8.2

1. GeorgeL.
    Oct 26, 2008
    I originally bought this game as a marvel fan. i heard it was awesome, and i like marvel comics (though not as much as DC), and decided to try it out. I jumped on in, and the game began. After mowing down several baddies, i figured i'd get a really strong boss/subboss to fight. i got half of what i wanted. when a super villian appeared (in this case, scorpion), i fought him andI originally bought this game as a marvel fan. i heard it was awesome, and i like marvel comics (though not as much as DC), and decided to try it out. I jumped on in, and the game began. After mowing down several baddies, i figured i'd get a really strong boss/subboss to fight. i got half of what i wanted. when a super villian appeared (in this case, scorpion), i fought him and defeated him by litterally pressing the same button over and over again. You'd figure that a super villian will put up a better fight. unfortunately, most villians were like this, aside from a couple hard ones. I got bored of the game after only a few levels. Months later, my friend wanted to try it and i gave it another go, hoping it would be better later. Sadly, even playing with my friend didn't take away the atrocious gameplay and horrible boss battles that this game had to offer, and sadly, my final verdict is that this game is for die hard marvel fans only. I'd rather play Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis than this. Expand

1. Appealing to a multitude of fans, including those of Marvel, action-RPGs and multiplayer, most gamers should feel little hesitation in giving Marvel: Ultimate Alliance a try.
  2. Decent comic book effort which certainly captures the Marvel spirit. Unlikely to become as revered as the icons that star in it, though. [Christmas 2006, p.97]
  3. Ultimate Alliance may be schlocky and unrefined, but the endless Dream Team combinations of Marvel super and not-so-super heroes prove irresistible.