Medal of Honor Rising Sun PlayStation 2

7.6

1. AdamL.
    Nov 17, 2003
    I am a very very big fan of the MOH and I was really expecting this to top the others but i was glad I decided to rent it first. The game was to short overall but somehow each level just seemed to drag out. I think true gamers will be upset with the lack of that pulling you in feeling that fades away after the first level. I got so tired of seeing jungle I could puke and speaking of puke I am a very very big fan of the MOH and I was really expecting this to top the others but i was glad I decided to rent it first. The game was to short overall but somehow each level just seemed to drag out. I think true gamers will be upset with the lack of that pulling you in feeling that fades away after the first level. I got so tired of seeing jungle I could puke and speaking of puke where was the blood? And the sequel only works guys when the first one kicks ass. Expand
  2. Nighttrain
    Nov 18, 2003
    This installment lacks: detail in the enivorments, non-retarded AI at times and flamethowers! I mean how can you not talk WWII in the pacific and not talk flamethowers! On the up side there are a few decent tidbits to enhance gameplay... this is good but not the medal of honor that i am used to.
  3. Jen
    Nov 15, 2003
    Way too easy, and WAYYYYYYY too quick. I feel like I wasted 50 bucks in a BIG way. Shame on EA for making this so short just so they can have a sequel next year. Do yourself a favor and rent it.
  4. DenisR.,Jr.
    Nov 20, 2003
    Gameplay-wise, this game was great. I enjoyed it. However, it was WAY too short! It was over before I knew what had happened. And that's another thing: What the heck was happening. I mean, I know the whole Pearl Harbor history, but game-wise, I was lost right up to the credits. I spent every level following one objection: kill and destroy. Plus, only about half of the weapons in the Gameplay-wise, this game was great. I enjoyed it. However, it was WAY too short! It was over before I knew what had happened. And that's another thing: What the heck was happening. I mean, I know the whole Pearl Harbor history, but game-wise, I was lost right up to the credits. I spent every level following one objection: kill and destroy. Plus, only about half of the weapons in the game were used in 2-player co-op: What's that about?... Oh well, what can you expect without the influence of Dreamworks. Expand
  5. PhilK.
    Nov 18, 2003
    I think it's horrile compared to MOH frontline. the graphics are not that good and I beat the game in a matter of days. Nothing like the the first MOH. Did EA go cheap? What's the deal with having to wait until next year to rescue the brother character? STUPID marketing ploy!!! It's like playing that Castle Wolfenstein Crappy game!!
  6. GeorgeC.
    Nov 19, 2003
    Great graphics, great sound, great storyline, ending was very disappointing and it came way too soon, only nine boards, are you kidding me??? has great potential, but there are many things that need to be improved on, like smarter AI, a little more variety, too much jungle.
  7. Nighttrain
  8. KB
    Nov 27, 2003
    A lot of fun...really..but was disappointed at how fast it ended.
  9. JoshB.
    Dec 7, 2003
    Well, the beggining Pearl Harbor level rocked, but it was down hill from there, plus it was far too linear. I'd reccomend a rental, but that is it.
  10. Aug 16, 2014
    medal of honor goes abroad to the pacific theater! but a few things were left behind, medal of honor rising sun was released in 2003 for tthe ps2, xbox and gamecube systems, it was the first medal of honor game set in the pacific theater of world war 2, so where do i start? this is the black sheep of the medal of honor franchise, essentially, i have 2 versions of this game, the xboxmedal of honor goes abroad to the pacific theater! but a few things were left behind, medal of honor rising sun was released in 2003 for tthe ps2, xbox and gamecube systems, it was the first medal of honor game set in the pacific theater of world war 2, so where do i start? this is the black sheep of the medal of honor franchise, essentially, i have 2 versions of this game, the xbox version, and the ps2 version, while the ps2 version plays well without incident, the xbox version is packed full of bugs, mainly level areas that dont spawn, i would not reccomend the xbox version at all, but as for the game, the level design is fairly good, but some levels feel cramped and grainy, like the Guadalcanal level, the graphics are a plus, they are fairly good looking, but the one thing that lets this game down is the ai, the enemies stand out in the open and just let you shoot them, i dont know if this is for historical realism, because japanese soldiers were not afraid to die, but i have no clue, your teammates have the same problem, but they will occasionally get stuck on the scenery, also the control is nowhere near as good as medal of honor frontline, it feels slugish and stiff, and aiming accurately is an absolute chore, but one bonus over frontline, is that there is a checkpoint system, in the form of save systems spread about the levels, overall, its not a bad game, the concept could have worked, but it was just rushed out the door too quick, and all the different ports have so many things wrong with them, i wouldnt reccomend this game to anyone with a 6th gen console, its not a bad game, but, you wont get your moneys worth :( Expand
  11. Oct 19, 2014
    nice grapchics but story and levels are tooo boring . . .

#15 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2003
#34 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. A formulaic, by the numbers FPS with zero innovation, demented AI and a crushing lack of inspiration.
  2. It's not a bad game, but then again, it's not the be-all and end-all Pacific-theater FPS we expected. The primary emphasis on gloss and glamour over gameplay and challenge suggests that Rising Sun is geared more toward the tyro rather than the savant.
  3. Quite simply, the game offers nothing that you can’t get in the other games, and can’t have a better time getting in the other games.