8.6

1. Sep 7, 2014
    One of the best madden games I've ever played but the reason I didn't give it a ten was because the sprint is x and you cant change that in the game. The reason I gave it such a high rating was partly because you can create your own plays which are also in some other old madden games and makes it so fun. The game play is outstanding and there's not much lag in the game. This is in top 3 madden games for me for one more reason: the game modes aren't screwed up like Madden 25 or 15 Expand
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    A peak that as of 2012 the series has yet to reach. (blame that on the lack of comptish.) The gameplay is realistic and much more fun than the current versions of Madden, and the game was well ahead of its time. Throw in the excellent owner mode and you have a game with incredible replay value. The best Madden there ever has been.
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    This review is late, but I think it means something that I am still playing this game over 8 years later. This game is one of the most addicting football games I have ever played, and I have never been bored with it. Just the fact that I still play it means this game is awesome.

1. It's so good, I find it humorous that ESPN uses Madden for its pre-game show.
    Knocks the chin strap up around the nose of the competition. It's simply the most realistic simulation of football available, and once again, the industry standard.
  3. Just about the only bad thing about Madden NFL 2004 is the bar that it sets. EA Sports has one hell of a challenge waiting in the wings, trying to improve on a masterful title like this.