• Publisher: Tecmo
  • Release Date: Apr 13, 2006
6.3

1. Wheelchair
    Apr 8, 2008
    As a die-hard fan of the Monster Rancher series, I practically cried after I actually got to playing this. The first few hours were fun, but that's only because I spent them resurrecting monsters from discs, and even that is lacking due to the pitiful number of monsters in this game. The characters were practically made of paper, and the villians scream "Team Rocket". The entire storyAs a die-hard fan of the Monster Rancher series, I practically cried after I actually got to playing this. The first few hours were fun, but that's only because I spent them resurrecting monsters from discs, and even that is lacking due to the pitiful number of monsters in this game. The characters were practically made of paper, and the villians scream "Team Rocket". The entire story of the game seemed thrown together at the last minute, and they completely dissected the concepts of training, raising, and battling monsters. Why would Tecmo do this? Now none of the good, new MR games(MRDS and MRO) will make it here. Expand
  2. JerimiahW.
    Oct 3, 2006
    I completly agree with KoriDragonic, and I'm very disapointed; this is for everyone, I have been a Monster Rancher fan from the begining, and this game at best! deserves to be titled "MR kids edition". Please do not do this again Tecmo; knowing what I know now, I wouldnt want this game if it was givin to me.
    Jun 12, 2006
    Don't get this game if you can't handle RPGs. Just one thing to say...this game is a total change from the other monster ranchers but I think it is for the better.
  4. KorilDragonic
    Jun 3, 2006
    Look, this game is less a monster rancher than it is a monster FACTORY. Raising and caring for your beast has been reduced to assigning a person to do all the work for you, then using said monster for your own personal gain. The purpose for raising these creatures, FIGHTING, has all but been REMOVED from this game. And anyone who says the "RPG" qualities redeem this travesty has never Look, this game is less a monster rancher than it is a monster FACTORY. Raising and caring for your beast has been reduced to assigning a person to do all the work for you, then using said monster for your own personal gain. The purpose for raising these creatures, FIGHTING, has all but been REMOVED from this game. And anyone who says the "RPG" qualities redeem this travesty has never played this game! MR 4 had a more in-depth story than this. In fact, go play THAT game instead! The "music" is endless whining circus tunes, with little of the vibrant music you'd expect of an accordian playing main character. It sounds more like an organ grinder on a sleezy street corner. I actually turned the BGM OFF when playing. For you MR fans out there, you'll know how bad this game is when I say Monster Rancher 3 is better than this. But if you're desperate for a fix like I am, then all you can do is brace yourself and hope you won't be turned off the series forever by this Monstrosity of a Monster Rancher. Expand

It keeps everything that fans love about the series and adds more to the experience. Although gamers looking for a deep experience may find the game lacking in some respects, casual gamers looking for a refreshing adventure won't be disappointed.
    Trying to grow the concept of the Monster Rancher series is a fine idea, but an unbalanced system of monster upgrades, minimizing the core franchise concept of tournaments and skewing the difficulty level thanks to the "RPG-like" adventure stages isn't the best way to do it.
  3. Even training monsters has become a total chore; you have to set each task manually, instead of being able to set long-term training schedules. This is a de-evolution at best.