8.8

1. NeaH.
    Oct 23, 2002
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS GAME!!!! I don't think i could part with this one. It has great graphics, song, characters, story, etc. It has to be the best game that disney has ever made or i have ever seen! ^.^
  2. TarikT.
    Sep 30, 2002
    Great game. Don't judge games by their looks, i'm loving this game, those of you who think this game is for p***ys you are wrong, in fact you guys are the sissys for not giving this game a chance its really fun go ahead gove it a rental if you are opened minded to video games and if your not a sissy.
  3. MingC.
    Jun 9, 2003
    Love Disney, love this...
  4. DonaldN.
    Mar 9, 2004
    the most mushiest and best game squaresoft has made. sure the disney thing is so-so, but who doesn't like something crazy.......like a pineapple or a frog.
  5. JudeS.
    Jul 23, 2004
    This is the best game ever made!!!! I love it soooo much!!! It the coolest!
  6. ThamWeiErn
    Mar 4, 2005
    Best GAME Ever Made!!!
  7. BenD.
    Aug 3, 2006
    perfect the most perfect game ever even though i don't have it or a ps2 for that matter.
  8. MikeE
    Jan 10, 2009
    I was very reluctant to play this game at first because Disney has this reputation of producing "fluff" material that are supposedly family oriented *cough* Bolt *cough*. However, I was more interested to hear at the time that Squaresoft (at the time) was involved with this project. Once I placed the disc into the system, picked up the controller, title sequence began, I was immediately I was very reluctant to play this game at first because Disney has this reputation of producing "fluff" material that are supposedly family oriented *cough* Bolt *cough*. However, I was more interested to hear at the time that Squaresoft (at the time) was involved with this project. Once I placed the disc into the system, picked up the controller, title sequence began, I was immediately hooked. This game surpassed my expectations. It has squaresoft quality and disney still gets the wholesome message out that is notable. I have read and heard several complaints about the game play. Now, I want you to go online, video game store, or even if you own it look at the case and I want you to read the rating. What does it say? E for everyone for ages 10 and up. Right there! You should already know the demographic for this game. If a game is rated E then you should take in consideration of what the game play might be like. It's going to be something easy and accessible for some youngian to pick and play. Stop being picky and enjoy the game, if that is possible. The cool thing about the game play it's based in real time instead of standing there waiting to attack. It is more refreshing to say the least. The only gripe I really have is the camera angles, which should of been with the right analog stick from the beginning but that was fixed in KH2 thankfully. The characters are completely endearing. Sora is that kid who just wants to hang out and be with his friends and could be considered the underdog in this adventure. Also, he has the innocence to him about having a crush on your closest female friend. It's very relatable. As you embark on your quest your main objective is to find your friends but encountering Donald and Goofy your main objective becomes protecting several disney worlds that have their own theme. Every time you go to a different world more interest is created with the atmosphere of that world and my favorite aspect of the game: the music. It's a wonderful soundtrack, I own all of them as we speak. *Multiple fingers point at him, voices in the background shouting "geek!"* Indeed, lol. Everything about this game seems to be perfect, well scratch that, it's really enjoyable. The game works well with all the elements that have been placed before it. It's a well thought out game and I am not ashamed of saying that I own it in my PS2 collection. If you're one of those folks who thinks that ending is on the verge of propaganda and all that non-sense. Get your heads out of your arses, seriously. It's made to be a positive experience and said a decent message out about friendship and how the light perserveres over darkness. Like I said, think about the rating and the demographic. Fun light hearted game filled with great spectacle values and a great story. Love it. Expand
  9. SamanthaM.
    Oct 14, 2002
    I love the graphics and the story plot, the fact that it is a Disney game gives it a historic and remembral plot.
  10. Kenneth
    Oct 2, 2002
    I think this game is great, It has all the original voices from all of Disney's movies as well as the return of some of the great Final Fantasy Games. The ability to lock on to an enemy and have the constant battle action is great. In my opinion the only problem I have is the camera, it keeps moving around and there is no way to set it so it will stay like that through out the game. I think this game is great, It has all the original voices from all of Disney's movies as well as the return of some of the great Final Fantasy Games. The ability to lock on to an enemy and have the constant battle action is great. In my opinion the only problem I have is the camera, it keeps moving around and there is no way to set it so it will stay like that through out the game. This is the RPG game of the Year. Expand
  11. Kat
    Oct 9, 2002
    It truly is one of the greatest games made for disney. I was expecting a kids game but it was way better than that. I plot makes you want to find out what happens next. I just had problems with the camera angles. You should try this game. You will love it.
  12. JerryT.
    Jan 1, 2003
    Wen i first saw this game i was like this looks like the fruitiest game in the world. then i played it and was like u have to be fruity not to like this game.
  13. ClayF.
    Mar 14, 2003
    I like it! It takes a while to beat most of the bosses. It's a good stradegy game and it really gets you thinking.
  14. Jon
    Mar 16, 2003
    Very fun game to play with lots of guessing and adventure. Probably the best game I have ever played, packed with emotion, wonder, and fantasy. If you havent played this game yet, you are missing out. The end of the game makes it all worth while. The only flaw in this game is the gummi ship in the beginning because you can't warp from world to world.
  15. TrixieJ.
    Mar 2, 2003
    OH-My-GOD!! This is the best game I have ever played since I was 5! Great graphics, nice song choices, great voices, and did I mention great graphics? On a scale to 1-10, id give it a 1,000,000!
  16. JohnL.
    Mar 31, 2003
    At first I thought this was going to be the lamest game ever but as a goy further in it I thought it was the BEST!
  17. MichaelH.
    May 27, 2003
    This is the greatest game ever. It was long, fun, interesting. And over all it was a bad a_s game.
  18. BobC.
    Jun 1, 2003
    It was one of the best games I have ever played. The songs were good and I grew to be attached to the characters. The only confusing thing is what happens in the end? I hope they make a sequel.
  19. XixianFlac
    Jul 25, 2003
    First off this game was very very impressive. the graphics the music and gameplay were GREAT!! I play this game over and over again till theres no end. I also like the fact that there was some final fantasy characters in this game like Squall and them..also Cloud and Sephiroth were the best looking final fantasy characters in the game. And I dont like the fact that they gave Squall long First off this game was very very impressive. the graphics the music and gameplay were GREAT!! I play this game over and over again till theres no end. I also like the fact that there was some final fantasy characters in this game like Squall and them..also Cloud and Sephiroth were the best looking final fantasy characters in the game. And I dont like the fact that they gave Squall long hair, it just didnt look right. I wish they could have made Sephiroth and Cloud join the team cause they Rock....and they should have put Vincent in it from FF7! The only thing that i DONNOT like is that Goofy is on your team , he is a total f***in retart..and doesnt like to fight?...what kind of knight is he...that dont like using swords.!? But other than that the game is GREAT, and i loved it very very much!!.....I heard that they are going to make a sequel ..and you can tell because of the ending..and hopefully in the near future we will be expectng that!! ^_- Expand
  20. NikkiS.
    Jan 19, 2004
    OH GOSH! This game is the best of all eternity of games created! Anyone who should say different obviously hasn't played it! American Idol, NAH! Zelda, NO WAY! Rayman, BOO! Kingdom Hearts, YOU KNOW IT! Go out and buy this game while youy have a chance, it is amazing, the graphics, and the sound is outstanding! The best part is the graphics, again, because you feel like you are IN the OH GOSH! This game is the best of all eternity of games created! Anyone who should say different obviously hasn't played it! American Idol, NAH! Zelda, NO WAY! Rayman, BOO! Kingdom Hearts, YOU KNOW IT! Go out and buy this game while youy have a chance, it is amazing, the graphics, and the sound is outstanding! The best part is the graphics, again, because you feel like you are IN the game! WHOO HOO! This game deserves a 10, truly! Expand
  21. JamieW.
    Jan 2, 2004
    On a 1-10 scale I must say it deserves a 15. This 5-star game has a fabulous story and extremely great graphics. I hate to say that I think it's series will be much more fun and exciting than the FF games, but no one will really admit it. The KH fighting system is WAY better than FF. I was so happy to find that Square didn't use the FF fighting strategy in KH. Who ever takes On a 1-10 scale I must say it deserves a 15. This 5-star game has a fabulous story and extremely great graphics. I hate to say that I think it's series will be much more fun and exciting than the FF games, but no one will really admit it. The KH fighting system is WAY better than FF. I was so happy to find that Square didn't use the FF fighting strategy in KH. Who ever takes turns in a fight anyway? With the two special ending trailors and special hiddin villains you can get in KH will keep you replaying the game over and over. My friend and I are on our fourth time playing the game. The FF series has been getting a bit old anyways; it's time to move on to new and better things. The story, characters and even then fighting system in KH will always keep me coming back for more. Expand
  22. Saiyangirl
    Jun 23, 2004
    I may not have gotten out of the town yet(i just cant beat that boss!) but i now a masterpiece when i see one!
  23. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Jul 17, 2004
    I love this game! It is very addicting. It is challenging but not too chalenging (unless you're fighting the optional boss Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)) the gameplay may sorta be simple and stupid but sometimes I had to think up a strategy like against Sephiroth and I beat him YAY!!! I loved those classic Disney worlds Wonderland, Neverland, Halloween Town and more! I admit though I love this game! It is very addicting. It is challenging but not too chalenging (unless you're fighting the optional boss Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)) the gameplay may sorta be simple and stupid but sometimes I had to think up a strategy like against Sephiroth and I beat him YAY!!! I loved those classic Disney worlds Wonderland, Neverland, Halloween Town and more! I admit though certain things annoyed me camera problems here and there, Lock-On system sucks hurts more than it helps and some people annoyed me the final boss (I won't say!) was not only a total wuss he used the word Darkness in EVERY SENTENCE and you're comrades will use the items you give them really fast like as soon as you give it to them. The graphics are absolutly awesome. There atre tons of weapons to get I still haven't gotten them all I need one more for Goofy but I already have his strongest weapon so I don't really care. Barely any replay value at all. It is one of my favorite games PS2 games ever maybe hey maybe even one of my favorite games ever!! Please buy this game. Expand
  24. BeccaA.
    Aug 20, 2004
    Ok now I wouldn't say that this game is the most amazing game I've ever played, being that I am a hard core Final Fantasy fan, but when I saw Squall and the others I was floored. It was the biggest surprise to see them running around with Disney characters. The storyline is great and I love the fighting style. The soundtrack is just gorgeous. I want to play it again now that Ok now I wouldn't say that this game is the most amazing game I've ever played, being that I am a hard core Final Fantasy fan, but when I saw Squall and the others I was floored. It was the biggest surprise to see them running around with Disney characters. The storyline is great and I love the fighting style. The soundtrack is just gorgeous. I want to play it again now that I'm talking about it. When does the second one come out again? Expand
  25. WhiteWarrior
    Jan 10, 2005
    One of the most absorbing RGP's I have played in a long time. The inclusion of both Final Fantasy and Disney characters was pure genius, mainly because it allows for young and old, rookie and veteran gamers to enjoy while offering easy gameplay and challenge (not to mention a whole lot of goodies for those completionists out there). The storyline is superb and really makes this game One of the most absorbing RGP's I have played in a long time. The inclusion of both Final Fantasy and Disney characters was pure genius, mainly because it allows for young and old, rookie and veteran gamers to enjoy while offering easy gameplay and challenge (not to mention a whole lot of goodies for those completionists out there). The storyline is superb and really makes this game captivating. Not many games today hold your attention and keep you at the controller the way Kingdom Hearts does. Expand
  26. Sammi
    Dec 1, 2005
    That game was the best game I have ever played. It had a great story and played well. I can't wait for the sequel!
  27. AlexA.
    Apr 3, 2005
    I loved playing this game. also i recommened that anyone who hasnt played the game yet, they should begin to... because the 2nd game comes out in september!!!
  28. IsaacR.
    May 1, 2006
    I cannot belive you people think the game is bad. i mean sure "some" people may find the camrea a little hard to deal with.(not me). but the story, characters, gameplay and uniquness makes it the best. This is the best game that you will ever play!
  29. RodneyH.
    Sep 9, 2006
    This is the greatest game of all time I don't care what those other people say this is a great game.
  30. AnonymousMC
    Aug 18, 2008
    This is one of the most amazing games of all time! I did not discover it until 2008, and I mourn all the years I could have been playing it. The storyline is captivating, and the characters seem so real one bonds with them! Very few games give me goosebumps when I beat it, every time, no matter if it is the 32nd.
  31. JoeyV
    Oct 20, 2009
    Look the others have said, this is one of the best games ever created. I loved the incredible story, enthralling quotes, and beautiful music, as the high points. But don't worry the gameplay is pretty good too. Of course when you think of Final Fantasy+Disney it = GTFO. But believe it or not, it works beautifully.
  32. AnonymousMC
    Apr 15, 2009
    epic a masterpeice in gaming and truly unique in every sense i love this game with a passion and if i should ever find another copy (other one was sold without my knoledge) i will buy even if its 100$ this game is the best rpg ever made it combines the family friendliness and stories of disney with the godliek awsoem of the final fantasy franchise (appluads)
  33. EmilyP
    Jun 5, 2009
    This is probably the most beautiful games I've ever played. When I first played it at a friend's house, I expected it to be some fun, easy-going game like Mario or Donkey Kong, But I bought it and found that it was much deeper than that. I found it to be dark, like Final Fantasy, but it held that sort of Disney magic that connot be paralelled. The quality of the graphics and This is probably the most beautiful games I've ever played. When I first played it at a friend's house, I expected it to be some fun, easy-going game like Mario or Donkey Kong, But I bought it and found that it was much deeper than that. I found it to be dark, like Final Fantasy, but it held that sort of Disney magic that connot be paralelled. The quality of the graphics and music were stunning, the characters wonderful, and the whole mood just so memorable that I can't compare it to any other game. It has a touching innocence about it that easily softens you up. You CANNOT think of this as your standard shooting-robots-level-three-high-score video game; it is more like a movie, something to be patient with. And the best part was, I think, that the ending resembled the old Final Fantasy sad yet touching ending, like FFX. I was certain that this game would end all sugar-coated and too happy, but I was surprised when it didn't. In fact, every time I hear "Never Land Sky", "Traverse Town", and "Dearly Beloved", it makes me close to crying! Anyone who loves either Disney OR Final Fantasy should seriously try this game. DO NOT PLAY KINGDOM HEARTS 2 FIRST. It will ruin the whole thing for you. Expand
  34. SteveL.
    Oct 11, 2002
    Bad @$$!
  35. BenP.
    Oct 11, 2002
    It's so cool! I've never seen a game like it. It has every thing I like in a game; cool graphics, the ability to gain levels, and interesting story line.
  36. MatthewT.
    Oct 13, 2002
    I love this game and i already beat it and I'm trying to get ther 2nd ending the game was a blast sure there is always some parts in a game that you dont like but thats hard to find in this one even if Donald and Goofy are in your party.
  37. MarkH.
    Oct 22, 2002
    SWEET!!!
  38. Sho-langA.
    Dec 5, 2002
    OkayI'm a sucker for this game! well you can't blame me!! the game play is rather a bit dull and interesting but seeing the opening theme song made it all change! I just love it! Utada Hikari is a genius!! Hearing the theme "Simple and Clean" made it all worth while, at least that's really the reason why I play it! O.o!!
  39. Ryan
    Oct 6, 2002
    This is a ten! no question. The graphics are great. the battle system is amazing. Barly any glitches. this is truly one of the greatest games ever made!
  40. ZainA.
    Feb 10, 2003
    It is so cool. I salute whichever nutjob that thought of this.I can't wait until they release Kingdom Hearts 2.
  41. JohannesB.
    Feb 18, 2003
    I did first think this was a baby game. But when i did play this game i did play it very much! This game can be serious some time! The music and the graphic is good! Traverse town is so nice! I want to live in that town! Whataever this is one of the best game in the world and it is a good start for Disney and Squaresoft!!!
  42. JustinH.
    Mar 6, 2003
    It's got cool characters, levels, bosses, and the graphics.
  43. DavidG.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Graphics are fantastic, combats are original and fun.
  44. ArielS.
    Jul 19, 2003
    Square and Disney? It's the clash of the best gaming company and classic Disney! The graphics are awesome, the storyline is great, and the creativity is definatly showing! Walk into the world of Square and Disney combined and you'll be amazed! It's great for people of all ages to play. This the the RPG 2002 you'll want to buy!
  45. DaveE.
    Aug 13, 2003
    BRILLIANT is the only word to describe it.
  46. JessS.
    Sep 30, 2003
    Kingdom Hearts was the best game EVER!!! I love everything about it; the graphics, the characters, the music, EVERYTHING! It is my favorite game and I play it over and over. Square and Disney were brilliant! I do hope the sequal gets out soon, and it better be as good as the first one! I was very impressed and I hope I am impressed with the second one!
  47. PhillipG.
    Oct 12, 2004
    This game is fantastic, this is one of the best game for playstation 2 even though I played it at my friends house. I was wondering if ya'll can ask the squaresoft people if they can put Kingdom Hearts for gamecube and xbox just like they did for the mobil phone can you do that for me please.
  48. LilyP.
    Jun 24, 2004
    AMAZING!!! This has got to be one of the best RPGs ever. KH has such unique graphics, talented voice actors, beautiful music, and a great battle system. KH is full of nostalgia from Disney movies to Final Fantasy games; both worlds are blended perfectly.
  49. Tenoko
    Oct 27, 2005
    One of the best rpgs ever, honestly. Could have done without some of the Disney innocence which took away from the dark issues and story line, but i wonderful game none the less. Wonderful graphics, HOT guys, pretty girls,and all your favorite villians! ^_^v I can't wait for KH2.
  50. Shortfuse
    Jan 4, 2006
    the game is fine the only two flaws in this game are the gummi ship thing and the not able to skip the cutscenes like when ever you already scene them before is also anoying but the rest of it is so awsome and it is better then some of the final fantasy games casue the game is good for all ages.
  51. DanaK.
    Nov 2, 2007
    A total awesome game, there is not another game out there that is near as good as this, it does have a couple downsides, but the activeness of the game, gives a spark, that leads to a beautiful fire!
  52. KyleG.
    Aug 29, 2007
    When I first saw the commercial for this game i was like,"a disney game with all the cartoon characters? that's gonna suck!". Then I borrowed it from a friend and played through it...and I played through it again because i liked it so much, but then i had to return it to my friend. I ended up buying it just so i could beat it one more time. This game has the most charm i've ever When I first saw the commercial for this game i was like,"a disney game with all the cartoon characters? that's gonna suck!". Then I borrowed it from a friend and played through it...and I played through it again because i liked it so much, but then i had to return it to my friend. I ended up buying it just so i could beat it one more time. This game has the most charm i've ever seen in a game. The music combined with the wonderfully diverse worlds make it a memorable experience. I liked remembering the game more than playing through it. It's a very nostalgic game because you get to interact with all those disney characters you watched when you were a toddler. Either you love it or you hate it. Expand
  53. GeorgeC.
    Nov 4, 2002
    This game changed my whole perpective towards Disney characters... I didnt really liked Disney until now. This game rocks.
  54. DannyG.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This game so kicks ass! It got me to start liking the Disney characters all over again. It has some problems with the camera, but overall, Kingdom Hearts is the best RPG game I ever played on the PS2!
  55. BryanP.
    Dec 15, 2002
    I thought this game was awsome!!! A lot of sqaresoft's (the best game company ever) Final Fantasy characters came out more clear. The battling is awsome and the ending is sad but i like it that way. The only bad thing is that i had a some problems with the camera but besides that it was one of my favorite games ever. KINGDOM HEARTS ROCKS!!!!!!
  56. MichaelP.
    Dec 31, 2002
    This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out This is an excellent game! Both the music and graphics are very impressive. If you love the Final Fantasy series, you'll LOVE this great game! I love how they had a lot of the Final Fantasy VII character's in this game, mixed with your favorite disney characters! The game touches on both the puzzle-thinking side, as well as the fighting side. This is a great game to reach out for all ages, and can be customized to fit how fast or slow you would like the game to move! A+++++++ Expand
  57. ShaneH.
    Nov 11, 2003
    This game rulez its betta then final fantasy 10 and ive completed it but still love to play it, it's one of the best games ive played!!! CLASS GAME
  58. Hellboy
    Nov 4, 2004
    Man One Of The Best Games I've Played Ever And Not Just Disney But Also Final Fantasy Characters In Here Too Im Just Speachless About This Game Its So Tight.
  59. EduardoR.
    Apr 22, 2004
    Excellent game, one of the best games I have played in my life, very engaging game play and really cool story line, on top of that it has awesome graphics. It filled up the empty space in the PS2 world for action-RPG like Zelda.
  60. NielsM.
    Aug 12, 2004
    The magic of this game is overwelming,when I first played this game I was very enthousiastic about the mix of disney and final fantasy,this game is a true masterpiece.This game gives a 20 hours fun gameplay of the highest level, go buy this pearl!!!!
  61. AdamE.
    Sep 27, 2004
    This game was the best i can"t wait till the next one comes out i have looked every for the trailer.
  62. AnonymousMC
    Dec 25, 2005
    come on, thsi one of the most amazing master pieces of square soft not square-enix because since squaresoft joins enix his games are such boring only want money , fantasy go away, I wait kingdom hearts ii wil be good and enix dont contaminate and destroy such a great game
  63. AdamC.
    Apr 11, 2006
    this game is the greatest game of all time and its ridiculous that it got only and 85...but the irony is that the critics are all old 40 year-old "heartless" guys who can't see past a wacky camera and excesive enemies and take in the powerful storyline and compelling characters.
  64. LarryL.
    Aug 22, 2007
    The best thing ever to gaming history, its really fun, and a clever mix of ff and disney characters, as childish as it might seem, people of all ages would like this game.
  65. LukeR.
    Nov 13, 2002
    This game is the best adventure game since Zelda! The Story, graphics, gameplay, voices, and batlle system are 10 out of 10.
  66. HeatherG.
    Dec 26, 2002
    I'm a die-hard Final Fantasy fan and a loyalist to Square, which--in my opinion--is the very best developer in existence. I'm *not* a Disney fan... but that doesn't matter. This game is so breathtakingly beautiful and fun to play that the first time I put it into my PS2, I was gobsmacked (actually, I still am). The fluidity of the characters' movement is incredible, I'm a die-hard Final Fantasy fan and a loyalist to Square, which--in my opinion--is the very best developer in existence. I'm *not* a Disney fan... but that doesn't matter. This game is so breathtakingly beautiful and fun to play that the first time I put it into my PS2, I was gobsmacked (actually, I still am). The fluidity of the characters' movement is incredible, the graphics are gorgeous, game-play is lots of fun and the voice acting is top-notch. Best of all, KH gives Final Fantasy fanatics a chance to catch up with longtime faves (Squall, Aeris, Cloud, Tidus, Wakka, Selphie, Yuffie, etc.), and to actually *hear* those characters speak brings the experience to an entirely new level. If you're an RPG gamer, and especially if you're a Square/Final Fantasy freak, Kingdom Hearts should be a must-have on your list. No gamer's library is complete without it. Expand
  67. RyanM.
    Dec 29, 2002
    An immensely entertaining, hours-on-end, fully flourished game that, if I may say so myself, is the game of the year.
  68. RileyI.
    Dec 22, 2004
    Best game i ever had.
  69. Feb 16, 2011
    Probably the most underrated PS2 game of all time, along with it's sequel, Kingdom Hearts is a phenomenal game. Interesting and new RPG mechanics mixed with splendid graphics and gameplay make it stand out but it is the story that will entice you. Following Sora's quest to save his friends becomes entertaining, heart-warming, beautiful, sinister and quite frankly, brilliant. Until KingdomProbably the most underrated PS2 game of all time, along with it's sequel, Kingdom Hearts is a phenomenal game. Interesting and new RPG mechanics mixed with splendid graphics and gameplay make it stand out but it is the story that will entice you. Following Sora's quest to save his friends becomes entertaining, heart-warming, beautiful, sinister and quite frankly, brilliant. Until Kingdom Hearts 3 is released (any day now), there will never be another game like this again. Expand
  70. Mar 26, 2011
    Kingdom Hearts is probably one of the most unkown and underrated games on the Playstation 2. I have both Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 and play them all the time, you definitely have to buy this game.
  71. May 21, 2011
    Is Kingdom Hearts a flawed game? Yes it is. The combat is lacking and simple and the set camera is atrocious. But there's a quality to it that can't be explained. The worlds can only be described as magical, the characters are timeless and the story, although just typical Japanese crazyness, is beautiful to behold. Its a package that is much more than the sum of its parts and it gives me aIs Kingdom Hearts a flawed game? Yes it is. The combat is lacking and simple and the set camera is atrocious. But there's a quality to it that can't be explained. The worlds can only be described as magical, the characters are timeless and the story, although just typical Japanese crazyness, is beautiful to behold. Its a package that is much more than the sum of its parts and it gives me a feeling of wonder and serenity that nothing has given me before, let alone a video game. Expand
  72. Sep 17, 2011
    I can't keep track of how many times I've played this. I've even made my own strategy guide, not that I need one. I love visiting all the different Disney movies, I think the only bad thing I would say is I wish they included more! I also love that they managed to rally together almost all the original voice actors to all these movies.
  73. Nov 18, 2011
    Incredible RPG-Action game made by Squareenix featuring the beloved Squareenix and Disney characters all in the same universe fighting against the evil heartless who threaten to destroy their world. This game contains old classic disney characters, their worlds and the music as playable stages. You take the role of Sora who team up with Donald and Goofy to save the worlds from theIncredible RPG-Action game made by Squareenix featuring the beloved Squareenix and Disney characters all in the same universe fighting against the evil heartless who threaten to destroy their world. This game contains old classic disney characters, their worlds and the music as playable stages. You take the role of Sora who team up with Donald and Goofy to save the worlds from the heartless. Storyline, Music, Graphics all perfect score bundled with incredible gameplay and nostalgia. Expand
  74. Jun 24, 2012
    Definately in my top 3 best PS2 games of all time and in probably my top 10 games of all time. This game has a great story, fun platforming mechanics, an interesting Disney/Final Fantasy mixed world, great music, and very well done graphics especially in cut scenes. If you have a PS2 this is definitely a game worth shelling out a few bucks for. Im kind of hoping they have an HD collectionDefinately in my top 3 best PS2 games of all time and in probably my top 10 games of all time. This game has a great story, fun platforming mechanics, an interesting Disney/Final Fantasy mixed world, great music, and very well done graphics especially in cut scenes. If you have a PS2 this is definitely a game worth shelling out a few bucks for. Im kind of hoping they have an HD collection come out for the PS3 sometime and maybe the porting of a couple of the DS and PSP games over to the PS3. Expand
  75. Jun 3, 2013
    Kingdom hearts is probably one of the best games ever made. The plot initially seems simple but, going forward with the game, it will become more interesting. The mode of the game is really interesting because you can fight with two other computer-controlled characters, the huge variety of department magical abilities (AP) that can be unlocked As you go along and they can improve inKingdom hearts is probably one of the best games ever made. The plot initially seems simple but, going forward with the game, it will become more interesting. The mode of the game is really interesting because you can fight with two other computer-controlled characters, the huge variety of department magical abilities (AP) that can be unlocked As you go along and they can improve in tactical field, the evocations that can be made along with other characters and equipment much pot (you can also equip the other two characters). Interesting that in this game I match put many Disney characters and the world of Final Fantasy. Expand
  76. Dec 29, 2011
    Played this game for the first time 10 years after it was made. The greatest game I've ever played. Great simple story, loving characters, great voice acting. Everything you could ask for.
  77. Aug 18, 2012
    One of my favorite games of all time!! I think it's safe to say that this game will stand the test of time!! It's that amazing! A merging of Square and Disney seems unlikely, but once you've played it, you'll be engrossed in this spellbinding adventure. The story is whimsical and heartwarming, traveling to a different Disney world feels wonderful, and the combat, though it may be simple,One of my favorite games of all time!! I think it's safe to say that this game will stand the test of time!! It's that amazing! A merging of Square and Disney seems unlikely, but once you've played it, you'll be engrossed in this spellbinding adventure. The story is whimsical and heartwarming, traveling to a different Disney world feels wonderful, and the combat, though it may be simple, is very fun, though it would be much better with major readjustments to the camera. With that little flaw aside, this is a game that your PS2 cannot be without!! Expand
  78. May 27, 2012
    An Amazing game and one of my favorite games of all time! Disney and Square Enix characters together??!! What better combo than that! I always wanted to play a game with my childhood favorite characters in it...and this game does it the best. You feel like this world is a real world with real danger. And your favorite characters are real too! You want to see them get thru their ordeal!
  79. Mar 1, 2013
    This is my favorite game of all time and always will be, and I have good reason for it. Almost everything in this game is perfect. Fun, engaging gameplay will keep you playing it for hours upon hours until you beat it. The soundtrack is one of the most beautiful soundtracks in all of gaming, good voice acting too with great voices for all of the Disney characters and the main characters.This is my favorite game of all time and always will be, and I have good reason for it. Almost everything in this game is perfect. Fun, engaging gameplay will keep you playing it for hours upon hours until you beat it. The soundtrack is one of the most beautiful soundtracks in all of gaming, good voice acting too with great voices for all of the Disney characters and the main characters. The environments in the game are crafted beautifully, especially for a PS2 game, the Disney worlds gave SquareSoft a lot of diversity to put into to the games graphical style. The game should easily be fun for everyone with a challenging difficulty that's not too hard, but it's not very easy as well, any gamer would like the difficulty. The best part about the game is the story though, it should please any gamer. I'm not going to give anything away about the story because I feel that if you're going to play the game that you should experience it for yourself, because that can make just a little better. I will say that the story is very depressing and sad, but in my opinion that's the best kind of story, the kind that make you emotional and make you care about it. I literally have one, and only one problem with the game, and that's the camera. The camera is a bit weird in small areas and is a bit disorienting, but it's not really a big deal. You'll only get annoyed by it in a few areas of the game that are just small areas, but you don't really need to go to places like that a lot. As I said before, this game is nearly perfect in every way, and it's an easy recommendation for any person who likes video games. Your life is not complete until you've played Kingdom Hearts, and I mean that. Expand
  80. May 4, 2015
    Kingdom Hearts is a clunky game with plenty of flaws, however I absolutely adore it. Before I discuss what makes Kingdom Hearts so magical, I would like to talk about the negative aspects of this game.

At the beginning of this game, you will be forced to do a number of fetch quests. Said fetch quests make the start of this twenty to thirty hour adventure extremely tedious and boring. I am unsure if there's something wrong with my old PS2 controller, but I could not skip any cut-scenes. This meant that after dying during difficult boss fight multiple times, I had to sit through the same cut scene and listen to the same dialogue over and over again. This game also features a few poorly designed worlds namely, Deep Jungle, Neverland and Adlantica. Before the player enters a new world, he or she must complete a Gummi ship section which is an on rails shooting game. I disliked these levels as they are very slow and seem to go on forever.

I love the combat of Kingdom Hearts. I am very aware that it mostly consists of mashing the x button and occasionally casting a magic spell yet for some reason, I found battling heartless to be very addicting. As a result, level grinding was never a chore for me. Everything about the presentation of Kingdom Hearts is top notch. The graphics are colourful and accurately represent the Disney worlds that Sora, Donald and Goofy explore. During my first and only playthrough, I was always excited and curious to see what Disney world I would find myself in next. The voice acting is also of a high standard. Most of the voice actors are impersonators, however James Woods and Kathryn Beaumont return to fulfil their roles as Hades and Alice. I won't speak too much about the plot, however I must say that the story is the greatest aspect of this game It's deep and keeps the player interested and emotionally invested at all times. Sora, Donalda and Goofy make the story even more enjoyable as they are a lovable cast of main characters. It was a complete joy to watch the friendship between Sora and everyone's favourite temperamental duck and anthropomorphic dog develop.

In conclusion, I know that Kingdom Hearts is far from perfect. However, I decided to reward it with a ten out of ten as that's where it falls on my emotional scale.
  81. Jun 27, 2013
    A game so good in both story and gameplay, you have to play it for yourself. The best thing about the game is the story, combined with the huge ensemble of characters, and worlds you explore. The climax of the game is so eerie and exciting, its hard to say it isn't a near-perfect game. The game only gets better and better, and more mature themes are present later in the game. Everything inA game so good in both story and gameplay, you have to play it for yourself. The best thing about the game is the story, combined with the huge ensemble of characters, and worlds you explore. The climax of the game is so eerie and exciting, its hard to say it isn't a near-perfect game. The game only gets better and better, and more mature themes are present later in the game. Everything in the game has payoff, whether it be starting out with a wooden sword, to later calling fire and thunder to wipe out a group of enemies, or seeing the characters change and mature throughout the game. Probably the best PS2 game of all time. Expand
  82. Jul 2, 2013
    Few game series have ever conveyed such depth and emotion in their games and stayed loyal to fans the way Kingdom Hearts has. This being the beginning of the series it deserves a lot of credit. I was a lot younger when this game first came out and didn't fully appreciate all the amazing character development, story, and other amazing concepts in this game, but I still loved the game forFew game series have ever conveyed such depth and emotion in their games and stayed loyal to fans the way Kingdom Hearts has. This being the beginning of the series it deserves a lot of credit. I was a lot younger when this game first came out and didn't fully appreciate all the amazing character development, story, and other amazing concepts in this game, but I still loved the game for the characters and worlds. People tend to get lost in the story due to it's multiplatform approach, the main villain isn't even shown on console but instead in Birth by Sleep, nonetheless fans are willing to go that distance in order to experience something truly amazing. Some people can't understand how fans are so in love with this series and they possibly never will. The people on Metacritic who undercut this game are simplistic i their thinking and create their reviews to anger true fans. This series deserves better, if you want to get lost in the best series ever made here is the starting line. Expand
  83. Sep 1, 2013
    This is my favorite video game of all time. I have beaten the game over ten times and it still never gets old or boring. what makes it such a good game is how.it has disney character s mixed.in with final fantasy. The game also has a lot of emotion and a lot heart breaking moments making it have a good story line. any one into magic, upgrades, hearts, weapons, love, disney, or finalThis is my favorite video game of all time. I have beaten the game over ten times and it still never gets old or boring. what makes it such a good game is how.it has disney character s mixed.in with final fantasy. The game also has a lot of emotion and a lot heart breaking moments making it have a good story line. any one into magic, upgrades, hearts, weapons, love, disney, or final fantasy will love this game. Expand
  84. Sep 25, 2013
    This game is by far one of my all time favorite games around! It was the game that actually made me buy a PS2 in the first place. It has such an amazing storyline, fantastic characters, and takes you inside the world of Disney in a very interesting and unique way. I was crazy over this game for so long and still love it to this day. I would rate it so much higher if I was able to. ItThis game is by far one of my all time favorite games around! It was the game that actually made me buy a PS2 in the first place. It has such an amazing storyline, fantastic characters, and takes you inside the world of Disney in a very interesting and unique way. I was crazy over this game for so long and still love it to this day. I would rate it so much higher if I was able to. It deserves any praise it gets. Expand
  85. May 12, 2017
    Wow...just wow. "Kingdom Hearts" is a game that mixes Disney worlds and stories with "Final Fantasy," creating an RPG-experience boasting plenty of fanservice for children and Disney fans alike. At it's core, a game with such a combination shouldn't have worked. Final Fantasy: Disney Edition? That's just ridiculous. 15 years later, "Kingdom Hearts" is still an extremely popular andWow...just wow. "Kingdom Hearts" is a game that mixes Disney worlds and stories with "Final Fantasy," creating an RPG-experience boasting plenty of fanservice for children and Disney fans alike. At it's core, a game with such a combination shouldn't have worked. Final Fantasy: Disney Edition? That's just ridiculous. 15 years later, "Kingdom Hearts" is still an extremely popular and well-received series (even with all the complaints that 3 isn't out yet) and the original game is still extremely popular. And for fantastic reason, as well.
    "Kingdom Hearts" is an absolutely brilliant game. It's a blast to play, it's visually fantastic to this day (even with a few small oddities), the worlds are breathtaking, the story is intricate and detailed, the dialogue is great, the characters are brilliant and memorable, the Disney magic is absolutely there, and the music...wow, the music. It's easily one of the best video game soundtracks I've heard. For lack of a different way to put it, "Kingdom Hearts" is truly a magical and memorable experience, and that's why it stands as one of my favorite video games.
    All that said, though, the game isn't PERFECT. The platforming is VERY wonky, the camera is kind of uncooperative (though, since I played the Final Mix version, it's way better thanks to analog camera controls) and the game VERY SLIGHTLY overstays its welcome. I won't spoil it, but the final world in the game feels like it drags on a bit too much and builds itself on monotony. Even so, "Kingdom Hearts" is a brilliant video game that RPG fans, Final Fantasy fans, Disney fans, children, teens, adults, and gamers in general, should absolutely check out!
    Final rating: 10 out of 10 "Fantastic"
  86. Feb 21, 2014
    This is one of the first games I played as a kid, and is my favorite game ever. First off, the combat is really fun, and I don't understand why some people don't like it. It is not a button mashing game at all. If you button mash in this game, you will not make it very far at all. The enemies can BLOCK YOU, so button mashing is a very bad idea. Another thing is the story is amazing. It isThis is one of the first games I played as a kid, and is my favorite game ever. First off, the combat is really fun, and I don't understand why some people don't like it. It is not a button mashing game at all. If you button mash in this game, you will not make it very far at all. The enemies can BLOCK YOU, so button mashing is a very bad idea. Another thing is the story is amazing. It is easily one of my favorite stories in a video game. There are a few really great plot twists, notably at Hollow Bastion, a world later in the game. If you don't play the game past that world, you are missing a lot of amazing cut scenes. Overall, this is still one great RPG. Expand
  87. Mar 2, 2014
    I do not play video games very often, and this was the first one I ever finished. The story is fabulous, and I love the characters and art.

The game gets more difficult at an excellent pace, and it gives you time to go back and level up or practice at worlds you've already beaten. The only thing I didn't care for was the gummi ships. I hated having to use it once per level, and I

The only thing I didn't care for was the gummi ships. I hated having to use it once per level, and I never did figure out how to build one or why anyone would want to. I just held down the button to fire the whole time.
  88. Dec 10, 2014
    i think this was the best kingdom hearts ever i mena it starts off slow because you are roxas but it gets way better after him. so man bosses lol for some reason i cant get past the dance water dance guy though.
  89. Jan 27, 2015
    Amazing game! A beautiful, immersible story with depth in the characters. I really get emotional playing this.
    The battle system, while simple the first time around, is still fun and epic when you pull off these crazy spinning moves, and customization is great! However if you don't like it too much here, push your way through this one and play the sequels. They do greatly improve on it.
    I love the worlds! Each teems with creativity and really feels like you're in the movie (unless it's original) based off of. They truly leave you with the feeling that you helped save the world and restored it to its happy, musical self.
    The character interaction is touching and also comical at times, and stays positive as to keep you feeling like you WILL restore our hero's (Sora) happy ending.

Great game for a kid who loves Disney or colorful characters, or an adult more into depth of a story. I experienced both styles back on PS2 and again with the 1.5 Mix version.

If you like Final Fantasy, you'll love this. Rich, fun, and happy, Kingdom Hearts is a work of art.
  90. Apr 17, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Is Kingdom Hearts a flawed game? Yes it is. The combat is lacking and simple and the set camera is atrocious. But there's a quality to it that can't be explained. The worlds can only be described as magical, the characters are timeless and the story, although just typical Japanese crazyness, is beautiful to behold. Its a package that is much more than the sum of its parts and it gives me a feeling of wonder and serenity that nothing has given me before, let alone a video game. Expand
  91. Aug 12, 2015
    Ok this game is now one month shy of being 13 years old and it is still a absolute treasure in my collection.
    Never mind any idiot who tells you it hasn't stood the test of time. It absolutely has. It looks as good now as some recent games and the entire game was barely 1.8Gb's in size.
    Those who tell you the story doesn't make sense clearly didn't finish it or pay attention. The story
    The story is amazing. You build a serious bond and attachment with the protagonist and his friends throughout the amazing journey. The ending (DONT WORRY NO SPOILERS) with absolutely touch your heart while leaving you craving the sequel for answers to so many questions.
    Anyone who says the gameplay is button mashing also didn't travel very far into the game, later enemies require different methods to be defeated and bosses in this game (unlike many games today) present a real challenge and some are incredibly hard.
    The original game launch with PS2 and I got my copy free with it. I had no interest and left it aside for a few months. I eventually decided to look at it out of boredom from playing only tekken. Within 20mins of playing I was Hooke and have played every game in the series at least twice. On standard mode and on the relative versions hard mode for the secret endings and extras. If I could suggest anythig I would say to buy the 1.5HD version instead as it adds some new mechanics, extras and looks even better to play.
    The starting point of the best game series ever!
  92. Oct 6, 2015
    One of the best games I have ever played, yes the combat is simple but I think it makes it a better game as some games combat style is very complicated. I think it helps us fall into the story better and leaves us with a lasting mark on our hearts forever.
  93. May 10, 2016
    I played this game like 12 or 13 years ago but I still remember that time. It was Christmas and I got my ps2 at the Christmas tree with this game and from the first moment caught me. I really loved this game because Sora had my exactly age and the mixed world of Final Fantasy and Disney attracted fans of the both sides. I remember that the plot was really strange and curious with all theI played this game like 12 or 13 years ago but I still remember that time. It was Christmas and I got my ps2 at the Christmas tree with this game and from the first moment caught me. I really loved this game because Sora had my exactly age and the mixed world of Final Fantasy and Disney attracted fans of the both sides. I remember that the plot was really strange and curious with all the darkness and heartless. What I remember the most is kicking ass of every heartless that came up. And I also remember when I finally finised this game. It was summer!! And I started playing on Christmas. Well, the thing is that the final boss it was really difficult to beat and my cousin and I where trying to defeat him. One turn he, one turn me. And I finally kick him down! What I could never defeat was the two extra final bosses. I mean for me was impossible. I think that if you are 12-16 years old you're really enjoy this game. Although I'm going to play Kingdom Hearts II now that I have time and I'm a little old for this game I think. But I believe it's gonna like me like the first Kingdom Hearts did. Expand
  94. Jun 23, 2016
    Kingdom hearts is best ps2 game, it's a crossover between disney and square, sora donald and goofy team up to find kairi and riku after got separated, get kingdom hearts for ps2.
  95. Feb 27, 2017
    Quando eu conheci esse jogo, ele não parecia ser tão bom quanto é , os personagens são incríveis, a relação criada entre os personagens é algo que eu achei muito bem feito as batalhas são muito boas,o sistema de batalha é algo que a principio eu achei meio complicado, mas com o tempo acostumei e acabei por adorar o jogo
  96. Mar 24, 2017
    The story? Is amazing and emotionally relatable for anyone and everyone its a video game that is mechanically and aesthetically ahead of its time this video game is filled and charged with emotion as Disney usually tries to execute their media with.This game specifically deserves to be in everyone's top 75 video games of all time its a classic and is ever evolving.
  97. May 28, 2017
    Este juego fue mi primer contacto con este mundo cuando solo tenía 2 años, y me sigue pareciendo igual de genial. Me encanta esta combinación de los mundos de Disney y FF. Es muy divertido el sistema de combate y están genial sus toques RPG. Le pongo un 96/!00
  98. Oct 6, 2017
    It has its flaws, and it's hard to say that it's really exemplary in most of the typical ways that games are good. But it's still one of my favorite games of all time for two major reasons. First is that the cast of characters that Kingdom Hearts is able to amass is almost unrivaled across video games - I can't think of another game that blends so many different, well-known charactersIt has its flaws, and it's hard to say that it's really exemplary in most of the typical ways that games are good. But it's still one of my favorite games of all time for two major reasons. First is that the cast of characters that Kingdom Hearts is able to amass is almost unrivaled across video games - I can't think of another game that blends so many different, well-known characters together in the same world so seamlessly. But most importantly, Kingdom Hearts just feels so good to play. It's not the most complicated battling by any means (though it's certainly not easy either!), but its unique brand of hack and slash combo'ing just makes everything you do feel super badass. Expand
  99. JakelC.
    Oct 8, 2002
    This game is amazing! You do only have one attack during the beginning of the game but get more as you progress. It has good combat and some challenging things to find out how to do. Also a great storyline! A must see!
  100. MateusC.
    Sep 9, 2006
    Very enjoyable action-RPG with lot of fighting and smashing enemies in pure action battles. The Disney worlds are superb with their characters and their charisma; The main characters are very well attractive: Sora, Kairi, Rikku resembling the Chrono Trigger unique characters. The camera isn't that all bad things people say I'm secure to afirm is very well executed and focusing Very enjoyable action-RPG with lot of fighting and smashing enemies in pure action battles. The Disney worlds are superb with their characters and their charisma; The main characters are very well attractive: Sora, Kairi, Rikku resembling the Chrono Trigger unique characters. The camera isn't that all bad things people say I'm secure to afirm is very well executed and focusing in battle system and exploration. Expand

#2 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2002
#5 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2002

1. Game Informer
    The battles that unfold are as beautful as they are intense, and as difficult as they are easy to manhandle. [Oct 2002, p.76]
  2. Play Magazine
    To say that Kingdom Hearts is magical is an understatement. As cinematic experiences go, it's exquisite. It's not the finest in terms of action, but overall, it's wonderful. [Oct 2002, p.74]
  3. Has a few flaws, but its unique character pairings and jaw-dropping graphics make this a remarkable RPG.