8.4

1. DavidF.
    Feb 15, 2002
    I must admit that I was quite impressed with this game at first. The bullet time feature was unlike anything else I had seen before but once I got bored with it the game lost most of its appeal. The graphics are slow and jerky in places and the story/voice acting through comic strips between levels is sooo chessy it's unbeleivable! Also the game itself is far too easy and can be I must admit that I was quite impressed with this game at first. The bullet time feature was unlike anything else I had seen before but once I got bored with it the game lost most of its appeal. The graphics are slow and jerky in places and the story/voice acting through comic strips between levels is sooo chessy it's unbeleivable! Also the game itself is far too easy and can be completed in 4 to 5 days. An enjoyable experiece at first but becomes very repetitive, on the plus side the controls are pretty good. Expand
  2. FairlyOddparents
    Jun 16, 2002
    He looks constipated!
  3. PIRANHAG.
    Jul 6, 2003
    It´s a shame that this game is so short otherwise it would be perfect.
  4. MueedM.
    Jul 21, 2003
    I haven't played any other version of this game, but I kinda liked it. I got annoyed because I couldn't skip cinematics and once you die, you re load the game. A "7" is a pretty generous rating.
  5. ZiggyStardust
    Nov 11, 2002
    A very weak port. This is the worst version of Max Payne you could get.

1. Somehow Remedy Entertainment made the PS2 look like an old man when compared to the new console and the tried and true personal computer.
  2. Even if the overall experience is a bit too short, the length to which it goes to inspire some real John Woo-style gunplay and adrenaline is impressive and definitely deserves praise.
  3. Once Bullet Time’s novelty wears off, you’re left with a repetitive shooter, blasting the same species of enemy over and over. [Feb 2002, p.158]