• Publisher: SNK
  • Release Date: May 25, 2005
7.6

1. Jul 9, 2016
    A good thing about this compilation is the fact, that both games were ported to PS2, rather than being emulated. Unlike Metal Slug 3 on PS2, which had a few extras, these releases are bare bones. My only gripe with this package, is the fact, that the developers didn't give you an option to use the analog stick to control your characters.
  2. Funkonaut
    May 29, 2005
    My first introduction to the Metal Slug series was through Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. At first I thought it was a simple run-and-gun game that was way too short. After my thirtieth time playing it I realized what Metal Slug really is: a trial-and-error fest that you play again and again until you can run through each level without dying even once. As impossible as that may sound, I My first introduction to the Metal Slug series was through Metal Slug Advance for the GBA. At first I thought it was a simple run-and-gun game that was way too short. After my thirtieth time playing it I realized what Metal Slug really is: a trial-and-error fest that you play again and again until you can run through each level without dying even once. As impossible as that may sound, I eventually accomplished that feat on Metal Slug Advance. With Metal Slug 4 and 5, that could be a near-impossible task. This game is HARD. At any moment there are dozens of enemies on the screen, all firing at you from every direction. And there's no life bar; you die if you get hit even once. If you want some old-school shooter action that requires lightning quick reflexes and takes weeks to master then this game is for you. Otherwise, it's a great rental that will find you blowing through both games in about an hour due to unlimited continues. Expand
  3. EmmanuelG.
    Jun 10, 2005
    this is very good game.
  4. MickR.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Explosive action, incredible art, and spectacular animation. Buy this right now!

1. PSM Magazine
    Unfortunately, each gorgeous game can be finished in about an hour. [June 2005, p.78]
  2. It's likely that only those players who have already acquired a taste for Metal Slug's rich blend of crazy, manic violence and goofy humor will fully appreciate this package.
  3. Cheat Code Central
    What you get here is a near-perfect recreation of the arcade versions of Metal Slug Four and Five.