7.5

1. Thomas
    Oct 14, 2005
    Great game by NIS, they make the best S.R.P.G.
  2. ClevelandW.
    May 30, 2009
    I'm not sure why critics didn't like this game so much. While yes, the semi-2D SRPG was already done and conquered by Disgaea and many, many others, Makai brings a sense of humor and haphazardness to the fray that makes it all worth playing. I haven't laughed this hard at a game or loved one quite so much as Makai Kingdom in a while.
  3. Mar 7, 2014
    Easily the best SRPG I have ever played. It's unique gameplay style adds flair and style to a generally boring SRPG scene. Combine that with a strong narrative, good voice acting, flashing animations, and witty dialogue and you have a recipe for success. The game provided hours upon hours of fun and last-ability. Out of all the SRPGs I have play it is the funniest, wittiest, and mostEasily the best SRPG I have ever played. It's unique gameplay style adds flair and style to a generally boring SRPG scene. Combine that with a strong narrative, good voice acting, flashing animations, and witty dialogue and you have a recipe for success. The game provided hours upon hours of fun and last-ability. Out of all the SRPGs I have play it is the funniest, wittiest, and most entertaining by far. Expand

#59 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Even though it feels like worn territory, Makai Kingdom is still a charming and intelligent game with enough depth to sustain the gameplay long after the story is finished.
  2. The story is interesting, the dialog is hilarious, and the game is fun. NIS did their best to pull out the best elements of their previous games – those mechanics that people seemed to enjoy the most – and funnel them into this new game, while still exploring other novel ideas.
  3. Play Magazine