9.0

1. Mar 14, 2014
    I incredibly enjoyed Mercenaries due to the Open World experience only before seen in Grand Theft Auto. The thought that there are other things than the main story was mind-blowing when I first played it, having not played any Grand Theft Auto game at that time. The dynamic environment was what sealed the deal for me. The ability to blow up buildings, hijack helicopters and call in airstrikes? This game was amazing!

The only reason this is a 9 and not 10 is because there were a few annoying Glitches I found in the game.

1. A rare gem that surpasses expectations and stands as an extremely fun and engaging action game.
  2. In the end, a pared-down multi-player extravaganza does not a great single-player experience make. This game has a lot of good things going for it, but they exist in departments that ultimately don’t matter.
  3. One of the few games that has a lot of flaws but still manages to be a blast to play. There are numerous glitches and bugs, and the game’s pacing can be a bit slow (driving from area to area), but once you get in a big ol’ firefight, those things become distant memories.