8.7

1. May 11, 2015
    One of the best games on playstation 2. I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it.
  2. May 2, 2015
    Excellent my favourite game in the series so far. I love the storyline and it kept me interested for hours. The gameplay was fantastic I loved the boss fights as they weren't too difficult but they still had a bit of a challenge to them. The soundtrack was exquisite and it easily made the story more empowering and it made every sad scene just a lot sad. The characters were great whilstExcellent my favourite game in the series so far. I love the storyline and it kept me interested for hours. The gameplay was fantastic I loved the boss fights as they weren't too difficult but they still had a bit of a challenge to them. The soundtrack was exquisite and it easily made the story more empowering and it made every sad scene just a lot sad. The characters were great whilst many could argue that Raiden was a disappointment as it was a step down from Solid Snake it didn't matter to me as it was in my opinion a secret way of showing Raiden as the player as it shows a clumsy character on his first mission with little to none experience just like the player who wouldn't have experience in a tactical espionage mission and its while i think of this it makes me like the character a lot more and it makes me respect Hideo Kojima a lot more. In conclusion I think it's a fantastic game and it is really worth the buy and after replaying it I can say this game is in my top ten video games. Expand
  3. Mar 20, 2015
    It's so funny to watch the bad reviews of someone. You need to make a review and thinkin of the time that he game was released.

This game was created 2001!!!! 2001!!!. I mean seriously, put me an overall game of that year and compared to this.....i remember the first time i play this it was 2004 or 2005, and i like the game so much, it was like "a good game for that years", but then

This game was created 2001!!!! 2001!!!.

I mean seriously, put me an overall game of that year and compared to this.....i remember the first time i play this it was 2004 or 2005, and i like the game so much, it was like "a good game for that years", but then i realised that this was one of the first PS2 games, and the first games was really so wack.

Look at the PES games, it was he same but with betters graphics compared to the PSOne, same for all the others saga, expect Metal gear and Grand Theft Auto the two games use the full-potential of the tech of the PS2 by that time.

This was the first GREAT game for the PS2, and i really need to put a 10 on this. Because, if i was playing this on 2001 it's obviously that i will be shocked. Look the youtube videos of the CES 1999 and 2000, the people can't believe it the amazing graphics.

The story was not the better compared with the others titles of the saga, but i really appreciate the work of Kojima to try to put a very complete history. With this game he says than this saga was based on the history more than the game, and that's how the real fans get it. Most of the people don't understand that, but i prefer to play this than watching a movie..Some people just seeing movies, others just play games, i prefer a large movie that i can feel like i'm the protagonist of that, and Kojima knows how to do it.
  4. Dec 10, 2014
    So what if this game has a confusing storyline. Maybe if you pay close enough attention you'd realise that how deep and an accurate description of society this game is. The gameplay and graphics have vastly improved and the main character is a perfect example of the average gamer. We are all effected and created by the memes of our society and this game nails it here. Ofcourse cod playersSo what if this game has a confusing storyline. Maybe if you pay close enough attention you'd realise that how deep and an accurate description of society this game is. The gameplay and graphics have vastly improved and the main character is a perfect example of the average gamer. We are all effected and created by the memes of our society and this game nails it here. Ofcourse cod players rating this game don't understand that. The game requires you to be technical not go in shooting everything in sight. The game's length also depends on the difficulty you play on on very easy it's between 4-5 hours with out cutscenes and as you go up to European extreme the game is over 14 hours. Overall this is one of the greatest games I have ever played. Expand
  5. Dec 10, 2014
    One of the most anticipated sequels of all time, "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" is bigger, and mostly better. Graphics and art design still looks amazing over 13 years later, very life like character animations, fantastic voice acting, wide cast of interesting characters and better stealth mechanics make "MGS2" the definition of a sequel done right. And after awhile, I learned toOne of the most anticipated sequels of all time, "Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty" is bigger, and mostly better. Graphics and art design still looks amazing over 13 years later, very life like character animations, fantastic voice acting, wide cast of interesting characters and better stealth mechanics make "MGS2" the definition of a sequel done right. And after awhile, I learned to appreciate the most over the top story I have ever experienced. Expand
  6. Nov 5, 2014
    I remember when this game first came out and all of us were like stunned by the details and the graphics, it's amazing what the series became. Anyways, sorry so back on point, this game is amazing. It's not overly long, but just right and it's sad at some parts and can be challenging if you want to make it that way. I beat it first then went back and tried doing mostly stealth kills whichI remember when this game first came out and all of us were like stunned by the details and the graphics, it's amazing what the series became. Anyways, sorry so back on point, this game is amazing. It's not overly long, but just right and it's sad at some parts and can be challenging if you want to make it that way. I beat it first then went back and tried doing mostly stealth kills which makes you learn to appreciate the game a lot more. This is definitely one of the best PS2 games of all times, and you should try it if you're able to find it. It's definitely worth time you put into it. Expand
  7. Oct 25, 2014
    Do I even have to say anything about this.It is in my top 5 best ps2 games of all time and it was easily the best game of 2001.Well done Konami and Hideo Kojima,you gave us one of the best games of all time !!!
  8. Sep 22, 2014
    Best game, would fap again. Yeah, boo **** hoo you're not snake, but it's still really fun. Nude run and final boss battle made it the most bestest MLG game ever.
  9. Jul 16, 2014
    the gameplay is absolute bliss, the story although very complicated, is very interesting and a huge asset to the appeal of the game. there are a few things wrong though. I do wish you could play as snake, because raiden does get pretty annoying, but after a while once you get to learn more about his character, he doesn't end up being that bad, infact I like raiden. the plot sometimes feelsthe gameplay is absolute bliss, the story although very complicated, is very interesting and a huge asset to the appeal of the game. there are a few things wrong though. I do wish you could play as snake, because raiden does get pretty annoying, but after a while once you get to learn more about his character, he doesn't end up being that bad, infact I like raiden. the plot sometimes feels ridiculous because of all the twists and turns it takes throughout the entire game, but is still enjoyable and quite necessary to set the plot for future titles. I love this game, but I don't think its quite as good as the first game which I consider a perfect game, this one having a few problems which in reality are just popular nitpicks among players Expand
  10. Jul 6, 2014
    If you have a PS2 or PC (MGS2: Substance) buy this. Best game ever what I played. Good story, Good Characters... But the only problem the little hard control this problem after 10 minutes playing not hard.
  11. May 20, 2014
    Quite possibly one of the best intro of gaming history and a great presentation to a man that was abused to kill other people it's shocking; the graphics are the best of it's time, the acting impressive the characters lips look great. The setting beautifully created and realistic for it's time, a few new tricks of it's slew for unique stealth a first person aiming but the downside of itQuite possibly one of the best intro of gaming history and a great presentation to a man that was abused to kill other people it's shocking; the graphics are the best of it's time, the acting impressive the characters lips look great. The setting beautifully created and realistic for it's time, a few new tricks of it's slew for unique stealth a first person aiming but the downside of it is that the player can't walk while aiming. Atleast gives tactical advantage over where I am going to hide? it's just great. Perfect cut-scenes with unique characters to show but horrible choice from using more raiden than SNAKE! prevents it from making the game even longer so I give this game a 9.1607 out of 10. Expand
  12. Mar 15, 2014
    This game somehow manages to take the original Metal Gear Solid, which was a masterpiece in its own right, and one up it in almost every aspect. Sure, the bosses aka. Dead Cell in Sons of Liberty don't leave quite the impression that FOXHOUND did on the player in MGS1 and the boss fights are less imaginative as well as less difficult, the overall gameplay of MGS2 is much more complex andThis game somehow manages to take the original Metal Gear Solid, which was a masterpiece in its own right, and one up it in almost every aspect. Sure, the bosses aka. Dead Cell in Sons of Liberty don't leave quite the impression that FOXHOUND did on the player in MGS1 and the boss fights are less imaginative as well as less difficult, the overall gameplay of MGS2 is much more complex and ultimately superior. Expand
  13. Jan 23, 2014
    Great game. Don't understand the hate for it. Sure the story may not be that great, but the game play was fun. Kind of like Crisis core. Great game play, ignorable story. And you also can't call Raiden a cry baby and ignore it when Cloud does it.
  14. Sep 1, 2013
    One of my personal favorite games, and one of the best to grace itself on the PS2. Having not played Guns or the Patriots yet, this is by far the best in the series. The storyline, while outlandish and silly, is still engaging, shocking and damn right one of the best in a video game. The graphics were stunning, the gameplay updated loveably from the first, and the characters feel likeOne of my personal favorite games, and one of the best to grace itself on the PS2. Having not played Guns or the Patriots yet, this is by far the best in the series. The storyline, while outlandish and silly, is still engaging, shocking and damn right one of the best in a video game. The graphics were stunning, the gameplay updated loveably from the first, and the characters feel like people rather than goals to be reached.
    I see people saying don't fall for the hype, don't waste your money. Rubbish. We, the people make hype for games, and this game deserves it, and your money. Stealth action at its best, its still one of the most decent games money can buy.
  15. Aug 30, 2013
    While not as great as the original it did improve the gameplay of the series by a lot. First person mode aiming for every weapon, and all the cool melee moves, interrogating the guards, shooting them in the leg were all fun stuff to do... The storyline is its only lackluster field in my opinion but I guess this can be understood, since it was one of the very first games for the ps2, so theWhile not as great as the original it did improve the gameplay of the series by a lot. First person mode aiming for every weapon, and all the cool melee moves, interrogating the guards, shooting them in the leg were all fun stuff to do... The storyline is its only lackluster field in my opinion but I guess this can be understood, since it was one of the very first games for the ps2, so the technical part might have been more important to the devs. Expand
  16. Aug 25, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid is an absolutely remarkable series. The first MGS game is the first title in a very long time that I remember wanting to play again immediately after finishing it, and I did the same with this one. The soundtrack is fantastic, from the actual music, to the way the guns sound to the sound of footsteps; all amazing. The graphics were stellar for the time period. The gameplayMetal Gear Solid is an absolutely remarkable series. The first MGS game is the first title in a very long time that I remember wanting to play again immediately after finishing it, and I did the same with this one. The soundtrack is fantastic, from the actual music, to the way the guns sound to the sound of footsteps; all amazing. The graphics were stellar for the time period. The gameplay is some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. There are however, a few minor detractors for me:

1: Raiden. The popular complaint. I just didn't like his character. Over the top annoying and emotional.
    2: (Spoilers): The Metal Gear Ray boss fight. Not difficult once you know what to do, but so horribly repetitive.
    3: The dialogue between Raiden and Rose is just...so unnecessary and cheesy.
    4: The story at times feels convoluted, but it's actually really great in my opinion.

That's really all I can say that is negative about this game. It is one of the greatest games I have ever played. With that said, I know these games are not for everyone. I, however, absolutely love them and that's why this game, as well as the first MGS, both get 10's from me.
  17. Aug 12, 2013
    Definitely one of the better games of the Metal Gear series, and of the entire Play Station 2 era as a whole. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty takes the action and stealth gameplay of the first game, amps it up tenfold, and continues the driving narrative as well. The controls are one hundred percent tighter and easier to handle, and the major improvements made to the already winningDefinitely one of the better games of the Metal Gear series, and of the entire Play Station 2 era as a whole. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty takes the action and stealth gameplay of the first game, amps it up tenfold, and continues the driving narrative as well. The controls are one hundred percent tighter and easier to handle, and the major improvements made to the already winning formula make for one heck of an experience. Truly a legacy series and truly one of the better games in that series second only to MGS4 at this time. Expand
  18. Aug 11, 2013
    This game is a real trip. Strange and cheesy, it still manages to be really cool in its execution. The spltting of the story is a powerful choice, but hasn't been seen by many fans as a good one. I tend to disagree. Raiden, who at first seems like an excuse to create a more anime-centric character, comes into his own rather quickly. He has a personality and style all his own, but stillThis game is a real trip. Strange and cheesy, it still manages to be really cool in its execution. The spltting of the story is a powerful choice, but hasn't been seen by many fans as a good one. I tend to disagree. Raiden, who at first seems like an excuse to create a more anime-centric character, comes into his own rather quickly. He has a personality and style all his own, but still controls like Snake in the long run. It might as well be a skin swap.
    Having played this directly after the first Metal Gear Solid, a few aspects of this game stood out as improvements, and others detracted. A great improvement was made to gunplay, which was clunky on the directional pad, but shines a little brighter on a stick. The character movement is better as well, allowing for various speeds of stealth. One thing that caught me a bit off guard was the enemy ai, that at times seems very sensitive, and at other times they are dull as rocks. It's a frustrating thing to often trudge through the trial and error, but I feel like this was done on purpose to create a greater sense of urgency. Like most of Kojima's games, it is pretty genuine in its design. It allows itself to be more than what you see, and this installment adds more depth and sophistication to an already established system. There is an "epic" atmosphere, even in confined halls or battling ridiculous bosses.
    The conspiracies run deep in this one, and at first glance the plot is a bit of a cluster but a person willing to pay attention will find a detailed tale full of political intrigue and mystery. Even the inclusion of the oddly named "Solidus" wasn't so bad. The controls are a bit dated now and some practice is needed, but it shouldn't be a problem for someone committing to a good time. This is the real dividing point in the series, you can take it or leave it. It doesn't capture the same charm as the first, but its attention to detail is so strong it outplays many games even now.
  19. Jul 20, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. where do i start? the story is mind boggling even with multiple playthroughs and looking at people talking about the game on youtube and you will never understand it all.

the gameplay is true to the original and is enhanced with the pressure sensitive buttons on the ps2 and ps3 controllers,

this is the first metal gear i have played and it is still my favorite even if you dont play as snake.
    this and mgs 4 are my favorites even though they are almost movies.
  20. Jul 11, 2013
    A simplified review for novice gamers
    Graphics:
    Impressive visuals feels a little cartoonic but still its great
    Sound:
    nicely done
    Game play:
    Classic metal gear style
    Story:
    Amazing story line
    overall MGS2 is a well made game but not completely
  21. Jun 30, 2013
    Good:Story,Mystic feeling about patriots,Snake,Otacon,Ocelot,solidus,Music.Plot twists.
    Bad:Ending where they show america and snake,raiden telling about joy and etc... things credits music.

Its like a pretty good holywood cinema.
  22. Jun 24, 2013
    This game, in a word, is masterful. Every aspect of this game is well done. The story, while difficult to follow at times, is awesome, full plot twists and emotional moments. The ending in particular has the story transform in ways you would never imagine. The music is just outstanding, namely the main theme and the boss battle music. The gameplay takes everything good about the originalThis game, in a word, is masterful. Every aspect of this game is well done. The story, while difficult to follow at times, is awesome, full plot twists and emotional moments. The ending in particular has the story transform in ways you would never imagine. The music is just outstanding, namely the main theme and the boss battle music. The gameplay takes everything good about the original Metal Gear Solid and just beefs it up to a whole new level. The stealth aspects in particular have evolved exceptionally well. In particular, the ability to hold people up at gunpoint is awesome.
    The biggest complaint with this game is that you don't play as Solid Snake for the majority of it, but rather you play as Raiden. In truth, I really like Raiden as the protagonist. It allows the story center around him and his back story, which allows for more variation in the story. Granted, he's not as cool as Snake, but he's no issue.

This came is a must play for anyone. It truly is a masterpiece.
    9.3/10
  23. Jun 20, 2013
    Kojima,you did it again!
    After superb Metal Gear Solid,you again made the world flip.
    You start with Solid Snake,the hero we all know and love,and theeeeeeeeenn he's (supposedly) dead. Kojima then introduced as to Raiden ,(later) badass who was part in army's 21st trials.(which means he is trained by video games like this) Plot unfolds,Snake isn't dead(YAY!),Liquid isn't actually dead
    Kojima,you did it again!
    After superb Metal Gear Solid,you again made the world flip.
    Kojima then introduced as to Raiden ,(later) badass who was part in army's 21st trials.(which means he is trained by video games like this) Plot unfolds,Snake isn't dead(YAY!),Liquid isn't actually dead (YAY?) and Big Shell incident is a recreation of Shadow Moses. Raiden tries to save president,he dies.
    Raiden tries to save Emma Emmerich,Otacon's sister,she dies by Vamp,romanian wizard with knives.
    Raiden gets naked,gets his stuff back,than gets badass sword.Snake and Raiden go all badass on MG Rex then defeat it.Raiden fights with Solidus Snake,who is supposedly Big Boss's perfect clone.
    Raiden defeats him,credits,end!
    Kojima,you beast,you did it again!
  24. Apr 6, 2013
    a freaking PS2 era masterpiece here you have it the best in the metal gear solid quadrilogy and the series great graphics because it took full advantage of the PS2's hardware and pushed the graphics to the limit and gameplay was super fun i will never forget this game story was freaking amazing too just an amazing masterpiece
  25. Feb 24, 2013
    This game deserves to be on the hall of fame for the PS2. It was released in 2001, but this game was WAY ahead of its time. And I don't see why people hate Raiden...just saying. Anyway, this game is so awesome that they re-released it in HD (along with MGS3 and Peace Walker) for the PS3, 360 and Vita. So do yourself a favor and get those versions, which are superior to the already awesomeThis game deserves to be on the hall of fame for the PS2. It was released in 2001, but this game was WAY ahead of its time. And I don't see why people hate Raiden...just saying. Anyway, this game is so awesome that they re-released it in HD (along with MGS3 and Peace Walker) for the PS3, 360 and Vita. So do yourself a favor and get those versions, which are superior to the already awesome PS2 version. Expand
  26. Feb 22, 2013
    I love this game. The story, characters, graphics and music were great. Even if Solid Snake isn't the main character i still like, despise some negativity of some fans. Besides, this my favourite mgs game of all time.
  27. Feb 21, 2013
    MGS2 is the most involved with themes, like conspiration, memes, and many others. The protagonist may not be Snake, but this factor put Raiden in other way: the way of the Cyber Ninja. The movement the bosses, the situations, partially all remembers MGS1. The Easter eggs are to funny to, and more exposed. A the moment the MGS with the best Story
  28. Nov 10, 2012
    Whoever says this isn't a good game is a fool. The introduction to first-person shooting was just magnificent, especially since it was the first MGS game to do this. For anyone interested in a sneaking game with an extraordinary(yet sometimes far-fetched & convoluted in all honesty) plot, great music and graphics that would be welcomed for a game on the PS3 then MGS2 is definitely the gameWhoever says this isn't a good game is a fool. The introduction to first-person shooting was just magnificent, especially since it was the first MGS game to do this. For anyone interested in a sneaking game with an extraordinary(yet sometimes far-fetched & convoluted in all honesty) plot, great music and graphics that would be welcomed for a game on the PS3 then MGS2 is definitely the game for you. It is so fun to play and I still play it to this day and don't get bored. The pitter-patter of rain while Snake walks the George Washington bridge in the opening of the tanker chapter, the music while you sneak around the Big Shell, the change of pace according to different missions, the Colonel's crazy sequence towards the end, the nostalgia you get when you emerge on the roof of Strut A as Raiden, the delusional yet righteous villains including Vamp, Solidus, Fatman and Fortune, not to mention Ocelot having a key role as always(his speech while hijacking Metal Gear is fantastic).....all of these moments in the game, they all make this game a treat particularly for a hardcore MGS fan like myself. Expand
  29. Aug 16, 2012
    I think this is one of the best computer game ever. You'll find there a lot of action, amazing story, nice locations and above all this little thing which makes games unique - culture connections. Even if you are not a fan of games like this, you should play MGS2.
  30. Jul 31, 2012
    One of the best games. Hideo Kojima is genius director and writer! The story is complex and interesting and the plot becomes appreciated after repeat playthroughs. The story is mgs2 strongest point like in every other mgs games but also gameplay, graphics and music are amazing.
  31. Jul 4, 2012
    For me, it's silly that people attack this game. Sure, in comparison to Solid Snake, Raiden was (at least when he was introduced) a lame main character, but this game, like all the Metal Gear games is unique and insanely entertaining. The style is both badass with the action-packed gameplay/scenes and humorous (yet amazing) in the small details and quirks. Despite not being an open worldFor me, it's silly that people attack this game. Sure, in comparison to Solid Snake, Raiden was (at least when he was introduced) a lame main character, but this game, like all the Metal Gear games is unique and insanely entertaining. The style is both badass with the action-packed gameplay/scenes and humorous (yet amazing) in the small details and quirks. Despite not being an open world game - as Metal Gear games aren't, there is a constant sense of discovery all throughout. The game truly is a masterpiece and is beautifully put together. It doesn't take itself seriously, nor does it expect anyone to, but, in the long run, it's hard not to care about the characters no matter how corny or ridiculous some of them may be. The story, despite is surprisingly in depth, which I liked. I would compare it to James Bond, but that would be an understatement, but it's almost impossible to compare any Metal Gear Solid game to anything. The only possible way to truly understand what kind of game it is, would be to experience it first hand, and it is worth your time and money. Expand
  32. Jun 28, 2012
    The very definition of "mind****." This game made sweet love to my mind in a cheap motel and never called back the following day. MGS2 isn't just a game, it's an experience. It's a thrilling, intelligent, and emotional roller coaster ride with twists and turns at every corner. I achieved such a high level of immersion on my first playthrough that I found myself questioning reality byThe very definition of "mind****." This game made sweet love to my mind in a cheap motel and never called back the following day. MGS2 isn't just a game, it's an experience. It's a thrilling, intelligent, and emotional roller coaster ride with twists and turns at every corner. I achieved such a high level of immersion on my first playthrough that I found myself questioning reality by game's end. Though initially annoyed by Konami's decision to make Raiden the main protagonist, I did enjoy seeing Solid Snake from a student perspective. Seemingly all knowing mentor who's better equipped and provides support when you're stuck is an appropriate role for a character who exudes unparalleled badassery and pimptitude. The soundtrack was pretty good. The improvements in gameplay over the original are vast. The first person aiming is a godsend, and the improved AI made toying around with enemy soldiers infinitely more fun and versatile. Every phase of the game is "Solid". Pun intended. Expand
  33. Jun 7, 2012
    Square is to shoot? X is O? Overrated game? Frustrating shooting? convoluted plot? Raiden's a wimp? What are you talking about!? You sorry lads are probably the same unlucky bunch that didn't get Inception the first time. What kind of mongrels are you to not realize the absolute genius that is MGS2? Only a proper fool would have a negative thing to say about this game. If you have anySquare is to shoot? X is O? Overrated game? Frustrating shooting? convoluted plot? Raiden's a wimp? What are you talking about!? You sorry lads are probably the same unlucky bunch that didn't get Inception the first time. What kind of mongrels are you to not realize the absolute genius that is MGS2? Only a proper fool would have a negative thing to say about this game. If you have any sense you will pick this game up as the review finishes. Gameplay is a blend of shooting, sneaking and putting people in lockers. It's so artiscly crafted that it's kind of weird how smooth the gameplay is. You play as Snake in the first chapter which finishes in like 25 minutes. (when you get good at it though) first time it took me an hour and 30 mins. Russians have hijacked the tanker you are on in an attempt to capture Metal Gear Ray. As snake you can choose to sneak through the game using tranqs and boxes or Rambo style with melee moves and pistols. Music is also nice with great themes capitalizing on tense moments. Visuals are stupendous with real time cutscenes and the whole shebang. Raiden is no different. With an upgraded arsenal to house bombs, snipers, machine the works. It never feels wrong to play as raiden instead of snake. The basic plot in this part is dead cell, a group of terrorists, have hijacked the president and his people and you must go in solo to get him home. 10/10 best game ever made. Expand
  34. May 27, 2012
    This game blew my mind first time i played it. I was still playing the nintendo 64 back then and didn't ever realize they could even make games like this. This blew like any movie or game I ever played out of the water cinematic and story wise back then. A masterpiece of a game.
  35. Apr 29, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was a very interesting game when looking at it. The negative about it, first. The story plot bended and twisted so much, it completely snapped in two! I do not know what a Shadow Moses is and it never explained it! Something to do with Metal Gear Solid, I think. The story just went everywhere and kind of turned me off. Playing as Solid Snake, then asMetal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was a very interesting game when looking at it. The negative about it, first. The story plot bended and twisted so much, it completely snapped in two! I do not know what a Shadow Moses is and it never explained it! Something to do with Metal Gear Solid, I think. The story just went everywhere and kind of turned me off. Playing as Solid Snake, then as Raiden was like playing as Batman, then as Batgirl. Raiden was wimpy and whiny and asks way too many questions. His catchphrase can pretty much be "What?" or "..." Also, why does he need to call everyone over everything! Solid Snake could handle it without calling on the Codec too much, then again he had real training and not virtual reality training. It was well worth it to see Raiden get peed on by a guard or slip in bird poo to his watery grave or get dramatically electrocuted. The bosses were weird, but interesting. This game would be much better as an first-person shooter so you did not have to keep pressing the button. Now, for the positive aspects. I could not put down the game until it was over! The graphics were a great merge into the PlayStation 3 era. The Easter eggs were pretty cool. A great stealth game overall! Expand
  36. Apr 15, 2012
    Sons of Liberty is pretty much what you would expect from an MGS game. The story takes so many twists and turns and is more than a bit ridiculous. The writing and voice acting can go from excellent to decent to laughable all in the same scene. The gameplay is inventive and diverse but a little clunky. With MGS, however, its flaws are just as important to its character as its strengths andSons of Liberty is pretty much what you would expect from an MGS game. The story takes so many twists and turns and is more than a bit ridiculous. The writing and voice acting can go from excellent to decent to laughable all in the same scene. The gameplay is inventive and diverse but a little clunky. With MGS, however, its flaws are just as important to its character as its strengths and the overall product is very entertaining and innovative. Expand
  37. Mar 28, 2012
    This is by far my favorite game of all time! Tight controls, deep meaningful story, so many plot twists it's unbelievable; this is truly a game of the ages. Kojima is a mastermind for crafting such a delicate piece of art. Everything from the controls to the characters is perfect., and yes even though Raiden is annoying, it was very interesting and thought provoking to see Snake from anThis is by far my favorite game of all time! Tight controls, deep meaningful story, so many plot twists it's unbelievable; this is truly a game of the ages. Kojima is a mastermind for crafting such a delicate piece of art. Everything from the controls to the characters is perfect., and yes even though Raiden is annoying, it was very interesting and thought provoking to see Snake from an outside perspective as the mentor. I highly encourage anyone who hasn't played this game to go out and discover the joy that is this game! I give it a perfect 10. Expand
  38. Mar 22, 2012
    Thought provoking, clever plot, and playful with the fourth wall. Not the greatest of the MGS series when it comes to gameplay, but is a definite jump in progress from the Shadow Moses incident. The plot twisting, turning, melting, and remolding will be confuse some, if not most, players - but all the confusion is worthwhile when the multiple climaxes surface themselves near the end. ToThought provoking, clever plot, and playful with the fourth wall. Not the greatest of the MGS series when it comes to gameplay, but is a definite jump in progress from the Shadow Moses incident. The plot twisting, turning, melting, and remolding will be confuse some, if not most, players - but all the confusion is worthwhile when the multiple climaxes surface themselves near the end. To top it off, the social and political commentary in Sons of Liberty is the greatest out of the entire series. Definitely a top PS2 game. Expand
  39. Feb 23, 2012
    great game. good graphics, pretty decent controls, crazy ass story line. one of a kind. memorable characters and great voice acting, if you like mgs 1 i dont see why you wouldnt enjoy this game. yes, the very ending is very strange, i dont understand it, but you gotta play this game, but you dont play as snake the whole game, i think thats why there are some bad reviews. non the less stillgreat game. good graphics, pretty decent controls, crazy ass story line. one of a kind. memorable characters and great voice acting, if you like mgs 1 i dont see why you wouldnt enjoy this game. yes, the very ending is very strange, i dont understand it, but you gotta play this game, but you dont play as snake the whole game, i think thats why there are some bad reviews. non the less still a classic in my opinion 10/10 Expand
  40. Jan 27, 2012
    The game's greatest strength is without a doubt its story. For the first 10+ hours its a contrived, impossible, confusing circus. Then, in the final 5+ hours it all comes together. Looking back, I can safely say that the plot was intelligent, and even moving at times. I don't want to give anything away, but there's one moment late in the game that really moved me, and even depressed meThe game's greatest strength is without a doubt its story. For the first 10+ hours its a contrived, impossible, confusing circus. Then, in the final 5+ hours it all comes together. Looking back, I can safely say that the plot was intelligent, and even moving at times. I don't want to give anything away, but there's one moment late in the game that really moved me, and even depressed me just a little. That's how immersed I was. The gameplay was also very solid (no pun intended), even if the dated controls and camera required a little bit of getting used to. I was initially disappointed with having to play as Raiden for most of the game, but his character grew on me. I also beat Resident Evil 4 a few days before, so it's been a pretty good gaming week for me. Get the Metal Gear Solid HD collection. Expand
  41. Dec 6, 2011
    Everyone who has a negative review on here complains about the dumbest stuff. "O you have to play as Raidan " and that "the cut scenes are too long". Its just the same when people say that movies are too long. Everyone who says this games cut scenes are too long, are the people who didn't get the story of it. This is a amazing game with a great story and lots of different characters. IfEveryone who has a negative review on here complains about the dumbest stuff. "O you have to play as Raidan " and that "the cut scenes are too long". Its just the same when people say that movies are too long. Everyone who says this games cut scenes are too long, are the people who didn't get the story of it. This is a amazing game with a great story and lots of different characters. If you want all action and no brains just go back to your COD already. Expand
  42. Nov 8, 2011
    The most memorable game to date on PS2. Amazing story and snake is and still to this day remains a badass. Great gameplay for a 2001 game, the visual setting still satisfys, not to mention every mission had an unforgettable twist. 10/10
  43. Nov 1, 2011
    This is just another game, not! This is a game for the ages. The story is so well made and planned that it does not bore the audience and gamer at all. It is such a wonderful and addicting game. The boss levels are boss, just kidding, they are very interesting and fun to play through, at times irritating, but that does not pan in its overall rating. It can't even be considered a quirk inThis is just another game, not! This is a game for the ages. The story is so well made and planned that it does not bore the audience and gamer at all. It is such a wonderful and addicting game. The boss levels are boss, just kidding, they are very interesting and fun to play through, at times irritating, but that does not pan in its overall rating. It can't even be considered a quirk in this game. MGS2 is a must get, a classic if I would say. Expand
  44. Jul 24, 2011
    This was a good game and provides yet another gripping instalment into the tactical espionage world of Metal Gear. The story goes even deeper as new characters are introduced as well as some old characters returning. The game play has been significantly improved from metal gear solid to allow more fun for players.
  45. Jun 14, 2011
    This is not just a game. This here is a work of art. Steeped in metaphor, this game seeks to involve you the "gamer" at a deeper level; breaking all known conventions. Put simply there has been nothing like it before or since. It's far too complex for me to go into within the character limit here, but you should check out the sites : metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs2.html andThis is not just a game. This here is a work of art. Steeped in metaphor, this game seeks to involve you the "gamer" at a deeper level; breaking all known conventions. Put simply there has been nothing like it before or since. It's far too complex for me to go into within the character limit here, but you should check out the sites : metagearsolid.org/reports_mgs2.html and deltaheadtranslation.com/MGS2/DOTM_TOC.htm for a greater analysis of the game. Expand
  46. Jun 12, 2011
    The plot becomes appreciated after repeat playthroughs, and the game play kicks ass. I can definitely see why other people would dislike it, but I can't help loving this game.
  47. May 19, 2011
    To this day, I think I have more playthroughs logged in MGS2 than any other game (at one point I had all the dog tags). Unbelievable graphics (at the time), awesome voice acting, great story, great cut scenes, intense action, well thought out levels and bosses, this has to be one of the best games ever made.
  48. Apr 11, 2011
    This really shows the true potential that the PS2 had during his release and is still intact. No other game had me so amazed during the time i had the console and is incredible the graphics were amazing in those years,the original gameplay,the funny parts ,the top nosh story . Lets put it simply this is a truly masterpiece in the Playstation library and it is already a classic. ThisThis really shows the true potential that the PS2 had during his release and is still intact. No other game had me so amazed during the time i had the console and is incredible the graphics were amazing in those years,the original gameplay,the funny parts ,the top nosh story . Lets put it simply this is a truly masterpiece in the Playstation library and it is already a classic. This cant be missed. Expand
  49. Oct 15, 2010
    I kind of feel like people missed the point on this game; it is, unlike most games, far more about what the game does to the player. Simply put, this was a benchmark for player manipulation and interaction for the purpose for telling a story and creating an experience. The story also gets a lot of unfounded criticism; it is a bit wonky at times, but more often than not, its simplyI kind of feel like people missed the point on this game; it is, unlike most games, far more about what the game does to the player. Simply put, this was a benchmark for player manipulation and interaction for the purpose for telling a story and creating an experience. The story also gets a lot of unfounded criticism; it is a bit wonky at times, but more often than not, its simply brilliantly complex. It's the mindscrew that "The Matrix" and "Fight Club" wish they were. Indeed, as maligned as the ending may be, it definitely elicits a stronger emotional reaction than all but a very, very small handful of other games (three of which are in this same series), and it does so in a way that no other game had ever done before, and arguably has since. It is a twist far more complex than "you are the villan" or "it was a dream" or all the tropes that we accept so easily as "twists". It's not perfect, but damnit, it doesn't need to be; it is an artistic achievement, and a brilliant work of post-modenism.

Another Kojima Masterpiece.
  50. Oct 9, 2010
    This game is inferior to its predecessor (which ought to be played on the Gamecube for a revamped graphic: The Twin Snakes) but it's still very enjoyable. Yes, the plot is really corny and borders the ridiculous many times. The dialogues can even be worse, granted. Atmosphere and character design was also better on The Twin Snakes. Still, how can't we be totally overwhelmed by the sheerThis game is inferior to its predecessor (which ought to be played on the Gamecube for a revamped graphic: The Twin Snakes) but it's still very enjoyable. Yes, the plot is really corny and borders the ridiculous many times. The dialogues can even be worse, granted. Atmosphere and character design was also better on The Twin Snakes. Still, how can't we be totally overwhelmed by the sheer excellence of the visuals, audio effects and cinematic? The game is full of those great, little touches that are a trademark of great productions (too many to mention). The control are as bad as in the predecessor but the action is flawless. Technically speaking this game is a real masterpiece and worth the highest rating. But the problems mentioned above drag it down to a 9/10. Expand
  51. Oct 3, 2010
    This is one of the few games I played from start to finish non stop when I got home with it. I can't even imagine doing something like that now but that might be due to age hehe.
  52. Sep 23, 2010
    Metal Gear Solid 2 continues the pedigree of trendsetting, pulse-pounding action from its PlayStation predecessor, updating the graphics and introducing more layers of intrigue, betrayal, politics, and technology to an already complex plot. The result is one of PS2's best games ever.
  53. NickT.
    Nov 21, 2009
    Well.....the game it's self is better. But the plot was boring and confusing. Let me show you. First off, you start the game playing as Solid Snake.......untill you finish the level. Then you find yourself playing as a complete wuss named Raiden.(no, not the guy from Mortal Kombat) As you run around the giant base-island-thing, Raiden finds himself encountering a vampire-like guy, Well.....the game it's self is better. But the plot was boring and confusing. Let me show you. First off, you start the game playing as Solid Snake.......untill you finish the level. Then you find yourself playing as a complete wuss named Raiden.(no, not the guy from Mortal Kombat) As you run around the giant base-island-thing, Raiden finds himself encountering a vampire-like guy, (no body glitter) a lady who (for no explained reason) has her heart on the right side insted of the left, and a fat dude who rides rolarblades. But Raiden finds help along a solider who looks just like SPOILERS.Then it all goes wrong when he gets captured, then a lot of partial nudity, helpful advice from Cambell, and the suprise apperance of SPOILERS later. He fissions the mail and then most confusing plot twist ever occurs. (Raiden, I am your SPOILERS) Then like something out of a sertain movie that has to do with "stars" and "wars", Raiden defeats his SPOILERS and the game ends. Expand
  54. ivanm.
    Nov 15, 2009
    i fail to see what's wrong with this new character Raiden.He's ok with me.I hate to see how many people are bias against him.
  55. andrewh
    Nov 4, 2009
    Great game but so confused wtf is up with ocelot why did he all this when in mgs 4 you relise its for good ffs the ending of mgs 4 ruined the great series so confused
  56. TS
    Sep 16, 2009
    Honestly, this is the best video game I've ever played. Amazing storyline with epic and emotional moments, top-notch gameplay, tons of replayability, and an awesome soundtrack. The best game of all time {along with MGS1, MGS3, and MGS4}.
  57. CarlL
    Jul 13, 2009
    The gameplay is amazing, the plot is a little confusing. But play the next two games, then play MGS2 again and you'll realize why it was like that, they had to set it up for the future games. Look at how many times Raiden says The Sorrow and The Joy together. It's dropping hints like mad!
  58. jonathonc
    Jul 11, 2009
    an inredible game just all out grea.t if you want a stupid story bad gameplay horrible graphics go get spinter cell if you want the opposite get this game you will be blown away
  59. CodyB
    Jul 1, 2009
    The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for The perfect masterpiece of the ps2, yet there are are some people that bitch & moan about how "horrible" THEY THINK the storyline is because either they don't PAY FULL ATTENTION or they're just totally mentally retarded to understand ANYTHING AT ALL. ANYBODY who rates this brilliant masterpiece a low score are inexperienced losers who just TRY to ruin gaming experiences for other gamers because they have no lives of their own. Trust me, I am an true gamer and I know what a true masterpiece is, get this game or be like one of "them". Expand
  60. anthonyL
    May 27, 2009
    A solid sequel that has some memorable moments. MGS2 also has hands down the best theme music ever seen in a game. A great but sometimes hard to follow story, especially for newcomers. A little short in length though, including cutscenes takes about 12 hours on your first go. Much less on subsequent gos with no cutscenes. although not quite as good as MGS1 or its sequels it is still a A solid sequel that has some memorable moments. MGS2 also has hands down the best theme music ever seen in a game. A great but sometimes hard to follow story, especially for newcomers. A little short in length though, including cutscenes takes about 12 hours on your first go. Much less on subsequent gos with no cutscenes. although not quite as good as MGS1 or its sequels it is still a great game, worthy of its name. Expand
  61. Subliminal42
    May 23, 2009
    If you're here to decide on whether to buy this game i urge you, to NOT look at these comments, most of them are garbage. Metal Gear Solid 2 is UNDOUBTEDLY an improvement on Metal Gear Solid 1, it is a very story driven game, combining a conspiracy/sci-fi esque story with the players first chance to 'step back' and take a look at the metal gear series, find out who snake If you're here to decide on whether to buy this game i urge you, to NOT look at these comments, most of them are garbage. Metal Gear Solid 2 is UNDOUBTEDLY an improvement on Metal Gear Solid 1, it is a very story driven game, combining a conspiracy/sci-fi esque story with the players first chance to 'step back' and take a look at the metal gear series, find out who snake really is, what drives him. This is reason enough to play as raiden. Oh, and raiden has NO difference in gameplay style, he has the exact same moves as snake, and even more! For someone who is a fan of the series this is a must buy. if you disagree with Kojima's choice to integrate raiden into the story then I think you cant really call yourself a fan of the series. Raiden is here, and hes not leaving anytime soon. Expand
  62. ToneSR
    Dec 19, 2008
    I bought this game the day it came out but I can't remember when since it was so long ago. I was still popping pimples and watching Nickolodean back then. I am a huge fan of the original on PSX. MGS2 doesn't live up to the original but that's a hard ass feat to meet. I think we were all enamored with the innovative graphics and gameplay back when MGS for PSX debuted. The I bought this game the day it came out but I can't remember when since it was so long ago. I was still popping pimples and watching Nickolodean back then. I am a huge fan of the original on PSX. MGS2 doesn't live up to the original but that's a hard ass feat to meet. I think we were all enamored with the innovative graphics and gameplay back when MGS for PSX debuted. The initial frustation with MGS2 occured about 1 hour into gameplay when I realized I would be playing with Raiden. All this waiting and we have to play with an effeminate blonde haired dude? Once you get past that and see the game for what it really is you'll learn to enjoy it. At the time, the graphics were groundbreaking and the story is constructed very solidly. Warp yourself back to this game's heydey, enjoy its storyline and you'll experience one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever created! Expand
  63. MGSForever
    Aug 10, 2008
    This game is what i consider sheer perfection. True its storyline can become convoluted at sometimes, but if you ignore that then get ready to be immersed in one of the best games money can buy. I swear, this game changed my stance on video games.
  64. AnonymousMC
    Jul 15, 2008
    Everithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of theEverithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of the Jonas Brothers in the middle of a covert operation." Can you imagine how that would be??? Expand
  65. JonathanL.
    Jul 9, 2008
    One of the most stellar games of all time. The Metal Gear Solid series is the first action game to really integrate a deep and intricate plot. The graphics and audio of MGS2 were revolutionary for their time and the characters were intriguing while the gameplay was enjoyable. One of the best games on any console.
  66. Ryguy98Mgs4fan
    Feb 6, 2008
    I give it a 10 because there was a lot of freakin good graphics and the characters were different abillited people who has different personalities too! I hope metal gear will keep going until mgs6 ends. That's why i chose 10 for my ratings. Oh yeah also the first person view Is cool with the aiming on the aimsight.
  67. LiamG.
    Dec 24, 2007
    Best game I ever played, PERIOD!!! A story that introduces conspiracy theories that are completely plausible and that could explain things in real life (if the theory was true).The level of interactivity is incredible...scaring guards, catching colds, even making bags of flour start leaking when you shoot at them! The level of detail is astounding. My only reproach is the fact that you Best game I ever played, PERIOD!!! A story that introduces conspiracy theories that are completely plausible and that could explain things in real life (if the theory was true).The level of interactivity is incredible...scaring guards, catching colds, even making bags of flour start leaking when you shoot at them! The level of detail is astounding. My only reproach is the fact that you are forced to use a secondary caracter for more than half the game. Otherwise, a completely flawless game. Expand
  68. AbrahamD.
    Dec 4, 2007
    A great sequel.
  69. IsaacM.
    Nov 19, 2007
    Great game!! Raiden is the most painfully annoying character ever especially obvious when put next to the coolest character ever (Solid Snake) I just wanted to reach into the TV screen and throttle him!! Apart from Raiden though you can't fault this game except perhaps I would have liked the kind of innovation you saw with the original Metal Gear Solid (think Psycho Mantis - oh what Great game!! Raiden is the most painfully annoying character ever especially obvious when put next to the coolest character ever (Solid Snake) I just wanted to reach into the TV screen and throttle him!! Apart from Raiden though you can't fault this game except perhaps I would have liked the kind of innovation you saw with the original Metal Gear Solid (think Psycho Mantis - oh what fun he was) but a thoroughly worthy sequel. Expand
  70. Nick
    Aug 5, 2007
    I like reading comments on MGS2. It's fun to compare the complete idiots and people who actually have a brain. "The game sucks! I'm too stupid to understand the story!" "You play as Raiden instead of Snake, now I can't have gay fantasies while I play! Worst game ever." "The gameplay is lame! I can't run around with a bazooka wtf!??? I wanna blow up everyone!!!!" If you I like reading comments on MGS2. It's fun to compare the complete idiots and people who actually have a brain. "The game sucks! I'm too stupid to understand the story!" "You play as Raiden instead of Snake, now I can't have gay fantasies while I play! Worst game ever." "The gameplay is lame! I can't run around with a bazooka wtf!??? I wanna blow up everyone!!!!" If you can't appreciate great graphics, incredible music, a storyline on par with movies and stealthy gameplay perhaps GTA is more your kind of game. As it is, Metal Gear Solid 2 will always be remembered and cherished by those who want depth in their games. Expand
  71. AlexB.
    Jul 1, 2007
    A truly brilliant game. Hideo Kojima is an exceptional artist, and via technical wizardry brings to life an exciting, complex, and interesting story, rife with plot twists and unique characters. The controls may take a short learning curve, but they eventually become second nature and any obtuseness just adds to the difficulty factor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. As many A truly brilliant game. Hideo Kojima is an exceptional artist, and via technical wizardry brings to life an exciting, complex, and interesting story, rife with plot twists and unique characters. The controls may take a short learning curve, but they eventually become second nature and any obtuseness just adds to the difficulty factor that keeps you on the edge of your seat. As many reviews note, if you're a fan of videogames and own a PS2, there is no reason not to play this game. Expand
  72. CameronC.
    Apr 20, 2007
    This game is crazy. The story keeps changing. Just when you think you have it sussed they throw you back into the deep end. Nice graphics too.
  73. DavidK.
    Mar 29, 2007
    This is an amazing game. Raiden does not make this game worse. He makes it better.
  74. JohnB.
    Mar 27, 2007
    This game was GREAT but some of the story line just sucks.
  75. JoryG.
    Jan 19, 2007
    Metal Gear Solid had an exceptional story and revolutionary gameplay. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater makes some bold steps in terms of dramatic and depressing storytelling. But MGS2: Sons of Liberty is, I think, the most successful of the three because, exactly as Kojima and his pals intended, it screws with the player to the extent that most gamers hate it. I agree that Raiden and Rose Metal Gear Solid had an exceptional story and revolutionary gameplay. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater makes some bold steps in terms of dramatic and depressing storytelling. But MGS2: Sons of Liberty is, I think, the most successful of the three because, exactly as Kojima and his pals intended, it screws with the player to the extent that most gamers hate it. I agree that Raiden and Rose weren't exactly the most interesting bunch to listen to, but in the end of the game this terrible weakness becomes a shocking strength: Rose's inane, melodramatic banter has all been a petty construction- or has it? This, I think, is the most effective element of MGS2: By the time the game is over, the savvy player will be able to take a moment to just stop and think, and unravel the story and its themes. Yes, by the end Rose is apparently carring Raiden's child and Snake appears in the street before Raiden, but he doesn't clarify a freaking thing! More and more sheets just get pulled over the player's head as the game's theme becomes the game itself. It hasn't been done again since. Expand
  76. AndrewC.
    Jan 10, 2007
    I had doubts as to how good this game would really be. Then I played it. And played it. And played it. The story is intense and deep (don't think that everything is as it seems...) and the gameplay is immersive and wonderful. MGS2 is also the least violent of all MGS games, as there is only one excessively bloody scene that comes to mind (the first scene with Vamp early on) andI had doubts as to how good this game would really be. Then I played it. And played it. And played it. The story is intense and deep (don't think that everything is as it seems...) and the gameplay is immersive and wonderful. MGS2 is also the least violent of all MGS games, as there is only one excessively bloody scene that comes to mind (the first scene with Vamp early on) and minimal gore, if any. Do yourself a big favor: if you own a PS2, get this game. It'll only run you $5 or so. Expand
  77. ChrisZ.
    Jan 1, 2007
    Metal Gear's story line stands out as the top daddy in video games next to Warcraft.
  78. KermitB.
    Dec 15, 2006
    This is one of the greatest games of all time. There is more action in this game than most games.
  79. AdamskaE.
    Oct 29, 2006
    One of the greatest. Superb game play. Excellent graphics. Amazing soundtrack. Genius story.
  80. FredB.
    Oct 16, 2006
    One of my all-time favorite games ever. The only reason I think it's not a 10 is because there wasn't enough of snake, but besides that the game rocks.
  81. BastardCerature
    Oct 8, 2006
    Erm, this is a pretty neccesary part in the MGS story line? You like Solid Snake? Play this damn game, because, well, you can play as him for a while, and he is in most of it! And we all know you cannot find Solid Snake anywhere else...other than some kind of Metal Gear game, which, there ins't many of, so, yeah, play this game, dumbass.

I mean, MGS is not a sitcom, its would be

I mean, MGS is not a sitcom, its would be like refusing to watch one episode of "Three's Company", thats okay, there is a billion of them, but saying you hate this game, and are not going to play it, is like saying "Well damn, I don't think I'll watch Empire Strikes Back "BECUZ IT OMGZZ GHEY!!!11", oh, hey, waht the hell happened here? Where is han solo? Why are the robots in a desert? WTF?"
  82. SeanS.
    Jul 13, 2006
    The game is perfect, controls, gameplay and cinema. Most people give up on the story line. The story is what pushes the game along. Some say absurd and pure nonsense, but thats the point of video games, indulge in a world of fantasy...well told fantasy.
  83. BenM.
    Jun 27, 2006
    Best. game. ever.
  84. CharlieG.
    Jun 6, 2006
    Sure, the storyline sucked (a lot) and was very hard to follow, but everything else is nothing short of spectacular.
  85. BigB0SS
    Feb 11, 2006
    Sons of Liberty is a great game. I think this game didn't do so hot (although it sold many copies) with fans because of the whole Raiden character and the unusual ending plot. However, I look at this game as being a masterpiece. The graphics at the time were outstanding - the best you could find on a console at that time. The extra playability functions (ex. shooting in first person, Sons of Liberty is a great game. I think this game didn't do so hot (although it sold many copies) with fans because of the whole Raiden character and the unusual ending plot. However, I look at this game as being a masterpiece. The graphics at the time were outstanding - the best you could find on a console at that time. The extra playability functions (ex. shooting in first person, hanging from ledges) really added a lot to the gameplay. The music - which was done by Harry Gregson really added to the game experience. I look at the plot as being one of those unique "Sundance" or "IFC" movie plots - strange but artistic. I also know that there are secret societies that exist in reality (however, not to the extent of the Patriots). But from a fictional stand point, it's very buyable. Great game... if you haven't played it, go rent or buy the Substance version. Expand
  86. TonyD.
    Jan 31, 2006
    still probably the best game ive palyed even though one of my first PS2 games. Top draw.
  87. SnakeTails
    Nov 24, 2005
    Man,people need to wake up and smell the gun powder! this game rocks. because of the great grafics and amasing AI you get lost in a trance... any way I gave it a 10 because I pay attenton to the story line. oh and for you nerds out thare you can play as snake in the plant...over and out!!...
  88. Joe
    Oct 6, 2005
    A truly epic and unforgetable game.
  89. EhabA.
    Sep 13, 2005
    Metal Gear games will always be the best and Metal Gear Solid 2 is also so cool even if Raiden took Snakes place but with Snake off course the gameplay will be even better.
  90. BenD.
    Jul 26, 2005
    The low point of the MGS trilogy, a high point in video games in general.
  91. JakeP.
    May 30, 2005
    This is one of my favorite games of all time. I am usually a picky reviewer, but this game is so amazing. The game is great, and you MUST watch the cutscenes. They are so freaking amazing. This game MUST become a movie. I'm telling you now to buy this game.
  92. CozoniW.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Who cares about the plot, its the gameplay that matters.
  93. MarkH.
    Nov 9, 2004
    I'm totally late on this one. whatevs. Metal Gear Solid 2, along with it's predecessor and hopefully it's successor, belong among the best games of all time. This game is beautiful, challenges the player's expectations, provides a story that is deep and challenging (to a fault at the ending,) but incredibly involving and epic, with a strong message. Metal Gear Solid 2 I'm totally late on this one. whatevs. Metal Gear Solid 2, along with it's predecessor and hopefully it's successor, belong among the best games of all time. This game is beautiful, challenges the player's expectations, provides a story that is deep and challenging (to a fault at the ending,) but incredibly involving and epic, with a strong message. Metal Gear Solid 2 is the true realization of the video game as an art form. Anybody who has ever picked up a dual shock controller absolutely needs to play this game. Expand
  94. Raidensolid
    Oct 21, 2004
    I thought it was the best metal gear they have came out with in that year. actualy it is wut inspired me to be a game desinger. i hope there is more to come in the metal gear saga.
  95. Chopin
    Jul 17, 2004
    The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea The best action game ever made, and takes my pick as the second best game ever made behind Final Fantasy IX(their totally different, I know, but I have a wide range of tastes). I played this one before the first one, and came into it really biased, as I had only watched someone play the first one and thought it was stupid(I was wrong of course-the first one is great too). I had no idea how good the plot was, by looking at the back of the box I thought it was just infiltrating an oil tanker and the head boss would be like the captain or something silly......that was the worst judgement I ever made, as this games final cutscenes before the last battle are so epic, and you find out so much, everything is so cool! The biggest draw is having to play as Raiden, it would of worked if you were Snake the full game, he has similar objectives, with different boss battles and stuff. Although you wouldn't get to fight Fatman, who was the most fun boss fight and maybe the hardest. Another draw is Solidus is WAY to easy, at least on normal difficulty, after the 3 Metal Gears he seemed to easy and I only had to use one ration. The sneaking is genius, the scenes spectacular, the voice acting perfect, and the plot so good I almost think its true. Also the music is perfect, although there are only about 6 different tracks. The best scene is Snake and Otacon's handshake, one of the best moments in gaming. Genius. Buy it now, if you havent already. Expand
  96. SteveW.
    Jun 14, 2004
    This Game Is Awsome Its Hard To Note Something That Hasnt Already Been Said But My Fave Part Is The Protect E.E Pipe Bit Or As I Call It... Not So Clay Pigeon Shooting Hehe Quality Game!
  97. Jeffbighead
    Jun 10, 2004
    This game was great. The story will keep you craving for more, with the plot twists and the extreme dramatic scenes, this could be one of the most pollitically incorrect games in the gaming market today. I have played this game after playing the remake of the first one so none of the gameplay elements besides the new weapons have surprized me. I liked the first one a lot more because it This game was great. The story will keep you craving for more, with the plot twists and the extreme dramatic scenes, this could be one of the most pollitically incorrect games in the gaming market today. I have played this game after playing the remake of the first one so none of the gameplay elements besides the new weapons have surprized me. I liked the first one a lot more because it didn't leave me hanging like this one did, and I didn't have to watch some girls die just to save their children. I also liked the first one more because they didn't introduce all the patriot stuff and mess up all the government crap like they did in this one. Plus I was looking forward to seeing solid Snake kick some ass again! But instead we were left with Raiden and his dumbass girlfriend. Expand
  98. KelcieB.
    Apr 7, 2004
    If you have not played this game u need to.
  99. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Greatest game ever. The story rules and I can't wait for MGS3: Snake Eater!!!
  100. JustinM.
    Mar 15, 2004
    Greatest game ever. The story rules and I can't wait for MGS3: Snake Eater!!!

1. The environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.
  2. As stunning and enjoyable as ever. You may feel foolish gripping the controller throughout a 40-minute cut scene, but MGS2 is something which must be experienced.
    MGS2 suffers in its story. I can't spoil it for you, but I can at least warn you to be prepared for a plot that frequently reaches levels of sheer absurdity.