Major League Baseball 2K6 PlayStation 2

5.2

1. CheslovJ.
    Jun 30, 2006
    The game is somewhat bland. Pitching and hitting are extremely better, while the two announcers seem to have just got out of prison. Miller and Morgan have no excitement and enthusiasm. I think the game is a bit glitchy. It freezes at random points, causing me to restart my PS2. I give it a 5 at best. It has a lot of options and gameplay modes including the never before seen GM Career The game is somewhat bland. Pitching and hitting are extremely better, while the two announcers seem to have just got out of prison. Miller and Morgan have no excitement and enthusiasm. I think the game is a bit glitchy. It freezes at random points, causing me to restart my PS2. I give it a 5 at best. It has a lot of options and gameplay modes including the never before seen GM Career mode. Overall the game is OK. My advice to you, if you like a game that is mostly strategical, buy it. But if you're a baseball fan who likes action and enthusiastic announcers don't buy it. Because if you do, you will be sorry. Expand
  2. ZackaryZ.
    Jul 2, 2006
    the side games ar very good but its the same hittingng everytime som of the calls are bull more control of hitting the ball the inside edge is great in all through when we try to boost the picthers overall he go down the gm mode is fun to play if you always wanted to be gm. the tasks are some very hard and they what you to realese your teams best player the soundtracks are good some they the side games ar very good but its the same hittingng everytime som of the calls are bull more control of hitting the ball the inside edge is great in all through when we try to boost the picthers overall he go down the gm mode is fun to play if you always wanted to be gm. the tasks are some very hard and they what you to realese your teams best player the soundtracks are good some they have some boring cheats cdes most websites dont even have game guides so im going to give it a 7 out of a possibe 10. Expand
  3. JeremyS.
    Apr 8, 2006
    Fielding is flawed, hitting is just okay. But really like the "inside edge". Of the baseball games I've played this year (MLB 06 "The Show and NCAA BB) this is the best.
  4. MartinS.
    May 16, 2006
    The side game is very good (realistic stadium,players,audioetc...but the playing game is very poor. Hitting is more luck than total control, fielding is very slow (catching-throwing) if you do come with another baseball next year, you will have to improve this part.

#47 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006

1. Game Informer
    Outside of this, through its array of innovations, Major League Baseball 2K6 blows the doors off of what you could expect from a baseball game. [Apr 2006, p.116]
    Inside Edge is the most significant addition to the game, and we hope to see scouting play a part in the genre in the future. But control problems with baserunning and fielding, along with a lack of general polish, keep 2K6 from being the great game it's trying to be.
  3. But the thing that makes this game just pretty good and not fantastic is the faulty fielding. It's not a deal breaker, but it is noticeable and at times frustrating.