MLB 07: The Show PlayStation 2

8.6

1. PeteJ.
    Jun 5, 2007
    The Road to the Show mode (Career) makes this game a 10. I honestly have not even played the regular mode yet. The baserunning controls take a while to get used to, but once you do this is an awesome game. I have not encountered any significant bugs.
  2. BobL.
    Mar 1, 2007
    Good game overall. Not too much different than last year. Still the best baseball game out there...
  3. Rudy
    Mar 9, 2007
    Last year the game ran silky smooth and this year they have frame rate drops. Don't know why they screwed that up but the rest of the game is solid. I loved '06 and they took that game and tweaked it to make it better. More errors, hit variety, confidence meter for each pitch but the tremendous amount of sliders added makes this a game that can really be customized. They also Last year the game ran silky smooth and this year they have frame rate drops. Don't know why they screwed that up but the rest of the game is solid. I loved '06 and they took that game and tweaked it to make it better. More errors, hit variety, confidence meter for each pitch but the tremendous amount of sliders added makes this a game that can really be customized. They also fixed the pitcher cam to have the radar gun which is nice addition as well. It doesn't blow away '06 and the frame rate drops are annoying but its still the best baseball game out there on any console. Expand
  4. Andrew
    Apr 17, 2007
    Half-finished. Full of glitches and annoying bugs that detract from the realisim of the game (ERA is miscalculated, throws are buggy, CPU wont perform trades). But I still can't stop playing the career mode! I regret paying full retail, but hopefully a patch will fix some of the many, many problems.
  5. JayB
    Apr 22, 2009
    Absolute best baseball game !! 2K cant hold a candle to this !! With no MVP left, we got the show and it rules !! No complaints what so ever. Provides good challenge on harder difficulty and rewards you with great presentation.I look forward to trying 08 and 09 !!
  6. KimK.
    Jun 11, 2007
    One of the best baseball games I've ever played on the PS2 console. The Road to the Show scenario never gets boring as your player progresses by completing various tasks.
  7. JayM.
    Mar 12, 2007
    I used to play the MVP series and it was pretty good and last year I decided to get the NCAA game and loved the actual game play (the franchise was pretty weak). this game is really bad. Unfortunately its the only option if you want the mlb experience. sadly MLB 2k7 is supposed to be even worse. The franchise isn't bad actually, the show seems pretty boring (not nearly as fun as I used to play the MVP series and it was pretty good and last year I decided to get the NCAA game and loved the actual game play (the franchise was pretty weak). this game is really bad. Unfortunately its the only option if you want the mlb experience. sadly MLB 2k7 is supposed to be even worse. The franchise isn't bad actually, the show seems pretty boring (not nearly as fun as madden superstar) but the game play is unbearable. I cant even count how many times I've had a catcher just stand there with the ball as my opponent slides in for a run. Hitting seems way too easy. the pitching system seems to have some good ideas and they should keep developing it. I don't want to be forced to play 9 innings in online play, and you cant concede defeat or have a friendly quit, so if your opponent is a cheeser theres little you can do. All we can do is hope and wait for next year. Expand

#27 Most Discussed PS2 Game of 2007
#42 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2007

1. You're bound to find a mode to immerse yourself into, and you've never had so much fun pitching in a baseball sim before.
  2. An arcade game and a true-to-life simulator rolled into one. MLB 07 is a grand showpiece for PlayStation 2. It crams as much into the game as possible, drawing every bit of power it can from the console’s core.
    MLB 07 looks and sounds great. It's amazing how specific the announcers' comments are, players look like their real-world counterparts and stadiums have the intricate details that will make any fan proud.