8.9

1. Jan 14, 2015
    The Mega Man Anniversary Collection is the best way to play the first 8 games in the series on the cheap. Let's compare it to its closest competitor in terms of convenience the Wii U Virtual Console you can buy the 6 NES games for 4.99 each and Mega Man 7 for 7.99. In all that's 37.93 not including taxes.
    The Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the PlayStation 2 can be purchased NEW in 2015 for 13.09 in the year 2015 which includes the PLAYSTATION version of Mega Man 8 which is not on the E-Shop along with 2 arcade fighting games. The games are emulated SLIGHTLY better on E-Shop but not enough for me, myself to really care. If you want to play Mega Man 1-8 in the cheapest most convenient way buy this collection. Just don't buy it on the GameCube, the jump and shoot buttons are switched
    which in my opinion ruins the whole collection on GAMECUBE the PlayStation version keeps the buttons how the should be X to jump and Square to shoot (X=A and Square=B). Not sure about the Xbox version
    though.
  2. May 6, 2011
    It's not the best collection pack, but it is certainly worth picking up if you are a fan of the series. Pros: Excellent ports of 10 retro Mega Man games with an additional audio reproduction, remixed soundtrack, and mid-game saving system. Cons: At least half of the games can be a bit too repetitious or frustrating.
  3. MP83
    Aug 10, 2005
    Great collection of games that made me into a Mega Man fan. More companies should release their old games as collections like this. *hints*
  4. WhiteWarrior
    Aug 1, 2004
    Wow, talk about a blast from the past!! This will take veteran gamers (like myself) back to the days when games were difficult and took skill and patience to complete. The bonuses are awesome. I mean adding the first episode cartoon of megaman as an unlockable secret, kudos to the developer on that one. Anyway to the elite gamers this is a MUST have for your collection. To gaming newbees, Wow, talk about a blast from the past!! This will take veteran gamers (like myself) back to the days when games were difficult and took skill and patience to complete. The bonuses are awesome. I mean adding the first episode cartoon of megaman as an unlockable secret, kudos to the developer on that one. Anyway to the elite gamers this is a MUST have for your collection. To gaming newbees, jump right in and enjoy. I only wish they would do something like this for the Sonic the Hedgehog series... HINT...HINT!! Expand
  5. Dr.Wily
    Jul 2, 2004
    I'm rather sure a lot of people whose first game experience was Crash Bandicoot won't entirely appreciate this, and if this is so, probably take a few points of my score. However, for fans of the old(er) days of 2D beauty, this game is heaven. Sure, some would argue that not all the games in here are still that strong (MM 2 and 3 are almost universally hailed as the best ones, I'm rather sure a lot of people whose first game experience was Crash Bandicoot won't entirely appreciate this, and if this is so, probably take a few points of my score. However, for fans of the old(er) days of 2D beauty, this game is heaven. Sure, some would argue that not all the games in here are still that strong (MM 2 and 3 are almost universally hailed as the best ones, while some find the later games uncreative), but Megaman has always been about straight up side scrolling fun, and this collection delivers by the ton. Memorable characters and level design, some secrets and a great bargain price make this an absolute must for 2D fans. But then again, I'm guessing most MM fans have already bought this game. To the younger gamers, I say: Know Thine Roots! Expand
  6. KyleC.
    Jun 10, 2004
    I mean hey come on, it's the blue bomber. need i say more?
  7. May 6, 2011

1. A must-own for any fan of the series. It contains great ports of the first 8 games plus the option of playing them with slightly enhanced graphics and hints, as well as easy and hard difficulties and the ability to start with 3 or 5 lives.
  2. This is what Mega Man is all about. Its creative level and enemy design, difficulty, and easy controls are what made Mega Man a classic from day one.
  3. Here's to the simpler things in life, and to Mega Man on his 15th birthday.