Monster Rancher 4 PlayStation 2

• Release Date: Nov 13, 2003
8.7

1. Peter
    Nov 2, 2003
    Hey all. I got to play a demo of this game and all i have to say is wow.The graphics are way better and the options you have (though limited in the demo) for getting monsters in and combining them are much more open.I think this game is an excellent sequel.
  2. BobB.
    Dec 14, 2003
    I like this game but there are a lot of issues that are not dicused in the manual or ingame. How to ride your monsters, if ridable, in adventures.
  3. YigYag
    Mar 6, 2004
    Great game!!!
  4. SamH.
    Jan 1, 2004
    The manual could have giving you more info to start and combing really sucks compared to the first 2 (which where awesome) but other than that it was pretty cool... oh yeah and the fact that most pc games only give you a Mushtan i thought it was great
  5. RayS.
    Mar 26, 2005
    I like it very much..hope it will came out here in europe!!!
  6. JoeK.
    Apr 25, 2007
    Great Game! I love how in boss battles there are team moves and i love riding the monsters I also really like how the the combinations (Naga/Plant) have more varying features I suggest buying this game.
  7. ErikL.
    Oct 28, 2003
    A great installment to the MR series.
  8. STRIDERLGN
    Oct 29, 2003
    My bro got a deck of normal cards with monster rancher 4 monsters on it i am glad to see the return of my BATTLEROCKS!!! the other monsters look cool to with the multi training feature making a moster maxed out just became easier.
  9. P.S.
    Jan 27, 2004
    MONSTERS RULE!
  10. PhillV.
    Nov 18, 2003
    This game pics up where MR3 leftt off. Apparently, MR3 wasn't as good (I still liked it, but it could've been better). However, any diehard MR (like me!) fan would LOVE this game! Graphics are good, as well as gameplay, but.. all I can say is.. WOW. You won't regret getting this game.. hypothetically speaking that you've played and like the previous titles.

#80 Most Shared PS2 Game of 2003

1. Edge Magazine
    With no real sense of connection with your monsters, or of engagement with the clumsily delivered plot, there is little here to help the game overcome its tendency towards charmless, chore-based repetition. [Jan 2004, p.106]
  2. You'll get out of it what you put in. You can get into the game fairly quickly, but the real rewards come from investing time in the exploration and monster-developing aspects of the game.
  3. GameNow
    The coolest addition is the ability to raise more than one monster at once, adding a level of strategy to picking the monster you enter in a particular competition. [Jan 2004, p.60]