6.4

1. David
    Jun 26, 2003
    A very good game despite all of the criticism.
  2. Nov 24, 2012
    It's really hard to criticize a Tomb Raider game, but I think Angel of Darkness is one of my favorite underrated PS2 games of all time. There are a lot of problems including the glitchy graphics, messed up controls, and that really hurt them because of the bad feedback from fans and critics. However, since I'm still a fan of the series, I don't think it was either Core Design and Eidos'It's really hard to criticize a Tomb Raider game, but I think Angel of Darkness is one of my favorite underrated PS2 games of all time. There are a lot of problems including the glitchy graphics, messed up controls, and that really hurt them because of the bad feedback from fans and critics. However, since I'm still a fan of the series, I don't think it was either Core Design and Eidos' fault in the first place. Sometimes it needs a little more time to finish completing the whole game. But it was a good game and I hope critics should be really sorry about the frustrating things Lara admired in this game. Let's be bygone's be bygone's and call this a truce. Expand
  3. DaveF.
    Jul 4, 2003
    Ace Ace Ace Ace Ace Do i need to say anything else?
  4. Hannajoe
    Oct 10, 2004
    Brilliant game though very difficuilt but wicked.
  5. JenniJ.
    Jan 24, 2004
    it is fantastic Game!!
  6. Tina
    Jun 26, 2003
    The Graphics Are Better Than Ever, Lara Looks Better, I Like The Game, But, They Should Of Delayed It Until They Fixed The Sometimes Freakish Glitches.
  7. Dragonghost
    Jul 28, 2003
    It's not strange that the people that ranked The baldur's gate as one of the best games (the easiest and worst game of all times) did not like the Angel of darkness. They are simply LOSERS.They could not even use thecontrols.F**k the Metacritic! F**k the critics of Metacritic!! Lara is great in this game.
  8. Lance
    Jun 23, 2003
    You need to learn the controls and then this game is the best ever! PERFECT STORY, PERFECT LOOKS and PERFECT LARA! Just a PERFECT game, BUY IT! You'll LOVE it!
  9. Aug 30, 2010
    **** ... Dredful ... Crap ... Just the worst tomb raider game Ever ... i didnt like the controls , the gameplay, the plot , the story , we waiting to long for core design to produce this :L:L ?
  10. AdamP.
    Aug 5, 2003
    This game is great,it looks excelent and the controls are good.story is also great.grafic is amazing.what more to say:BUY THIS GAME!!!
  11. ShellyT.
    Sep 5, 2003
    The best Tomb Raider game, of course! The controls were kind of difficult to use at the beginning but I got used to it .. but really it's worth buying the game!
  12. GWest
    Jun 20, 2003
    Lara Croft is back and the best!
  13. Tiger
    Jun 24, 2003
    in fact, with my own opinion, i think the controls are better than ever. i am good at them. they give me a new sense of freedom, of looking around, compared to previous tomb raiders. i can't help it. this game is perfect for me. the graphics are beautiful. this tomb raider is so interactive. it has a deeper, wonderfully written story. i am moving right along, and none of it is in fact, with my own opinion, i think the controls are better than ever. i am good at them. they give me a new sense of freedom, of looking around, compared to previous tomb raiders. i can't help it. this game is perfect for me. the graphics are beautiful. this tomb raider is so interactive. it has a deeper, wonderfully written story. i am moving right along, and none of it is disappointing me. instead, it impresses me, gratefully. core did a bang up job. play it. don't play it. i don't care. i love it. :) Expand
  14. AlexG.
    Jun 24, 2003
    great game. great history i dont know why everybody is crying about the control is very easy to use it. the only bad part is the frames rate but despite of that tr is a great adventure.
  15. Jorge
    May 28, 2008
    I played the PS2 version. The controls were a bit stiff, but the expansive story makes up for it. I found this to be a huge game, with clever level designs. Slightly flawed camera controls at some points, and a couple parts that kept me stuck for a bit. (ooh, i dont like that dark ghost!) I think it does well, what it's supposed to do. Lara, in a new adventure with puzzles and action galore.
  16. Alex
    Jun 24, 2003
    It's a good game (so far) with a little slow down at times and it does take a little while to get used to the controls, but after that it moves pretty well.
  17. TommyG.
    Jul 10, 2003
    I think many people have been a bit harsh with this game, i mean yes its a slow starter but you get use to the controls and the story line is great. The graphics are good enough and there is a lot to do. i cannot wait for the next chapter.
  18. Jan 2, 2014
    This game could have been better but I do recommend it to hardcore fans.

Pros Graphics

Controls
    Camera
    Combat
  19. Jun 10, 2015
    This is just my favourite game ever. Who has been playing Tomb Raider since the first edition will probably understand why 'the angel of darkness' is definitely one of the bests; the scenarios are many and various, the playability is good and everything is just very intriguing. The soundtracks are also worth of a good comment, the musics are just memorable. 10/10 to this pearl game
  20. Jul 29, 2015
    I know what people are going to say when they see this if they do. They'll be like someone gave Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness a good review because he likes **** games. People who think that screw them because I love Angel of Darkness. This happens to be my second favorite game in the series after Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft on the original PlayStation. TheI know what people are going to say when they see this if they do. They'll be like someone gave Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness a good review because he likes **** games. People who think that screw them because I love Angel of Darkness. This happens to be my second favorite game in the series after Tomb Raider III: Adventures of Lara Croft on the original PlayStation. The artwork of Lara Croft in this game is my absolute favorite from any games within the series. Long live Lara Croft. Expand

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#56 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. The pedestrian pacing of the early levels, the fiddly controls and the fearsomely flighty camera still means that if you have played the entire series from day one or if this is your first encounter, Lara has certainly seen better days. [Playstation 2 Max]
  2. PSM Magazine
    Painfully average... With the trial-and-error gameplay, lack of very much innovation, and the occasional annoying bugs, it might just require more patience than you have. [Sept 2003, p.36]
  3. GMR Magazine
    Controlling Lara is like a dream - that one where you simply can't get to where you want to go fast enough, no matter what you try. [Sept 2003, p.74]