9.0

1. DreadPirateRobert
    Jan 18, 2007
    I agree with Unholy M. -- it's not the hardest or most challenging game in the world, but it makes me grin while I'm playing. It's just fun -- fun that deserves serious replay time. And the fact that I can play co-op mode with a 6-year old and still have fun makes it even better.
  2. MikeG.
    Sep 25, 2006
    Very fun game, no level feels redundant, I love the cut scenes, 7 hours long, but hidden items really draw out replay values. Best rental ever, wont be dissapointed
  3. TracyH.
    Oct 3, 2006
    It is the radest thing I've ever played!
  4. ChloeP.
    Sep 28, 2007
    This game is perfect. We all love it. I can play with my Dad or my baby sister Lily. Star Wars rulez. I like R2 D2 and Darth Vader. It is really awesome to make Boba Fet fly so high. I feel that enough can not be said in favour of the amazing game.
  5. TheMan
    Sep 13, 2006
    Best Star Wars game ever.
  6. Oli
    Sep 18, 2006
    Magnificent! Desparately playable, full of extras and wonderful humour (Darth Vader, and Ben Kenobi stopping mid duel to wave at Luke, the hats being too small for Chewbacca). Have finished the main stories and not even 50% through. Probably too easy overall, but still makes you think now and again. And LEGO Batman... I hope that has some truth behind it!
  7. UnholyM.
    Dec 27, 2006
    Okay ... I'm 35 years old, have been playing video games for more than 25 years, and this has to be one of the funnest games I've ever played. Maybe not the best graphics ever, the most challenging, or even the most "wow" factor. But from the humor throughout, the accuracy to the story, and all the unlockables, this game is just plain fun. And that's what games are supposed Okay ... I'm 35 years old, have been playing video games for more than 25 years, and this has to be one of the funnest games I've ever played. Maybe not the best graphics ever, the most challenging, or even the most "wow" factor. But from the humor throughout, the accuracy to the story, and all the unlockables, this game is just plain fun. And that's what games are supposed to be about. Collapse
  8. efebuluc
    Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, lets not get carried away here. This is NOT the best star wars game ever, that title either goes to battlefront 2 or the rouge leader for nintendo game cube. however, this game is amazing...its cute and fun and funny and shockingly feels just like star wars. its so good, it makes you want to collect lego star wars toys for real. I thought the vehicle elements and flight mechanics Okay, lets not get carried away here. This is NOT the best star wars game ever, that title either goes to battlefront 2 or the rouge leader for nintendo game cube. however, this game is amazing...its cute and fun and funny and shockingly feels just like star wars. its so good, it makes you want to collect lego star wars toys for real. I thought the vehicle elements and flight mechanics could have been better but considering how much stuff is packed in this little game, its kind of forgivable. on the other hand, every stage feels like lego and star wars and that is what the game is called, so...its wrong to expect anything else i suppose. the games major addiction trick comes in the form of collecting star wars characters. we can spend hours and hours finding those damn lego coins so we can afford all the hidden guys such as the spirit of obi van. this kind of game design needs to be studied and somehow needs to be an industry standard, really!...the thing works. This thing is impossible to put down. I finished the game in 7 hours and the screen said I had only completed 40 percent of the game...that is wild : ) Expand
  9. Feb 14, 2011
    This game is a pretty easy, and simple but it's an experience that can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages, graphically it's a great looking game, the sound is fantastic the classic Star Wars tunes will bring a smile to your face, and the controls are great, and it has some outstanding co-op that's a blast no matter who your playing with, it has tons of characters and secrets to unlock, theseThis game is a pretty easy, and simple but it's an experience that can be enjoyed by gamers of all ages, graphically it's a great looking game, the sound is fantastic the classic Star Wars tunes will bring a smile to your face, and the controls are great, and it has some outstanding co-op that's a blast no matter who your playing with, it has tons of characters and secrets to unlock, these and just the high replay value alone will have you coming back for more, a must play game. Expand
  10. Apr 9, 2014
    This is one of the best Lego video games of all-time. The graphics are really nice and the storyline goes with the original story. It's also a well formatted game and it's really enjoyable.
  11. Feb 27, 2015
    As fun as the first one! But I wish the friendly NPCs did damage to enemies because I'm tired of doing everything myself. Other than that, its a really fun game though! I have a blast when I play it!
  12. Mar 28, 2015
    The first Lego Star Wars game was a bonafide guilty pleasure that featured the universe of the Star Wars prequels in Lego form. It shouldn't have worked but it did, and it was all the more successfull because of it, and was easily one of the best Star Wars video games of all time. Now, Lego Star Wars 2 thankfully focuses on the classic universe of the original trilogy, and featuresThe first Lego Star Wars game was a bonafide guilty pleasure that featured the universe of the Star Wars prequels in Lego form. It shouldn't have worked but it did, and it was all the more successfull because of it, and was easily one of the best Star Wars video games of all time. Now, Lego Star Wars 2 thankfully focuses on the classic universe of the original trilogy, and features everything that made the first game so great. The charming graphics and animation, the simple controls, the addictive gameplay, the unlockable secrets and tongue in cheek humor; it's all here, and it's all in fine form. Chances are if you dug the original game, you'll have absolutely no problem getting into this game, but it's not without it's flaws.

For one thing, just like the first game, it's too short, and it's ultimately too easy. However, considering this is mainly aimed at a younger audience (but it's a great game for everybody), it's not that surprising, but it's still a welcome treat.

All in all, if you liked the first game but yearned for the original trilogy universe compared to that of the prequels, your prayers have been answered.

#40 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. PSM Magazine
    A great game with charm to spare. If you're a Star Wars fan at all, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. [Oct 2006, p.82]
    No matter what your age, LEGO Star Wars II will keep your inner child happy. [Oct. 2006, p.84]
  3. The Co-Op mode alone makes this an essential purchase and now with the ability to take vehicles out for a spin and create new characters, Lego Star Wars II is every bit as great as we would have hoped.