• Publisher: Konami
  • Release Date: Nov 17, 2004
  • Also On: 3DS
9.3

1. May 27, 2012
    Game is one of the best games I've ever played! One of the best cinematic games as well! Masterpiece game! Better than a lot of movies!
  2. May 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hideo kojima and his team guys can make miracles.I do not have to say anything more. But i need to write one hundred and fifty characters. i think my score can describe it. Expand
  3. Apr 11, 2011
    Basically this one is totally different from the other MGS games is focused more in the survivalist way rather than an a urban zone. This installment is set on the jungle and the main protagonist is Big Boss (the original Snake or Naked Snake). I loved the game and is very entertaining the story ,the gameplay etc. You made it again Hideo Kojima
  4. May 4, 2015
    The boss: "Today's enemy could be tomorrows hero".

When I reviewed sons of liberty, I called it the best game play and the best game ever made, until I played this game that I thought to myself; this is way better. The characters are remediable and there are so many villains in this game and there have they time to shine. Solid snake is a freaking bad-ass in this game, showing no
    The boss: "Today's enemy could be tomorrows hero".

The characters are remediable and there are so many villains in this game and there have they time to shine. Solid snake is a freaking bad-ass in this game, showing no pain but much awesomeness.
  5. Apr 20, 2012
    Smart, imaginative and exciting, Snake Eater surpasses MGS2 in almost every way. The game looks great, the environments are a nice change, the survival mechanics are implemented well and the cast of villains is among the best in any video game. The controls are also improved but still feel clunky and stiff. The story is entertaining but not as engaging as previous games in the series.Smart, imaginative and exciting, Snake Eater surpasses MGS2 in almost every way. The game looks great, the environments are a nice change, the survival mechanics are implemented well and the cast of villains is among the best in any video game. The controls are also improved but still feel clunky and stiff. The story is entertaining but not as engaging as previous games in the series. Special appreciation has to go to the spectacular boss fights. Each one is brimming with creativity and will change how you view this old video game staple. Expand
  6. Jun 15, 2013
    metal gear solid 3 is the best one in the series gameplay became the best in this one there is no radar which is better and made you think of how to play and continue in the game i loved the camouflage and healing system in the game the graphics are amazing and let me tell you that this game has the best ending i've ever seen so far the best story i've ever seen
  7. Jul 18, 2014
    This is the best game in the series in my opinion. The game play has been perfected, its paced beautifuly, it has one of the greatest story lines ever told and it s still fun to play today. Some of the most most memorable moments in games are found her, thanks to some awesome boss fights and great cut scenes. In my opinion this is a masterpiece and pretty well perfect game.
  8. Jul 18, 2012
    MGS3 has my favorite storyline of any game ive ever played. I have never felt such a connecting to a story before. Kojima truly is amazing director and writer. This game has it all. Great characters, music, story, gameplay and boss fights.
  9. Sep 7, 2012
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of the best games ever made. The story is a prequel and follows Big Boss instead of the traditional main MGS character Solid Snake. Needless to say it has one of the deepest stories of any of the MGS games. Graphics and visuals were/are some of the best on the PS2. Voice acting is amazing. Sounds of the jungles and environment are great. Gameplay isMetal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is one of the best games ever made. The story is a prequel and follows Big Boss instead of the traditional main MGS character Solid Snake. Needless to say it has one of the deepest stories of any of the MGS games. Graphics and visuals were/are some of the best on the PS2. Voice acting is amazing. Sounds of the jungles and environment are great. Gameplay is incredibly fun and the game is addictive with tons of replay value wether be on a more challenging difficulty or that extra run to try to beat the game with complete stealth. Characters are great and very interesting. Nothing bad to say about this one. MGS3 will go down as one of the greatest video games in history and an absolute masterpiece by the mastermind Hideo Kojima. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2014
    An amazing game. This game explores the story of Big Boss, how is that not awesome. The gameplay is thrilling, the story is great, the soundtrack is great (Snake Eater!) and the characters are awesomely memorable probably some of the best of any game. The beginning is a little slow though. I highly recommend this game to anyone.
  11. Aug 26, 2012
    This game is one of the greatest games ever made. I won't spoil the ending but it is one of the greatest endings to any game ever. The bosses are all very different from one another, while some have you running and gunning tactics, some require a stealth approach, hand to hand combat, or even your typical boss with a simple tactic to beating him. Some bosses even have unique ways to fightThis game is one of the greatest games ever made. I won't spoil the ending but it is one of the greatest endings to any game ever. The bosses are all very different from one another, while some have you running and gunning tactics, some require a stealth approach, hand to hand combat, or even your typical boss with a simple tactic to beating him. Some bosses even have unique ways to fight them such as food poisoning for example. The stealth game play is great. The camera stays behind you so you can actually see in front of you. Hunting for food is rewarding, and figuring out what food is best and how to use the jungle to your advantage is it's own reward. You can throw snakes at guards or even carefully toss them in a river or place them in front of a trap. Expand
  12. Jun 13, 2011
    It's exceeded by its enhancement, Subsistence. But that doesn't take away from the fun I had before it. Pros: Excellent graphics and sound; greatly told, involving storyline; charismatic characters; variety of moves and weapons. Cons: Dated camera system and poor control; too much dialogue may turn off certain gamers.
  13. Feb 24, 2012
    This is the best game i have ever played. It is definitely the best game in the metal gear series. Kojima could had made this his only game and would still appeal as the best game director.Snake Eater has the greatest story in a game I've ever played.The boss battles are the most memorable of any game. This is truly a Masterpiece.
  14. Jul 4, 2012
    This is definitely one of the best games ever created and it's my personal favorite Metal Gear Solid game. As most MGS fans know, each game in the series is unique, but none really compare to the brilliance that is Snake Eater. The gameplay at first glance may seem complex, but it's really easy to get used to and is easily modified to best fit your personal preference. The camera controlsThis is definitely one of the best games ever created and it's my personal favorite Metal Gear Solid game. As most MGS fans know, each game in the series is unique, but none really compare to the brilliance that is Snake Eater. The gameplay at first glance may seem complex, but it's really easy to get used to and is easily modified to best fit your personal preference. The camera controls are wonderful and the visuals and style are incomparable to any other game out there. A lot of it is cheesy and may be ridiculed if seen in a film, but there's this sort of depth to the characters and story, plus many twists and turns that are impossible to predict and wonderful attention to detail that it easily can be considered one of the best video games in existence. It's literally the only game out there where I don't find the constant percentages and various statistics regarding Naked Snake's survival annoying. Going to the 'start menu' is actually fun. Healing Snake's wounds and changing camo to hide better in different areas never really feels like a chore and the parts where you get stuck always take some thought (it's not a game that you just mindlessly dawdle your way through). This is definitely a game worth any true gamer's time. Expand
  15. Jul 24, 2011
    This game was brilliant and story wise is one of my favourite in the series. In this game players can watch past events as they shape the future of the series. For example players will be taking control of a new character and will watch the rise of Big Boss and how he became the legend. The game play is also greatly improved making it much more flexible and gives players more variety asThis game was brilliant and story wise is one of my favourite in the series. In this game players can watch past events as they shape the future of the series. For example players will be taking control of a new character and will watch the rise of Big Boss and how he became the legend. The game play is also greatly improved making it much more flexible and gives players more variety as they can carry a set of equipment and weapons of their own chossing. Expand
  16. Jun 9, 2012
    Not as good as MGS2, but a VERY close contender! As a longtime fan of the series, this is my second favorite entry if not tied with MGS2 in some aspects. I don't know what else to say aside from the fact that it's simply an amazing work of art. Yup, that's right, it's so good it's a work of art! Same with 1 and 2! I love Metal Gear!!
  17. Nov 2, 2014
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Game-play:Stealth is the base of the game play in this game but if you want you can go full in action the shooting and the movement are realistic also all the items are useful. Story:The story of this game is excellent the best story i have ever played and one of the best endings ever.It will take you about 16 to 18 hours. Graphics:The graphics are
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

Graphics:The graphics are also excellent it is better than some games on the ps3 and xbox360.

Notes:Some of the best written characters ever,also i loved the weapons and gadgets,This is a legendary game buy at full price.
  18. Jun 23, 2012
    The mechanics may make the end game stumble a little bit, but the humor, story, character, and amazing world that Mr. Kojima has created is stunning, wonderful, and absolutely astoundingly incredible. One of the best games of all time in a series that stands as the culmination of phenomenal storytelling and incredibly unique mechanics. A classic.
  19. Mar 19, 2015
    This game has been remade on many platforms, so don't think my review is exclusive to PS2. Honestly if you can learn the controls (Which in my opinion are awesome but many disagree) I think the 3DS version might be the best one. That being said, wow.

Kojima has never come this close to glory again. True, untainted glory. The story is involving, exciting, mysterious and tragic. The gameplay is incredibly solid, giving the rush of danger like no other and putting the player in Naked Snake's shoes with hardcore hunger and medical systems.

The cutscenes, while long are this time engaging, and feel like a James Bond movie. The first few go a little long, but I was never waiting for them to end. Grab some popcorn when you play the first chapter, but don't think of that as a bad thing. MGS cutscens ARE long, you can go up to an hour or so without any real gameplay in these games and that's okay when it's done right, like it is here. I got emotional to the end of this game, and I first played it on the tiny little 3ds. Buy Snake Eater.It's the first Metal Gear Solid game canonically (despite the 3 in the title), the best place for newbies to start and spends the least amount of time wasting your playtime with forced exposition and redundant dialogue. There's a lot to be seen here, especially on a second play through and if you can make it past the rather masochistic torture scenes you'll find an ACTUAL mature game that earns its money.
  20. Oct 13, 2013
    Metal Gear Solid 3 was originally in development for the upcoming PS3, However the gap between game and console release was long enough for Hideo Kojima to push the PS2 to it's limit and release MGS3 November 2004.

Everybody in development pretty much agreed it would be set in the jungle, The wonderful and horrifying idea of creating a prequel set in the 1964 Cold War meant the gadget laden nature and philosophy of Metal Gear could threaten the previous installments of the series but also fall flat, Kojima planned to leave Metal Gear after MGS2 as he felt it was left open ended enough for others to develop, regardless he has continued to helm the series even to this day and made the smartest direction possible for a prequel, A James Bond Homage.

Finally revealing the series origins The Virtuous Mission begins in 1964, CIA Operative Naked Snake (David Hayter) is sent by Major Tom a former British Special Air Service member to retrieve defective Russian scientist Sokolov who is developing a nuclear equipped tank "The Shagohod", during the mission Snake is contacted by his former mentor The Boss, The relationship between her and Snake seems to go beyond that of a teacher and student but not that of a pair of lovers as Snake later addresses. She simply is a remarkable soldier with many accomplishments.

After confronting a young Revolver Ocelot, the mission goes haywire once The Boss reveals to Snake she is defecting to the Soviet Union and gives her new benefactor Col. Volgin two "Davy Crockett" Nuclear warheads, with the help of her former comrades "The Cobra unit" they re-take Sokolov she breaks her former students arm and throws him off a bridge. whilst leaving via helicopter Volgin then unexpectedly fires a nuke to cover up the Scientists theft subsequently blaming The Boss for the attack.

After the very impressive cascading titular opening sung by Cynthia Harrell, The Snake Eater mission begins, Snake must make contact with the agents ADAM and EVA, rescue Sokolov destroy the Shagohod
    and kill his former mentor the Boss.

What begins is pretty much the best spy game ever made, tracking through the harsh jungle environment Snake has to procure resources from the flora and fauna, mend cuts and broken bones all the way to the Russian stronghold. along the way stealth is handled by various disguises and face make up best situated to the area through easily navigated menu's.

Though the dialogue can seem off in some area's each character is weirdly wonderful, motivation and ideologies are unfortunately shared only between the 5-6 main characters and the villians ambushes though not fleshed out entirely well offer something interesting in terms of their theming,The Cobra Unit is made up of The Boss (The Joy), The Sorrow, The Fury, The End, The Fear & The Pain, though the Pain doesn't really fit as it's a sensation rather than an emotion, each fight has a certain strategy behind it, The End is obviously debatable as one of the greatest bosses in a video game history for being so open ended and being able to last hours.

The somewhat forced relationship between Eva & Snake will inevitably grown on you as Eva becomes more self-reliant and a lot more than just blatant sex appeal, But throughout the comic relief provided by Revolver Ocelot The relationship between Snake and The Boss is all that matters meaning their eventual encounter will alter each other deeply.

All this and more has been woven together perfectly, Harry Gregson Williams music reflects the gritty era and Kojima's trademark humour throws in various Jazz numbers perfectly complimenting the work created. Lastly an honorable mention to Yoji Shinkawa, his artworks are impeccable regardless of style and times, not that anyone complained.

When all is said and done MGS3's theme is "Scene" the setup for the franchise is beautifully told and voiced by the English cast brilliantly, it received universal praise for it's gameplay and has aged incredibly well. The exploits of Naked Snakes eventually downturn to the series antagonist "Big Boss" had begun. 9.5.
  21. Nov 1, 2011
    This game does not cease to be interesting at any point. The 3rd installment in the Metal Gear Solid series is nothing to shy away from, instead try to go and buy it. Heres the jist of it. The campaign is very engaging and informative that will make you teary at points. Like Hideo Kojima wants, the gamer will be placed this time in Big Boss's body, the real Snake. The new system involvingThis game does not cease to be interesting at any point. The 3rd installment in the Metal Gear Solid series is nothing to shy away from, instead try to go and buy it. Heres the jist of it. The campaign is very engaging and informative that will make you teary at points. Like Hideo Kojima wants, the gamer will be placed this time in Big Boss's body, the real Snake. The new system involving survival is original and adds on the Metal Gear Solid's array of well crafted ideals placed in a game. Overall, the game is magnificent and nothing short of greatness. Expand
  22. Jul 30, 2012
    Snake Eater is easily one of my favourite games on the ps2. It's the third "solid" entry in a series famous for its convulted plot, bizarre characters and pretestuos philosophical preachings. Yet this game averts all of the above providing an immersive storyline with "solid" characters, clever level design and a balanced gameplay-cutscene ratio. In this game you play as "Naked snake" whoSnake Eater is easily one of my favourite games on the ps2. It's the third "solid" entry in a series famous for its convulted plot, bizarre characters and pretestuos philosophical preachings. Yet this game averts all of the above providing an immersive storyline with "solid" characters, clever level design and a balanced gameplay-cutscene ratio. In this game you play as "Naked snake" who will later be known as "big boss", whose main mission is to rescue the scientist Sokolov in russian field during the cold war. It's a novelization of the historical facts with the mgs usual twist. i won't spoil the game for you so enough with the plot. Since the setting as changed from a near-future to a not so distant past, the technology available to the player is different: no more ominscent-radars or codec or (dear lord) no nanomachines. Your avatar now has two energy bars: one is the usual health bar, once it reaches zero it's game over, but it refills with time; the other one is the "resistance" bar, it affects your precision, sight, resistence to damage etc... You can refill this bar with another addition:eating. In this game you can hunt animals in order to eat em or tossing them to enemies distracting them. Player-damage has changed also, you can cure your wounds by manually choosing the broken body part and using the appropriate medicine. It's way simpler to play than to explain so trust me it's not annoying. All this animal hunting and bone-healing is not done in a close structure like the big shell but most of the time Snake will wander through beautiful outdoors, with the occasional building popping in. These environments are all beautifully renderd, even though I'll admit that indoors are not as detailed as in previous entries, but that's the price to pay to this overall spectacle. The sense of immersion is helped by the beautiful and fitting music and background noises. Speaking of sounds, voice acting is superb, helping each cast member shine through the experience. In this game the characters are at worst bearable (which is much to say speaking of mgs) and at best memorable. In the end the game is great, fun to play and pleasant to watch, with a memorable plot, a must buy if you own a ps2. Expand
  23. Oct 28, 2013
    One of the best games of PS2 (it's on my top 10), and alongside with MGS1 the best games of the series. The prequel of the Bipedal Tank nukes could'nt be more epic than MGS3.
  24. Oct 21, 2012
    I've only ever played Nintendo games my entire life. They were simple with decent stories and great gameplay. Then I played Super Paper Mario, which made me realize how immersive a game could be and how connected a game could make you to a character. I listened to my friend's advice and got Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater(The 3D version, but I'm putting my review here). This game was aI've only ever played Nintendo games my entire life. They were simple with decent stories and great gameplay. Then I played Super Paper Mario, which made me realize how immersive a game could be and how connected a game could make you to a character. I listened to my friend's advice and got Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater(The 3D version, but I'm putting my review here). This game was a surprise. I'd heard the story in these games were boring and hard to follow, but this one was rather easy to understand. The characters like Eva and Sokolov were displayed very well and I felt for them like people. The gameplay works well for it and the boss battles were great, especially for shooter standards. I never minded the long cutscenes because they explained in great detail what was going on and further established my love for the characters(Even the optional Johnny). And just like any MGS game, it has one of the most satisfying endings I've ever seen. The game took 15 hours to complete, but those were some of the best hours I've spent playing a game. This game hasn't changed my opinions on gaming, other than proving that a game can have seem like a movie while excelling as a game. This game currently is in my Top Five Favorite Games and I don't see that changing any time soon. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a good story with a fair amount of plot twists. Expand
  25. Feb 23, 2012
    mgs 3, just another classic. great graphics for an 04' game. cutting russian soldiers throats is very satisfying. mess around in the jungle killing animals and eating them, treating gunshot wounds and cuts. wild boss fights, alot of action. really enjoyed the camo system. answers questions about the previous metal gears, poses new ones. and its just incredible that snakes radio ismgs 3, just another classic. great graphics for an 04' game. cutting russian soldiers throats is very satisfying. mess around in the jungle killing animals and eating them, treating gunshot wounds and cuts. wild boss fights, alot of action. really enjoyed the camo system. answers questions about the previous metal gears, poses new ones. and its just incredible that snakes radio is indistrucable. 10/10 must play Expand
  26. Mar 1, 2013
    After every Metal Gear Solid the game and story gets better. Whenever I play an MGS game I think that Kojima cannot outdo himself be he does and that is why MGS is so good. MGS 3 is the best story in the series so far. The game is so engaging and emotional. If you did not cry at the end of the game I don't think any movie or game can make you cry.
  27. Nov 4, 2011
    I think this is the best storyline of any game I ever played and its simply the best game I ever played!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  28. Aug 6, 2013
    my review for my favorite PS2 game, MGS3.

SINGLE PLAYER (STORY)- 10/10. a outstanding story with the most breathtaking twist i have ever encountered in the last generation of gaming. i don't want to spoil anything else :). GRAPHICS- 9/10. it pushes the PS2 to the max. great cutscenes (minus the laughable lip-synching), and great visual quality overall. SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice
    my review for my favorite PS2 game, MGS3.

SOUND- 10/10. exceptional voice acting, and and a top quality score.
    GAMEPLAY- 8.5/10. i personally didn't have much of a problem, but some people had trouble adjusting to the complex controls. otherwise, no gameplay problems here. very fun stealth/ action gameplay.
    FUN FACTOR- 10/10. a top-notch game that absolutely everyone who likes action/stealth games needs to play.
    OVERALL- 10/10.
  29. Oct 15, 2012
    Es el mejor Metal Gear o por lo menos mi favorito. Desde los jefes finales, la historia, las inolvidables secuencias de video,los escenarios hasta el novedoso CQC, el camuflage o la supervivencia; todo contribuye a crear la mejor experiencia que se puede vivir como agente secreto.
    GRAFICOS:10 SONIDO: 8 DIVERSION:9 DURACION: 8
  30. Dec 20, 2012
    One of the best experiences you will have in your life (and I
  31. Mar 20, 2015
    This game it's the prove on how big it's this saga and Kojima and his team.

After put two amazing games, he risk so much to change essential things. -He changed the story (which is the most identifying thing on the metal gear saga), change the complete tematic for this, Cold war, the 60's, not the "nano-machine" thing, and the futuristic thing that we used to see on Metal Gear 1 and
    This game it's the prove on how big it's this saga and Kojima and his team.

After put two amazing games, he risk so much to change essential things.

-He changed the story (which is the most identifying thing on the metal gear saga), change the complete tematic for this, Cold war, the 60's, not the "nano-machine" thing, and the futuristic thing that we used to see on Metal Gear 1 and mostly Metal gear 2.

He prefer not to continue with the main story, and all the fans are waiting so hard for that.

The game change too, NO SOLITON RADAR!!! and the development of CQC, the survival package, and the stamina bar, NO RATIONS (only for recover stamina), the camouflage bar the face paint, etc.

All those big changes on the same platform, and maintend the sthealth at his beast, what a genius.

He change the game with all the risk that implies that, but give us to the fans the two things that we wanted, an amazing history and a good STEALTH GAME.

Plus, some really good boss fightings (much better than the MGS and by far much better than MGS2).

He put into the story of Big Boss, a character that we only knew as the father of Liquid and Solid, but even for some people Solid and Big Boss are the same, there are some differences on the character personality that mades him unique, he created another protagonist and i love that.

I will not lie, i cried at the end of the game and i spend more than 2 hours to kill The End.
    The Ocelot thing was really really good and memorable. And Volgin.....greatest villian ever.

Even the EVA story with Big Boss wasn't bad, i mean was better than the Meryl and Snake.

And The Sorrow part????. I don't remember how i pass that.

I guess this it's the second or third best game on the PS2 history, only behind GTA: san Andreas and Gran Turismo 4. For em it's bigger than resident evil 4 and God Od War or Call Of Duty.

This was the first time that i cried with a game
  32. Dec 10, 2014
    It
    Is
    Epic
    In
    Every
    Way
    Possible
    The environment, the characters, the customisation, the new gameplay and much needed third person camera with the option to switch back to the classic camera, the new arsenal of weapon and the BIG Twist at the end. Kojima you sleigh devil will you ever stop out doing yourself
  33. Apr 11, 2014
    Im not very in to shooting games but this was awesome only thing hindering it from getting a 10 is the annoying camera but this game is just another awesome game by Konami super fun good story just a little bit cheeky but you fill connected to the character You feel me!
  34. May 2, 2015
    Great game and it's very emotionally enveloping there was never a moment where I thought the game wasn't sad at a sad scene. Its soundtrack was amazing and I loved the way they did a traditional spy theme song with the song Snake Eater and in the end credits where they did a slight change on the Metal Gear Solid 2 theme song they made it sound fantastic. The gameplay was good with anGreat game and it's very emotionally enveloping there was never a moment where I thought the game wasn't sad at a sad scene. Its soundtrack was amazing and I loved the way they did a traditional spy theme song with the song Snake Eater and in the end credits where they did a slight change on the Metal Gear Solid 2 theme song they made it sound fantastic. The gameplay was good with an annoyance on the camera as it constantly fought with you. The bosses were great and had some of the most memorable bosses I still have a lot of respect for the boss fight The End as everytime it takes 15-30 minutes for me to beat him this boss battle is frustrating but is great at the same time. The controls are annoying but mainly because it difficult to aim in the first person which is the only real way you can aim and I felt it took me a few minutes to get used to the controls. The characters were excellent and memorable. Each character had a lot of character developement and because of this it made the characters a lot more relatable. Great game definitely worth a buy. Expand
  35. Sep 7, 2013
    I recently watched my friend play the end of this game and it was the most painful thing i have ever witnessed. Not because of the game, just his pure apathy towards video games in general. Eva has rockin' and she unzips her jacket ALOT, so you can see massive cleavage. I wish her and Snake bumped uglies more often. Oh well, still a perfect game.
  36. May 22, 2015
    I wanna start this review by saying that this may be the best game i've ever played, the compelling characters and emotional story are things i haven't seen in recent games, the gameplay it's incredibly addictive and good, the music is awesome, especially the main song (Snake Eater) and the main theme, the graphics are beautiful and the sound design is perfect. It's a really interestingI wanna start this review by saying that this may be the best game i've ever played, the compelling characters and emotional story are things i haven't seen in recent games, the gameplay it's incredibly addictive and good, the music is awesome, especially the main song (Snake Eater) and the main theme, the graphics are beautiful and the sound design is perfect. It's a really interesting game, and i must say, it's really a unique piece of art. You should be checking it out. Expand
  37. May 6, 2014
    Lots of times, many people get angry over games with long cutscenes and being a so called almost interactive movie, I also feel that way. But, Metal gear solid 3 nails the mix between cutscenes and gameplay perfectly, and the story is touching, you care about it, you even want more cutscenes, and so many suprises from Hideo Kojima's crazy mind, I literally thought the game ended 3 times!Lots of times, many people get angry over games with long cutscenes and being a so called almost interactive movie, I also feel that way. But, Metal gear solid 3 nails the mix between cutscenes and gameplay perfectly, and the story is touching, you care about it, you even want more cutscenes, and so many suprises from Hideo Kojima's crazy mind, I literally thought the game ended 3 times! Easily one of the best games of all time Expand
  38. Nov 14, 2014
    Hideo Kojima gave the fans what they wanted... to play with naked snake... this game got me through some tough times... and in my opinion it is the best video game i have ever played in my life... i really cant even put in words.. its an absolute masterpiece.. thanks konami for making the best video game ever.... :')
  39. Nov 21, 2014
    One of the best game's of all time, Metal gear Solid 3 is an absolute masterpiece, and is also my most favourite game of all time. The story and characters are both extremely gripping and fantastic, along with the voice acting. The gameplay is incredibly fun, realistic and has a ton of replay value as there are tons of secret and different ways to get through a segment. The graphics areOne of the best game's of all time, Metal gear Solid 3 is an absolute masterpiece, and is also my most favourite game of all time. The story and characters are both extremely gripping and fantastic, along with the voice acting. The gameplay is incredibly fun, realistic and has a ton of replay value as there are tons of secret and different ways to get through a segment. The graphics are fantastic for 2004 and still hold up today in the many HD remakes, along with the sound direction. In the end, this is just a fantastic, masterpiece of a game that honestly I cant find any problem's with. In my opinion, this is the absolute best game ever made, until Metal Gear Solid 5 that is :p Expand
  40. Jul 5, 2011
    stealth game.....i like this game ......especially when i fighting all the boss in this game.i always play this game when i bored...i have played mgs2,mgs3 and mgs4..all of them are the best!
  41. Mar 25, 2015
    One of the best games of all time. It has an amazing story, great gameplay and a vast amount of ways you can play
    The mixture of stealth, action and survival just comes together so well.
    I would say this is a must play to anyone who can get there hands on it
  42. Jul 24, 2011
    Snake Eater has my favorite storyline of any game ive ever played. I have never felt such a connecting to a story before. The gameplay is some of the best in gaming if not the best. A classic if there ever was one.
  43. Jun 22, 2014
    Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater is a masterpiece from the beginning to the end. Movie and game combined with excellency. Great gameplay, graphics and story. The camera is not so good.
  44. Apr 8, 2014
    Probably the best MGS series I have played.Everything is perfect, the environment, the enemies , the arsenal , the character , the story and the list goes on and on and on.
  45. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Easily my favorite Metal Gear game. It has an amazing storyline with an amazing twist at the end. The gameplay fits perfectly with the jungle theme. It looked amazing at its time, even though the lipsynch was laughable.
    The Boss battles were quite good with a few exceptions. Especially The End and The Boss boss battles were the best. With The End battle searching him and then landing some good shots on him. And with The Boss boss battle (Yo dawg I heard you liked bosses) when you have to press the square button to shoot The Boss yourself, it made you feel guilt.
    If you enjoy amazing stories with survival gameplay, pick this up. You will not regret it.
  46. AnthonyC.
    Dec 5, 2004
    A step up from two. Story telling at it's best. Kojima is a genius. Big Boss is the coolest character since Neo.
  47. FedericoM.
    Jan 7, 2005
    It's simply the best!
  48. Snake!
    Mar 1, 2005
    Ohh this is good game i can´t belive some people give it a 0 and they say "konami is a mockery of a company" you guys need a real game like mgs 3, this a great game!! buy it!!
  49. JoeP.
    Mar 3, 2005
    This game is the best game in the world to me. it never gets boring.
  50. Donkay
    Mar 4, 2005
    Can't go wrong with Snake if you like Special Ops games. You'll spend countless hours on this game yet it'll seem to just wiz by cuz of the fun gameplay. The graphics are awesome and the storyline is nicely done.
  51. AlbertoC.
    Apr 5, 2005
    Greatest Game Of All-Time. Nuff said.
  52. Tonydannie
    Aug 7, 2005
    I loved this game!! Very challenging and the Boss fights are great. my favorite will have to be "The End" sniping fight. This game is with out a doubt the best yet in the metal gear solid series. The story is amazing and it makes better sense then "Sons Of Liberty" And the score is as good as any score in a film( granted it is a film composer's ). But it is as god if not better then I loved this game!! Very challenging and the Boss fights are great. my favorite will have to be "The End" sniping fight. This game is with out a doubt the best yet in the metal gear solid series. The story is amazing and it makes better sense then "Sons Of Liberty" And the score is as good as any score in a film( granted it is a film composer's ). But it is as god if not better then the films this man has scored. Best game ever!!! Until Metal Gear Solid 4 of course. Expand
  53. Chimp
    Nov 18, 2004
    This game is not for everyone. and by that, i mean it is not for stupid people. with possibly the deepest plot in any game, it really is more than just a game. yes, i got half life 2 on tuesday and i know how unbelievably awesome that is....but this game is more important and personal to me because of its story. of course, the gameplay is amazing. this time around, you have to beThis game is not for everyone. and by that, i mean it is not for stupid people. with possibly the deepest plot in any game, it really is more than just a game. yes, i got half life 2 on tuesday and i know how unbelievably awesome that is....but this game is more important and personal to me because of its story. of course, the gameplay is amazing. this time around, you have to be stealthier than in the previous two games. the jungle is really cool, with animals and camoflage and all that. speaking of camoflage, let me just say if you're playing on normal or higher you will HAVE to use it. enemies are much more realistic this time around and can spot you from far away if you move or really stand out. the CQC system is genius, and the boss battles are amazing. also, its full of humour just like the other two, but its not in-your-face humour, more subtle. and the main theme is the best in any game ever. simply unbelievable. Expand
  54. Alfgrr
    Nov 2, 2004
    This will kill every game that comes out this year.
  55. AndrejJ.
    Nov 8, 2004
    This is the best game in the world. Congrats to Hideo Kojima and every one who developed this game. It's a world wonder
  56. JesseJ.
    Jan 10, 2005
    This is a great game i dont have to say anything, just look at the reviews!!!!!!
  57. Gareth
    Nov 4, 2005
    Perfect. A slightly long intro scene will only bother you when you play through the game a second time. MGS had length issues, MGS 2 had pacing problems, Snake Eater has neither and appart from the suggestive subtitle, it has no flaws. Touches of genious such as the very long ladder climb as the music fades in, the increadable graphics atop the cliff, the best ending to a videogame ever Perfect. A slightly long intro scene will only bother you when you play through the game a second time. MGS had length issues, MGS 2 had pacing problems, Snake Eater has neither and appart from the suggestive subtitle, it has no flaws. Touches of genious such as the very long ladder climb as the music fades in, the increadable graphics atop the cliff, the best ending to a videogame ever which needs to be seen to believe superb voice acting and plot and great characters all round. Packed with witt, charm and shear balls its the most perfect action/adventure game you can buy on any of the 3 consoles right now. Trust me, you'll take a week of work to play it none stop and itill stay with you long after you have finished. Top class. Expand
  58. RickN.
    Oct 17, 2005
    If everyone put this much effort into making games, then the world would be a much better place. I know its not everyones cup of tea from reading some reviews, most of which are from MGS newcomers, who complain about cutscenes being to long, the camera being crap etc. These are valid points of course, but anyone else who's played the MGS games since the PS1 original are more than If everyone put this much effort into making games, then the world would be a much better place. I know its not everyones cup of tea from reading some reviews, most of which are from MGS newcomers, who complain about cutscenes being to long, the camera being crap etc. These are valid points of course, but anyone else who's played the MGS games since the PS1 original are more than used to these flaws. Even so, the sheer quality of this game makes up for these problems one hundred fold. The graphics, the characters, the weapons, the gadgets, the boss fights, the stealth tactics, the atmosphere of tension created throughout the game, the close quarter combat system, the cutscenes and overall coolness of the game are just all unreal. Plus theres just way to many secrets in the game to list here, its just crazy how much works gone into it. People who know the MGS series will love it more than anything, people who are new to it, just open your mind a bit. This game is amazing and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Expand
  59. SolidusSnake
    Jan 31, 2005
    I have always been a fan of the metal gear solid series . The first metal gear solid for playstation was amazing . I was a bit disapointed by the sequel bacause of Raiden and the plot witch wasnt all that interesting and original.Now Snake Eater is stil a great game better than Sons of Liberty and almost equal with the original.The problem is that it could be a perfect game if only they I have always been a fan of the metal gear solid series . The first metal gear solid for playstation was amazing . I was a bit disapointed by the sequel bacause of Raiden and the plot witch wasnt all that interesting and original.Now Snake Eater is stil a great game better than Sons of Liberty and almost equal with the original.The problem is that it could be a perfect game if only they changed the camera.They changed the era and the whole set of the game but they still have the same camera. Its in the jungle now and there is no radar which makes the camera more of a problem than a help. The camera ruins some of the experience of being in the jungle but overall its the best adventure game of the year. Expand
  60. JoshA.
    Jan 5, 2005
    The perfect game. What else can I say?
  61. CoryP.
    Oct 9, 2005
    Smash or trash and this game is well above the ranking system here.(it was deducted a mark for mentioning Raiden in the game, if you were wondering). The best MGS to date. The story, graphics, sounds, gameplay are all god like. To this date from purchasing it when it first came out, I'm still playing the game (I have beaten the game many times) and still finding new things to do. It Smash or trash and this game is well above the ranking system here.(it was deducted a mark for mentioning Raiden in the game, if you were wondering). The best MGS to date. The story, graphics, sounds, gameplay are all god like. To this date from purchasing it when it first came out, I'm still playing the game (I have beaten the game many times) and still finding new things to do. It will be a major improvement when the 4th of the series comes out but I really need it NOT to have Raiden in it to enjoy beyond all possibilties. Better yet the best choice ever would be if Snake decides to shoot Raiden right in the face point blank with a stinger missle. Expand
  62. BlakeY.
    Feb 20, 2005
    Wonderful game.
  63. AnonymousAnonymous
    Feb 3, 2005
    Like this was the best game I played. All my other friends think Halo 2 sucks( Most think so). This is or should be the best game of the year, not Halo 2.
    If I rated Halo 2, it would be an 8. (I like Halo 2, but MGS 3 RULES, whoever doesn't think so sucks.)
  64. RafaelH.
    Feb 4, 2005
    Just one comment : the best MG game so far and one of the best games I played, and I hve played a lot .
  65. MattB.
    Mar 1, 2005
    Oh my God!, this game is so good!, my sons and I have played and finished the game so many times, yet we just keep coming back for more. The game is so life like, the first time I played it, after beating the sorrow, I had my first Nightmare in 30 yrs. WOW!...
  66. Kei
    Mar 25, 2005
    A game, no a virtual movie made with real passion.
  67. MartinK.
    Mar 20, 2005
    This is the best game of all... until a new MG comes out! Praise Kojima!
  68. NortonJ.
    Apr 2, 2005
    What is wrong with reviewers these days?!?!? Scores of 50 (thats disgraceful) and 80 for a game this polished is quite simply.....mad. MGS3 is one of those addictive games that you honestly cannot put down until you've finished it. You will sacrifice things in life just to bask in its brilliance. We are lucky to have one of these games come across us once every 3 years and some What is wrong with reviewers these days?!?!? Scores of 50 (thats disgraceful) and 80 for a game this polished is quite simply.....mad. MGS3 is one of those addictive games that you honestly cannot put down until you've finished it. You will sacrifice things in life just to bask in its brilliance. We are lucky to have one of these games come across us once every 3 years and some incompetent reviewer who obviously has issues ruins an average score I for one and others would agree should be at least 95. To put it quite simply, this game is more than just a "must buy" your PS2 needs it, it craves it. 2006-2007 we will see MGS4 on the PS3, so until then enjoy what is yet another masterpiece from the genious Hideo Kojima. Expand
  69. ThebiggestMGSfanintheworld
    Jun 16, 2005
    Quite franckly, the best computer game I have ever played. Well, since I played the first MGS!!!
  70. JesseS.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Yet ANOTHER great Metal Gear Solid game! Heralded as the best in the series by many, this game is easily one of the greatest games you will play on the Playstation 2 console. The graphics are easily some of the best the PS2 can do, pushing the limitations of the console. The gameplay is VERY deep. There are so many things to do, items to find, etc. that you will want to play through this Yet ANOTHER great Metal Gear Solid game! Heralded as the best in the series by many, this game is easily one of the greatest games you will play on the Playstation 2 console. The graphics are easily some of the best the PS2 can do, pushing the limitations of the console. The gameplay is VERY deep. There are so many things to do, items to find, etc. that you will want to play through this game more than once. The game is also a lot longer than the other Metal Gear solid games, taking 20 to 25 hours on a first time through the game. The controls are the usual for the PS2 Metal Gear Solid games, which is not a bad thing at all. And the story is VERY compelling, especially if you are a Metal Gear Solid fan. If you are, you definitley wouldn't want to miss this story! Overall, one of the greatest games for the PS2 in 2004, and probably for the rest of the life on the console. A must-have! Expand
  71. NathanR.
    Jun 9, 2005
    It's excellent but confusing 2 bring all of the other metal gear solid storys together and get the correct endind because i thought that snake liquid and solidus were clones of big boss.
  72. SimonK.
    Aug 12, 2005
    Hideo Kojima does it once again this is one of the best games ever made crisp graphics excellent sound and gameplay that takes the stealth genre to the next level. You dont have it What the hell are you doing. Go buy it!!!!!
  73. GarrethDouble'R'
    Aug 28, 2005
    Superb graphics, completely unbelievable boss fights, astonishing music, a compelling story and enough genius moments to write pages about. What's most incredable about Metal Gear Solid 3 is that it WILL ruin most other games for you. Once you let yourself fall in love with Snake Eater, it breaks your legs and keeps you in its basement for good.
  74. SamD.
    Feb 3, 2006
    Of the MGS series, this is the one that surprised me the most. At first I was thinking "same old, same old" except that everything was outside. As I went through I couldn't believe how engaging the cheeziness of the plot was and how much it felt like a James Bond film. On the other hand there were major changes to the theme which I won't spoil, but by the end you really felt Of the MGS series, this is the one that surprised me the most. At first I was thinking "same old, same old" except that everything was outside. As I went through I couldn't believe how engaging the cheeziness of the plot was and how much it felt like a James Bond film. On the other hand there were major changes to the theme which I won't spoil, but by the end you really felt like you had been through the whole ordeal that Snake just went through. The hunting and healing aspects of the game are a level of involvement in games which I think should be more prevalent. Its not just about get some place, killing some guy, running over here, using this item, etc. It was a constant struggle (albeit, a fun struggle) to do anything in the game because of that aspect. It sucks you right in. Expand
  75. ChrisZ.
    Jan 1, 2007
    If people only played past the first few missions instead of saying "I'm done" would they see the amazing work and story line.
  76. AlN.
    Mar 10, 2007
    After 2 years still the best game I have ever played.
  77. GrayFox
    Jul 4, 2007
    The Guy At Detroit Free Press must be very rough huh?Who played original MG and GMS on other consoles knows the story not just rambo 3 behind it man! Think befor You press and choose wisely because this game have more work in it than you think. Big Red i cant believe you AI is easy??PLay On EU extreme noob!T he Story is crazy? Make better with the whole MGS universe!!Y ou stupid people The Guy At Detroit Free Press must be very rough huh?Who played original MG and GMS on other consoles knows the story not just rambo 3 behind it man! Think befor You press and choose wisely because this game have more work in it than you think. Big Red i cant believe you AI is easy??PLay On EU extreme noob!T he Story is crazy? Make better with the whole MGS universe!!Y ou stupid people who never think just write that bull**it here !keep thinking. Respect To Other Players who take this game with honor. Expand
  78. DougP.
    Oct 1, 2003
    ok first i'm 22 and no don't live at home. I have about 10 games for the ps2 this game rocks. Its easy to play easy to learn and great for company. i still can't beat the dam game. oh yeah did i mention that i got it for under 3 bucks, which makes the value so much better. It should sell for about 20 though - what a game.
  79. AhmedAlataby
    Aug 19, 2003
    Oh man .. Kojima does it again ... the waiting .. THE WAITING .. believe me guys, this game is gonna be the bomb! I guess the people who played MGS2 already know what I mean .. :) .. Anyways .. The graphics looks (very) good, the music .. Hi mister Williams. and the gameplay is just .. WOW .. And they say that you might be play this game .. Online .. :S .. I sure hope so!! .. Thats why IOh man .. Kojima does it again ... the waiting .. THE WAITING .. believe me guys, this game is gonna be the bomb! I guess the people who played MGS2 already know what I mean .. :) .. Anyways .. The graphics looks (very) good, the music .. Hi mister Williams. and the gameplay is just .. WOW .. And they say that you might be play this game .. Online .. :S .. I sure hope so!! .. Thats why I think that this game really is worth the 10 points I gave it :D .. That's it folks !! SeeYa Expand
  80. Sean
    Nov 14, 2004
    This is one sexy game.
  81. Alex
    Nov 18, 2004
    Sam Fisher, eat your heart out. The king of stealth returns. This is, by leaps and bounds, the best game in the MGS series.
  82. JohnnyS.
    Nov 19, 2004
    Another great kojima work. these games have real character.
  83. RobG.
    Nov 19, 2004
    With videogames, one should trust the majority. it's perhaps the only medium in which i would advise you to trust the majority, anyway. games are interesting in this fashion: when a good game comes out, there is not nearly the amount of polarization as there would be in, say film. in short, everyone prolly really likes halo 2 because it's a very fun game. on the other hand,With videogames, one should trust the majority. it's perhaps the only medium in which i would advise you to trust the majority, anyway. games are interesting in this fashion: when a good game comes out, there is not nearly the amount of polarization as there would be in, say film. in short, everyone prolly really likes halo 2 because it's a very fun game. on the other hand, uninspired wastes-of-time (well...all videogames are, but that's beside the point) like the new bad boys video game will be chalked up as an entertainment commodity collectively hated by the masses, and with just cause. but, like all review consensus, you're likely to run into at least one or two stragglers who will tell you that, "it's not nearly as good as it was hyped up to be" or "this other game is better." with the latest metal gear (snake eater), the obvious argument for not liking the game would be the dated graphics, control and camera scheme all to be blamed by the ps2's nearly obsolete specs. of course, when i first started up my copy of snake eater, the first thought that popped into my head was not the graphical quality or the camera problems but the fact that i was playing another metal gear solid game. no other game franchise in history has done mature gamers a greater duty. simply put: yes, the graphics (though non-comparable to the x-box) are phenomenal and really push the ps2; yes, the gameplay is the best ever in an mgs game; yes, the game is better than metal gear solid 2 which at first was very well received until rayden (the protagonist) must have gotten on the gamer's nerves when they played it a second time through. so why the 9? well. i'm afraid that i have a big heart for the original metal gear solid on the playstation. that was a perfect game. snake eater, on the other hand, is longer, more fun, and a much prettier game. but let's just call snake eater the second greatest gaming story ever told. kojima continues to throw a-level action movie themes and practices into stories that are, at their core, truly romantic, which is a very tough thing to pull off, indeed. and the bondesque theme-song and opening credits for the game will make the hair stand up on your arms even though they may actually be derivative. but it's a very difficult task to do what movies have done with the concept of interactive video games. kojima is a video game revolutionary and like i said before: my only thought when starting this game was, "huzzah! another metal gear game!" Expand
  84. BrandonW.
    Nov 19, 2004
    This game is really exciting and the story has you trying to guess whats gonna happen next and then surprises you.
  85. Yoda/on/crack
    Nov 25, 2004
    I havn't had this much fun playing a game in some time now. And i play a ton of games, so thats saying something. I gave this game a 10 b/c it does a great job of sucking you into the story. Once i started playing the game i couln't put it down. Yes, the ps2 is showing its age, but i'm willing to put up with it b/c of games like MGS3. Not many games have the kind of I havn't had this much fun playing a game in some time now. And i play a ton of games, so thats saying something. I gave this game a 10 b/c it does a great job of sucking you into the story. Once i started playing the game i couln't put it down. Yes, the ps2 is showing its age, but i'm willing to put up with it b/c of games like MGS3. Not many games have the kind of gameplay that MGS3 has. Another reason would have to be the fact that kojima cut down on the cutscenes compared MGS2. With less cutscenes the games storyline flows better. Expand
  86. T.H.
    Nov 8, 2004
    AWESOME
  87. James
    Dec 11, 2004
    This game is friggin incredible. My Game of the Year.
  88. BenjitheGreat
    Dec 20, 2004
    I liked MGS1, didnt like MGS2 so much. As far as pure action gameplay goes, MGS3 is far superior to its predecessors. The best part for me was exploring the jungle environments for animals that you could kill and then eat for stamina. I also enjoyed the new camoflauge system, great concept. Sneeking on the ground through underbrush, then picking off a guard with your tranq gun, then I liked MGS1, didnt like MGS2 so much. As far as pure action gameplay goes, MGS3 is far superior to its predecessors. The best part for me was exploring the jungle environments for animals that you could kill and then eat for stamina. I also enjoyed the new camoflauge system, great concept. Sneeking on the ground through underbrush, then picking off a guard with your tranq gun, then slashing on the ground with your knife was great fun. My complaint with MGS3 is similar to the complaints i had with MGS2. The plot is sometimes convoluted and the scenes drawn out too much. Overall, this game is awesome. Expand
  89. JoeT.
    Dec 3, 2004
    mgs3 jungles, caves,swamps etc. is superb looking. Things like different kind of snakes,frogs,birds,fish catching them all is tricky specially on higher difficulty. 2 things i wish they done is, first i wish they put the camouflage uniform in an item window similar to equipping your box,weapon,binoculars. it'll be much quicker to changed your outfit more frequently. 2nd thing is i mgs3 jungles, caves,swamps etc. is superb looking. Things like different kind of snakes,frogs,birds,fish catching them all is tricky specially on higher difficulty. 2 things i wish they done is, first i wish they put the camouflage uniform in an item window similar to equipping your box,weapon,binoculars. it'll be much quicker to changed your outfit more frequently. 2nd thing is i wish hideo kojima spread out the camouflage uniform, force naked snake to play the game without any weapon only ap sensor,thermal google throughout game, only unlocking them if they finish the game, at different levels of difficulty. Kojima is a bit influenced by the critics, especially with the legendary cobra units, the characters like the fury, the pain, the fear, the end, was not thoroughly explained backstory of superb characters which is quite sad, i really love long cutscenes of mgs2 character explanation. please bring back the dog tags( completed all dg tgs in mgs 2 sons of liberty/substance 2001/2002) Raiden is a good character, i cant understand people hating him, especially what he experienced as child used as war soldier and his parents being killed, I'm even doubting some critics if they played mgs2 for complaining about raiden, if your a critic i want you to listen and play mgs2 again and listen to col. campbell and rose last codec transmition to Raiden before the last fight w/ solidus snake(itll explain you why raiden, was chosen for S3 plan(selection for societal sanity)Raiden and Rose combination is outstanding character development) I love mgs series for humor, personatily, uniqueness of the characters, story, emotion of the game. rewarding story.. A must buy game for excellent gaming experience. Expand
  90. CalvinS.
    Dec 4, 2004
    The best Metal Gear Solid game ever.The Cobra Units is my best part.This game is both for parents and kids.The End and The Sorrow are the 2 best Cobra Units and the hardest.This game provides fun for the family.
  91. SmashOne
    Dec 8, 2004
    This is an excellent game. I was blown away by the the first one but the second was didn't really do it for me. This one has come back to blow me away again. The story line and th eway it's told are brilliant. The camo and the various types of terrain add a lot to the game and show a great deal of originality. The last two got a bit tedious with all the bulidings, rooms and This is an excellent game. I was blown away by the the first one but the second was didn't really do it for me. This one has come back to blow me away again. The story line and th eway it's told are brilliant. The camo and the various types of terrain add a lot to the game and show a great deal of originality. The last two got a bit tedious with all the bulidings, rooms and corridors. Not so here. The boss battles are pretty good and the whole package feels right. Great job by Konami and Hideo. Expand
  92. BuddhiC.
    Aug 29, 2004
    I am an older white male and I served in the military during Nam (Vietnam War) Having experienced these harsh environments I know that MGS3 is the most realistic jungle senario I have ever experienced in a video game. But-But.But.But...Theres always a But. When your speaking in comparing the video game to real life,its not good,but the acual jungle environments and the type of gameplay I am an older white male and I served in the military during Nam (Vietnam War) Having experienced these harsh environments I know that MGS3 is the most realistic jungle senario I have ever experienced in a video game. But-But.But.But...Theres always a But. When your speaking in comparing the video game to real life,its not good,but the acual jungle environments and the type of gameplay MGS3 offers... is remarkable. Awesome...Awesome fun for Everyone! Expand
  93. ZacharyR.
    Jan 1, 2005
    Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater was EXCELLENT! It was the best game yet in the Metal Gear Series! If I could say one word to Hideo Kojima it would be, BRAVO!
  94. AB
    Jan 19, 2005
    MGS3 is one of the most incredible stealth games ever released. The only problem is the bad dialogue. But that doesn't matter because the gameplay is what matters, and MGS3 does gameplay right.
  95. Bishop
    Jan 21, 2005
    This game is really great. I had a hard time getting in to it right from the start but once I beat the prologue I was hooked. Please don't just play the first level and think its too hard, keep playing and you will be glad you did.
  96. JasonS.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I love this game! It's awesome because it's actually set way before the first one. I've beaten all 3 of them.
  97. SolidSnake
    Jan 26, 2005
    This game is great... it is by far the best of the MGS series and ive played and beaten them all. I also think you all will agree with me that this stealth title is much better then the Tom Clancys Splinter Cells games. This brings so many new things to the table and executes them to perfection. Hideo Kojima is an excellenet developer and i hope this isnt the last of the MGS series. This This game is great... it is by far the best of the MGS series and ive played and beaten them all. I also think you all will agree with me that this stealth title is much better then the Tom Clancys Splinter Cells games. This brings so many new things to the table and executes them to perfection. Hideo Kojima is an excellenet developer and i hope this isnt the last of the MGS series. This game brings together the best parts of both worlds, a great fighting/run and gun game with an excellent cut scene selection and stealth movements. If you want a game that will suck you into the storyline and keep you hooked then check out this game, you wont regret it. Expand
  98. JustinB.
    Jan 26, 2005
    I wasnt much of a fan of the previous 2 installments in the "Solid" series, but this one is amazingly excellent and engrossing. Easily one of the best PS2 games out there.
  99. MateusC.
    Oct 31, 2005
    Doesn't worry: this is the best game of PlayStation 2 and the a shot in the head of Xbox Fanboys. The Largeness and the perfection are gifts in MGS3 and perhaps either therefore that this game brings as many feelings in the players.
  100. AramisG.
    Jan 5, 2005
    So far I have played three of the big games of this season (Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2 and MGS3) and this game was probably the most enjoyable of the them. I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed this. The jungle environments and the 60s cold war era feel are just really well done. I have been to this part of the world and they really nabbed it. The story is decent, yet addictive, with So far I have played three of the big games of this season (Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2 and MGS3) and this game was probably the most enjoyable of the them. I can't stress enough how much I enjoyed this. The jungle environments and the 60s cold war era feel are just really well done. I have been to this part of the world and they really nabbed it. The story is decent, yet addictive, with the highlights being the intriguing characters of The Boss and The End. I reccomend playing through the game with no-radar and force yourself to clear each area without getting spotted. My biggest gripes with this game are with the controls/camera scheme (the reason I am not giving it a 10). It is just time to upgrade to 1st or 3rd person (frontal view). It interefers with some of the early boss fights and generally makes sighting enemies (who are right in front of you!) difficult. Managing the selection menus gets old fast. Also it would have been more classier if The Pain and The Fear had better dialogue. Something about The Fury swaring when you shoot him was just dead on how boss dialogue should go. Lastly, if you nuke an area then return to it later in the game it would be totally devastated not peacfully intact (after Virtuous Mission). Hopefully this game will help inspire a new direction for stealth based games (I am sick of office/industrial complex environments). Expand

When all is said and done, Snake Eater achieves what no other game can on such a level: complete immersion into an action-driven interactive movie.
  2. Is Metal Gear Solid 3 the best game of the year? Yes. Is Metal Gear Solid 3 the best in its series? No.
  3. There has never been, and will not be for a long time a more convincing and immersive game released.