8.3

1. Jan 5, 2014
    I could start this game from scratch and it would take me months until I got bored. The fatalities are cool, ingenuitive, and gory. The addition of Hara-Kiri's werent bad either. I love the whole style branching Combos. Konquest can get a little dull when you have to learn every single move of someone every 5 minutes, but other than that its pretty good. There are decent side challenges in konquest if you fell like it. Even after you beat konquest, there are still Keys to be found, some of which can be ridiculous. Otherwise this is the best mortal kombat there is, over armageddon, and way over the newer Mortal Kombat. I think the different kinds of koins is what made Deception a lot better than Armageddon in my book. Chess Combat was where I spent most of my time after konquest. Expand

1. It may seem odd to praise a fighting game that rests in the three foot end of the Olympic diving pool of fighters, but it's the combination of totally engrossing extra game modes, seemingly endless unlockables, an easily accessible mythology and the kind of passion and geeky pride that just rubs off on you.
  2. The core one-on-one fighting action--whether you play it offline or online--is easily the best part of the game. Like its predecessor, the fighting in Mortal Kombat: Deception is gory, intense, and quite complex, meaning it captures much of what's made MK an institution among fighting games.
  3. Considering the extremely fast response times needed for a fighting game, it's amazing how smoothly the online mode plays. It's just as responsive as it would be if you were playing with a pal sitting next to you, which is an astounding achievement.