8.4

1. JoshS.
    Feb 2, 2002
    I haven't played any other version on any other platform. Just the PS2. I spent a lot of money to be incredibly annoyed. Compared to other games, it takes 'forever' to load each scene. The dual-stick requirement to move and try and lock-on a target while pressing the R2 (and L1 or L2 if you want the much-hyped 'bullet-time' mode which gets old really quickly) I haven't played any other version on any other platform. Just the PS2. I spent a lot of money to be incredibly annoyed. Compared to other games, it takes 'forever' to load each scene. The dual-stick requirement to move and try and lock-on a target while pressing the R2 (and L1 or L2 if you want the much-hyped 'bullet-time' mode which gets old really quickly) makes the game control a great displeasure. The authors spent a lot of time in the manual congratulating themselves but compared to the likes of Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2 or Grand Theft Auto III, they're kidding themselves. I can't believe they restart levels when you die by loading the game again (instead of keeping a moderately sized, short sequence in RAM like other games) and THEY DON'T LET YOU SKIP MOST DIALOGUE SCENES. You have to sit and watch them over and over again. I think a "3" is generous. Expand
  2. BrandonH.
    Feb 12, 2002
    Graphics on this game are terrible. They look like real photos embedded into the game. I would not recommend this game.
  3. JohnJ.
    May 13, 2005
    I dont like the part where theres total darkness and he has to find a way out....it made me hate the game bcos that was stupid.
  4. Kevin
    Feb 12, 2002
    This game was too much money for the small amount of gameplay it had. It was fun going through the first time but then it got boring the second time around. It had lengthy load times and the game playing time was too little. The game wasn't all it was advertised to be.

1. Somehow Remedy Entertainment made the PS2 look like an old man when compared to the new console and the tried and true personal computer.
  2. Even if the overall experience is a bit too short, the length to which it goes to inspire some real John Woo-style gunplay and adrenaline is impressive and definitely deserves praise.
  3. Once Bullet Time’s novelty wears off, you’re left with a repetitive shooter, blasting the same species of enemy over and over. [Feb 2002, p.158]