Manhunt PlayStation 2

8.3

1. DaveW.
    Sep 8, 2007
    I originally bought this game because I had so much of the hoo-ha surrounding it that I just felt I had to give it a go to see what all the fuss was about. And after having played it for a few days, I still couldn't tell. Yes, the game is (at times unnecessarily) gory, yes it's extremely violent, but unfortunately it's also not very good. The difference between the speed of I originally bought this game because I had so much of the hoo-ha surrounding it that I just felt I had to give it a go to see what all the fuss was about. And after having played it for a few days, I still couldn't tell. Yes, the game is (at times unnecessarily) gory, yes it's extremely violent, but unfortunately it's also not very good. The difference between the speed of Cash's walk and his run were too extreme, making any attempts at sneaking up then running away near impossible to accurately control. The stealth element, while pretty well executed, was let down by the slow pace of the game. Basically, this game is great for anyone who's going to find it funny or thrilling to stab a character in the neck with a crowbar. Anyone else should leave well alone, because this game just isn't strong enough in terms of gameplay to make anything other than a cheap shockfest. Expand
  2. LehemäV.
    Dec 3, 2003
    "This game is just brilliant!" Can't be true. This game just is very, very boring and graphics are weak.
  3. BenN.
    Feb 21, 2004
    Too repetitive and short.
  4. MarcusB.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Utter trash. Takes a great idea and --presto!-- turns it into crap. Weak graphics (let's face it, the PS2 is showing it's age), linear gameplay devoid of any variability, weak controls and the concomitant problems associated with a stealth game predicated on such a control scheme.
  5. HunajaakoT.
    Dec 16, 2003
    This can't be game. This is trash. Everything has made with "let's make money with very, very bloody game". Game is cruel, and it is the worst game I remember.
  6. May 24, 2014
    Its a shame that this game even exist its just disgusting and crude murder simulator
    This is one of the reasons why Rockstar is terrible.

I hate them.

#11 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#9 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Entertainment Weekly
    An engrossing thrill ride. [19 Dec 2003, p.L2T 20]
  2. It is incredibly easy to screw up and get killed in this game, which sometimes forces you to repeat lengthy and difficult sections of each level. Thankfully, there are mid-stage save points that allow you to restart there instead of at the beginning of the level.
  3. The controls are responsive and worked well, both for the sneaking around aspect and the heads up melee fighting if you happen to get spotted.