7.3

1. GarrettB.
    Jun 29, 2005
    I thought it was the best basebal game I have ever played.
  2. GiiP.
    Jul 20, 2005
    Awesome.
    Mar 25, 2005
    The most exciting baseball game ever Mvp get boring after awhile and 2k5 is just really fun to play.
  4. Deesto
    Mar 3, 2005
    EA's reign may finally be coming to an end. They may have secured the ESPN name starting next year, but they will be hard-pressed to match the strides of progressive improvement made by 2K5 this year. This installment of the 2K series is unquestionably superior to MVP in the areas of commentary, real-time baseball strategy, and user control options. Plus, the load and save times are EA's reign may finally be coming to an end. They may have secured the ESPN name starting next year, but they will be hard-pressed to match the strides of progressive improvement made by 2K5 this year. This installment of the 2K series is unquestionably superior to MVP in the areas of commentary, real-time baseball strategy, and user control options. Plus, the load and save times are far faster, and the soundtrack is far less annoying. MVP gets the edge in mini games, but 2K5 wins out in the traditional game modes like quickplay and franchise. Even if you're not convinced that 2K5 is this good, it's certainly worth a look. Expand
  5. BryanR.
    Jul 11, 2005
    This is a great game for what the money is worth it should be better then a 6.8 rating of which they have it at now.
  6. Jason
    Mar 16, 2005
    2K5 is very challenging right out of the box. Unless you take a little bit of time and either play around with the game or read the book, you can be lost. But, once you get past that, it's a fast paced baseball game unlike anything I've ever seen. I used to go for the homer runs in MVP because it was easy. In 2K5, you better know how to earn the runs of bloopers and shots up the 2K5 is very challenging right out of the box. Unless you take a little bit of time and either play around with the game or read the book, you can be lost. But, once you get past that, it's a fast paced baseball game unlike anything I've ever seen. I used to go for the homer runs in MVP because it was easy. In 2K5, you better know how to earn the runs of bloopers and shots up the hole, because Home Runs are dime a dozen in 2K5. Except for minor fielding problems, fielding the ball is just as tough as pitching as hitting, this makes it one of the best all around baseball games I have ever played. Expand
  7. WillG.
    Jun 20, 2005
    Great Baseball, very exciting. Only thing that holds it back from perfection is the annoying bugs in the game.
  8. JoeH.
    Mar 9, 2005
    I play a lot of baseball and I have to say that 2k5 is one of the best if not number 1 that I have seen in awhile. Looks and play are first rate. This game is the best for making you feel that your really watching and playing baseball. And ,you can't beat the price!
  9. JimmyD
    Mar 3, 2005
    A solid game, with only minor fielding view problems, the replays are the best of any ball game and although the scores can mount a little high, just tweak the setting to find what works for you, if you love baseball you need both mvp and espn..l
  10. CoryqK.
    Jun 6, 2005
    This game is good but i don't think it is as good as MVP Baseball 2005 or MLB 2006. However, for $20, you can't go wrong. I just felt like it was to much of an arcade type game rather than a baseball sim, which is what i was hoping for.
  11. Jul 5, 2012
    Sure, this game has its glitches, but it's a game from 2005, so they're lovable glitches. None are so egregious as the left-handed power glitch from MVP 2004, and I actually prefer 2k5 to the MVP games (scandalous I know). Baseball games for a long time lagged behind other sports such as football in their level of realism, and this game is a bit too homer-happy and the computer AI doesSure, this game has its glitches, but it's a game from 2005, so they're lovable glitches. None are so egregious as the left-handed power glitch from MVP 2004, and I actually prefer 2k5 to the MVP games (scandalous I know). Baseball games for a long time lagged behind other sports such as football in their level of realism, and this game is a bit too homer-happy and the computer AI does some strange things, but it's still quite a good game. Expand
  12. MichaelL.
    Mar 16, 2005
    I loved ESPN baseball last year, but I found this year's version a little hard for me to hit with no cursor. The pitching is different and there is a lot of stuff jammed on the screen at one time. I love the ESPN presentation, and you can't beat Jon and Joe announcing, but the gameplay is different than last year to me. It seems a lot quicker paced this year.
  13. JohnR.
    Apr 7, 2005
    Too many annonying bugs make this very frustrating for a baseball fan (too many wild pitches, roster management problems, stats bubs etc).
  14. MichaelK.
    May 4, 2005
    Do not buy this game. This game has decent game play but what makes this game a rip off is that roster management problems force me to start bench players and bench my starters during season mode. This is very frustrating and not fixable. I cant stand to play this game.

1. Questionable fielding holds it back from capturing the Golden Glove. "MVP" still holds that honor, but Major Leauge's innovative techniques make it this year's most exciting baseball game. [March 2005, p.118]
    While MLB 2K5 is considerably better than its predecessor, it remains the second best baseball game available.
    The game was number three in a field of three last year, but this season it looks great and has dramatic gameplay improvements for all skill levels. [Apr 2005, p.97]