8.1

1. J.Moore
    Aug 10, 2005
    This could be the best video game to ever come out since PS2 and X-Box started. I stood outside of the stores for hours and almost cried when the game was placed in my hands. Im an athlete on a full-scholarship and may consider being red-shirted because I need some more free time so that I can start my 'superstar' mode!!!!! Must get game, if you dont know you better ask somebody.
  2. LexingtonS.
    Aug 9, 2005
    Gamespot sucks...best game out.
  3. RussK
    Aug 9, 2005
    The vision cone is awesome! It's so realistic, not too easy at first but after a few games it's fun.
  4. PaulS.
    Aug 6, 2005
    The best yet. I love it.
  5. MikeS.
    Awesome game.
  6. Otfizzle
    Aug 8, 2005
    This is the best sports game in the world.
  7. RonnieM.
    Great game...
  8. JustinM.
    Best game ever!
  9. Opie&AnthonyFan
    Awesome.
  10. DanielL.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Any complaints for this game are most likely from weak or lazy players. The passing is a huge improvement and the truck stick makes power backs more able to dominate against safetys and corners. This version really seperates the skilled passers from the chuck it up and pray faternity.
  11. Opie&AnthonyFan
    Awesome.
  12. Porher
    Aug 1, 2005
    franchise mode is excellent and gameplay is awesome . nfl superstart is alrite. qb vision is okay.
  13. NBigg
    Aug 10, 2005
    Best football game ever!!
  14. Pete
    Aug 16, 2005
    I like it, the gameplay is more balanced than ever.
  15. MatthewS.
    Aug 4, 2005
    It is DEFINITELY the greatest football game ever.
  16. TomF.
    Aug 7, 2005
    Awesome, Simply Awesome.
  17. RobF.
    Aug 9, 2005
    The more control I get, the better I like it. It doesn't get any closer to actually playing the game without risking spinal injury.
  18. IanC.
    Aug 9, 2005
    The game has been been enhanced in many levels, whether it be the new passing (precision control), the new animations (which look great), the Much improved running game (being able to run inside the tackles and break long runs) and the ability to spawn a franchise and franchise games and take them online (VERY surprised that this has not yet been mentioned). It appears to me that most The game has been been enhanced in many levels, whether it be the new passing (precision control), the new animations (which look great), the Much improved running game (being able to run inside the tackles and break long runs) and the ability to spawn a franchise and franchise games and take them online (VERY surprised that this has not yet been mentioned). It appears to me that most people who are disgruntled with this game are mad that EA has gotten the license. Although I can understand that people are upset about this, the game should be graded on its merits and not because people are disgruntled. Get over it move on and play the BEST Madden game yet. Expand
  19. AnthonyH.
    Oct 9, 2005
    This game is excellent. You people who are calling this game bad just dont buy the game and go on with your lives. The new truck stick mode is Awesome, so is all the other features. Awesome graphic and thats what im inpressed with the most. I LOVE EA SPORTS and espeacialy Madden NFL 06!!!!! Love it or hate it, Its awesome!!! BOOYAAA.
  20. GregT.
    Aug 10, 2005
    I know football games and this one the best, I have to tip my hat to them.
  21. BobM.
    Aug 16, 2005
    Great game..! for all of you who complain that the qb vision is too hard then SHUT IT OFF!!!!!
  22. Ricky
    Aug 7, 2005
    Great.
  23. PrentissBroadway
    Classic.
  24. PabloG.
    Aug 9, 2005
    When everything comes down to it, it's still the best football game out there. Even before it bought out the competition this year it HAD NO competition.
  25. RobbyEllis
    Jun 25, 2006
    Anyone who likes football will love this game. If you don't know how to play it, that's your problem!
  26. RonnieM.
    Oct 22, 2005
    Great game...
  27. Donkay
    Aug 11, 2005
    So Complex & So Addicting. For all you complainers that the QB Vision is too hard to learn, etc. you need to go back to playing Atari. Superstar mode is the best new feature and really lets you grow with your player. Best sports game this year by far. I've only slept 5 hours in the first 2 days since I've got this game!
  28. MattS.
    Nov 13, 2005
    This game is perfect there are no flaws except for in superstar mode which no1 pays neways ...
  29. Noname
    Aug 10, 2005
    Not perfect but still a great game.
  30. AJBernstein
    Aug 14, 2005
    The added difficulty makes this came tough to learn, but that's a positive as it will be enjoyable for many months to come. This game keeps getting better and better!
  31. MArcL.
    Aug 9, 2005
    Outstanding update...although you might need a PHD in Maddenomics to fully grasp everything in the game now...
  32. AaronN.
    Aug 11, 2005
    Superb. Vision and precision passing changes the fundamental nature of the game for the better, but you aren't forced to use it if you don't want to. Run blocking is much improved, guards actually pull on outside runs and wedge open holes on the inside stuff. The playbooks are joy to behold, and the sheer number of pre-snap options available is staggering. Only the continued Superb. Vision and precision passing changes the fundamental nature of the game for the better, but you aren't forced to use it if you don't want to. Run blocking is much improved, guards actually pull on outside runs and wedge open holes on the inside stuff. The playbooks are joy to behold, and the sheer number of pre-snap options available is staggering. Only the continued poor punt blocking AI, and the general sameness of franchise mode, prevented me from giving this game a perfect score. Best. Madden. Ever! Expand
  33. RyanB.
    Nov 29, 2005
    Greatest football series of all time. I will continue to buy this game the day it comes out every single year, even if they lose the exclusive NFL rights. I would have gave it a "10", but I couldn't use the playbook I spent an hour and a half creating.. Anyhow, I got used to that, and adopted a playbook from the list. The truck stick rules! Oh, yeah, and when your guys only block on Greatest football series of all time. I will continue to buy this game the day it comes out every single year, even if they lose the exclusive NFL rights. I would have gave it a "10", but I couldn't use the playbook I spent an hour and a half creating.. Anyhow, I got used to that, and adopted a playbook from the list. The truck stick rules! Oh, yeah, and when your guys only block on punt returns like, one out of ten punts, it's kinda cheezy. My punt returner only had 12 returns last season, all the rest were fair catches (for an average of 5.2 yds, too.. sheesh). I play on All-Madden, so I didnt notice my defense picking off an inordinate amount of passes, maybe 2-3 a game. But I was able to rack up a ridiculous amount of sacks (38) with my cornerback on the Fire Blitz out of the Quarter, so I guess some things could be changed. Every other year before this one, I would have gave the game a 10. Please fix the bugs, EA!! I love my Madden! Expand
  34. Sep 16, 2010
    I couldn't find the original xbox version of this game on metacritic but thats what I had madden 06 on, and it was a really fun game. Very addicting.
  35. Mar 28, 2015
    The thing you've probably heard of the most is QB Vision which really makes the game more realistic. In the NFL a QB can't be looking one way...pass in the opposite direction and expect to land a 50yd completion. It's not hard...you just press two buttons to throw to the guy you want to and you can lead the pass, throw it high, low, or behind the guy. Plus, you can turn it off if you don'tThe thing you've probably heard of the most is QB Vision which really makes the game more realistic. In the NFL a QB can't be looking one way...pass in the opposite direction and expect to land a 50yd completion. It's not hard...you just press two buttons to throw to the guy you want to and you can lead the pass, throw it high, low, or behind the guy. Plus, you can turn it off if you don't enjoy using it(if you use the tutorial you'll get the hang of it). Expand
  36. Dl
    Sep 10, 2006
    I hate how you can't use created playbook that sucks so bad other then that it was an awesome game better then the 2K5 ones.
  37. Blue
    Aug 16, 2005
    This game is not that bad, people. It does suck that you can't use a created playbook in the franchise mode, and Superstar does get lame quick (though it is neat - you'll probably appreciate it by month 4). The passing gets easier with time, and the running is more realistic than ever. My biggest beef is defence - far too easy on All-Pro this year. Last game I gave up 70 yards This game is not that bad, people. It does suck that you can't use a created playbook in the franchise mode, and Superstar does get lame quick (though it is neat - you'll probably appreciate it by month 4). The passing gets easier with time, and the running is more realistic than ever. My biggest beef is defence - far too easy on All-Pro this year. Last game I gave up 70 yards and was pissed off, even though I had 4 turnovers. Last year the CPU offence could score at will in the 4th quarter - this year if you run a Dime two over coverage against four wide, you can sack the quarterback almost everytime with your safeties (i had 7 last game and 5 before that, on 4 minutes quarters, all-pro no a.i. adjustments). If the QB does get the pass off, it's almost a guaranteed pick. Looks like it's time to try All-Madden. Expand
  38. Feb 25, 2015
    Still the same old Madden that we have all come to love and enjoy. The introduction of the hitstick was nice but felt a little overpowering, I couldn't be stopped with that thing.

1. But the real highlights in Madden 06 are on the field. For starters, the new "QB Vision" feature is simply fantastic. Even for long-time Madden fans, the ability to focus the quarterback's attention on certain receivers or parts of the field adds a ton to the gameplay. [Sept 2005]
    Kudos to EA Sports for not being afraid to juice the complexity factor of an already complex game. Rookies will have to pay their dues, but veterans get treated to a brand-new challenge. [Sept 2005, p.82]
  3. The other big addition offers a nice contrast to the traditional franchise mode, which returns as fully featured and deep as ever. In NFL superstar mode, instead of focusing on the fortunes of one team, you follow the career of a character you create (or import from "NFL Street 2" or "NCAA Football 06"). [Sept 2005]