• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Sep 21, 2004
7.1

1. RyanT.
    Sep 25, 2004
    As far as I'm concerned, I am a Mega Man fan. I think I've played almost every game of his, and each one has been enjoyable or very fun. I think I would categorize this one somewhere in the middle. The main complaints I have about this game are the story and the music. I thought the story was incredibly shallow and uninteresting, and there are no real signs of character As far as I'm concerned, I am a Mega Man fan. I think I've played almost every game of his, and each one has been enjoyable or very fun. I think I would categorize this one somewhere in the middle. The main complaints I have about this game are the story and the music. I thought the story was incredibly shallow and uninteresting, and there are no real signs of character development. Even when one of my favorite characters died, I didn't really feel sad at all. I dunno if it was just the poor cutscene of his death, or the character himself. After a while, I found the music of the game to be quite monotonous. I was only humming about 1 or 2 tunes after I was done playing, and thats not too good for my standards, especially for a Mega Man game After all is said and done though, this game is really cool, despite its shallow story and mechanics (excluding the battle system; it's awesome). It's just a fun game to play, what more can I say? Expand

#47 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2004

With its abundance of cool unlockables, neat customization options, and strong amalgamation of strong RPG battle systems, I can easily recommend it to Mega Man X fans who are tired of being disappointed and are willing to try a little something different.
    Nothing else holds up to the visuals -- not the music, not the script, not the gameplay. Seriously, it's like you've managed to combine the worst bits of your own games along with the most annoying excesses of Japanese RPGs and came up with something so indescribably bland as to defy logic.
  3. Play Magazine