battles that unfold are as beautful as they are intense, and as difficult as they are easy to manhandle. [Oct 2002, p.76]
  2. To say that Kingdom Hearts is magical is an understatement. As cinematic experiences go, it's exquisite. It's not the finest in terms of action, but overall, it's wonderful. [Oct 2002, p.74]
  3. Has a few flaws, but its unique character pairings and jaw-dropping graphics make this a remarkable RPG.