Madden NFL 2004 PlayStation 2

8.5

1. Sep 7, 2014
    One of the best madden games I've ever played but the reason I didn't give it a ten was because the sprint is x and you cant change that in the game. The reason I gave it such a high rating was partly because you can create your own plays which are also in some other old madden games and makes it so fun. The game play is outstanding and there's not much lag in the game. This is in top 3One of the best madden games I've ever played but the reason I didn't give it a ten was because the sprint is x and you cant change that in the game. The reason I gave it such a high rating was partly because you can create your own plays which are also in some other old madden games and makes it so fun. The game play is outstanding and there's not much lag in the game. This is in top 3 madden games for me for one more reason: the game modes aren't screwed up like Madden 25 or 15 Expand
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    A peak that as of 2012 the series has yet to reach. (blame that on the lack of comptish.) The gameplay is realistic and much more fun than the current versions of Madden, and the game was well ahead of its time. Throw in the excellent owner mode and you have a game with incredible replay value. The best Madden there ever has been.
  3. Dec 4, 2011
    This review is late, but I think it means something that I am still playing this game over 8 years later. This game is one of the most addicting football games I have ever played, and I have never been bored with it. Just the fact that I still play it means this game is awesome.
  4. CecilR.
    Sep 1, 2005
    Just when you think a football game can't get any better, Madden comes out and proves me wrong! It is by FAR the best game out right now(that is if you know how to play it & play it right!)
  5. JAKEV.
    Jun 2, 2005
    Madden is the best football game out and if you dont like you dont know football and the only who dont like suck at it thats all folks.
  6. CodeyM.
    Apr 7, 2005
    The game is all you can ask for . The only people tha dont like Madden are the people that dont know the game.
  7. BrianT.
    Mar 23, 2005
    I love the game,.....the only things i do not like are the bad penalty calls, like def.pass interference,that has not happened and challenged calls that get reversed when they should not have been.
  8. JacobF.
    Jan 9, 2005
    Espn 2K4 is much better.
  9. JoshB.
    Aug 18, 2004
    This game rocks. who ever doesnt like this game ....you suck.... this game is da bomb with all those madden cards and it even has a mini camp.
  10. SeanB.
    Jul 15, 2004
    When you just hear the name 'Madden 2004' , you turn into Butthead. huhhuhuhuuhuhuh-MaddenFootball....huhuhuh. THE GREATEST!
  11. AndreB.
    May 14, 2004
    This is the best football game ever.
  12. Sam
    Apr 16, 2004
    This game is amazin, An i am an englishman who finks american football sucks!!!
  13. DJ.B.
    Mar 28, 2004
    This game is a total piece of crap.Momentum swings are ridiculous. The AI is set up to always keep the other player in the game at all times. Dropped passes are way to many. There is no defense at all.If you do not fair catch every kick you will fumble. EA has totaly ruined this years madden football game. Who needs Madden and his commentary? I can predict the outcome of every game by the This game is a total piece of crap.Momentum swings are ridiculous. The AI is set up to always keep the other player in the game at all times. Dropped passes are way to many. There is no defense at all.If you do not fair catch every kick you will fumble. EA has totaly ruined this years madden football game. Who needs Madden and his commentary? I can predict the outcome of every game by the first kick of the ball. Maybe EA should concentrate on making the gameplay more realistic instead of adding crap to it every year that doesnt work, like PLAY MAKER controlls. It will be a rental next year before it gets a chance to sit on my game shelf. WAY TO GO EA. You will lose alot of diehards if you do not fix it! Expand
  14. D.CLenchmob
    Feb 4, 2004
    I think its the best football game in the world but i think theres a few thing missing like i think you should tackle more realistic as in two people should be able two hit the person with the ball what i mean is when one person hit them you can make a nother player hit them b4 they hit the ground better catches and there too many drop passes and people stopping the unstoppable players I think its the best football game in the world but i think theres a few thing missing like i think you should tackle more realistic as in two people should be able two hit the person with the ball what i mean is when one person hit them you can make a nother player hit them b4 they hit the ground better catches and there too many drop passes and people stopping the unstoppable players like TO Moss marvin harrison cuz they never drop passes on 03 other then that i have no replaints. Expand
  15. Bean
    Jan 4, 2004
    I've been playing Madden since the early days of '93 on SNES. I've played every year since. I can say without out a doubt, this is the most complete football game. Period.
  16. jmz
    Jan 3, 2004
    This game is awsome! They need more difficulty though! And More EA tracks more rock to be exact.. but overall its awesome!!
  17. Sean
    Dec 21, 2003
    One word can describe this game. AWESOME.
  18. BobS.
    Dec 16, 2003
    Greatest game I have ever played!!!
  19. Rich
    Dec 15, 2003
    Ok first of all, im not just one of those ppls that say this game is good cause other ppl say it is, i just got this game 2 days ago and it RULES. and 4 the person that gave it a one... at least be realistic. if u think its 2 fast that just means u suck at it(even if it did move 2 fasst u cant give it a 1 4 it) anyway this game is rly cool cause of the owner mode, so i can get ppl in bankrupt.
  20. leinaDZ.
    Dec 13, 2003
    Its a great game. I never get tired of it. I loved the music. Gameplay rules. NEXT: NBA Live 2004
  21. MichaelC.
    Dec 12, 2003
    Madden 2004 moves entirely too fast. The 2003 version moves more smoothly, and more realistic. When you add equiptment to a player, for example long sleeves, if the weather happens to be hot, the computer will take the long sleeves off for you. A player cannot have long sleeves and arm pads, and other combinations. The 2003 version allows the players to wear what they want, when they Madden 2004 moves entirely too fast. The 2003 version moves more smoothly, and more realistic. When you add equiptment to a player, for example long sleeves, if the weather happens to be hot, the computer will take the long sleeves off for you. A player cannot have long sleeves and arm pads, and other combinations. The 2003 version allows the players to wear what they want, when they want. Madden 2004 is a definite downgrade from 2003. I've played it once and put it away. 2003 is the best Madden ever made in my opinion. Expand
  22. STLRam
    Nov 24, 2003
    10 critics gave it 100/100 - that says everything about a quite simply magnificent game. They keep improving it every year, and if they could only do the same for 'soccer' with FIFA we wouldnt have to put up with Pro Evo's obvious flaws. Who do TotalGames.net thnk they are? "The best American Football game you can get" and they give it 69/100. What are you on?!?
  23. HolocaustBob
    Nov 17, 2003
    Madden is THE BEST SPORTS TITLE EVER CREATED!!!! this game has it all.depth,depth and more depth does not grow old keeps gettin better.now if they can put CFL teams in there it would get a 10. CFL TEAMS JOHN!!CFL!!!
  24. Jby
    Nov 16, 2003
    Good game, gets boring after a while.
  25. Jby
    Nov 16, 2003
    Good game, gets boring after a while.
  26. BillParcells
    Nov 7, 2003
    If only this was real life I already have the quaterback and running back of the future for the Cowboys. Create a player is great. Game play is excellent, and you'll never get bored with this one.
  27. Steveh.
    Nov 3, 2003
    The game is the best. in my franchise i moved the eagles to L.A. and built my brand new stadium. that was awesome to me..now only if that could really happen...
  28. Davo
    Oct 28, 2003
    You could lock me away with it for 30 franchise years, although fran mode does lose its edge once all of today's players hang up their boots.
  29. LarryA.
    Oct 27, 2003
    This game is f....n awesome!!!
  30. JutinM.
    Oct 25, 2003
    This game is great. the graphics are great. the game play is nice.this is one of the best games i played.

#6 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. It's so good, I find it humorous that ESPN uses Madden for its pre-game show.
    Knocks the chin strap up around the nose of the competition. It's simply the most realistic simulation of football available, and once again, the industry standard.
    Just about the only bad thing about Madden NFL 2004 is the bar that it sets. EA Sports has one hell of a challenge waiting in the wings, trying to improve on a masterful title like this.