8.7

1. DanEues
    Jan 10, 2002
    I agree with ACONE, the new guy looks kinda gay but im not going to give it a freakin 5. The game doesnt deserve a 10 either. The guys you call on the codec dont help a bit so your kinda forced to go wandering around. Other than that the game is good. I give it an honest 8.
  2. JohnP.
    Nov 2, 2002
    Great.
  3. GupinderK.
    Oct 7, 2002
    Overall i give this game a 9 out of ten.. i was well scripted gameplay, graphic storyline etc. highly recommended.
  4. AlexanderJ.
    Feb 12, 2002
    Very nice game.
  5. SolidSnake
    Feb 21, 2002
    This game is way better than the first, but raiden sucks.
  6. ChrisJ.
    Feb 5, 2002
    I love the game itself. The plot does lend itself to a few obsurdities though. Also if there wasn't 30 minutes of video to every 15 minutes of play I would have enjoyed it more. It was hard to get into it b/c of the lack of playing time.
  7. DanS.
    Mar 20, 2002
    A truly amazing game graphics and gameplay is outstanding but the only thing that made me give it an 8 is the fact ur not snake for most of the game, and I don't feal the same about MGS2 than i do about MGS, and its very short but still a game worth getting.
  8. TimH.
    Mar 23, 2002
    I loved the first game: Metal Gear Solid! But Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty is better but a hell lot worse later on! The Tanker is great and real cool but the rest sucks! "Metal Gear Raiden 2" and the worst ending ever in a video game! I hope if they make a third game, that you won't play as any other characters than Solid Snake and that they create a better ending instead of I loved the first game: Metal Gear Solid! But Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons Of Liberty is better but a hell lot worse later on! The Tanker is great and real cool but the rest sucks! "Metal Gear Raiden 2" and the worst ending ever in a video game! I hope if they make a third game, that you won't play as any other characters than Solid Snake and that they create a better ending instead of this crap! Hideo just wanted to be fired and get his retire money! I hope the other director is a hell of a lot more smarter then Hideo! Expand
  9. KenW.
    Mar 27, 2002
    The gameplay and graphics are fantastic, but the story is simply too confusing and doesn't make a lot of sense. Raiden (the new main charcter) didn't bother me at all.
  10. DaveE.
    Apr 11, 2002
    As has already been said, the graphics are incredible and the controls and the level of interaction with the environments are unprecedented. But unlike MGS for the PSX, the story line in this title ranges from interesting at the start to an insanely overblown comic book-style tale. MGS2's predessessor had a mostly believable story and more character developement. Now, if only we As has already been said, the graphics are incredible and the controls and the level of interaction with the environments are unprecedented. But unlike MGS for the PSX, the story line in this title ranges from interesting at the start to an insanely overblown comic book-style tale. MGS2's predessessor had a mostly believable story and more character developement. Now, if only we could have the characters and story line of MGS combined with the graphics and gameplay of MGS2... Expand
  11. MikeH.
    May 13, 2002
    Ok, the graphics, sounds, etc is great. But maaaaan, those movies take up freaking lots of time. Just when u think the action starts, yet another movies begins...... Also i find the control pretty hard, but that's maybe because i'm used to playing games on a pc (with keyboard).
  12. SeanR.
    May 24, 2002
    The gameplay and graphics are superb but does anyone else find it has too many video sequences and there is too much contact through the radio. Also his girlfriend is a soppy pain in the ass!!!!
  13. BobC.
    Jul 9, 2002
    The plot is really bad but the gameplay makes up for it. This is one of the best video games I have ever played next to Dragonball GT Grand Champions.
  14. Hitomi
    Aug 2, 2002
    The game on european extreme mode is great but i am disappointed about the lack of solid snake and raiden lookes like a girl. the only thing i wish was different is that you could get a metal gear ray free with the game. lol!!!(laugh out loud)
  15. Bobbie
    Oct 26, 2003
    It was pretty good but some things could be better.
  16. MarkL.
    Feb 13, 2003
    Metal gear is amazing should keep em coming.
  17. ChadR.
    Apr 16, 2003
    Good game but needs a new aproech to the game play.
  18. YouL.
    Apr 7, 2003
    I think this game should have more weapons. No cupbroad plz, may be other interesting thing to fool the soldiers.
  19. FernandoC.
    Jan 26, 2004
    Que excelente juego... aunque a mi parecer demasiado tiempo en videos.... pero no importa... vale la pena! el juego es excelente sin dudarlo Recomendado.
  20. CozoniW.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Who cares about the plot, its the gameplay that matters.
  21. EhabA.
    Sep 13, 2005
    Metal Gear games will always be the best and Metal Gear Solid 2 is also so cool even if Raiden took Snakes place but with Snake off course the gameplay will be even better.
  22. FredB.
    Oct 16, 2006
    One of my all-time favorite games ever. The only reason I think it's not a 10 is because there wasn't enough of snake, but besides that the game rocks.
  23. DavidK.
    Mar 29, 2007
    This is an amazing game. Raiden does not make this game worse. He makes it better.
  24. ToneSR
    Dec 19, 2008
    I bought this game the day it came out but I can't remember when since it was so long ago. I was still popping pimples and watching Nickolodean back then. I am a huge fan of the original on PSX. MGS2 doesn't live up to the original but that's a hard ass feat to meet. I think we were all enamored with the innovative graphics and gameplay back when MGS for PSX debuted. The I bought this game the day it came out but I can't remember when since it was so long ago. I was still popping pimples and watching Nickolodean back then. I am a huge fan of the original on PSX. MGS2 doesn't live up to the original but that's a hard ass feat to meet. I think we were all enamored with the innovative graphics and gameplay back when MGS for PSX debuted. The initial frustation with MGS2 occured about 1 hour into gameplay when I realized I would be playing with Raiden. All this waiting and we have to play with an effeminate blonde haired dude? Once you get past that and see the game for what it really is you'll learn to enjoy it. At the time, the graphics were groundbreaking and the story is constructed very solidly. Warp yourself back to this game's heydey, enjoy its storyline and you'll experience one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences ever created! Expand
  25. R
    Mar 9, 2008
    Gameplay is pretty good but it is definitely spoiled by the stupid storyline and the boring chatting spread all over the game.
  26. AndyV
    Jun 4, 2008
    A must play game that unfortunately has too many flaws to call it a classic: -It in no way has the same impact the original had on gaming. The original was pretty much the first cinematic game ever, with a movie like presentation. The story and characters were more believable and more intricate/refined than the ott characters of mgs2. Moreover, the set pieces were more memorable and the A must play game that unfortunately has too many flaws to call it a classic: -It in no way has the same impact the original had on gaming. The original was pretty much the first cinematic game ever, with a movie like presentation. The story and characters were more believable and more intricate/refined than the ott characters of mgs2. Moreover, the set pieces were more memorable and the bulk of the gameplay was more fun in the original mgs. -In terms of design the game is quite flawed; The game breaks down once you're spotted as aiming with a gun from cover is a mess (see towards the end of the tanker scene where you are forced to take on guards in a corridor). After an amazing first chapter, the second chapter is tedious at best - you spend the first hour watching codec conversations then the next 2 hours freezing c4 bombs in a very repetitive environment. MGS1 had its flaws such as the ridiculous staircase scene being chased by guards that are out of sight or the stupid 3 temperature card key mission but with 4 years and the new ps2 tech theres no excuse not to learn lessons and fix simple design issues like this. -As mentioned the characters don't compare to Sniper wolf, Revolver Ocelot (god damn that stupid arm and liquid ocelot...) or Psycho Mantis. Raiden is possibly the second most annoying character in a game behind the announcer in fuzion frenzy 2 - hes such a week pathetic pussy. Lets just hope konami and kojimas team have played some western games in the last few years and that mgs4 has corrected all the gameplay/design flaws of the previous games. Expand
  27. AnonymousMC
    Jul 15, 2008
    Everithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of theEverithing is great, except for that new guy.Raiden basically is a damn n00b, he doesn't assimilate things, it's all the time "how?" "why?" "what?".Seriously, if FOXHOUND was real, i would ask myself 5000 times : "How the hell that guy entered FOXHOUND?His brain must be of the size of a peanut, and that f***ing gay hair of his...I mean, no offense, but he look like one of the Jonas Brothers in the middle of a covert operation." Can you imagine how that would be??? Expand
  28. andrewh
    Nov 4, 2009
    Great game but so confused wtf is up with ocelot why did he all this when in mgs 4 you relise its for good ffs the ending of mgs 4 ruined the great series so confused
  29. TimC.
    Dec 17, 2001
    This is a great game for a beginner, but anyone who played the first Metal Gear shouldn't have any trouble with this game. The codec tranmissions and the cutscenes are extremely too long and take the excitement away from playing the game.
  30. ThomasL.
    Feb 24, 2002
    Man, it's just the best game ever made on earth!!!!

#1 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2001
#3 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2001

1. The environments are amazing, when on the deck of the tank the rain effects are extremely lifelike, along with rain drops hitting the ship and characters.
  2. As stunning and enjoyable as ever. You may feel foolish gripping the controller throughout a 40-minute cut scene, but MGS2 is something which must be experienced.
    MGS2 suffers in its story. I can't spoil it for you, but I can at least warn you to be prepared for a plot that frequently reaches levels of sheer absurdity.