• Publisher: Namco
  • Release Date: Jul 25, 2001
9.0

1. Jun 29, 2012
    I'm not a huge fan of platformer games. Klonoa 2 is one of the few I play. Gameplay is 2d.5, but all does visually in 3D. Klonoa 2 is one of the better looking PS2 titles even today. The game is charming at best. Worth a rating of 9 or 10. Its simple, but fun.
  2. Mar 13, 2013
    A fun, clever, and well made 2D platformer that exists in a 3D conscious universe. On top of its varied and solid use of platformer conventions, Klonoa 2 manages to intertwine the dimension of depth into not only its gameplay but also its engrossing environments. Between its gameplay, lively worlds, charming cast of characters, and music that just might have you humming along, The isn't a game any platformer fan should be without. Expand
  3. Mar 10, 2013
    My very first game ever. I will never sell/trade or whatever this game for anything. It's beautiful. I don't want to get emotional so I'll stop know.
    10/10 Masterpiece all the way.
  4. Mar 4, 2014
    Very good gameplay and style, this platformer would be, perfect for children and the young at heart. Personally I found it too cute, never could get into it and ended up selling it. I think the only platform games I still own are Jak III and Ratched III (they feature guns, alright), oh and a Pac Man one, so I guess it's just not my favourite genre.
    It is a very good game though for what it is.
  5. Sep 17, 2014
    When I first heard about this game I had no **** clue what it was or whether or not it was any good. So I brought a second-hand copy off of Ebay, waited anxiously for the games arrival. And on the morning that the game was supposed to arrive I just HAD to see a review of this game so I had to see a review of it. I saw one from CJSZero01 and regreted the purchase. But then I played the game....

It was so awesome! It has the best gameplay that I have EVER seen in the platformer. The game is a 2.5D PUZZLE platformer. That's right, i consider this to be a part puzzle game. Most of the levels have you doing puzzles to advance. Some of these puzzles include, get this... throwing enemies into the background and foreground. You have to grab enemies and throw them to kill enemies and solve puzzles. You can also use them to have an extra jump. Oh btw if you hold down the jump button you can do a little flutter jump i guess you can say....

Now the game's art-style is shell-shading. I personally love this art-style. Mixing that in with 2.5D is genius. Some of the levels environments are really good and some's backgrounds are SO good that I think I'm playing a Wii game! the enemies look really nice and are very bright and colourful. The game can also be really cute for the first half of the game. The second half has a much darker and sinister tone to the first half. I'm really fond of this switch in tone.

The music is... Well I don't know really. None of the music stuck with me! I like the sound FX I guess.

The bosses are really easy but VERY creative. Easy is a good word to describe this game. the game JUST about touches on hard right at the end.

Overall, Klonoa 2 is my favourite PS2 game and platformer of all time. I highly recommend you pick up a copy.

1. The music almost has a Mario-like atmosphere to it although with some weird Japanese sound to it, which is great to hear while playing a platformer.
  2. Oh sweet mother of mercy, this is why I picked up a joystick in the first place. Klonoa 2 is as close to a flawless game as I've ever seen.
    While the story isn't quite as moving as the original, Klonoa 2 has a wonderful mix of action, great control, nice challenge (if you try to really complete the game), and just beautiful presentation.