Madden NFL 2004 PlayStation 2

8.5

1. FrankieB.
    Aug 16, 2003
    Not realistic. Take it from an actual football player, buy ESPN NFL Football 2004. If it is anything like NFL 2K3 it will have far and away better gameplay then Madden. But if you are in it for the Franchise Mode, Madden deserves a 10/10. I will never seem to understand why EA doesn't takes ESPN NFL Football 2004 gameplay and keeps its own Franchise. Untill that happens, no football Not realistic. Take it from an actual football player, buy ESPN NFL Football 2004. If it is anything like NFL 2K3 it will have far and away better gameplay then Madden. But if you are in it for the Franchise Mode, Madden deserves a 10/10. I will never seem to understand why EA doesn't takes ESPN NFL Football 2004 gameplay and keeps its own Franchise. Untill that happens, no football game should deserve a 10. Expand
  2. CodeyM.
    Apr 7, 2005
    The game is all you can ask for . The only people tha dont like Madden are the people that dont know the game.
  3. JoeB.
    Sep 28, 2003
    I didn't notice many improvements from the previous version that made a significant difference. I prefer Gameday 2004 for gameplay, play selection, running game, and the realisticness.
  4. AndrewC.
    Aug 18, 2003
    Why couldn't they make this more like NCAA? NCAA is a classic from Tiburon, but this game has horrid graphics, lacks a deep playbook with different formations, and the commentary is repetitive. The owner mode is solid, and I have no complaints there, but if EA wants to keep up with Sega, they have their work cut out for them.
  5. JohnC.
    Oct 4, 2003
    Look people. I have been a Madden fan since the beginning. But for look, player control and everything "except" fran stuff, the ans is ESPN. Just rent it and become a believer.

#6 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003

1. It's so good, I find it humorous that ESPN uses Madden for its pre-game show.
    Knocks the chin strap up around the nose of the competition. It's simply the most realistic simulation of football available, and once again, the industry standard.
    Just about the only bad thing about Madden NFL 2004 is the bar that it sets. EA Sports has one hell of a challenge waiting in the wings, trying to improve on a masterful title like this.