6.3

1. DragonKnightofFinalFantasy
    Oct 1, 2005
    Nice job EA.. The physics are tp notch with a random punches sending an enemy flying into the air and bouncing off everything and how when you throw a barrel at someone its totally realistic when they catch it before it gets near them. The characters are great to play as too! I love playing a fighting game where everyone plays like one other character (this case Spiderman) and when ranged Nice job EA.. The physics are tp notch with a random punches sending an enemy flying into the air and bouncing off everything and how when you throw a barrel at someone its totally realistic when they catch it before it gets near them. The characters are great to play as too! I love playing a fighting game where everyone plays like one other character (this case Spiderman) and when ranged attacks dominate you and can get you a cheap win or get a cheap loss because they keep using range attacks is no frustrating whatsoever! Which makes those melee fighters SO MUCH FUN TO USE. Especially Elecktra. The campaign is so dry I love it! And the new characters aren't rip-offs of other Marvel characters! Just becuase Johnny Ohm has the same exact powers as Electro and Solara is the same as Johnny Storm so what? Sure the camera is annoying all the time. Sure the multi-player is only fun for alittle while. Sure its not that fun to begin with and the graphics (especially the enviroments) are kinda bland but in all seriousness EA had a good concept here and they botched it so horribly. Avoid this game at all costs. Expand
  2. Simplisticgamelover
    Oct 19, 2005
    Unlike everybody else, i thought that it was pretty fun.
  3. DamienJ.
    Oct 30, 2005
    Wow... I'm a big Marvel fan and a fan of games like Power Stone, but this game just isn't any fun. It's terrible that EA is making Marvel fighting games instead of Capcom, they just can't make a fun game. I was really looking forward to Marvel vs. Capcom 3, now we're stuck with this.
  4. DarrenL.
    Sep 21, 2005
    Best superhero game to date! Great depth, and the visuals are amazing. A must for any fighting game or comic book fan!
  5. RoniS.
    Sep 22, 2005
    This is a very fun game, I like it a lot. It's great for kids also, they may not get good at it, but they will still have a great time playing it.
  6. SumDood
    Nov 21, 2005
    Terrible game! Not appealing, very confusing, and not to meantion tough as crap. I wish EA could put its stamp on somethig good other than sports games for once! U guys have all that Madden money spend it wisely!
  7. Cornstarch
    Nov 7, 2005
    This game makes me so mad... the AI in the story mode is cheap. then there IS the story mode... first... defeat the enemies! now defeat them in a set time limit! now you HAVE to throw them in the hole while they shoot lasers at you from a unseen distance....now fight a boss with some condition like youve been poisoned. EA said after catwoman that whole "quality now" bullcrap, but asideThis game makes me so mad... the AI in the story mode is cheap. then there IS the story mode... first... defeat the enemies! now defeat them in a set time limit! now you HAVE to throw them in the hole while they shoot lasers at you from a unseen distance....now fight a boss with some condition like youve been poisoned. EA said after catwoman that whole "quality now" bullcrap, but aside from the awsome burnout series, EA is the biggest disappointment ever. avoid it. if a friend rents it, dont be his friend.. anyone who finds this game more than "average at best" needs to be instatutionalized...BYE! Expand
  8. DavidB.
    Sep 18, 2005
    Great game, which delivers superb graphic and great super powers.
  9. M.G.
    Sep 21, 2005
    This game is sweet and offers lots of replay. Great value!
  10. BillG.
    Sep 23, 2005
    What a piece of crap! Where's the gameplay? I heard Marvel was excited about this deal because they were going to get to keep the IP. Whoops! Way to sh*t the bed, EA!
  11. JohnO.
    Sep 24, 2005
    These people giving this game 9's and 10's obviously work for EA or Nhillistic. The story mode for this game doesn't have the depth of Donkey Kong. Online/Vs mode is much better, but the shallow control scheme and serious balance issue's, also end up ruining this mode. Give us at least one unique button combo per character, or maybe make use of the right analog stick, These people giving this game 9's and 10's obviously work for EA or Nhillistic. The story mode for this game doesn't have the depth of Donkey Kong. Online/Vs mode is much better, but the shallow control scheme and serious balance issue's, also end up ruining this mode. Give us at least one unique button combo per character, or maybe make use of the right analog stick, which has no function. It could have at least been used for muting your headset, which cuts out constantly during online play because its mapped to the left stick (same as your main player control). I have never played a game with so many obvious bugs, almost every online game I have played, has had bugs like floating cars or objects with no collision properties and things I cant pick up. After a few days, I am left wishing I would have only rented this game....hopefully someone will buy my copy on E-Bay. Expand
  12. BigL.
    Sep 24, 2005
    You finally get to use super powers they way they were meant to be used in a game. Tons of fun playing versus mode with a friend.
  13. MartinH.
    Sep 25, 2005
    Great game. People rating it low have either not played enough to appreciate the depth , or just cannot appreciate the design. I see a lot fo people complaining about the 1-button - try using your heads people! Its about context, and as a Marvel fan, it rocks!
  14. GiancarloB.
    Sep 26, 2005
    Although this game is good it does lack moves for character. after playing with all the Characters u eventualy realize that most of them are the same characters with the same move just in diferent skins. the story mode lacks creativity and the verses is great multy playing fun. one thing about the game that most people i think dont like is that it doesent have any origenal characters suchAlthough this game is good it does lack moves for character. after playing with all the Characters u eventualy realize that most of them are the same characters with the same move just in diferent skins. the story mode lacks creativity and the verses is great multy playing fun. one thing about the game that most people i think dont like is that it doesent have any origenal characters such as captian america the hulk the punisher mr fantastic ex. Expand
  15. JonJ.
    Sep 22, 2005
    This is a fantastic game, I am not sure what those critics are thinking. There is a intuitive control mechanic, and deep gameplay (more buttons has nothing to do with depth, and if you can't see past that, you are missing out on a VERY fun game). The only down side is story mode, and who cares.. this is a fighting game.
  16. Mar 11, 2012
    More than anything, this was a fun and zanny game with most focus on the multiplayer. The physics aren't the best, but seem to work. The characters each have abilities to climb, fly, run, swing, pick up certain objects depending on their strength, etc; and all this blending in the characters attitudes, such as such as the comedy of Spiderman, the Anger of Wolverine, etc. Although, mindMore than anything, this was a fun and zanny game with most focus on the multiplayer. The physics aren't the best, but seem to work. The characters each have abilities to climb, fly, run, swing, pick up certain objects depending on their strength, etc; and all this blending in the characters attitudes, such as such as the comedy of Spiderman, the Anger of Wolverine, etc. Although, mind you, the sound acting was pretty bad. But, I really enjoyed bashing people up; chucking them of the edge; picking up a car, and exploding it in mid-air; climbing up walls; and even blowing stuff up with inferno.
    So, it is an average game when it comes to graphics, story and gameplay; but i quite enjoyed the overall simple and entertain battle system.
  17. Mar 31, 2014
    When it comes to multiplayer, this game is a lot of fun. The bad part is the so called "story " mode. They really tried hard to make it look like it has a story, but it doesn't.. They did make some story cut-scenes , but its a really poor effort. The missions are simplistic, very random, and laughably stupid. Kill 20 enemies, and destroy 30 objects , and repeating these kind of idioticWhen it comes to multiplayer, this game is a lot of fun. The bad part is the so called "story " mode. They really tried hard to make it look like it has a story, but it doesn't.. They did make some story cut-scenes , but its a really poor effort. The missions are simplistic, very random, and laughably stupid. Kill 20 enemies, and destroy 30 objects , and repeating these kind of idiotic missions is not fun at all! The missions are played in the same arenas as in multiplayer, so other than unlocking some characters, there's no reason to torture yourself with it. There are some minor control problems, but nothing major, there"s a lot of extra marvel stuff for the fanboys, so altogether its an OK brawler game. Expand

#62 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2005
#33 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2005

1. Instead of the epic battles I was looking forward to, I've spent much of my time with Nemesis playing one hero or another against a horde of pretty generic bad guys, most of which either don't pose any challenge (or variety) and a few of which seem fiendishly hard (but still don't offer any variety).
  2. Players who enjoy the lore surrounding the Marvel Universe, as well as those who are looking for something different in terms of beating others into submission should definitely give this game a look.
  3. It doesn't have a riveting story, it's easy, the gameplay is stale and shallow – in short, and it offers nothing new.