8.9

1. Jan 14, 2014
    This game generally had some problems. To start off, optional races in the game have ridiculously easy opponents that drive at 75 mph! Also, the games traffic is limited and the cops chase you for 5 seconds before they give up. Graphics and damage is sloppy, but I liked some parts despite the flaws. The handling is easy to maneuver, if too fast paced with faster cars. There are abundantThis game generally had some problems. To start off, optional races in the game have ridiculously easy opponents that drive at 75 mph! Also, the games traffic is limited and the cops chase you for 5 seconds before they give up. Graphics and damage is sloppy, but I liked some parts despite the flaws. The handling is easy to maneuver, if too fast paced with faster cars. There are abundant vehicle and customization options, and four cities, San Diego, Detroit, Atlanta, and now Tokyo. Sandbox is small but the ultimate playground. I also liked the sound effects and the cutscene dialogue and graphics. Also, I pretty much turned addicted to this somehow. However, I gave this a six because of several bad design choices. Expand

#43 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2006
#16 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2006

An insanely fast, choatic and progressive racing game that betters the second in the series with more accessible racing, without losing its competitive edge.
  2. It all adds up to a breakneck racing experience that offers a lot of fun (especially when you consider the online modes) for a little cash.
    The big new addition is Tokyo. Fortunately, the developers have made the city available by default right on the menu screen, so for those of you worried that you might have to play through the original three cities to get to the new stuff, worry not.