9.3

1. NicholasR.
    Oct 8, 2008
    Controls are crap, Visuals look like a ps2 launch title, and the story is a cut-rate spy movie knock-off. I lent this game to three different people who all agree that this is the worst game ever. I have played sudoku on gba and it's still better this game.
  2. DylanT.
    Apr 23, 2006
    I thought the game was a rip off the other metal gear solid games.
  3. E.L.
    Apr 17, 2006
    While this game has the BEST story and game play I've played in years, the fact that it also has the WORST control system prevents me give it a score more than 4. I find it most annoying and frustrating when switching constantly between the first person and third person view. And some times the camera views get "auto-switched" when I don't even intent to. You can only move While this game has the BEST story and game play I've played in years, the fact that it also has the WORST control system prevents me give it a score more than 4. I find it most annoying and frustrating when switching constantly between the first person and third person view. And some times the camera views get "auto-switched" when I don't even intent to. You can only move around when you are in the third person view, but then you can't see what (or who) is ahead of you. Yes, you can switch to the first person view, but then you can't move in this view, only to look around. It's most frustrating and annoying to walk a few steps, then stop, then change camera view to first person, to look around, then change the view back to third person, then walk another few steps, then repeat the whole process again. Expand
  4. Zippy
    Mar 15, 2006
    Good game, finished it quickly. No replay value at all. P2 needs a stable online system, then it could have scored a 10.

#5 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#29 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

1. PSM Magazine
    Improving on one of the best games ever couldn't have been an easy job, but Kojima Productions was able to do it. They packed this director's cut of "Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater", a thrilling and cinematic military stealth action game, so full of tweaks and extras, we wish our review scale went to 11. [Apr 2006, p.73]
  2. Subsistence's awe-inspiring single-player adventure outclasses every other stealth game in existence, including the previous MGS titles. It's the perfect blend of gripping narrative, nuanced gameplay, astonishing (nearly next-gen) graphics, and creative boss battles. [Apr. 2006, p.98]
    Subsistence goes a long way towards remedying the few problems of ["Snake Eater"] with a brand new camera system that literally rejuvenates the gameplay. The online mode adds a ton of replay value as well, and has dozens of options to keep you returning to blow away friends late into the night.